|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lenny and Ruth argue about?
(a) Lenny's lies
(b) The family album
(c) Teddy's faithfulness
(d) Ruth's glass
2. How does Max respond to Lenny's question right after Max wakes up?
(a) Max hits Lenny with a cane.
(b) Max reassures Lenny.
(c) Max spits at Lenny.
(d) Max tells Lenny to leave.
3. What is Sam's job?
(a) Factory worker
(d) Security guard
4. In his first appearance in the play, Joey comes home and immediately asks a question about what?
(a) He asks if his brother is home.
(b) He wonders if there is any food.
(c) He asks where the newspaper is.
(d) He wonders if the roof has been repaired.
5. Before he comes home, where has Joey been?
(a) He has been applying for a job.
(b) He has been working out.
(c) He has been out for a walk.
(d) He has been driving his cab.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, instead of Max, does Lenny say he should have asked for an answer to a question that's been bothering him?
2. After Sam reminds Max that he took Jessie out in a limo because he was taking care of her, what does Max call Sam?
3. When Max comes downstairs, what does he say woke him?
4. What does Max want Sam to do when Joey goes upstairs?
5. What does Max tell Lenny to stop?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Lenny tells Ruth the story about a violent act he once committed, what story does he then tell Ruth about about an old woman?
2. During the argument over the glass of water, what does Ruth dare Lenny to do?
3. When Max comes downstairs complaining of noise, what kind of an explanation does Lenny give?
4. What does Max say about his understanding of female horses?
5. Max threatens violence toward his son Lenny at different points in the play; give one example.
6. Who is Jessie and what do we learn about her at the beginning of the play?
7. When Teddy arrives at his family's home, what does he find unchanged?
8. What does Max mean when he uses the phrase "one flow of stinking pus after another?"
9. What conflicting information does Max give about MacGregor (his father)?
10. What does Lenny ask his father about the night he was conceived?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)