|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lenny ask Ruth to do?
(a) Hold his hand
(b) Tour the house
(c) Go for a walk with him
(d) Share her dessert
2. What does Lenny give Ruth after Teddy goes upstairs?
(a) A glass of water
(b) A family photo
(d) Teddy's old books
3. What do Lenny and Max bicker about?
(a) Max's cooking
(b) Lenny's chores
(c) Paying for groceries
(d) The leaking roof
4. Before he comes home, where has Joey been?
(a) He has been applying for a job.
(b) He has been driving his cab.
(c) He has been working out.
(d) He has been out for a walk.
5. What do Lenny and Ruth argue about?
(a) Teddy's faithfulness
(b) Ruth's glass
(c) The family album
(d) Lenny's lies
6. Where does Ruth tell Lenny she and Teddy live?
7. Why does Max say that when Sam gets married, he should bring his bride home?
(a) Max will give her a family heirloom.
(b) She can cook for them.
(c) There will be a big party.
(d) Max will tell her the family's history.
8. What does Teddy take upstairs?
(a) His suitcases
(b) A snack
(c) An alarm clock
(d) An album of family photos
9. What complaint does Max have about his sons?
(a) Max says that his sons have no ambition.
(b) Max says that his sons always want him to take care of them.
(c) Max says that his sons are both unfriendly.
(d) Max says that his sons eat too much.
10. What does Ruth want to do by herself shortly after she and Teddy arrive at the family home?
(a) Ruth wants to eat something.
(b) Ruth wants to take a walk.
(c) Ruth wants to take a nap.
(d) Ruth wants to change her clothes.
11. What reason does Sam give for believing that he is the best at his job?
(a) He works harder than anyone else.
(b) He asks questions.
(c) He doesn't make mistakes.
(d) He doesn't take liberties.
12. What does Lenny say he did to the old woman instead of helping her?
(a) Gave her some money
(b) Laughed at her
(c) Got someone else to help her
(d) Hit her
13. How does Max taunt Joey?
(a) Max says Joey has no girlfriends.
(b) Max says Joey is overweight.
(c) Max says Joey has few skills for his sport.
(d) Max says Joey will never have a good job.
14. When Teddy and Ruth first arrive at the family home, what does Ruth say she is feeling?
(a) Very bored
(b) Very excited
(c) Very tired
(d) Very cold
15. Who told Lenny earlier that his father is going to get a surprise in the morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lenny say when Ruth asks how he knew the prostitute was diseased?
2. Abandoning his search for the scissors, Max lights a cigarette he has gotten from where?
3. What does Lenny want Max to tell him?
4. Where did the deed to the house come from?
5. What does Lenny say in response to Max's demand for an explanation of the noise that awoke him?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)