|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lenny say he did to the old woman instead of helping her?
(a) Got someone else to help her
(b) Hit her
(c) Laughed at her
(d) Gave her some money
2. What does Teddy suggest to Ruth after they have been home awhile?
(a) Teddy suggests they get something to eat.
(b) Teddy suggests they light a fire.
(c) Teddy suggests they change their clothes.
(d) Teddy suggests they go to bed.
3. Shortly after his arrival at the family home, what does Teddy offer Ruth?
(a) Somewhere to change her clothes
(b) Some family heirlooms
(c) Something to eat and drink
(d) Some old photographs
4. What does Lenny say Max used to always like doing?
(a) Playing ball with his sons.
(b) Singing with his sons.
(c) Taking his sons on outings.
(d) Tucking his sons into bed.
5. After Sam reminds Max that he took Jessie out in a limo because he was taking care of her, what does Max call Sam?
(a) A sheep in wolf's clothing
(b) A dirty thief
(c) A maggot and a grub
(d) A rotten cheat
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth dare Lenny to do?
2. When he first arrives home, what does Teddy find out about his room?
3. What did Lenny tell Ruth he had been asked to help an old woman with?
4. When does Max say that Sam will be out of the house?
5. In his first appearance in the play, Joey comes home and immediately asks a question about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What word does Teddy used to describe the members of his family?
2. The first time Lenny is alone with Ruth, what kinds of personal information does he share with her?
3. What does Lenny propose as a way for Ruth to earn her own money?
4. As Act Two opens, what positive and negative comments does Max make about his late wife?
5. Describe Max's initial reaction to Ruth.
6. Just after they arrive at the house, what does Teddy reassure Ruth about?
7. What does Teddy tell Max about his family life with Ruth?
8. In what ways does Max compare his father with Sam?
9. What violent action does Max take against Sam?
10. What comparison does Ruth make when referring to the relationship between words and actions?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)