|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does Lenny tell Ruth he's always imagined for himself?
2. When he first arrives home, what does Teddy find out about his room?
(a) His room is being rented out.
(b) Lenny has moved into his room.
(c) Max is using his room as a storage area.
(d) His room is still the same.
3. What do Lenny and Max bicker about?
(a) Paying for groceries
(b) Max's cooking
(c) Lenny's chores
(d) The leaking roof
4. Abandoning his search for the scissors, Max lights a cigarette he has gotten from where?
(a) From the ashtray
(b) From the desk
(c) From Lenny's jacket
(d) From his pocket
5. How long does Teddy tell Lenny he will be staying?
(a) A week
(b) As long as he needs to
(d) A few days
6. How is Joey related to Max?
(a) Max and Joey are brothers.
(b) Max is Joey's father.
(c) Max is Joey's uncle.
(d) Max and Joey are cousins.
7. How does Max respond to Lenny's question right after Max wakes up?
(a) Max spits at Lenny.
(b) Max hits Lenny with a cane.
(c) Max tells Lenny to leave.
(d) Max reassures Lenny.
8. Who, instead of Max, does Lenny say he should have asked for an answer to a question that's been bothering him?
(b) His father
(c) His dead mother
9. In what sport does Joey participate?
10. After Sam reminds Max that he took Jessie out in a limo because he was taking care of her, what does Max call Sam?
(a) A maggot and a grub
(b) A dirty thief
(c) A rotten cheat
(d) A sheep in wolf's clothing
11. What does Max tell Lenny to stop?
(a) Calling him "Dad"
(b) Beating up on his brother
(c) Eating so much
(d) Complaining about his job.
12. When Lenny gets flustered, what does Ruth do?
(a) Ruth pats Lenny on the head.
(b) Ruth sits on Lenny's lap.
(c) Ruth apologizes.
(d) Ruth laughs.
13. Where did the deed to the house come from?
(a) It was an inheritance.
(b) It was a foreclosure.
(c) It was won in a poker game.
(d) Max bought the house as a young man.
14. What does Ruth call Lenny?
(a) Little Baby
(c) Mr. Mean
15. What complaint does Max have about his sons?
(a) Max says that his sons have no ambition.
(b) Max says that his sons eat too much.
(c) Max says that his sons always want him to take care of them.
(d) Max says that his sons are both unfriendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the first scene, what does Max reveal about MacGregor?
2. Where did Sam get some cigars?
3. In his first appearance in the play, Joey comes home and immediately asks a question about what?
4. What reason does Sam give for believing that he is the best at his job?
5. What does Sam say to Max about why Sam helped take care of Jessie?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)