|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth tell Lenny about her life before she married Teddy?
(a) She says she used to think she would never marry.
(b) She says she was a school teacher.
(c) She says she used to always go out in the evenings.
(d) She says she was a photographic model.
2. After Ruth tells Lenny where she was born, where does Max tell Joey he needs to go?
(a) To the market
(b) To the football game
(c) To school
(d) To the gym
3. What kind of response does Max get from the family to his question about the surprising appearance of his son and a woman Max does not know, suddenly standing in his living room?
(a) Joey leaves.
(b) Everyone starts talking at once.
(c) Lenny apologizes.
(d) No one says anything.
4. According to Max, when his father was dying, what did he tell Max to do?
(a) He told Max to sell the house.
(b) He told Max where to find money he had hidden.
(c) He told Max to take care of his brothers.
(d) He told Max not to let Sam get away with anything.
5. After chastising Teddy for bringing Ruth into his house, who does Max ask to throw Ruth and Teddy out?
(d) The neighbor
6. How many women appear onstage in the play?
7. When trying to convince her to go home with him, what does Teddy remind Ruth of?
(a) He talks about taking a new trip.
(b) He tells her about his childhood.
(c) He says she is making a poor impression on his family.
(d) He reminds her about her sons.
8. What happens to the person who tries to help Joey after Max has hit him in the stomach?
(a) He trips over the broken clock.
(b) Max tells him to get out
(c) He is congratulated by the other family members.
(d) Max hits him on the head with his cane.
9. When Max asks Teddy if he wants to cuddle and kiss his father, what does Max tell the rest of the family about Teddy?
(a) Max says that Teddy is smart.
(b) Max says that Teddy is going to stay a long time.
(c) Max says that Teddy and Ruth are not actually married.
(d) Max says that Teddy still loves his father.
10. As Lenny joins the conversation that Ruth, Lenny, and Teddy have been engaged in after lunch, what subject does Lenny ask Teddy about?
(a) Lenny asks Teddy why it's taken him so long to visit.
(b) Lenny asks if Teddy makes enough money to support his family.
(c) Lenny asks if Teddy is a good father.
(d) Lenny asks a question about being a doctor of philosophy.
11. Who does Sam say was a hard worker and a fast learner?
(a) Himself (Max)
12. What does Sam do before he leaves for work after lunch?
(a) Sam tells Teddy a secret.
(b) Sam washes the breakfast dishes.
(c) Sam tries to get Max to apologize.
(d) Sam shakes Ruth's hand.
13. What do Sam, Teddy. Joey, and Lenny do after Max physically abuses Sam?
(a) Everyone is still.
(b) Everyone places blame where they think it is due.
(c) Everyone leaves the room.
(d) Everyone looks at Ruth.
14. When Max hits Joey in the stomach because Joey doesn't obey him, who moves to help Joey?
15. Ruth reveals to Lenny that she was born where?
(b) In France
(c) In America
(d) In Australia
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ruth's response when Teddy asks her to go home?
2. When Lenny re-enters the room after Teddy and Ruth have had their private discussion, what kind of small talk does Ruth engage in with Lenny?
3. When Max sees Ruth for the first time, what does he ask Teddy?
4. After his collapse, Max talks with Ruth about her children and then asks Teddy to do what?
5. After he reminisces, what does Max ask Sam?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)