|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ruth says she was different before she and Teddy were married, what does Teddy say.?
(a) Teddy says Ruth has become more affectionate since their wedding.
(b) Teddy says Ruth has become more patient since their wedding.
(c) Teddy says Ruth is exactly the same.
(d) Teddy says Ruth was too quiet before their marriage.
2. When Teddy comes downstairs after his father and brothers have come home from the gym, what does Max ask him?
(a) If he will put out the fire in the fireplace
(b) If he's leaving soon
(c) If he is going to fight his brothers
(d) If he's going to pay rent on the room he's using
3. According to Max, what made Sam a bad son?
(a) He never came to see his parents.
(b) He didn't help take care of his father when he was dying.
(c) He was useless in the family business.
(d) He stole money from his father.
4. Which of the following characters has been discussed but has never appeared on stage?
5. What does Max do to Sam when Sam tries to help Max after he collapses?
(a) Max hits Sam with his cane.
(b) Max yells out Sam's secret.
(c) Max throws a dish at Sam.
(d) Max punches Sam in the stomach.
6. While Max is questioning Teddy about when he plans to leave, how does Joey interact with Ruth?
(a) He lies on top of Ruth.
(b) He helps her light the fire.
(c) He pours her a drink.
(d) He shows her his watch.
7. What does Sam do when Max collapses after verbally abusing Ruth?
(a) Sam picks up the broken dishes.
(b) Sam goes to help Max.
(c) Sam yells at Joey.
(d) Sam goes out the door.
8. When Max asks Teddy if he wants to cuddle and kiss his father, what does Max tell the rest of the family about Teddy?
(a) Max says that Teddy is smart.
(b) Max says that Teddy and Ruth are not actually married.
(c) Max says that Teddy still loves his father.
(d) Max says that Teddy is going to stay a long time.
9. After lunch, Max abruptly turns his attention from reminiscing to Sam. Who does he compare Sam to?
(b) Himself (Max)
(d) A famous boxer
10. What is Ruth's response when Teddy asks her to go home?
(a) She shouts at him to leave her alone.
(b) She hugs him.
(c) She is non-committal and almost non-responsive.
(d) She tries to reason with him.
11. The first time Max meets Ruth, what doe Teddy tell Max about her?
(a) Teddy says that he is planning to just stay overnight.
(b) Teddy tells Max that he lives in New York.
(c) Teddy tells Max that Ruth is his wife.
(d) Teddy tells Max that Ruth is his girlfriend.
12. Ruth reveals to Lenny that she was born where?
(b) In America
(c) In France
(d) In Australia
13. What does Ruth tell Lenny about her life before she married Teddy?
(a) She says she was a school teacher.
(b) She says she used to think she would never marry.
(c) She says she was a photographic model.
(d) She says she used to always go out in the evenings.
14. While Max is questioning Teddy about when he plans to leave, how does Lenny interact with Ruth?
(a) He gives her a gift.
(b) He strokes Ruth's hair.
(c) He helps her open the window.
(d) He brings her a sandwich.
15. After questioning Teddy , what does Max say about Ruth?
(a) She is a good cook.
(b) She is lucky Teddy married her.
(c) She should leave.
(d) She is a woman of feeling.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Lenny joins the conversation that Ruth, Lenny, and Teddy have been engaged in after lunch, what subject does Lenny ask Teddy about?
2. Which character does Max refer to as a "maggot" and a "grub"?
3. How many children does Ruth have?
4. When Max sees Ruth for the first time, what does he ask Teddy?
5. What kind of response does Max get from the family to his question about the surprising appearance of his son and a woman Max does not know, suddenly standing in his living room?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)