|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first time Max mentions a man named MacGregor, what does he say about him?
(a) MacGregor lives next door.
(b) He used to hang around with MacGregor.
(c) He went to prison.
(d) MacGregor was his best friend.
2. How long ago did Teddy move out of the family home?
(a) Many years
(b) A week
(c) Several days
(d) Several months
3. Shortly after his arrival at the family home, what does Teddy offer Ruth?
(a) Something to eat and drink
(b) Some old photographs
(c) Some family heirlooms
(d) Somewhere to change her clothes
4. When does Max say that Sam will be out of the house?
(a) When Lenny gets married
(b) When Sam retires
(c) When Max renovates the house
(d) When Max sells the property
5. What reason does Sam give for believing that he is the best at his job?
(a) He doesn't make mistakes.
(b) He works harder than anyone else.
(c) He asks questions.
(d) He doesn't take liberties.
6. When Teddy and Ruth first arrive at the family home, what does Ruth say she is feeling?
(a) Very bored
(b) Very cold
(c) Very excited
(d) Very tired
7. What is Sam's job?
(a) Security guard
(c) Factory worker
8. What does Max describe as "one flow of stinking pus after another?"
9. How long does Teddy tell Lenny he will be staying?
(b) As long as he needs to
(c) A few days
(d) A week
10. What reason does Max give for Sam having never married?
(a) He's never met the right woman.
(b) He hates women.
(c) He can't afford to get married.
(d) He's too busy having sex in the back seat.
11. How are Teddy and Ruth related to Max?
(a) Grandson and granddaughter
(b) Son and daughter
(c) Son and daughter-in-law
(d) Nephew and niece
12. Where does Ruth say she and Teddy have been vacationing?
13. What does Max want Sam to do when Joey goes upstairs?
(a) Max wants Sam to go upstairs.
(b) Max wants Sam to eat dinner with him.
(c) Max wants Sam to agree with about his criticism of Joey.
(d) Max wants Sam to drive him to the drugstore.
14. Where did Sam get some cigars?
(a) From a fellow worker with a new baby
(b) From a friend
(c) From a tobacco store
(d) From an American fare
15. What does Lenny ask Ruth to do?
(a) Go for a walk with him
(b) Hold his hand
(c) Share her dessert
(d) Tour the house
Short Answer Questions
1. When he first arrives home, what does Teddy find out about his room?
2. What does Lenny say in response to Max's demand for an explanation of the noise that awoke him?
3. In what sport does Joey participate?
4. What does Teddy reassure Ruth about?
5. When Max comes downstairs, what does he say woke him?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)