|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Max, what made Sam a bad son?
(a) He never came to see his parents.
(b) He was useless in the family business.
(c) He didn't help take care of his father when he was dying.
(d) He stole money from his father.
2. What is Sam doing in the kitchen during Max's and Joey's discussion about going out together?
(a) Sam is repairing the radio.
(b) Sam is chopping carrots.
(c) Sam is talking to Lenny.
(d) Sam is washing the dishes.
3. After his collapse, Max talks with Ruth about her children and then asks Teddy to do what?
(a) Max asks Teddy to take Ruth out of the house.
(b) Max asks Teddy to stay for a few more days.
(c) Max asks Teddy if he wants to cuddle and kiss his father.
(d) Max asks Teddy to give the family some money.
4. What comparison does Ruth use in her discussion with Lenny after Teddy has been mocked by Lenny?
(a) The seeds in a pod and the growth of a tree
(b) the setting of the sun and the emergence of the stars
(c) The relationship between the movement of her leg and the movement of her underwear
(d) The love of a boy for his horse
5. Just before the end of Act Two, Scene 1, What does Teddy give a long speech about?
(a) How his mother would be proud of him
(b) How families shouldn't argue
(c) Why he needs to leave
(d) How important his works are
Short Answer Questions
1. As Lenny joins the conversation that Ruth, Lenny, and Teddy have been engaged in after lunch, what subject does Lenny ask Teddy about?
2. What does Max do to Sam when Sam tries to help Max after he collapses?
3. When Teddy comes downstairs after his father and brothers have come home from the gym, what does Max ask him?
4. What kind of response does Max get from the family to his question about the surprising appearance of his son and a woman Max does not know, suddenly standing in his living room?
5. What does Sam do when Max collapses after verbally abusing Ruth?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)