|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In reminiscing after lunch, what does Max refer to Jessie as?
(a) A tigress
(b) An angel
(c) A tart
(d) A "slutbitch of a wife"
2. When Teddy comes downstairs after his father and brothers have come home from the gym, what does Max ask him?
(a) If he's leaving soon
(b) If he is going to fight his brothers
(c) If he's going to pay rent on the room he's using
(d) If he will put out the fire in the fireplace
3. After Ruth falls onto the floor, what does she ask for?
(a) An ice pack
(b) Help getting up
(c) Something to eat and drink
(d) Some understanding
4. Just after Teddy comes downstairs on the afternoon of their second day at the house, what do Lenny and Ruth do as Teddy watches?
(a) They look at photos together.
(b) They light a fire in the fireplace.
(c) They slow dance and kiss.
(d) They go into the kitchen together.
5. When Max and Joey leave after the conversation between Lenny and Ruth, who goes with them?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sam comes in from the kitchen, what does Max accuse Sam of doing?
2. In the conversation after lunch, what happens when Teddy can't answer the question Lenny asks him?
3. When Sam comes in from the kitchen, what emotion of Sam's does Max say he doesn't understand?
4. When Teddy comes downstairs while Ruth and Lenny are talking together, what does Lenny do?
5. After Sam, Lenny, Max, and Teddy have finished lunch and are smoking cigars, on what are they complimenting Ruth?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Act Two opens, what positive and negative comments does Max make about his late wife?
2. What is Teddy's response to Ruth's question about whether the family has read any of his works?
3. What kinds of demands does Ruth make on the brothers?
4. What does Joey do in his uncle's defense when Max criticizes Sam?
5. Describe Max's initial reaction to Ruth.
6. What does Teddy tell Max about his family life with Ruth?
7. What word does Teddy used to describe the members of his family?
8. What kind of response does Teddy make to his brothers' caressing Ruth?
9. What comparison does Ruth make when referring to the relationship between words and actions?
10. In what ways does Max compare his father with Sam?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)