|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ruth say she and Teddy have been vacationing?
2. How does Max taunt Joey?
(a) Max says Joey has no girlfriends.
(b) Max says Joey has few skills for his sport.
(c) Max says Joey will never have a good job.
(d) Max says Joey is overweight.
3. Who told Lenny earlier that his father is going to get a surprise in the morning?
4. What does Teddy tell Ruth about the house?
(a) Teddy says that five generations have lived in the house.
(b) Teddy says the house is about to be sold.
(c) Teddy says that he has never liked the house.
(d) Teddy says he was born in the house.
5. Where did the deed to the house come from?
(a) It was an inheritance.
(b) It was won in a poker game.
(c) It was a foreclosure.
(d) Max bought the house as a young man.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Teddy and Ruth first arrive at the family home, what does Ruth say she is feeling?
2. On what subject does Lenny ask Max for advice?
3. Who, instead of Max, does Lenny say he should have asked for an answer to a question that's been bothering him?
4. What do Lenny and Ruth argue about?
5. When he first arrives home, what does Teddy find out about his room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Teddy's response to the men discussing his wife sexually and asking her to stay?
2. When Teddy arrives at his family's home, what does he find unchanged?
3. What argument do Max and Joey have at the beginning of the Act 1, Scene 3?
4. During the argument over the glass of water, what does Ruth dare Lenny to do?
5. What word does Teddy used to describe the members of his family?
6. Why does Lenny say he is angry at Ruth for calling him by his full name, Leonard?
7. What similarity is there between Teddy and Ruth's family and Max and Jessie's family?
8. What evidence do we have that Max dominates his brother Sam, as well as his own sons?
9. Describe Max's initial reaction to Ruth.
10. What is the relationship between Max and Rose and what two other characters have the same relationship?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)