|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Just before the end of Act Two, Scene 1, What does Teddy give a long speech about?
(a) How important his works are
(b) How his mother would be proud of him
(c) How families shouldn't argue
(d) Why he needs to leave
2. What happens to the person who tries to help Joey after Max has hit him in the stomach?
(a) He is congratulated by the other family members.
(b) He trips over the broken clock.
(c) Max tells him to get out
(d) Max hits him on the head with his cane.
3. In reminiscing after lunch, what does Max refer to Jessie as?
(a) A tart
(b) A "slutbitch of a wife"
(c) An angel
(d) A tigress
4. Which two characters have been out working when the play begins but come home before Ruth and Teddy arrive?
(a) Max and Sam
(b) Lenny and Sam
(c) Joey and Sam
(d) Joey and Max
5. After Sam leaves for work, what comment does Max make to Teddy about his wedding?
(a) Max said he would have paid for it had he known it was a proper white wedding.
(b) Max says that they should have gotten married at his home.
(c) Max says that Teddy was too young to be married.
(d) Max says he is disappointed that he wasn't invited.
6. Ruth reveals to Lenny that she was born where?
(a) In Australia
(b) In France
(c) In America
7. When Sam comes in from the kitchen, what does Max accuse Sam of doing?
(a) Making noise out of resentment
(b) Breaking the radio
(c) Forgetting to pick up the groceries
(d) Taking other people's sides
8. What is the nature of the family business?
9. Who does Sam say was a hard worker and a fast learner?
(d) Himself (Max)
10. When Lenny re-enters the room after Teddy and Ruth have had their private discussion, what kind of small talk does Ruth engage in with Lenny?
(a) She talks about an article she read in the paper.
(b) She talks about how the living room is decorated.
(c) She talks about how the weather is changing.
(d) She talks about a certain kind of shoe she is fond of.
11. After the conversation with Ruth in which he asks her to go home with him, what does Teddy do?
(a) He goes out the front door.
(b) He goes upstairs to pack.
(c) He slaps her before going into the kitchen.
(d) He goes to look for his father.
12. What does Sam do before he leaves for work after lunch?
(a) Sam tells Teddy a secret.
(b) Sam tries to get Max to apologize.
(c) Sam shakes Ruth's hand.
(d) Sam washes the breakfast dishes.
13. What does Ruth tell Lenny about her life before she married Teddy?
(a) She says she was a photographic model.
(b) She says she was a school teacher.
(c) She says she used to always go out in the evenings.
(d) She says she used to think she would never marry.
14. Which of the following characters has been discussed but has never appeared on stage?
15. What does Joey say when Max tells him that he will have time to do what he needs to do and still be able to go with Max?
(a) Joey agrees to go.
(b) Joey ignores Max.
(c) Joey tells him to invite someone else.
(d) Joey still refuses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam do when Max collapses after verbally abusing Ruth?
2. After questioning Teddy , what does Max say about Ruth?
3. After Ruth tells Lenny where she was born, where does Max tell Joey he needs to go?
4. When Max realizes that Teddy and Ruth are not going to be thrown out of his house, what does Max do?
5. After his collapse, Max talks with Ruth about her children and then asks Teddy to do what?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)