|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the play begins, Lenny is in the living room of the house where he lives with which two other people?
(a) His father and his uncle
(b) His father and his brother
(c) His two brothers
(d) His mother and his father
2. How are Teddy and Ruth related to Max?
(a) Son and daughter-in-law
(b) Nephew and niece
(c) Son and daughter
(d) Grandson and granddaughter
3. What does Lenny say when Ruth asks how he knew the prostitute was diseased?
(a) Lenny says a buddy told him the prostitute was diseased.
(b) Lenny says the prostitute told him she was diseased.
(c) Lenny says the prostitute's mother told him she was diseased.
(d) Lenny says he just decided she was diseased.
4. What does Lenny say in response to Max's demand for an explanation of the noise that awoke him?
(a) Lenny asks Max to loan him some money.
(b) Lenny blames the noise on Joey and his friends.
(c) Lenny asks Max about the night he was conceived.
(d) Lenny tells Max that Sam turned up the radio.
5. When Max comes downstairs, what does he say woke him?
(a) Lenny shouting at Ruth as she leaves.
(b) Joey and Lenny arguing
(c) Loud music coming from the radio
(d) Teddy and Ruth arguing
6. What does Sam say to Max about why Sam helped take care of Jessie?
(a) Sam tells Max he could afford to give Jessie money.
(b) Sam reminds Max that Jessie had trouble hearing.
(c) Sam says he helped Jessie because she was his sister.
(d) Sam reminds Max that he was the only one Max trusted with Jessie.
7. What is Sam's job?
(a) Security guard
(b) Factory worker
8. On what subject does Lenny ask Max for advice?
(a) Buying a used car
(b) Betting on a horse
(c) Dating a girl
(d) Finding a new job
9. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
10. What does Lenny want Max to tell him?
(a) If his parents were trying to have a baby or if his conception was an accident
(b) If he was going to inherit the house someday
(c) Why no one would ever loan him any money
(d) Why he gets blamed for everything that happens
11. Who told Lenny earlier that his father is going to get a surprise in the morning?
12. How long does Teddy tell Lenny he will be staying?
(b) A week
(c) A few days
(d) As long as he needs to
13. Shortly after his arrival at the family home, what does Teddy offer Ruth?
(a) Somewhere to change her clothes
(b) Some old photographs
(c) Some family heirlooms
(d) Something to eat and drink
14. Where does Ruth say she and Teddy have been vacationing?
15. What complaint does Max have about his sons?
(a) Max says that his sons eat too much.
(b) Max says that his sons are both unfriendly.
(c) Max says that his sons have no ambition.
(d) Max says that his sons always want him to take care of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lenny gets flustered, what does Ruth do?
2. How is Joey related to Sam?
3. Who is the only character left on stage at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
4. What does Lenny tell Ruth about a diseased prostitute?
5. Who has fond memories of a father who played with him and took good care of him?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)