|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lenny and Max bicker about?
(a) Paying for groceries
(b) Lenny's chores
(c) The leaking roof
(d) Max's cooking
2. How does Sam describe Jessie?
(a) He says she was a charming woman.
(b) He says she was beautiful.
(c) He says she was unfriendly.
(d) He says she was always tired.
3. When Max comes downstairs, what does he say woke him?
(a) Lenny shouting at Ruth as she leaves.
(b) Joey and Lenny arguing
(c) Loud music coming from the radio
(d) Teddy and Ruth arguing
4. Where does Lenny tell Ruth he thinks Teddy has been?
5. Who was Jessie?
(a) Lenny's wife
(b) Max's wife
(c) A former neighbor
(d) Sam and Max's sister
6. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
7. Who, instead of Max, does Lenny say he should have asked for an answer to a question that's been bothering him?
(c) His dead mother
(d) His father
8. After Sam reminds Max that he took Jessie out in a limo because he was taking care of her, what does Max call Sam?
(a) A rotten cheat
(b) A dirty thief
(c) A maggot and a grub
(d) A sheep in wolf's clothing
9. Where does Ruth say she and Teddy have been vacationing?
10. How long ago did Teddy move out of the family home?
(a) Many years
(b) Several months
(c) Several days
(d) A week
11. What does Lenny tell Ruth about a diseased prostitute?
(a) Lenny says he was in love with her.
(b) Lenny says he lectured her.
(c) Lenny says he took her to a hospital.
(d) Lenny says he nearly beat her to death.
12. What reason does Max give for Sam having never married?
(a) He's too busy having sex in the back seat.
(b) He's never met the right woman.
(c) He hates women.
(d) He can't afford to get married.
13. What does Lenny say when Ruth asks how he knew the prostitute was diseased?
(a) Lenny says the prostitute told him she was diseased.
(b) Lenny says the prostitute's mother told him she was diseased.
(c) Lenny says a buddy told him the prostitute was diseased.
(d) Lenny says he just decided she was diseased.
14. When Lenny comes downstairs, what reason does he give for not being able to sleep?
(a) Lenny says there is something ticking that is keeping him awake.
(b) Lenny says he is too worried to sleep.
(c) Lenny says he is having nightmares.
(d) Lenny says it is too cold in his room.
15. What does Lenny want Max to tell him?
(a) If he was going to inherit the house someday
(b) Why he gets blamed for everything that happens
(c) Why no one would ever loan him any money
(d) If his parents were trying to have a baby or if his conception was an accident
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sam's job?
2. How does Max respond to Lenny's question right after Max wakes up?
3. What does Max want Sam to do when Joey goes upstairs?
4. What does Ruth dare Lenny to do?
5. What complaint does Max have about his sons?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)