|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaint does Max have about his sons?
(a) Max says that his sons always want him to take care of them.
(b) Max says that his sons eat too much.
(c) Max says that his sons have no ambition.
(d) Max says that his sons are both unfriendly.
2. What does Sam say about Max wanting him out of the house?
(a) Sam says that Max would be lonesome.
(b) Sam says that there will be no one to cook the meals.
(c) Sam says that Max is selfish.
(d) Sam says that he owns part of the house.
3. Why does Max say that when Sam gets married, he should bring his bride home?
(a) There will be a big party.
(b) Max will tell her the family's history.
(c) Max will give her a family heirloom.
(d) She can cook for them.
4. What reason does Sam give for believing that he is the best at his job?
(a) He doesn't make mistakes.
(b) He asks questions.
(c) He doesn't take liberties.
(d) He works harder than anyone else.
5. What did Lenny tell Ruth he had been asked to help an old woman with?
(a) Finding her cat
(b) A dresser she needed moved
(c) An old-fashioned washing machine
(d) Getting to the doctor
6. What does Teddy tell Ruth about the house?
(a) Teddy says that five generations have lived in the house.
(b) Teddy says the house is about to be sold.
(c) Teddy says he was born in the house.
(d) Teddy says that he has never liked the house.
7. What does Ruth dare Lenny to do?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Wake everyone up.
(c) Tell her a secret.
(d) Sit on her lap and take a sip from a glass.
8. How is Joey related to Max?
(a) Max and Joey are cousins.
(b) Max and Joey are brothers.
(c) Max is Joey's uncle.
(d) Max is Joey's father.
9. What does Max describe as "one flow of stinking pus after another?"
10. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
11. What does Teddy take upstairs?
(a) An album of family photos
(b) A snack
(c) An alarm clock
(d) His suitcases
12. What does Ruth want to do by herself shortly after she and Teddy arrive at the family home?
(a) Ruth wants to take a walk.
(b) Ruth wants to eat something.
(c) Ruth wants to change her clothes.
(d) Ruth wants to take a nap.
13. As they bicker, what does Max grab as if to hit Lenny?
(a) His cane
(b) His umbrella
(c) A lamp
(d) A baseball bat
14. After addressing Lenny's concern about not being able to sleep, who does Teddy ask Lenny about?
15. Who, instead of Max, does Lenny say he should have asked for an answer to a question that's been bothering him?
(a) His father
(c) His dead mother
Short Answer Questions
1. When he first arrives home, what does Teddy find out about his room?
2. What occupation does Lenny tell Ruth he's always imagined for himself?
3. When Lenny gets flustered, what does Ruth do?
4. How does Sam describe Jessie?
5. In what sport does Joey participate?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)