Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Max give for Sam having never married?
2. What does Max say he could instinctively know?
3. After Sam reminds Max that he took Jessie out in a limo because he was taking care of her, what does Max call Sam?
4. Where does Lenny tell Ruth he thinks Teddy has been?
5. How does Max respond to Lenny's question right after Max wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lenny ask his father about the night he was conceived?
2. What does Lenny propose as a way for Ruth to earn her own money?
3. Describe what happens immediately after Teddy leaves.
4. Lenny says he envies Teddy for what reasons?
5. What violent action does Max take against Sam?
6. According to Teddy, how is Ruth different since their marriage?
7. During the argument over the glass of water, what does Ruth dare Lenny to do?
8. After Lenny tells Ruth the story about a violent act he once committed, what story does he then tell Ruth about about an old woman?
9. What kinds of demands does Ruth make on the brothers?
10. Over what missing object does Lenny pick an argument with Teddy?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of rejection in the play. Include examples of the way at least four characters experience rejection or reject another character.
Essay Topic 2
In your opinion, which character is in the best position to make positive changes in the family's dynamics? Explain why you have chosen this character and what specifically you think this character could possibly do to bring about some change.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the occupations of Max, Sam, Teddy, and Joey. Explain why the playwright might have chosen those particular occupations.
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)