|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did Teddy move out of the family home?
(a) Several days
(b) Many years
(c) Several months
(d) A week
2. Where does Ruth say she and Teddy have been vacationing?
3. What does Teddy suggest to Ruth after they have been home awhile?
(a) Teddy suggests they change their clothes.
(b) Teddy suggests they get something to eat.
(c) Teddy suggests they go to bed.
(d) Teddy suggests they light a fire.
4. When Max comes downstairs, what does he say woke him?
(a) Lenny shouting at Ruth as she leaves.
(b) Joey and Lenny arguing
(c) Teddy and Ruth arguing
(d) Loud music coming from the radio
5. Aside from Teddy's education, why does Lenny say he envies Teddy?
(a) Teddy is rich.
(b) The girls have always liked Teddy.
(c) The family favors Teddy.
(d) Teddy is sensitive.
6. Where did Sam get some cigars?
(a) From a tobacco store
(b) From an American fare
(c) From a fellow worker with a new baby
(d) From a friend
7. What does Lenny say when Ruth asks how he knew the prostitute was diseased?
(a) Lenny says the prostitute told him she was diseased.
(b) Lenny says the prostitute's mother told him she was diseased.
(c) Lenny says a buddy told him the prostitute was diseased.
(d) Lenny says he just decided she was diseased.
8. When Lenny comes downstairs, what reason does he give for not being able to sleep?
(a) Lenny says he is too worried to sleep.
(b) Lenny says he is having nightmares.
(c) Lenny says it is too cold in his room.
(d) Lenny says there is something ticking that is keeping him awake.
9. What does Lenny say in response to Max's demand for an explanation of the noise that awoke him?
(a) Lenny asks Max to loan him some money.
(b) Lenny tells Max that Sam turned up the radio.
(c) Lenny asks Max about the night he was conceived.
(d) Lenny blames the noise on Joey and his friends.
10. After addressing Lenny's concern about not being able to sleep, who does Teddy ask Lenny about?
11. When Teddy and Ruth first arrive at the family home, what does Ruth say she is feeling?
(a) Very cold
(b) Very excited
(c) Very bored
(d) Very tired
12. How does Max respond to Lenny's question right after Max wakes up?
(a) Max reassures Lenny.
(b) Max spits at Lenny.
(c) Max hits Lenny with a cane.
(d) Max tells Lenny to leave.
13. Where does Lenny tell Ruth he thinks Teddy has been?
14. After she finishes her water, where does Ruth go?
(a) Into the kitchen
(c) Outside for a walk
(d) Outside on the front porch
15. How does Sam describe Jessie?
(a) He says she was unfriendly.
(b) He says she was always tired.
(c) He says she was beautiful.
(d) He says she was a charming woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sam's job?
2. What does Max describe as "one flow of stinking pus after another?"
3. What does Lenny give Ruth after Teddy goes upstairs?
4. After Sam reminds Max that he took Jessie out in a limo because he was taking care of her, what does Max call Sam?
5. Who has fond memories of a father who played with him and took good care of him?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)