|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Teddy tell Lenny he will be staying?
(b) A few days
(c) As long as he needs to
(d) A week
2. Who, instead of Max, does Lenny say he should have asked for an answer to a question that's been bothering him?
(a) His dead mother
(c) His father
3. Where did Sam get some cigars?
(a) From a fellow worker with a new baby
(b) From an American fare
(c) From a tobacco store
(d) From a friend
4. When he first appears in the play, Max enters the living room and is looking for a scissor for what reason?
(a) He wants to cut something out of the paper.
(b) He wants to trim his hair.
(c) He needs to open a package.
(d) He plans to use them to threaten Lenny.
5. What does Lenny give Ruth after Teddy goes upstairs?
(a) A glass of water
(b) Teddy's old books
(c) A family photo
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max tell Lenny to stop?
2. What does Lenny ask Ruth to do?
3. What does Max want Sam to do when Joey goes upstairs?
4. How is Joey related to Max?
5. What does Teddy take upstairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Lenny first greets his brother, why does the conversation involve a clock?
2. Explain how Sam feels about his performance at work.
3. When Max comes downstairs complaining of noise, what kind of an explanation does Lenny give?
4. What is the relationship between Max and Rose and what two other characters have the same relationship?
5. Describe Max's attitude toward his brother Sam.
6. After Lenny tells Ruth the story about a violent act he once committed, what story does he then tell Ruth about about an old woman?
7. How does Max respond to Lenny's question about his conception?
8. What conflicting information does Max give about MacGregor (his father)?
9. During the argument over the glass of water, what does Ruth dare Lenny to do?
10. The first time Lenny is alone with Ruth, what kinds of personal information does he share with her?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)