|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, instead of Max, does Lenny say he should have asked for an answer to a question that's been bothering him?
(a) His dead mother
(c) His father
2. What did Lenny tell Ruth he had been asked to help an old woman with?
(a) An old-fashioned washing machine
(b) Finding her cat
(c) A dresser she needed moved
(d) Getting to the doctor
3. What does Max want Sam to do when Joey goes upstairs?
(a) Max wants Sam to drive him to the drugstore.
(b) Max wants Sam to go upstairs.
(c) Max wants Sam to eat dinner with him.
(d) Max wants Sam to agree with about his criticism of Joey.
4. How does Sam describe Jessie?
(a) He says she was unfriendly.
(b) He says she was beautiful.
(c) He says she was a charming woman.
(d) He says she was always tired.
5. Shortly after his arrival at the family home, what does Teddy offer Ruth?
(a) Some old photographs
(b) Somewhere to change her clothes
(c) Something to eat and drink
(d) Some family heirlooms
6. After she finishes her water, where does Ruth go?
(b) Outside on the front porch
(c) Into the kitchen
(d) Outside for a walk
7. What does Lenny say he did to the old woman instead of helping her?
(a) Got someone else to help her
(b) Laughed at her
(c) Hit her
(d) Gave her some money
8. What do Lenny and Ruth argue about?
(a) Teddy's faithfulness
(b) Ruth's glass
(c) Lenny's lies
(d) The family album
9. What reason does Sam give for believing that he is the best at his job?
(a) He doesn't take liberties.
(b) He doesn't make mistakes.
(c) He asks questions.
(d) He works harder than anyone else.
10. What does Ruth want to do by herself shortly after she and Teddy arrive at the family home?
(a) Ruth wants to eat something.
(b) Ruth wants to change her clothes.
(c) Ruth wants to take a walk.
(d) Ruth wants to take a nap.
11. What does Teddy take upstairs?
(a) His suitcases
(b) An album of family photos
(c) A snack
(d) An alarm clock
12. What does Lenny give Ruth after Teddy goes upstairs?
(a) A family photo
(b) Teddy's old books
(c) A glass of water
13. Abandoning his search for the scissors, Max lights a cigarette he has gotten from where?
(a) From Lenny's jacket
(b) From his pocket
(c) From the desk
(d) From the ashtray
14. What complaint does Max have about his sons?
(a) Max says that his sons eat too much.
(b) Max says that his sons have no ambition.
(c) Max says that his sons always want him to take care of them.
(d) Max says that his sons are both unfriendly.
15. How long does Teddy tell Lenny he will be staying?
(a) A few days
(b) A week
(d) As long as he needs to
Short Answer Questions
1. After addressing Lenny's concern about not being able to sleep, who does Teddy ask Lenny about?
2. The first time Max mentions a man named MacGregor, what does he say about him?
3. When Max comes downstairs, what does he say woke him?
4. Aside from Teddy's education, why does Lenny say he envies Teddy?
5. What occupation does Lenny tell Ruth he's always imagined for himself?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)