|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lenny tell Ruth about a diseased prostitute?
(a) Lenny says he nearly beat her to death.
(b) Lenny says he lectured her.
(c) Lenny says he took her to a hospital.
(d) Lenny says he was in love with her.
2. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
3. Where does Ruth tell Lenny she and Teddy live?
4. When Lenny gets flustered, what does Ruth do?
(a) Ruth pats Lenny on the head.
(b) Ruth sits on Lenny's lap.
(c) Ruth laughs.
(d) Ruth apologizes.
5. How does Max taunt Joey?
(a) Max says Joey will never have a good job.
(b) Max says Joey has few skills for his sport.
(c) Max says Joey is overweight.
(d) Max says Joey has no girlfriends.
6. How does Sam describe Jessie?
(a) He says she was always tired.
(b) He says she was beautiful.
(c) He says she was a charming woman.
(d) He says she was unfriendly.
7. What does Lenny give Ruth after Teddy goes upstairs?
(a) Teddy's old books
(c) A family photo
(d) A glass of water
8. What does Lenny ask Ruth to do?
(a) Tour the house
(b) Share her dessert
(c) Hold his hand
(d) Go for a walk with him
9. Who was Jessie?
(a) Max's wife
(b) A former neighbor
(c) Lenny's wife
(d) Sam and Max's sister
10. In what sport does Joey participate?
11. On what subject does Lenny ask Max for advice?
(a) Buying a used car
(b) Betting on a horse
(c) Finding a new job
(d) Dating a girl
12. What do Lenny and Ruth argue about?
(a) Lenny's lies
(b) Ruth's glass
(c) Teddy's faithfulness
(d) The family album
13. What does Ruth want to do by herself shortly after she and Teddy arrive at the family home?
(a) Ruth wants to take a nap.
(b) Ruth wants to take a walk.
(c) Ruth wants to eat something.
(d) Ruth wants to change her clothes.
14. What do Lenny and Max bicker about?
(a) Paying for groceries
(b) Lenny's chores
(c) Max's cooking
(d) The leaking roof
15. Where did the deed to the house come from?
(a) It was an inheritance.
(b) It was won in a poker game.
(c) It was a foreclosure.
(d) Max bought the house as a young man.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Teddy and Ruth first arrive at the family home, what does Ruth say she is feeling?
2. What does Lenny say in response to Max's demand for an explanation of the noise that awoke him?
3. How does Max respond to Lenny's question right after Max wakes up?
4. After she finishes her water, where does Ruth go?
5. What does Teddy reassure Ruth about?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)