|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the deed to the house come from?
(a) It was won in a poker game.
(b) Max bought the house as a young man.
(c) It was a foreclosure.
(d) It was an inheritance.
2. What does Teddy take upstairs?
(a) An alarm clock
(b) His suitcases
(c) A snack
(d) An album of family photos
3. The first time Max mentions a man named MacGregor, what does he say about him?
(a) MacGregor was his best friend.
(b) He used to hang around with MacGregor.
(c) MacGregor lives next door.
(d) He went to prison.
4. How is Joey related to Max?
(a) Max is Joey's uncle.
(b) Max is Joey's father.
(c) Max and Joey are brothers.
(d) Max and Joey are cousins.
5. When Teddy and Ruth first arrive at the family home, what does Ruth say she is feeling?
(a) Very excited
(b) Very tired
(c) Very bored
(d) Very cold
Short Answer Questions
1. When he first arrives home, what does Teddy find out about his room?
2. After Sam reminds Max that he took Jessie out in a limo because he was taking care of her, what does Max call Sam?
3. On what subject does Lenny ask Max for advice?
4. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
5. When he first appears in the play, Max enters the living room and is looking for a scissor for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story Lenny tells Ruth after he has asked to hold her hand?
2. What conflicting information does Max give about MacGregor (his father)?
3. What does Max say about his understanding of female horses?
4. Describe Max's attitude toward his brother Sam.
5. Why does Lenny say he is angry at Ruth for calling him by his full name, Leonard?
6. What does Max mean when he uses the phrase "one flow of stinking pus after another?"
7. "The Homecoming" takes place in an old London house where four men live. Who are these men and how are they related to each other?
8. During the argument over the glass of water, what does Ruth dare Lenny to do?
9. What is the relationship between Max and Rose and what two other characters have the same relationship?
10. The first time Lenny is alone with Ruth, what kinds of personal information does he share with her?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)