|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ruth tell Lenny she and Teddy live?
2. When he first appears in the play, Max enters the living room and is looking for a scissor for what reason?
(a) He needs to open a package.
(b) He plans to use them to threaten Lenny.
(c) He wants to cut something out of the paper.
(d) He wants to trim his hair.
3. Who has fond memories of a father who played with him and took good care of him?
4. Where did the deed to the house come from?
(a) It was a foreclosure.
(b) It was won in a poker game.
(c) It was an inheritance.
(d) Max bought the house as a young man.
5. What is Sam's job?
(a) Security guard
(b) Factory worker
6. What does Lenny ask Ruth to do?
(a) Go for a walk with him
(b) Share her dessert
(c) Hold his hand
(d) Tour the house
7. What does Teddy take upstairs?
(a) An album of family photos
(b) His suitcases
(c) A snack
(d) An alarm clock
8. How does Max respond to Lenny's question right after Max wakes up?
(a) Max reassures Lenny.
(b) Max tells Lenny to leave.
(c) Max hits Lenny with a cane.
(d) Max spits at Lenny.
9. What does Ruth want to do by herself shortly after she and Teddy arrive at the family home?
(a) Ruth wants to take a walk.
(b) Ruth wants to take a nap.
(c) Ruth wants to change her clothes.
(d) Ruth wants to eat something.
10. Before he comes home, where has Joey been?
(a) He has been out for a walk.
(b) He has been applying for a job.
(c) He has been working out.
(d) He has been driving his cab.
11. What does Max tell Lenny to stop?
(a) Beating up on his brother
(b) Complaining about his job.
(c) Calling him "Dad"
(d) Eating so much
12. Who told Lenny earlier that his father is going to get a surprise in the morning?
13. On what subject does Lenny ask Max for advice?
(a) Buying a used car
(b) Dating a girl
(c) Finding a new job
(d) Betting on a horse
14. After addressing Lenny's concern about not being able to sleep, who does Teddy ask Lenny about?
15. After Sam reminds Max that he took Jessie out in a limo because he was taking care of her, what does Max call Sam?
(a) A sheep in wolf's clothing
(b) A dirty thief
(c) A maggot and a grub
(d) A rotten cheat
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lenny and Ruth argue about?
2. Who was Jessie?
3. What occupation does Lenny tell Ruth he's always imagined for himself?
4. How long does Teddy tell Lenny he will be staying?
5. What does Lenny say he did to the old woman instead of helping her?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)