|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam brag about?
(a) Being the most requested security guard
(b) Being the best cook in the restaurant
(c) Being the best chauffeur in the firm
(d) Being the most productive worker in the factory
2. How does Max taunt Joey?
(a) Max says Joey has no girlfriends.
(b) Max says Joey will never have a good job.
(c) Max says Joey is overweight.
(d) Max says Joey has few skills for his sport.
3. How long ago did Teddy move out of the family home?
(a) A week
(b) Several months
(c) Many years
(d) Several days
4. What does Max tell Lenny to stop?
(a) Complaining about his job.
(b) Eating so much
(c) Beating up on his brother
(d) Calling him "Dad"
5. As the play begins, Lenny is in the living room of the house where he lives with which two other people?
(a) His father and his brother
(b) His father and his uncle
(c) His mother and his father
(d) His two brothers
6. After Sam reminds Max that he took Jessie out in a limo because he was taking care of her, what does Max call Sam?
(a) A sheep in wolf's clothing
(b) A dirty thief
(c) A rotten cheat
(d) A maggot and a grub
7. Who has fond memories of a father who played with him and took good care of him?
8. Who told Lenny earlier that his father is going to get a surprise in the morning?
9. Where did Sam get some cigars?
(a) From an American fare
(b) From a fellow worker with a new baby
(c) From a tobacco store
(d) From a friend
10. What does Lenny say he did to the old woman instead of helping her?
(a) Gave her some money
(b) Got someone else to help her
(c) Laughed at her
(d) Hit her
11. Who is the only character left on stage at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
12. On what subject does Lenny ask Max for advice?
(a) Betting on a horse
(b) Finding a new job
(c) Buying a used car
(d) Dating a girl
13. How does Sam describe Jessie?
(a) He says she was unfriendly.
(b) He says she was always tired.
(c) He says she was beautiful.
(d) He says she was a charming woman.
14. Where does Ruth say she and Teddy have been vacationing?
15. What do Lenny and Ruth argue about?
(a) Lenny's lies
(b) Ruth's glass
(c) The family album
(d) Teddy's faithfulness
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teddy reassure Ruth about?
2. How does Max respond to Lenny's question right after Max wakes up?
3. The first time Max mentions a man named MacGregor, what does he say about him?
4. What does Lenny say Max used to always like doing?
5. What does Sam say to Max about why Sam helped take care of Jessie?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)