|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Teddy and Ruth related to Max?
(a) Nephew and niece
(b) Son and daughter
(c) Son and daughter-in-law
(d) Grandson and granddaughter
2. How long does Teddy tell Lenny he will be staying?
(b) A week
(c) A few days
(d) As long as he needs to
3. How is Joey related to Max?
(a) Max is Joey's father.
(b) Max and Joey are cousins.
(c) Max and Joey are brothers.
(d) Max is Joey's uncle.
4. In which city does "The Homecoming" take place?
(c) New York
5. What does Teddy take upstairs?
(a) An alarm clock
(b) An album of family photos
(c) His suitcases
(d) A snack
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max say he could instinctively know?
2. What does Teddy suggest to Ruth after they have been home awhile?
3. How does Max respond to Lenny's question right after Max wakes up?
4. What does Lenny say in response to Max's demand for an explanation of the noise that awoke him?
5. What does Max describe as "one flow of stinking pus after another?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Max say about his understanding of female horses?
2. When Lenny first greets his brother, why does the conversation involve a clock?
3. What story Lenny tells Ruth after he has asked to hold her hand?
4. When Max comes downstairs complaining of noise, what kind of an explanation does Lenny give?
5. Describe Max's attitude toward his brother Sam.
6. Explain how Sam feels about his performance at work.
7. Max threatens violence toward his son Lenny at different points in the play; give one example.
8. Who is Jessie and what do we learn about her at the beginning of the play?
9. When Teddy arrives at his family's home, what does he find unchanged?
10. Which characters, although not seen onstage, are mentioned frequently throughout the play, and how is each related to Max?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)