|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lenny say in response to Max's demand for an explanation of the noise that awoke him?
(a) Lenny tells Max that Sam turned up the radio.
(b) Lenny asks Max about the night he was conceived.
(c) Lenny blames the noise on Joey and his friends.
(d) Lenny asks Max to loan him some money.
2. When Teddy and Ruth first arrive at the family home, what does Ruth say she is feeling?
(a) Very bored
(b) Very excited
(c) Very cold
(d) Very tired
3. What does Teddy tell Ruth about the house?
(a) Teddy says the house is about to be sold.
(b) Teddy says that five generations have lived in the house.
(c) Teddy says he was born in the house.
(d) Teddy says that he has never liked the house.
4. What does Max want Sam to do when Joey goes upstairs?
(a) Max wants Sam to eat dinner with him.
(b) Max wants Sam to drive him to the drugstore.
(c) Max wants Sam to go upstairs.
(d) Max wants Sam to agree with about his criticism of Joey.
5. Who told Lenny earlier that his father is going to get a surprise in the morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Max comes downstairs, what does he say woke him?
2. What does Ruth want to do by herself shortly after she and Teddy arrive at the family home?
3. As the play begins, Lenny is in the living room of the house where he lives with which two other people?
4. Who, instead of Max, does Lenny say he should have asked for an answer to a question that's been bothering him?
5. What does Max tell Lenny to stop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lenny say he is angry at Ruth for calling him by his full name, Leonard?
2. "The Homecoming" takes place in an old London house where four men live. Who are these men and how are they related to each other?
3. Lenny says he envies Teddy for what reasons?
4. When Teddy arrives at his family's home, what does he find unchanged?
5. When Max comes downstairs complaining of noise, what kind of an explanation does Lenny give?
6. What is the relationship between Max and Rose and what two other characters have the same relationship?
7. After Lenny tells Ruth the story about a violent act he once committed, what story does he then tell Ruth about about an old woman?
8. What conflicting information does Max give about MacGregor (his father)?
9. Throughout the play, Max verbally abuses his son Joey; give an example of this verbal abuse.
10. Which characters, although not seen onstage, are mentioned frequently throughout the play, and how is each related to Max?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)