|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Max, when his father was dying, what did he tell Max to do?
(a) He told Max not to let Sam get away with anything.
(b) He told Max where to find money he had hidden.
(c) He told Max to sell the house.
(d) He told Max to take care of his brothers.
2. What does Sam do before he leaves for work after lunch?
(a) Sam tells Teddy a secret.
(b) Sam tries to get Max to apologize.
(c) Sam shakes Ruth's hand.
(d) Sam washes the breakfast dishes.
3. Just after Teddy comes downstairs on the afternoon of their second day at the house, what do Lenny and Ruth do as Teddy watches?
(a) They go into the kitchen together.
(b) They slow dance and kiss.
(c) They light a fire in the fireplace.
(d) They look at photos together.
4. When Max and Joey leave after the conversation between Lenny and Ruth, who goes with them?
5. How does Joey respond to Max's invitation to spend the afternoon with him?
(a) Joey says he has to do an errand for Sam.
(b) Joey says he has to work on his car.
(c) Joey says he has to repair the roof.
(d) Joey says he has to train.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Max asks Teddy if he wants to cuddle and kiss his father, what does Max tell the rest of the family about Teddy?
2. What is Sam doing in the kitchen during Max's and Joey's discussion about going out together?
3. After chastising Teddy for bringing Ruth into his house, who does Max ask to throw Ruth and Teddy out?
4. As the men compliment Ruth after lunch, what is Max reminiscing about?
5. After Ruth falls onto the floor, what does she ask for?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Teddy, how is Ruth different since their marriage?
2. What violent action does Max take against Sam?
3. What comparison does Ruth make when referring to the relationship between words and actions?
4. What kind of response does Teddy make to his brothers' caressing Ruth?
5. What does Joey do in his uncle's defense when Max criticizes Sam?
6. Why does Max hit Joey?
7. What does Max tell Teddy about Teddy and Ruth's wedding?
8. What argument do Max and Joey have at the beginning of the Act 1, Scene 3?
9. According to Max, what did his father ask him to do when he was dying?
10. In what ways does Max compare his father with Sam?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)