|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lenny gets flustered, what does Ruth do?
(a) Ruth apologizes.
(b) Ruth laughs.
(c) Ruth sits on Lenny's lap.
(d) Ruth pats Lenny on the head.
2. Where did the deed to the house come from?
(a) Max bought the house as a young man.
(b) It was a foreclosure.
(c) It was won in a poker game.
(d) It was an inheritance.
3. How is Joey related to Sam?
(a) Sam and Joey are brothers.
(b) Sam and Joey are cousins.
(c) Sam is Joey's father.
(d) Sam is Joey's uncle.
4. What does Ruth call Lenny?
(a) Mr. Mean
(c) Little Baby
5. Aside from Teddy's education, why does Lenny say he envies Teddy?
(a) Teddy is sensitive.
(b) The family favors Teddy.
(c) Teddy is rich.
(d) The girls have always liked Teddy.
6. Where does Ruth say she and Teddy have been vacationing?
7. Who, instead of Max, does Lenny say he should have asked for an answer to a question that's been bothering him?
(b) His father
(d) His dead mother
8. Shortly after his arrival at the family home, what does Teddy offer Ruth?
(a) Something to eat and drink
(b) Somewhere to change her clothes
(c) Some family heirlooms
(d) Some old photographs
9. How does Sam describe Jessie?
(a) He says she was beautiful.
(b) He says she was unfriendly.
(c) He says she was always tired.
(d) He says she was a charming woman.
10. What does Max want Sam to do when Joey goes upstairs?
(a) Max wants Sam to eat dinner with him.
(b) Max wants Sam to drive him to the drugstore.
(c) Max wants Sam to agree with about his criticism of Joey.
(d) Max wants Sam to go upstairs.
11. Before he comes home, where has Joey been?
(a) He has been working out.
(b) He has been out for a walk.
(c) He has been driving his cab.
(d) He has been applying for a job.
12. What does Ruth want to do by herself shortly after she and Teddy arrive at the family home?
(a) Ruth wants to take a nap.
(b) Ruth wants to change her clothes.
(c) Ruth wants to eat something.
(d) Ruth wants to take a walk.
13. What does Lenny want Max to tell him?
(a) If his parents were trying to have a baby or if his conception was an accident
(b) If he was going to inherit the house someday
(c) Why no one would ever loan him any money
(d) Why he gets blamed for everything that happens
14. When Teddy and Ruth first arrive at the family home, what does Ruth say she is feeling?
(a) Very bored
(b) Very cold
(c) Very excited
(d) Very tired
15. What does Teddy suggest to Ruth after they have been home awhile?
(a) Teddy suggests they change their clothes.
(b) Teddy suggests they light a fire.
(c) Teddy suggests they go to bed.
(d) Teddy suggests they get something to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Max give for Sam having never married?
2. How does Max taunt Joey?
3. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
4. In which city does "The Homecoming" take place?
5. What does Teddy tell Ruth about the house?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)