|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sam doing in the kitchen during Max's and Joey's discussion about going out together?
(a) Sam is talking to Lenny.
(b) Sam is chopping carrots.
(c) Sam is repairing the radio.
(d) Sam is washing the dishes.
2. What is the relationship between the two characters who are up early at the beginning of Act I, Scene 3?
(a) Husband and wife
(b) Uncle and Nephew
(c) Father and Son
3. What do Sam, Teddy. Joey, and Lenny do after Max physically abuses Sam?
(a) Everyone places blame where they think it is due.
(b) Everyone leaves the room.
(c) Everyone looks at Ruth.
(d) Everyone is still.
4. As the men compliment Ruth after lunch, what is Max reminiscing about?
(a) His wife
(b) His childhood
(c) His days at the horse track
(d) His days as a football player
5. After she has gotten up off the floor, what does Ruth ask Teddy?
(a) If the family has read any of his work
(b) If he remembers his mother
(c) If they're going to leave soon
(d) If his family always argues this much
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max say about whether or not he followed his father's wishes?
2. After lunch, Max abruptly turns his attention from reminiscing to Sam. Who does he compare Sam to?
3. After Ruth tells Lenny where she was born, where does Max tell Joey he needs to go?
4. According to Max, when his father was dying, what did he tell Max to do?
5. After Lenny mocks Teddy's inability to answer his question, what subject does the conversation change to?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)