|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lenny and Max bicker about?
(a) The leaking roof
(b) Lenny's chores
(c) Paying for groceries
(d) Max's cooking
2. When Teddy and Ruth first arrive at the family home, what does Ruth say she is feeling?
(a) Very bored
(b) Very cold
(c) Very tired
(d) Very excited
3. What does Max describe as "one flow of stinking pus after another?"
4. The first time Max mentions a man named MacGregor, what does he say about him?
(a) MacGregor lives next door.
(b) He used to hang around with MacGregor.
(c) He went to prison.
(d) MacGregor was his best friend.
5. As they bicker, what does Max grab as if to hit Lenny?
(a) A baseball bat
(b) A lamp
(c) His cane
(d) His umbrella
6. How long does Teddy tell Lenny he will be staying?
(a) A week
(b) A few days
(d) As long as he needs to
7. Why does Max say that when Sam gets married, he should bring his bride home?
(a) Max will give her a family heirloom.
(b) Max will tell her the family's history.
(c) She can cook for them.
(d) There will be a big party.
8. When Max comes downstairs, what does he say woke him?
(a) Lenny shouting at Ruth as she leaves.
(b) Loud music coming from the radio
(c) Joey and Lenny arguing
(d) Teddy and Ruth arguing
9. What does Teddy suggest to Ruth after they have been home awhile?
(a) Teddy suggests they light a fire.
(b) Teddy suggests they go to bed.
(c) Teddy suggests they get something to eat.
(d) Teddy suggests they change their clothes.
10. How is Joey related to Sam?
(a) Sam is Joey's uncle.
(b) Sam is Joey's father.
(c) Sam and Joey are brothers.
(d) Sam and Joey are cousins.
11. After addressing Lenny's concern about not being able to sleep, who does Teddy ask Lenny about?
12. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
13. What does Sam say about Max wanting him out of the house?
(a) Sam says that Max would be lonesome.
(b) Sam says that he owns part of the house.
(c) Sam says that there will be no one to cook the meals.
(d) Sam says that Max is selfish.
14. What reason does Max give for Sam having never married?
(a) He's too busy having sex in the back seat.
(b) He can't afford to get married.
(c) He's never met the right woman.
(d) He hates women.
15. Where did the deed to the house come from?
(a) Max bought the house as a young man.
(b) It was an inheritance.
(c) It was a foreclosure.
(d) It was won in a poker game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max want Sam to do when Joey goes upstairs?
2. How are Teddy and Ruth related to Max?
3. In what sport does Joey participate?
4. How does Max taunt Joey?
5. What does Lenny tell Ruth about a diseased prostitute?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)