|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Max give for Sam having never married?
(a) He's too busy having sex in the back seat.
(b) He's never met the right woman.
(c) He hates women.
(d) He can't afford to get married.
2. When he first arrives home, what does Teddy find out about his room?
(a) His room is being rented out.
(b) Lenny has moved into his room.
(c) Max is using his room as a storage area.
(d) His room is still the same.
3. In his first appearance in the play, Joey comes home and immediately asks a question about what?
(a) He wonders if the roof has been repaired.
(b) He wonders if there is any food.
(c) He asks if his brother is home.
(d) He asks where the newspaper is.
4. Aside from Teddy's education, why does Lenny say he envies Teddy?
(a) Teddy is rich.
(b) The family favors Teddy.
(c) The girls have always liked Teddy.
(d) Teddy is sensitive.
5. Who has fond memories of a father who played with him and took good care of him?
6. What does Sam say to Max about why Sam helped take care of Jessie?
(a) Sam reminds Max that Jessie had trouble hearing.
(b) Sam reminds Max that he was the only one Max trusted with Jessie.
(c) Sam tells Max he could afford to give Jessie money.
(d) Sam says he helped Jessie because she was his sister.
7. What does Ruth dare Lenny to do?
(a) Sit on her lap and take a sip from a glass.
(b) Tell her a secret.
(c) Wake everyone up.
(d) Kiss her.
8. How is Joey related to Max?
(a) Max and Joey are brothers.
(b) Max is Joey's father.
(c) Max and Joey are cousins.
(d) Max is Joey's uncle.
9. What does Sam say about Max wanting him out of the house?
(a) Sam says that Max would be lonesome.
(b) Sam says that there will be no one to cook the meals.
(c) Sam says that he owns part of the house.
(d) Sam says that Max is selfish.
10. Who told Lenny earlier that his father is going to get a surprise in the morning?
11. What complaint does Max have about his sons?
(a) Max says that his sons have no ambition.
(b) Max says that his sons always want him to take care of them.
(c) Max says that his sons are both unfriendly.
(d) Max says that his sons eat too much.
12. Shortly after his arrival at the family home, what does Teddy offer Ruth?
(a) Somewhere to change her clothes
(b) Some old photographs
(c) Some family heirlooms
(d) Something to eat and drink
13. What does Lenny ask Ruth to do?
(a) Tour the house
(b) Go for a walk with him
(c) Share her dessert
(d) Hold his hand
14. What does Teddy tell Ruth about the house?
(a) Teddy says he was born in the house.
(b) Teddy says that he has never liked the house.
(c) Teddy says the house is about to be sold.
(d) Teddy says that five generations have lived in the house.
15. What does Teddy reassure Ruth about?
(a) Meeting his family
(b) The thunderstorm
(c) Their new car
(d) Her appearance
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max say he could instinctively know?
2. What does Ruth call Lenny?
3. Where did the deed to the house come from?
4. Before he comes home, where has Joey been?
5. What does Teddy take upstairs?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)