|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sam, Teddy. Joey, and Lenny do after Max physically abuses Sam?
(a) Everyone looks at Ruth.
(b) Everyone is still.
(c) Everyone leaves the room.
(d) Everyone places blame where they think it is due.
2. What happens to the person who tries to help Joey after Max has hit him in the stomach?
(a) He trips over the broken clock.
(b) He is congratulated by the other family members.
(c) Max hits him on the head with his cane.
(d) Max tells him to get out
3. When Teddy comes downstairs after his father and brothers have come home from the gym, what does Max ask him?
(a) If he's leaving soon
(b) If he's going to pay rent on the room he's using
(c) If he will put out the fire in the fireplace
(d) If he is going to fight his brothers
4. Just after Teddy comes downstairs on the afternoon of their second day at the house, what do Lenny and Ruth do as Teddy watches?
(a) They slow dance and kiss.
(b) They go into the kitchen together.
(c) They light a fire in the fireplace.
(d) They look at photos together.
5. When Sam comes in from the kitchen, what does Max accuse Sam of doing?
(a) Taking other people's sides
(b) Forgetting to pick up the groceries
(c) Breaking the radio
(d) Making noise out of resentment
6. When Teddy comes downstairs while Ruth and Lenny are talking together, what does Lenny do?
(a) He turns on the radio.
(b) He tells Teddy not to interrupt their conversation.
(c) He picks up the newspaper and begins reading.
(d) He asks Teddy to stay for a few more days.
7. After Ruth tells Lenny where she was born, where does Max tell Joey he needs to go?
(a) To the market
(b) To school
(c) To the football game
(d) To the gym
8. When Max asks Teddy if he wants to cuddle and kiss his father, what does Max tell the rest of the family about Teddy?
(a) Max says that Teddy still loves his father.
(b) Max says that Teddy and Ruth are not actually married.
(c) Max says that Teddy is smart.
(d) Max says that Teddy is going to stay a long time.
9. On the morning after Teddy and Ruth's arrival, what does Max invite Joey to do in the afternoon?
(a) Go to a football game.
(b) Go to the horse races.
(c) Go to a movie.
(d) Drive to the ocean.
10. Just before the end of Act Two, Scene 1, What does Teddy give a long speech about?
(a) How families shouldn't argue
(b) How his mother would be proud of him
(c) How important his works are
(d) Why he needs to leave
11. In reminiscing after lunch, what does Max refer to Jessie as?
(a) A tigress
(b) A tart
(c) An angel
(d) A "slutbitch of a wife"
12. After chastising Teddy for bringing Ruth into his house, who does Max ask to throw Ruth and Teddy out?
(a) The neighbor
13. As the men compliment Ruth after lunch, what is Max reminiscing about?
(a) His days as a football player
(b) His childhood
(c) His wife
(d) His days at the horse track
14. What kind of response does Max get from the family to his question about the surprising appearance of his son and a woman Max does not know, suddenly standing in his living room?
(a) Lenny apologizes.
(b) No one says anything.
(c) Joey leaves.
(d) Everyone starts talking at once.
15. After she has gotten up off the floor, what does Ruth ask Teddy?
(a) If they're going to leave soon
(b) If his family always argues this much
(c) If he remembers his mother
(d) If the family has read any of his work
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sam doing in the kitchen during Max's and Joey's discussion about going out together?
2. Why does Max collapse after he verbally abuses Ruth for the first time?
3. What is Ruth's response when Teddy asks her to go home?
4. While Max is questioning Teddy about when he plans to leave, how does Lenny interact with Ruth?
5. What does Sam do when Max collapses after verbally abusing Ruth?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)