|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Max taunt Joey?
(a) Max says Joey is overweight.
(b) Max says Joey has few skills for his sport.
(c) Max says Joey has no girlfriends.
(d) Max says Joey will never have a good job.
2. Why does Max say that when Sam gets married, he should bring his bride home?
(a) There will be a big party.
(b) She can cook for them.
(c) Max will tell her the family's history.
(d) Max will give her a family heirloom.
3. What does Lenny say he did to the old woman instead of helping her?
(a) Hit her
(b) Gave her some money
(c) Got someone else to help her
(d) Laughed at her
4. Where did Sam get some cigars?
(a) From a fellow worker with a new baby
(b) From a friend
(c) From an American fare
(d) From a tobacco store
5. After she finishes her water, where does Ruth go?
(a) Outside on the front porch
(c) Outside for a walk
(d) Into the kitchen
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam say about Max wanting him out of the house?
2. As they bicker, what does Max grab as if to hit Lenny?
3. How are Teddy and Ruth related to Max?
4. What occupation does Lenny tell Ruth he's always imagined for himself?
5. When he first arrives home, what does Teddy find out about his room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lenny ask his father about the night he was conceived?
2. The first time Lenny is alone with Ruth, what kinds of personal information does he share with her?
3. When Lenny first greets his brother, why does the conversation involve a clock?
4. During the argument over the glass of water, what does Ruth dare Lenny to do?
5. When Teddy arrives at his family's home, what does he find unchanged?
6. When Max comes downstairs complaining of noise, what kind of an explanation does Lenny give?
7. What conflicting information does Max give about MacGregor (his father)?
8. Why does Lenny say he is angry at Ruth for calling him by his full name, Leonard?
9. Which characters, although not seen onstage, are mentioned frequently throughout the play, and how is each related to Max?
10. What story Lenny tells Ruth after he has asked to hold her hand?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)