|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Teddy and Ruth are left alone in the living room, how does he try to convince her to go home with him?
(a) He reminds her about her sons.
(b) He says she is making a poor impression on his family.
(c) He tells her he wants to leave.
(d) He tells her that she could get her old job back.
2. When Joey, Max, and Lenny return home from the gym on the afternoon of the second day, what does Joey do?
(a) Goes upstairs
(b) Takes Ruth to the sofa and kisses her
(c) Argues with Teddy
(d) Reminds Lenny not to light fires in the fireplace
3. After questioning Teddy , what does Max say about Ruth?
(a) She should leave.
(b) She is a good cook.
(c) She is a woman of feeling.
(d) She is lucky Teddy married her.
4. When Max asks Teddy if he wants to cuddle and kiss his father, what does Max tell the rest of the family about Teddy?
(a) Max says that Teddy and Ruth are not actually married.
(b) Max says that Teddy still loves his father.
(c) Max says that Teddy is going to stay a long time.
(d) Max says that Teddy is smart.
5. After Sam leaves for work, what comment does Max make to Teddy about his wedding?
(a) Max says that Teddy was too young to be married.
(b) Max says he is disappointed that he wasn't invited.
(c) Max said he would have paid for it had he known it was a proper white wedding.
(d) Max says that they should have gotten married at his home.
6. What two characters are up early the next morning at the opening of Act I, Scene 3?
(a) Teddy and Ruth
(b) Lenny and Joey
(c) Sam and Joey
(d) Joey and Max
7. What does Sam do before he leaves for work after lunch?
(a) Sam shakes Ruth's hand.
(b) Sam tries to get Max to apologize.
(c) Sam washes the breakfast dishes.
(d) Sam tells Teddy a secret.
8. When Max and Joey leave after the conversation between Lenny and Ruth, who goes with them?
9. The first time Max meets Ruth, what doe Teddy tell Max about her?
(a) Teddy tells Max that Ruth is his girlfriend.
(b) Teddy tells Max that he lives in New York.
(c) Teddy says that he is planning to just stay overnight.
(d) Teddy tells Max that Ruth is his wife.
10. After Lenny mocks Teddy's inability to answer his question, what subject does the conversation change to?
(a) Violence in families
(b) The importance of the study of anantomy
(c) The high price of clothing
(d) How words and actions relate to each other
11. When Sam comes in from the kitchen, what does Max accuse Sam of doing?
(a) Making noise out of resentment
(b) Taking other people's sides
(c) Forgetting to pick up the groceries
(d) Breaking the radio
12. While Max is questioning Teddy about when he plans to leave, how does Lenny interact with Ruth?
(a) He strokes Ruth's hair.
(b) He gives her a gift.
(c) He helps her open the window.
(d) He brings her a sandwich.
13. How many children does Ruth have?
14. When Max realizes that Teddy and Ruth are not going to be thrown out of his house, what does Max do?
(a) Max tries to throw Ruth out the door.
(b) Max yells at Teddy.
(c) Max hits Joey.
(d) Max throws a dish at the wall.
15. What is Ruth's response when Teddy asks her to go home?
(a) She hugs him.
(b) She tries to reason with him.
(c) She shouts at him to leave her alone.
(d) She is non-committal and almost non-responsive.
Short Answer Questions
1. After she has gotten up off the floor, what does Ruth ask Teddy?
2. What comparison does Ruth use in her discussion with Lenny after Teddy has been mocked by Lenny?
3. When Max sees Ruth for the first time, what does he ask Teddy?
4. After Max criticizes Sam about his contributions to the family, what does Sam suggest that Max do?
5. Which two characters have been out working when the play begins but come home before Ruth and Teddy arrive?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)