|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, instead of Max, does Lenny say he should have asked for an answer to a question that's been bothering him?
(a) His father
(d) His dead mother
2. When Lenny comes downstairs, what reason does he give for not being able to sleep?
(a) Lenny says he is too worried to sleep.
(b) Lenny says he is having nightmares.
(c) Lenny says there is something ticking that is keeping him awake.
(d) Lenny says it is too cold in his room.
3. What does Max want Sam to do when Joey goes upstairs?
(a) Max wants Sam to go upstairs.
(b) Max wants Sam to drive him to the drugstore.
(c) Max wants Sam to agree with about his criticism of Joey.
(d) Max wants Sam to eat dinner with him.
4. In what sport does Joey participate?
5. In which city does "The Homecoming" take place?
(c) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lenny say in response to Max's demand for an explanation of the noise that awoke him?
2. How are Teddy and Ruth related to Max?
3. What do Lenny and Max bicker about?
4. When Lenny gets flustered, what does Ruth do?
5. Where does Ruth say she and Teddy have been vacationing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lenny ask his father about the night he was conceived?
2. When Lenny first greets his brother, why does the conversation involve a clock?
3. What does Lenny propose as a way for Ruth to earn her own money?
4. What word does Teddy used to describe the members of his family?
5. Why do Joey and Lenny tell Teddy a story about Joey bullying a girl into having sex without a condom?
6. In what ways does Max compare his father with Sam?
7. Lenny says he envies Teddy for what reasons?
8. Describe Max's initial reaction to Ruth.
9. Which characters, although not seen onstage, are mentioned frequently throughout the play, and how is each related to Max?
10. By the end of the first act, which characters has Max not physically or verbally abused?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)