|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Lenny earlier that his father is going to get a surprise in the morning?
2. Where does Ruth say she and Teddy have been vacationing?
3. After she finishes her water, where does Ruth go?
(a) Outside for a walk
(b) Into the kitchen
(d) Outside on the front porch
4. What occupation does Lenny tell Ruth he's always imagined for himself?
5. What does Max tell Lenny to stop?
(a) Complaining about his job.
(b) Eating so much
(c) Beating up on his brother
(d) Calling him "Dad"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teddy take upstairs?
2. What does Ruth dare Lenny to do?
3. Where does Ruth tell Lenny she and Teddy live?
4. As the play begins, Lenny is in the living room of the house where he lives with which two other people?
5. Abandoning his search for the scissors, Max lights a cigarette he has gotten from where?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Teddy arrives at his family's home, what does he find unchanged?
2. Why does Lenny say he is angry at Ruth for calling him by his full name, Leonard?
3. Which characters, although not seen onstage, are mentioned frequently throughout the play, and how is each related to Max?
4. How does Max respond to Lenny's question about his conception?
5. When Lenny first greets his brother, why does the conversation involve a clock?
6. Lenny says he envies Teddy for what reasons?
7. What evidence do we have that Max dominates his brother Sam, as well as his own sons?
8. "The Homecoming" takes place in an old London house where four men live. Who are these men and how are they related to each other?
9. Throughout the play, Max verbally abuses his son Joey; give an example of this verbal abuse.
10. During the argument over the glass of water, what does Ruth dare Lenny to do?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)