|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he first appears in the play, Max enters the living room and is looking for a scissor for what reason?
(a) He wants to cut something out of the paper.
(b) He needs to open a package.
(c) He plans to use them to threaten Lenny.
(d) He wants to trim his hair.
2. After she finishes her water, where does Ruth go?
(a) Outside for a walk
(b) Outside on the front porch
(c) Into the kitchen
3. Who, instead of Max, does Lenny say he should have asked for an answer to a question that's been bothering him?
(a) His dead mother
(d) His father
4. When Max comes downstairs, what does he say woke him?
(a) Lenny shouting at Ruth as she leaves.
(b) Joey and Lenny arguing
(c) Loud music coming from the radio
(d) Teddy and Ruth arguing
5. What does Teddy reassure Ruth about?
(a) Meeting his family
(b) Their new car
(c) The thunderstorm
(d) Her appearance
6. Aside from Teddy's education, why does Lenny say he envies Teddy?
(a) The family favors Teddy.
(b) Teddy is rich.
(c) The girls have always liked Teddy.
(d) Teddy is sensitive.
7. In what sport does Joey participate?
8. Where does Lenny tell Ruth he thinks Teddy has been?
9. What does Teddy suggest to Ruth after they have been home awhile?
(a) Teddy suggests they change their clothes.
(b) Teddy suggests they light a fire.
(c) Teddy suggests they get something to eat.
(d) Teddy suggests they go to bed.
10. What does Max want Sam to do when Joey goes upstairs?
(a) Max wants Sam to agree with about his criticism of Joey.
(b) Max wants Sam to drive him to the drugstore.
(c) Max wants Sam to go upstairs.
(d) Max wants Sam to eat dinner with him.
11. Where did Sam get some cigars?
(a) From a friend
(b) From a fellow worker with a new baby
(c) From a tobacco store
(d) From an American fare
12. How long does Teddy tell Lenny he will be staying?
(a) A few days
(b) As long as he needs to
(d) A week
13. What does Lenny say Max used to always like doing?
(a) Singing with his sons.
(b) Taking his sons on outings.
(c) Tucking his sons into bed.
(d) Playing ball with his sons.
14. In which city does "The Homecoming" take place?
(b) New York
15. What occupation does Lenny tell Ruth he's always imagined for himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Teddy and Ruth related to Max?
2. Where does Ruth say she and Teddy have been vacationing?
3. What do Lenny and Max bicker about?
4. At the end of the first scene, what does Max reveal about MacGregor?
5. What did Lenny tell Ruth he had been asked to help an old woman with?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)