|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Max, what made Sam a bad son?
(a) He didn't help take care of his father when he was dying.
(b) He stole money from his father.
(c) He was useless in the family business.
(d) He never came to see his parents.
2. In his long speech, what does Teddy call the members of his family?
3. What does Sam do before he leaves for work after lunch?
(a) Sam tells Teddy a secret.
(b) Sam washes the breakfast dishes.
(c) Sam tries to get Max to apologize.
(d) Sam shakes Ruth's hand.
4. Ruth reveals to Lenny that she was born where?
(a) In Australia
(b) In America
(c) In France
5. After Ruth tells Lenny where she was born, where does Max tell Joey he needs to go?
(a) To the football game
(b) To school
(c) To the gym
(d) To the market
6. After questioning Teddy , what does Max say about Ruth?
(a) She is a woman of feeling.
(b) She is lucky Teddy married her.
(c) She is a good cook.
(d) She should leave.
7. How many women appear onstage in the play?
8. Why does Max collapse after he verbally abuses Ruth for the first time?
(a) Max collapses from his heart ailment.
(b) Max collapses when he sees he is cut badly.
(c) Max collapses from grief.
(d) Max collapses from the exertion of hitting Joey.
9. To whom does Max compare Sam?
(c) Himself (Max)
10. What does Teddy tell Max about his life with Ruth?
(a) Teddy says they have a good home and a good life.
(b) Teddy says he and his wife argue about money.
(c) Teddy says every couple has problems.
(d) Teddy says it's hard having no relatives around.
11. Which character does Max refer to as a "maggot" and a "grub"?
12. What is Ruth's response when Teddy asks her to go home?
(a) She is non-committal and almost non-responsive.
(b) She shouts at him to leave her alone.
(c) She hugs him.
(d) She tries to reason with him.
13. While Max is questioning Teddy about when he plans to leave, how does Joey interact with Ruth?
(a) He lies on top of Ruth.
(b) He pours her a drink.
(c) He helps her light the fire.
(d) He shows her his watch.
14. What do Sam, Teddy. Joey, and Lenny do after Max physically abuses Sam?
(a) Everyone is still.
(b) Everyone places blame where they think it is due.
(c) Everyone looks at Ruth.
(d) Everyone leaves the room.
15. When Max and Joey leave after the conversation between Lenny and Ruth, who goes with them?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Max hits Joey in the stomach because Joey doesn't obey him, who moves to help Joey?
2. After he reminisces, what does Max ask Sam?
3. After Max criticizes Sam about his contributions to the family, what does Sam suggest that Max do?
4. In his long speech, what does Tedd say he won't do?
5. When Teddy comes downstairs after his father and brothers have come home from the gym, what does Max ask him?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)