|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lenny say Max used to always like doing?
(a) Playing ball with his sons.
(b) Taking his sons on outings.
(c) Tucking his sons into bed.
(d) Singing with his sons.
2. When Lenny comes downstairs, what reason does he give for not being able to sleep?
(a) Lenny says it is too cold in his room.
(b) Lenny says he is having nightmares.
(c) Lenny says he is too worried to sleep.
(d) Lenny says there is something ticking that is keeping him awake.
3. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
4. When Max comes downstairs, what does he say woke him?
(a) Joey and Lenny arguing
(b) Lenny shouting at Ruth as she leaves.
(c) Teddy and Ruth arguing
(d) Loud music coming from the radio
5. How does Max respond to Lenny's question right after Max wakes up?
(a) Max spits at Lenny.
(b) Max hits Lenny with a cane.
(c) Max tells Lenny to leave.
(d) Max reassures Lenny.
6. As they bicker, what does Max grab as if to hit Lenny?
(a) His cane
(b) His umbrella
(c) A lamp
(d) A baseball bat
7. What does Max describe as "one flow of stinking pus after another?"
8. What does Max tell Lenny to stop?
(a) Calling him "Dad"
(b) Complaining about his job.
(c) Eating so much
(d) Beating up on his brother
9. What does Lenny say when Ruth asks how he knew the prostitute was diseased?
(a) Lenny says a buddy told him the prostitute was diseased.
(b) Lenny says the prostitute's mother told him she was diseased.
(c) Lenny says he just decided she was diseased.
(d) Lenny says the prostitute told him she was diseased.
10. When Lenny gets flustered, what does Ruth do?
(a) Ruth apologizes.
(b) Ruth laughs.
(c) Ruth sits on Lenny's lap.
(d) Ruth pats Lenny on the head.
11. Shortly after his arrival at the family home, what does Teddy offer Ruth?
(a) Some old photographs
(b) Some family heirlooms
(c) Something to eat and drink
(d) Somewhere to change her clothes
12. On what subject does Lenny ask Max for advice?
(a) Buying a used car
(b) Finding a new job
(c) Dating a girl
(d) Betting on a horse
13. What does Lenny say he did to the old woman instead of helping her?
(a) Hit her
(b) Got someone else to help her
(c) Laughed at her
(d) Gave her some money
14. Where does Lenny tell Ruth he thinks Teddy has been?
15. Where does Ruth tell Lenny she and Teddy live?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teddy suggest to Ruth after they have been home awhile?
2. What is Sam's job?
3. What does Lenny tell Ruth about a diseased prostitute?
4. Where did the deed to the house come from?
5. What does Teddy take upstairs?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)