Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Max give for Sam having never married?
2. What does Max say he could instinctively know?
3. After Sam reminds Max that he took Jessie out in a limo because he was taking care of her, what does Max call Sam?
4. Where does Lenny tell Ruth he thinks Teddy has been?
5. How does Max respond to Lenny's question right after Max wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lenny ask his father about the night he was conceived?
2. What does Lenny propose as a way for Ruth to earn her own money?
3. Describe what happens immediately after Teddy leaves.
4. Lenny says he envies Teddy for what reasons?
5. What violent action does Max take against Sam?
6. According to Teddy, how is Ruth different since their marriage?
7. During the argument over the glass of water, what does Ruth dare Lenny to do?
8. After Lenny tells Ruth the story about a violent act he once committed, what story does he then tell Ruth about about an old woman?
9. What kinds of demands does Ruth make on the brothers?
10. Over what missing object does Lenny pick an argument with Teddy?
Essay Topic 1
When Ruth first arrives at the family home, she is nearly silent. By the end of the play, she has become the dominant figure. In what specific ways has Ruth changed and what specific reasons do you think account for her change?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Ruth and Jessie, particularly in respect to Max's varying attitude toward each woman.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Teddy and Ruth. Explain what evidence exists which shows care and concern on the part of either or both characters. Discuss the conflicts evident in their marriage and the consequence of those conflicts.
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)