|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth dare Lenny to do?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Tell her a secret.
(c) Sit on her lap and take a sip from a glass.
(d) Wake everyone up.
2. What does Lenny give Ruth after Teddy goes upstairs?
(a) A family photo
(b) Teddy's old books
(c) A glass of water
3. What do Lenny and Ruth argue about?
(a) Ruth's glass
(b) Teddy's faithfulness
(c) Lenny's lies
(d) The family album
4. Aside from Teddy's education, why does Lenny say he envies Teddy?
(a) Teddy is rich.
(b) The girls have always liked Teddy.
(c) Teddy is sensitive.
(d) The family favors Teddy.
5. What does Sam say to Max about why Sam helped take care of Jessie?
(a) Sam says he helped Jessie because she was his sister.
(b) Sam tells Max he could afford to give Jessie money.
(c) Sam reminds Max that Jessie had trouble hearing.
(d) Sam reminds Max that he was the only one Max trusted with Jessie.
6. How is Joey related to Sam?
(a) Sam is Joey's father.
(b) Sam is Joey's uncle.
(c) Sam and Joey are brothers.
(d) Sam and Joey are cousins.
7. What does Ruth call Lenny?
(c) Little Baby
(d) Mr. Mean
8. After addressing Lenny's concern about not being able to sleep, who does Teddy ask Lenny about?
9. What does Teddy suggest to Ruth after they have been home awhile?
(a) Teddy suggests they change their clothes.
(b) Teddy suggests they light a fire.
(c) Teddy suggests they go to bed.
(d) Teddy suggests they get something to eat.
10. What does Max say he could instinctively know?
(a) Whether or not a female horse would go the distance
(b) Whether or not a girl would go out with him
(c) Whether or not an employer would hire him
(d) Whether or not a used car had been in an accident
11. What does Lenny say when Ruth asks how he knew the prostitute was diseased?
(a) Lenny says a buddy told him the prostitute was diseased.
(b) Lenny says he just decided she was diseased.
(c) Lenny says the prostitute told him she was diseased.
(d) Lenny says the prostitute's mother told him she was diseased.
12. As the play begins, Lenny is in the living room of the house where he lives with which two other people?
(a) His two brothers
(b) His father and his brother
(c) His father and his uncle
(d) His mother and his father
13. Where does Ruth say she and Teddy have been vacationing?
14. What does Teddy take upstairs?
(a) His suitcases
(b) An album of family photos
(c) A snack
(d) An alarm clock
15. At the end of the first scene, what does Max reveal about MacGregor?
(a) MacGregor was Max's football coach.
(b) MacGregor lived next door until he died.
(c) MacGregor tried to steal the deed to the house.
(d) MacGregor was Max's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sam's job?
2. When Lenny comes downstairs, what reason does he give for not being able to sleep?
3. Who, instead of Max, does Lenny say he should have asked for an answer to a question that's been bothering him?
4. In what sport does Joey participate?
5. What complaint does Max have about his sons?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)