|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first time Max mentions a man named MacGregor, what does he say about him?
(a) He used to hang around with MacGregor.
(b) MacGregor was his best friend.
(c) MacGregor lives next door.
(d) He went to prison.
2. What does Lenny want Max to tell him?
(a) If his parents were trying to have a baby or if his conception was an accident
(b) Why no one would ever loan him any money
(c) If he was going to inherit the house someday
(d) Why he gets blamed for everything that happens
3. In what sport does Joey participate?
4. Before he comes home, where has Joey been?
(a) He has been out for a walk.
(b) He has been driving his cab.
(c) He has been applying for a job.
(d) He has been working out.
5. How does Sam describe Jessie?
(a) He says she was unfriendly.
(b) He says she was a charming woman.
(c) He says she was beautiful.
(d) He says she was always tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Teddy and Ruth first arrive at the family home, what does Ruth say she is feeling?
2. How does Max respond to Lenny's question right after Max wakes up?
3. What did Lenny tell Ruth he had been asked to help an old woman with?
4. When Max comes downstairs, what does he say woke him?
5. Where does Ruth tell Lenny she and Teddy live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflicting information does Max give about MacGregor (his father)?
2. What does Joey do in his uncle's defense when Max criticizes Sam?
3. Why does Max hit Joey?
4. "The Homecoming" takes place in an old London house where four men live. Who are these men and how are they related to each other?
5. Throughout the play, Max verbally abuses his son Joey; give an example of this verbal abuse.
6. By the end of the first act, which characters has Max not physically or verbally abused?
7. What does Max tell Teddy about Teddy and Ruth's wedding?
8. By the end of the first act, which characters has Max abused both verbally and physically?
9. According to Teddy, how is Ruth different since their marriage?
10. Describe what happens immediately after Teddy leaves.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)