|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before he comes home, where has Joey been?
(a) He has been working out.
(b) He has been applying for a job.
(c) He has been out for a walk.
(d) He has been driving his cab.
2. On what subject does Lenny ask Max for advice?
(a) Buying a used car
(b) Betting on a horse
(c) Finding a new job
(d) Dating a girl
3. What reason does Sam give for believing that he is the best at his job?
(a) He doesn't make mistakes.
(b) He doesn't take liberties.
(c) He asks questions.
(d) He works harder than anyone else.
4. What does Lenny tell Ruth about a diseased prostitute?
(a) Lenny says he lectured her.
(b) Lenny says he nearly beat her to death.
(c) Lenny says he took her to a hospital.
(d) Lenny says he was in love with her.
5. Where does Ruth tell Lenny she and Teddy live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Aside from Teddy's education, why does Lenny say he envies Teddy?
2. As the play begins, Lenny is in the living room of the house where he lives with which two other people?
3. What does Lenny say in response to Max's demand for an explanation of the noise that awoke him?
4. Where does Lenny tell Ruth he thinks Teddy has been?
5. What does Lenny ask Ruth to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. "The Homecoming" takes place in an old London house where four men live. Who are these men and how are they related to each other?
2. Why does Lenny say he is angry at Ruth for calling him by his full name, Leonard?
3. Lenny says he envies Teddy for what reasons?
4. The first time Lenny is alone with Ruth, what kinds of personal information does he share with her?
5. When Lenny first greets his brother, why does the conversation involve a clock?
6. Describe Max's attitude toward his brother Sam.
7. Which characters, although not seen onstage, are mentioned frequently throughout the play, and how is each related to Max?
8. When Teddy arrives at his family's home, what does he find unchanged?
9. Explain how Sam feels about his performance at work.
10. Just after they arrive at the house, what does Teddy reassure Ruth about?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)