|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Joey, Max, and Lenny return home from the gym on the afternoon of the second day, what does Joey do?
(a) Argues with Teddy
(b) Goes upstairs
(c) Takes Ruth to the sofa and kisses her
(d) Reminds Lenny not to light fires in the fireplace
2. When Sam comes in from the kitchen, what does Max accuse Sam of doing?
(a) Breaking the radio
(b) Making noise out of resentment
(c) Forgetting to pick up the groceries
(d) Taking other people's sides
3. What is Sam doing in the kitchen during Max's and Joey's discussion about going out together?
(a) Sam is washing the dishes.
(b) Sam is repairing the radio.
(c) Sam is chopping carrots.
(d) Sam is talking to Lenny.
4. According to Max, what made Sam a bad son?
(a) He stole money from his father.
(b) He was useless in the family business.
(c) He never came to see his parents.
(d) He didn't help take care of his father when he was dying.
5. After lunch, Max abruptly turns his attention from reminiscing to Sam. Who does he compare Sam to?
(a) A famous boxer
(c) Himself (Max)
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth reveals to Lenny that she was born where?
2. How many children does Ruth have?
3. After the conversation with Ruth in which he asks her to go home with him, what does Teddy do?
4. What does Joey say when Max tells him that he will have time to do what he needs to do and still be able to go with Max?
5. What does Teddy tell Max about his life with Ruth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Teddy tell Max about his family life with Ruth?
2. By the end of the first act, which characters has Max not physically or verbally abused?
3. Describe Max's initial reaction to Ruth.
4. According to Teddy, how is Ruth different since their marriage?
5. In what ways does Max compare his father with Sam?
6. By the end of the first act, which characters has Max abused both verbally and physically?
7. For what does Max criticize Sam when Sam is in the kitchen?
8. What kinds of demands does Ruth make on the brothers?
9. What violent action does Max take against Sam?
10. What kind of response does Teddy make to his brothers' caressing Ruth?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)