|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shortly after his arrival at the family home, what does Teddy offer Ruth?
(a) Something to eat and drink
(b) Some family heirlooms
(c) Somewhere to change her clothes
(d) Some old photographs
2. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
3. Who told Lenny earlier that his father is going to get a surprise in the morning?
4. What does Max tell Lenny to stop?
(a) Complaining about his job.
(b) Beating up on his brother
(c) Eating so much
(d) Calling him "Dad"
5. What does Lenny say Max used to always like doing?
(a) Tucking his sons into bed.
(b) Taking his sons on outings.
(c) Singing with his sons.
(d) Playing ball with his sons.
6. What does Ruth want to do by herself shortly after she and Teddy arrive at the family home?
(a) Ruth wants to take a walk.
(b) Ruth wants to eat something.
(c) Ruth wants to take a nap.
(d) Ruth wants to change her clothes.
7. Who, instead of Max, does Lenny say he should have asked for an answer to a question that's been bothering him?
(c) His father
(d) His dead mother
8. The first time Max mentions a man named MacGregor, what does he say about him?
(a) He went to prison.
(b) He used to hang around with MacGregor.
(c) MacGregor was his best friend.
(d) MacGregor lives next door.
9. What do Lenny and Ruth argue about?
(a) Ruth's glass
(b) The family album
(c) Lenny's lies
(d) Teddy's faithfulness
10. What does Teddy take upstairs?
(a) An alarm clock
(b) A snack
(c) An album of family photos
(d) His suitcases
11. When Lenny gets flustered, what does Ruth do?
(a) Ruth pats Lenny on the head.
(b) Ruth sits on Lenny's lap.
(c) Ruth laughs.
(d) Ruth apologizes.
12. What does Lenny tell Ruth about a diseased prostitute?
(a) Lenny says he was in love with her.
(b) Lenny says he took her to a hospital.
(c) Lenny says he nearly beat her to death.
(d) Lenny says he lectured her.
13. What reason does Max give for Sam having never married?
(a) He hates women.
(b) He's too busy having sex in the back seat.
(c) He can't afford to get married.
(d) He's never met the right woman.
14. On what subject does Lenny ask Max for advice?
(a) Dating a girl
(b) Buying a used car
(c) Finding a new job
(d) Betting on a horse
15. What does Max want Sam to do when Joey goes upstairs?
(a) Max wants Sam to drive him to the drugstore.
(b) Max wants Sam to go upstairs.
(c) Max wants Sam to agree with about his criticism of Joey.
(d) Max wants Sam to eat dinner with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did Teddy move out of the family home?
2. Before he comes home, where has Joey been?
3. When Teddy and Ruth first arrive at the family home, what does Ruth say she is feeling?
4. What does Lenny say he did to the old woman instead of helping her?
5. Aside from Teddy's education, why does Lenny say he envies Teddy?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)