|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Teddy and Ruth are left alone in the living room, how does he try to convince her to go home with him?
(a) He tells her that she could get her old job back.
(b) He reminds her about her sons.
(c) He tells her he wants to leave.
(d) He says she is making a poor impression on his family.
2. In his long speech, what does Teddy call the members of his family?
3. What does Joey say when Max tells him that he will have time to do what he needs to do and still be able to go with Max?
(a) Joey tells him to invite someone else.
(b) Joey still refuses.
(c) Joey agrees to go.
(d) Joey ignores Max.
4. Which of the following characters has been discussed but has never appeared on stage?
5. In his long speech, what does Tedd say he won't do?
(a) Give his family anything
(b) Come back again to see the family
(c) Become lost in his family's lives
(d) Stoop to his family's level
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teddy tell Max about his life with Ruth?
2. On the morning after Teddy and Ruth's arrival, what does Max invite Joey to do in the afternoon?
3. After the conversation with Ruth in which he asks her to go home with him, what does Teddy do?
4. After his collapse, Max talks with Ruth about her children and then asks Teddy to do what?
5. When Max asks Teddy if he wants to cuddle and kiss his father, what does Max tell the rest of the family about Teddy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Max hit Joey?
2. What does Max tell Teddy about Teddy and Ruth's wedding?
3. By the end of the first act, which characters has Max abused both verbally and physically?
4. When Teddy and Ruth come downstairs and surprise Max, what is the first thing he wants to know?
5. In what ways does Max compare his father with Sam?
6. What did Ruth say she did for a living before she was married?
7. For what does Max criticize Sam when Sam is in the kitchen?
8. What comparison does Ruth make when referring to the relationship between words and actions?
9. According to Max, what did his father ask him to do when he was dying?
10. What word does Teddy used to describe the members of his family?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)