|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After addressing Lenny's concern about not being able to sleep, who does Teddy ask Lenny about?
2. Where does Ruth tell Lenny she and Teddy live?
3. How does Max respond to Lenny's question right after Max wakes up?
(a) Max reassures Lenny.
(b) Max spits at Lenny.
(c) Max hits Lenny with a cane.
(d) Max tells Lenny to leave.
4. When he first arrives home, what does Teddy find out about his room?
(a) Max is using his room as a storage area.
(b) His room is being rented out.
(c) Lenny has moved into his room.
(d) His room is still the same.
5. What do Lenny and Max bicker about?
(a) Lenny's chores
(b) Paying for groceries
(c) Max's cooking
(d) The leaking roof
6. How does Max taunt Joey?
(a) Max says Joey has no girlfriends.
(b) Max says Joey will never have a good job.
(c) Max says Joey is overweight.
(d) Max says Joey has few skills for his sport.
7. When Lenny comes downstairs, what reason does he give for not being able to sleep?
(a) Lenny says he is having nightmares.
(b) Lenny says he is too worried to sleep.
(c) Lenny says there is something ticking that is keeping him awake.
(d) Lenny says it is too cold in his room.
8. What does Lenny say he did to the old woman instead of helping her?
(a) Got someone else to help her
(b) Laughed at her
(c) Gave her some money
(d) Hit her
9. What does Lenny say Max used to always like doing?
(a) Playing ball with his sons.
(b) Singing with his sons.
(c) Tucking his sons into bed.
(d) Taking his sons on outings.
10. Where does Lenny tell Ruth he thinks Teddy has been?
11. Who was Jessie?
(a) Max's wife
(b) Sam and Max's sister
(c) Lenny's wife
(d) A former neighbor
12. Where did Sam get some cigars?
(a) From a friend
(b) From an American fare
(c) From a fellow worker with a new baby
(d) From a tobacco store
13. When does Max say that Sam will be out of the house?
(a) When Lenny gets married
(b) When Max sells the property
(c) When Max renovates the house
(d) When Sam retires
14. What do Lenny and Ruth argue about?
(a) Lenny's lies
(b) Teddy's faithfulness
(c) Ruth's glass
(d) The family album
15. How does Sam describe Jessie?
(a) He says she was beautiful.
(b) He says she was a charming woman.
(c) He says she was unfriendly.
(d) He says she was always tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did Teddy move out of the family home?
2. Before he comes home, where has Joey been?
3. What does Teddy tell Ruth about the house?
4. What does Max say he could instinctively know?
5. How are Teddy and Ruth related to Max?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)