|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did Teddy move out of the family home?
(a) Several months
(b) Several days
(c) Many years
(d) A week
2. What does Lenny tell Ruth about a diseased prostitute?
(a) Lenny says he nearly beat her to death.
(b) Lenny says he took her to a hospital.
(c) Lenny says he lectured her.
(d) Lenny says he was in love with her.
3. How is Joey related to Sam?
(a) Sam is Joey's uncle.
(b) Sam and Joey are cousins.
(c) Sam and Joey are brothers.
(d) Sam is Joey's father.
4. How long does Teddy tell Lenny he will be staying?
(a) A few days
(c) A week
(d) As long as he needs to
5. What does Ruth call Lenny?
(b) Little Baby
(c) Mr. Mean
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, instead of Max, does Lenny say he should have asked for an answer to a question that's been bothering him?
2. In which city does "The Homecoming" take place?
3. When Teddy and Ruth first arrive at the family home, what does Ruth say she is feeling?
4. What reason does Max give for Sam having never married?
5. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflicting information does Max give about MacGregor (his father)?
2. When Lenny first greets his brother, why does the conversation involve a clock?
3. "The Homecoming" takes place in an old London house where four men live. Who are these men and how are they related to each other?
4. Explain how Sam feels about his performance at work.
5. Why does Lenny say he is angry at Ruth for calling him by his full name, Leonard?
6. Describe Max's attitude toward his brother Sam.
7. Just after they arrive at the house, what does Teddy reassure Ruth about?
8. What does Max say about his understanding of female horses?
9. Max threatens violence toward his son Lenny at different points in the play; give one example.
10. What does Max mean when he uses the phrase "one flow of stinking pus after another?"
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)