|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Max is questioning Teddy about when he plans to leave, how does Lenny interact with Ruth?
(a) He helps her open the window.
(b) He gives her a gift.
(c) He brings her a sandwich.
(d) He strokes Ruth's hair.
2. What do Sam, Teddy. Joey, and Lenny do after Max physically abuses Sam?
(a) Everyone is still.
(b) Everyone leaves the room.
(c) Everyone looks at Ruth.
(d) Everyone places blame where they think it is due.
3. After he reminisces, what does Max ask Sam?
(a) Max asks Sam to wash the breakfast dishes.
(b) Max asks Sam to give him a few bucks.
(c) Max asks Sam when he's going to work.
(d) Max asks Sam to stop whistling.
4. Why does Max collapse after he verbally abuses Ruth for the first time?
(a) Max collapses when he sees he is cut badly.
(b) Max collapses from grief.
(c) Max collapses from his heart ailment.
(d) Max collapses from the exertion of hitting Joey.
5. What does Sam do before he leaves for work after lunch?
(a) Sam tries to get Max to apologize.
(b) Sam washes the breakfast dishes.
(c) Sam tells Teddy a secret.
(d) Sam shakes Ruth's hand.
6. After Max recovers from his collapse, what does he ask Ruth?
(a) Max asks Ruth if she plans to leave soon.
(b) Max asks Ruth why she got involved with Teddy.
(c) Max asks Ruth if she is a mother.
(d) Max asks Ruth to get him an ice bag.
7. Which of the following characters has been discussed but has never appeared on stage?
8. After Max criticizes Sam about his contributions to the family, what does Sam suggest that Max do?
(a) Sam suggests they all go to a football game.
(b) Sam suggests that Max finish washing the dishes.
(c) Sam suggests they wake everyone up.
(d) Sam suggests that Max get over his resentment.
9. When Max asks Teddy if he wants to cuddle and kiss his father, what does Max tell the rest of the family about Teddy?
(a) Max says that Teddy still loves his father.
(b) Max says that Teddy and Ruth are not actually married.
(c) Max says that Teddy is going to stay a long time.
(d) Max says that Teddy is smart.
10. What does Ruth tell Lenny about her life before she married Teddy?
(a) She says she was a school teacher.
(b) She says she was a photographic model.
(c) She says she used to think she would never marry.
(d) She says she used to always go out in the evenings.
11. After chastising Teddy for bringing Ruth into his house, who does Max ask to throw Ruth and Teddy out?
(a) The neighbor
12. When Sam comes in from the kitchen, what emotion of Sam's does Max say he doesn't understand?
13. What is the nature of the family business?
14. When Max and Joey leave after the conversation between Lenny and Ruth, who goes with them?
15. What kind of response does Max get from the family to his question about the surprising appearance of his son and a woman Max does not know, suddenly standing in his living room?
(a) No one says anything.
(b) Lenny apologizes.
(c) Joey leaves.
(d) Everyone starts talking at once.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth say Teddy was nervous about before they came to the family home for this visit?
2. What happens to the person who tries to help Joey after Max has hit him in the stomach?
3. After lunch, Max abruptly turns his attention from reminiscing to Sam. Who does he compare Sam to?
4. What comparison does Ruth use in her discussion with Lenny after Teddy has been mocked by Lenny?
5. When Sam comes in from the kitchen, what does Max accuse Sam of doing?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)