|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joey respond to Max's invitation to spend the afternoon with him?
(a) Joey says he has to work on his car.
(b) Joey says he has to do an errand for Sam.
(c) Joey says he has to repair the roof.
(d) Joey says he has to train.
2. In reminiscing after lunch, what does Max refer to Jessie as?
(a) A tart
(b) An angel
(c) A "slutbitch of a wife"
(d) A tigress
3. After chastising Teddy for bringing Ruth into his house, who does Max ask to throw Ruth and Teddy out?
(b) The neighbor
4. While Max is questioning Teddy about when he plans to leave, how does Joey interact with Ruth?
(a) He shows her his watch.
(b) He helps her light the fire.
(c) He lies on top of Ruth.
(d) He pours her a drink.
5. In his long speech, what does Teddy say about his family's intelligence level?
(a) They don't have the capacity to understand his writing.
(b) They misunderstand everything.
(c) They are unintelligent.
(d) They are bright but uneducated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam do when Max collapses after verbally abusing Ruth?
2. As the men compliment Ruth after lunch, what is Max reminiscing about?
3. The first time Max meets Ruth, what doe Teddy tell Max about her?
4. After Ruth tells Lenny where she was born, where does Max tell Joey he needs to go?
5. While Max is questioning Teddy about when he plans to leave, how does Lenny interact with Ruth?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)