|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sam comes in from the kitchen, what does Max accuse Sam of doing?
(a) Making noise out of resentment
(b) Breaking the radio
(c) Taking other people's sides
(d) Forgetting to pick up the groceries
2. What does Joey say when Max tells him that he will have time to do what he needs to do and still be able to go with Max?
(a) Joey tells him to invite someone else.
(b) Joey ignores Max.
(c) Joey agrees to go.
(d) Joey still refuses.
3. What do Sam, Teddy. Joey, and Lenny do after Max physically abuses Sam?
(a) Everyone places blame where they think it is due.
(b) Everyone looks at Ruth.
(c) Everyone is still.
(d) Everyone leaves the room.
4. When Teddy comes downstairs after his father and brothers have come home from the gym, what does Max ask him?
(a) If he is going to fight his brothers
(b) If he's going to pay rent on the room he's using
(c) If he will put out the fire in the fireplace
(d) If he's leaving soon
5. In reminiscing after lunch, what does Max refer to Jessie as?
(a) A tart
(b) An angel
(c) A "slutbitch of a wife"
(d) A tigress
Short Answer Questions
1. When trying to convince her to go home with him, what does Teddy remind Ruth of?
2. After he reminisces, what does Max ask Sam?
3. While Max is questioning Teddy about when he plans to leave, how does Joey interact with Ruth?
4. What is Ruth's response when Teddy asks her to go home?
5. After questioning Teddy , what does Max say about Ruth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What word does Teddy used to describe the members of his family?
2. What kind of response does Teddy make to his brothers' caressing Ruth?
3. As Act Two opens, what positive and negative comments does Max make about his late wife?
4. What is Ruth's response to Teddy's urging her to pack up and go home with him?
5. In what ways does Max compare his father with Sam?
6. What comparison does Ruth make when referring to the relationship between words and actions?
7. According to Teddy, how is Ruth different since their marriage?
8. What does Joey do in his uncle's defense when Max criticizes Sam?
9. When Teddy and Ruth come downstairs and surprise Max, what is the first thing he wants to know?
10. Why does Max hit Joey?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)