|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lenny say he did to the old woman instead of helping her?
(a) Got someone else to help her
(b) Laughed at her
(c) Gave her some money
(d) Hit her
2. When he first arrives home, what does Teddy find out about his room?
(a) His room is being rented out.
(b) Max is using his room as a storage area.
(c) Lenny has moved into his room.
(d) His room is still the same.
3. How are Teddy and Ruth related to Max?
(a) Son and daughter-in-law
(b) Grandson and granddaughter
(c) Son and daughter
(d) Nephew and niece
4. When he first appears in the play, Max enters the living room and is looking for a scissor for what reason?
(a) He plans to use them to threaten Lenny.
(b) He wants to trim his hair.
(c) He wants to cut something out of the paper.
(d) He needs to open a package.
5. Abandoning his search for the scissors, Max lights a cigarette he has gotten from where?
(a) From the ashtray
(b) From the desk
(c) From his pocket
(d) From Lenny's jacket
6. Who was Jessie?
(a) Lenny's wife
(b) A former neighbor
(c) Max's wife
(d) Sam and Max's sister
7. Why does Max say that when Sam gets married, he should bring his bride home?
(a) She can cook for them.
(b) Max will tell her the family's history.
(c) Max will give her a family heirloom.
(d) There will be a big party.
8. What does Lenny tell Ruth about a diseased prostitute?
(a) Lenny says he lectured her.
(b) Lenny says he nearly beat her to death.
(c) Lenny says he was in love with her.
(d) Lenny says he took her to a hospital.
9. How does Max taunt Joey?
(a) Max says Joey will never have a good job.
(b) Max says Joey is overweight.
(c) Max says Joey has few skills for his sport.
(d) Max says Joey has no girlfriends.
10. Where did the deed to the house come from?
(a) It was a foreclosure.
(b) It was won in a poker game.
(c) Max bought the house as a young man.
(d) It was an inheritance.
11. As the play begins, Lenny is in the living room of the house where he lives with which two other people?
(a) His father and his uncle
(b) His mother and his father
(c) His two brothers
(d) His father and his brother
12. In his first appearance in the play, Joey comes home and immediately asks a question about what?
(a) He wonders if the roof has been repaired.
(b) He asks if his brother is home.
(c) He wonders if there is any food.
(d) He asks where the newspaper is.
13. What reason does Max give for Sam having never married?
(a) He's never met the right woman.
(b) He hates women.
(c) He's too busy having sex in the back seat.
(d) He can't afford to get married.
14. Who has fond memories of a father who played with him and took good care of him?
15. What does Max say he could instinctively know?
(a) Whether or not a used car had been in an accident
(b) Whether or not an employer would hire him
(c) Whether or not a female horse would go the distance
(d) Whether or not a girl would go out with him
Short Answer Questions
1. After addressing Lenny's concern about not being able to sleep, who does Teddy ask Lenny about?
2. As they bicker, what does Max grab as if to hit Lenny?
3. After she finishes her water, where does Ruth go?
4. How long ago did Teddy move out of the family home?
5. What does Lenny want Max to tell him?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)