|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Joey related to Sam?
(a) Sam and Joey are brothers.
(b) Sam and Joey are cousins.
(c) Sam is Joey's father.
(d) Sam is Joey's uncle.
2. What does Max say he could instinctively know?
(a) Whether or not a female horse would go the distance
(b) Whether or not an employer would hire him
(c) Whether or not a girl would go out with him
(d) Whether or not a used car had been in an accident
3. What reason does Max give for Sam having never married?
(a) He hates women.
(b) He can't afford to get married.
(c) He's never met the right woman.
(d) He's too busy having sex in the back seat.
4. Who, instead of Max, does Lenny say he should have asked for an answer to a question that's been bothering him?
(b) His dead mother
(d) His father
5. What does Lenny ask Ruth to do?
(a) Hold his hand
(b) Go for a walk with him
(c) Share her dessert
(d) Tour the house
6. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
7. Who has fond memories of a father who played with him and took good care of him?
8. What does Lenny give Ruth after Teddy goes upstairs?
(a) Teddy's old books
(b) A glass of water
(c) A family photo
9. As the play begins, Lenny is in the living room of the house where he lives with which two other people?
(a) His father and his brother
(b) His mother and his father
(c) His father and his uncle
(d) His two brothers
10. Where does Lenny tell Ruth he thinks Teddy has been?
11. What does Lenny say in response to Max's demand for an explanation of the noise that awoke him?
(a) Lenny asks Max about the night he was conceived.
(b) Lenny tells Max that Sam turned up the radio.
(c) Lenny asks Max to loan him some money.
(d) Lenny blames the noise on Joey and his friends.
12. When does Max say that Sam will be out of the house?
(a) When Max renovates the house
(b) When Lenny gets married
(c) When Max sells the property
(d) When Sam retires
13. What do Lenny and Ruth argue about?
(a) The family album
(b) Lenny's lies
(c) Ruth's glass
(d) Teddy's faithfulness
14. Where did the deed to the house come from?
(a) It was won in a poker game.
(b) It was a foreclosure.
(c) Max bought the house as a young man.
(d) It was an inheritance.
15. What does Sam say to Max about why Sam helped take care of Jessie?
(a) Sam reminds Max that he was the only one Max trusted with Jessie.
(b) Sam reminds Max that Jessie had trouble hearing.
(c) Sam tells Max he could afford to give Jessie money.
(d) Sam says he helped Jessie because she was his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teddy suggest to Ruth after they have been home awhile?
2. What does Max describe as "one flow of stinking pus after another?"
3. On what subject does Lenny ask Max for advice?
4. What does Ruth dare Lenny to do?
5. What reason does Sam give for believing that he is the best at his job?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)