|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lenny say Max used to always like doing?
(a) Singing with his sons.
(b) Taking his sons on outings.
(c) Tucking his sons into bed.
(d) Playing ball with his sons.
2. How long ago did Teddy move out of the family home?
(a) Many years
(b) Several days
(c) A week
(d) Several months
3. When he first appears in the play, Max enters the living room and is looking for a scissor for what reason?
(a) He plans to use them to threaten Lenny.
(b) He wants to cut something out of the paper.
(c) He needs to open a package.
(d) He wants to trim his hair.
4. What do Lenny and Max bicker about?
(a) The leaking roof
(b) Max's cooking
(c) Lenny's chores
(d) Paying for groceries
5. The first time Max mentions a man named MacGregor, what does he say about him?
(a) He went to prison.
(b) MacGregor lives next door.
(c) He used to hang around with MacGregor.
(d) MacGregor was his best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only character left on stage at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
2. What does Max describe as "one flow of stinking pus after another?"
3. Who was Jessie?
4. What does Sam brag about?
5. What does Lenny say when Ruth asks how he knew the prostitute was diseased?
Short Essay Questions
1. Throughout the play, Max verbally abuses his son Joey; give an example of this verbal abuse.
2. Just after they arrive at the house, what does Teddy reassure Ruth about?
3. The first time Lenny is alone with Ruth, what kinds of personal information does he share with her?
4. "The Homecoming" takes place in an old London house where four men live. Who are these men and how are they related to each other?
5. How does Max respond to Lenny's question about his conception?
6. What does Max say about his understanding of female horses?
7. When Max comes downstairs complaining of noise, what kind of an explanation does Lenny give?
8. Why does Lenny say he is angry at Ruth for calling him by his full name, Leonard?
9. What evidence do we have that Max dominates his brother Sam, as well as his own sons?
10. What does Max mean when he uses the phrase "one flow of stinking pus after another?"
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)