|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth reveals to Lenny that she was born where?
(a) In France
(b) In Australia
(c) In America
2. In his long speech, what does Teddy call the members of his family?
3. As the men compliment Ruth after lunch, what is Max reminiscing about?
(a) His childhood
(b) His days as a football player
(c) His days at the horse track
(d) His wife
4. After Ruth tells Lenny where she was born, where does Max tell Joey he needs to go?
(a) To school
(b) To the football game
(c) To the gym
(d) To the market
5. After questioning Teddy , what does Max say about Ruth?
(a) She should leave.
(b) She is a woman of feeling.
(c) She is lucky Teddy married her.
(d) She is a good cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many women appear onstage in the play?
2. What happens to the person who tries to help Joey after Max has hit him in the stomach?
3. What is the nature of the family business?
4. After Ruth falls onto the floor, what does she ask for?
5. When Max asks Teddy if he wants to cuddle and kiss his father, what does Max tell the rest of the family about Teddy?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what does Max criticize Sam when Sam is in the kitchen?
2. According to Teddy, how is Ruth different since their marriage?
3. By the end of the first act, which characters has Max abused both verbally and physically?
4. What does Joey do in his uncle's defense when Max criticizes Sam?
5. What is Teddy's response to Ruth's question about whether the family has read any of his works?
6. What is Ruth's response to Teddy's urging her to pack up and go home with him?
7. Act One, scene 3 begins the morning after Teddy and Ruth have arrived; what characters have not yet met Ruth?
8. As Act Two opens, what positive and negative comments does Max make about his late wife?
9. What kinds of demands does Ruth make on the brothers?
10. What word does Teddy used to describe the members of his family?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)