|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lenny say Max used to always like doing?
(a) Tucking his sons into bed.
(b) Playing ball with his sons.
(c) Singing with his sons.
(d) Taking his sons on outings.
2. What does Lenny say in response to Max's demand for an explanation of the noise that awoke him?
(a) Lenny tells Max that Sam turned up the radio.
(b) Lenny asks Max about the night he was conceived.
(c) Lenny asks Max to loan him some money.
(d) Lenny blames the noise on Joey and his friends.
3. What does Max tell Lenny to stop?
(a) Eating so much
(b) Calling him "Dad"
(c) Complaining about his job.
(d) Beating up on his brother
4. What does Lenny say when Ruth asks how he knew the prostitute was diseased?
(a) Lenny says he just decided she was diseased.
(b) Lenny says a buddy told him the prostitute was diseased.
(c) Lenny says the prostitute's mother told him she was diseased.
(d) Lenny says the prostitute told him she was diseased.
5. Where does Ruth tell Lenny she and Teddy live?
Short Answer Questions
1. The first time Max mentions a man named MacGregor, what does he say about him?
2. Before he comes home, where has Joey been?
3. What does Ruth want to do by herself shortly after she and Teddy arrive at the family home?
4. What does Lenny want Max to tell him?
5. Where does Lenny tell Ruth he thinks Teddy has been?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jessie and what do we learn about her at the beginning of the play?
2. What evidence do we have that Max dominates his brother Sam, as well as his own sons?
3. How does Max respond to Lenny's question about his conception?
4. Just after they arrive at the house, what does Teddy reassure Ruth about?
5. When Teddy arrives at his family's home, what does he find unchanged?
6. Describe Max's attitude toward his brother Sam.
7. Explain how Sam feels about his performance at work.
8. What is the relationship between Max and Rose and what two other characters have the same relationship?
9. What conflicting information does Max give about MacGregor (his father)?
10. "The Homecoming" takes place in an old London house where four men live. Who are these men and how are they related to each other?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)