|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lenny give Ruth after Teddy goes upstairs?
(a) A glass of water
(c) A family photo
(d) Teddy's old books
2. After Sam reminds Max that he took Jessie out in a limo because he was taking care of her, what does Max call Sam?
(a) A rotten cheat
(b) A dirty thief
(c) A sheep in wolf's clothing
(d) A maggot and a grub
3. Who is the only character left on stage at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
4. When he first appears in the play, Max enters the living room and is looking for a scissor for what reason?
(a) He needs to open a package.
(b) He wants to trim his hair.
(c) He wants to cut something out of the paper.
(d) He plans to use them to threaten Lenny.
5. What is Sam's job?
(b) Security guard
(d) Factory worker
6. Who told Lenny earlier that his father is going to get a surprise in the morning?
7. Who, instead of Max, does Lenny say he should have asked for an answer to a question that's been bothering him?
(c) His father
(d) His dead mother
8. How long does Teddy tell Lenny he will be staying?
(b) As long as he needs to
(c) A few days
(d) A week
9. Who was Jessie?
(a) A former neighbor
(b) Sam and Max's sister
(c) Lenny's wife
(d) Max's wife
10. When Lenny comes downstairs, what reason does he give for not being able to sleep?
(a) Lenny says he is having nightmares.
(b) Lenny says he is too worried to sleep.
(c) Lenny says it is too cold in his room.
(d) Lenny says there is something ticking that is keeping him awake.
11. What does Ruth call Lenny?
(c) Mr. Mean
(d) Little Baby
12. What do Lenny and Max bicker about?
(a) Paying for groceries
(b) Max's cooking
(c) Lenny's chores
(d) The leaking roof
13. What does Ruth want to do by herself shortly after she and Teddy arrive at the family home?
(a) Ruth wants to eat something.
(b) Ruth wants to take a walk.
(c) Ruth wants to take a nap.
(d) Ruth wants to change her clothes.
14. What does Ruth dare Lenny to do?
(a) Sit on her lap and take a sip from a glass.
(b) Tell her a secret.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Wake everyone up.
15. What does Lenny say he did to the old woman instead of helping her?
(a) Hit her
(b) Laughed at her
(c) Got someone else to help her
(d) Gave her some money
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sam get some cigars?
2. What reason does Max give for Sam having never married?
3. What does Sam say about Max wanting him out of the house?
4. What did Lenny tell Ruth he had been asked to help an old woman with?
5. What do Lenny and Ruth argue about?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)