|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max describe as "one flow of stinking pus after another?"
2. When Teddy and Ruth first arrive at the family home, what does Ruth say she is feeling?
(a) Very bored
(b) Very cold
(c) Very tired
(d) Very excited
3. Where does Ruth say she and Teddy have been vacationing?
4. Where did the deed to the house come from?
(a) It was won in a poker game.
(b) Max bought the house as a young man.
(c) It was a foreclosure.
(d) It was an inheritance.
5. How long does Teddy tell Lenny he will be staying?
(a) As long as he needs to
(b) A week
(d) A few days
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the first scene, what does Max reveal about MacGregor?
2. What does Sam say about Max wanting him out of the house?
3. After addressing Lenny's concern about not being able to sleep, who does Teddy ask Lenny about?
4. What does Lenny want Max to tell him?
5. How long ago did Teddy move out of the family home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence do we have that Max dominates his brother Sam, as well as his own sons?
2. "The Homecoming" takes place in an old London house where four men live. Who are these men and how are they related to each other?
3. The first time Lenny is alone with Ruth, what kinds of personal information does he share with her?
4. Throughout the play, Max verbally abuses his son Joey; give an example of this verbal abuse.
5. Just after they arrive at the house, what does Teddy reassure Ruth about?
6. When Max comes downstairs complaining of noise, what kind of an explanation does Lenny give?
7. What does Max say about his understanding of female horses?
8. When Teddy arrives at his family's home, what does he find unchanged?
9. Lenny says he envies Teddy for what reasons?
10. What does Lenny ask his father about the night he was conceived?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)