|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
2. What does Lenny tell Ruth about a diseased prostitute?
(a) Lenny says he nearly beat her to death.
(b) Lenny says he took her to a hospital.
(c) Lenny says he was in love with her.
(d) Lenny says he lectured her.
3. Why does Max say that when Sam gets married, he should bring his bride home?
(a) Max will tell her the family's history.
(b) Max will give her a family heirloom.
(c) She can cook for them.
(d) There will be a big party.
4. What complaint does Max have about his sons?
(a) Max says that his sons eat too much.
(b) Max says that his sons always want him to take care of them.
(c) Max says that his sons have no ambition.
(d) Max says that his sons are both unfriendly.
5. When does Max say that Sam will be out of the house?
(a) When Max renovates the house
(b) When Sam retires
(c) When Lenny gets married
(d) When Max sells the property
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lenny tell Ruth he had been asked to help an old woman with?
2. What does Teddy take upstairs?
3. What occupation does Lenny tell Ruth he's always imagined for himself?
4. What reason does Max give for Sam having never married?
5. What does Teddy tell Ruth about the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lenny say he is angry at Ruth for calling him by his full name, Leonard?
2. When Lenny first greets his brother, why does the conversation involve a clock?
3. "The Homecoming" takes place in an old London house where four men live. Who are these men and how are they related to each other?
4. After Lenny tells Ruth the story about a violent act he once committed, what story does he then tell Ruth about about an old woman?
5. When Max comes downstairs complaining of noise, what kind of an explanation does Lenny give?
6. What does Max mean when he uses the phrase "one flow of stinking pus after another?"
7. Explain how Sam feels about his performance at work.
8. How does Max respond to Lenny's question about his conception?
9. What story Lenny tells Ruth after he has asked to hold her hand?
10. What does Max say about his understanding of female horses?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)