|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lenny tell Ruth he had been asked to help an old woman with?
(a) An old-fashioned washing machine
(b) Finding her cat
(c) A dresser she needed moved
(d) Getting to the doctor
2. What does Teddy take upstairs?
(a) An alarm clock
(b) An album of family photos
(c) His suitcases
(d) A snack
3. On what subject does Lenny ask Max for advice?
(a) Betting on a horse
(b) Finding a new job
(c) Buying a used car
(d) Dating a girl
4. After she finishes her water, where does Ruth go?
(a) Into the kitchen
(c) Outside on the front porch
(d) Outside for a walk
5. What does Lenny tell Ruth about a diseased prostitute?
(a) Lenny says he was in love with her.
(b) Lenny says he lectured her.
(c) Lenny says he nearly beat her to death.
(d) Lenny says he took her to a hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lenny give Ruth after Teddy goes upstairs?
2. What does Teddy suggest to Ruth after they have been home awhile?
3. What does Lenny want Max to tell him?
4. Why does Max say that when Sam gets married, he should bring his bride home?
5. Who, instead of Max, does Lenny say he should have asked for an answer to a question that's been bothering him?
Short Essay Questions
1. "The Homecoming" takes place in an old London house where four men live. Who are these men and how are they related to each other?
2. Why does Lenny say he is angry at Ruth for calling him by his full name, Leonard?
3. Which characters, although not seen onstage, are mentioned frequently throughout the play, and how is each related to Max?
4. What does Max say about his understanding of female horses?
5. During the argument over the glass of water, what does Ruth dare Lenny to do?
6. When Lenny first greets his brother, why does the conversation involve a clock?
7. When Max comes downstairs complaining of noise, what kind of an explanation does Lenny give?
8. Explain how Sam feels about his performance at work.
9. What does Max mean when he uses the phrase "one flow of stinking pus after another?"
10. Who is Jessie and what do we learn about her at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)