|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Max realizes that Teddy and Ruth are not going to be thrown out of his house, what does Max do?
(a) Max hits Joey.
(b) Max throws a dish at the wall.
(c) Max tries to throw Ruth out the door.
(d) Max yells at Teddy.
2. When Teddy comes downstairs while Ruth and Lenny are talking together, what does Lenny do?
(a) He picks up the newspaper and begins reading.
(b) He tells Teddy not to interrupt their conversation.
(c) He asks Teddy to stay for a few more days.
(d) He turns on the radio.
3. What does Joey say when Max tells him that he will have time to do what he needs to do and still be able to go with Max?
(a) Joey tells him to invite someone else.
(b) Joey ignores Max.
(c) Joey still refuses.
(d) Joey agrees to go.
4. Who does Sam say was a hard worker and a fast learner?
(d) Himself (Max)
5. After his collapse, Max talks with Ruth about her children and then asks Teddy to do what?
(a) Max asks Teddy to take Ruth out of the house.
(b) Max asks Teddy to give the family some money.
(c) Max asks Teddy to stay for a few more days.
(d) Max asks Teddy if he wants to cuddle and kiss his father.
6. When Teddy and Ruth are left alone in the living room, how does he try to convince her to go home with him?
(a) He says she is making a poor impression on his family.
(b) He reminds her about her sons.
(c) He tells her that she could get her old job back.
(d) He tells her he wants to leave.
7. When Max asks Teddy if he wants to cuddle and kiss his father, what does Max tell the rest of the family about Teddy?
(a) Max says that Teddy and Ruth are not actually married.
(b) Max says that Teddy is going to stay a long time.
(c) Max says that Teddy still loves his father.
(d) Max says that Teddy is smart.
8. To whom does Max compare Sam?
(d) Himself (Max)
9. After Max recovers from his collapse, what does he ask Ruth?
(a) Max asks Ruth if she plans to leave soon.
(b) Max asks Ruth if she is a mother.
(c) Max asks Ruth why she got involved with Teddy.
(d) Max asks Ruth to get him an ice bag.
10. According to Max, when his father was dying, what did he tell Max to do?
(a) He told Max not to let Sam get away with anything.
(b) He told Max where to find money he had hidden.
(c) He told Max to sell the house.
(d) He told Max to take care of his brothers.
11. Ruth reveals to Lenny that she was born where?
(b) In Australia
(c) In America
(d) In France
12. On the morning after Teddy and Ruth's arrival, just before Max invites Joey to go out with him for the afternoon, what does Max complain about?
(a) Max complains that he is the only one bringing in any money.
(b) Max says he is not feeling well.
(c) Max complains about the noise last night.
(d) Max says he hates every room in the house.
13. After Ruth falls onto the floor, what does she ask for?
(a) Something to eat and drink
(b) Some understanding
(c) Help getting up
(d) An ice pack
14. What is Sam doing in the kitchen during Max's and Joey's discussion about going out together?
(a) Sam is talking to Lenny.
(b) Sam is washing the dishes.
(c) Sam is repairing the radio.
(d) Sam is chopping carrots.
15. How does Joey respond to Max's invitation to spend the afternoon with him?
(a) Joey says he has to do an errand for Sam.
(b) Joey says he has to repair the roof.
(c) Joey says he has to work on his car.
(d) Joey says he has to train.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Ruth tells Lenny where she was born, where does Max tell Joey he needs to go?
2. When Max hits Joey in the stomach because Joey doesn't obey him, who moves to help Joey?
3. What does Sam do before he leaves for work after lunch?
4. How many women appear onstage in the play?
5. When Sam comes in from the kitchen, what emotion of Sam's does Max say he doesn't understand?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)