|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Joey related to Max?
(a) Max and Joey are brothers.
(b) Max and Joey are cousins.
(c) Max is Joey's uncle.
(d) Max is Joey's father.
2. When Lenny comes downstairs, what reason does he give for not being able to sleep?
(a) Lenny says it is too cold in his room.
(b) Lenny says he is having nightmares.
(c) Lenny says he is too worried to sleep.
(d) Lenny says there is something ticking that is keeping him awake.
3. Who, instead of Max, does Lenny say he should have asked for an answer to a question that's been bothering him?
(a) His dead mother
(b) His father
4. What does Max want Sam to do when Joey goes upstairs?
(a) Max wants Sam to drive him to the drugstore.
(b) Max wants Sam to agree with about his criticism of Joey.
(c) Max wants Sam to eat dinner with him.
(d) Max wants Sam to go upstairs.
5. Who was Jessie?
(a) Sam and Max's sister
(b) Lenny's wife
(c) Max's wife
(d) A former neighbor
6. What does Max describe as "one flow of stinking pus after another?"
7. Abandoning his search for the scissors, Max lights a cigarette he has gotten from where?
(a) From the ashtray
(b) From his pocket
(c) From Lenny's jacket
(d) From the desk
8. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
9. In his first appearance in the play, Joey comes home and immediately asks a question about what?
(a) He wonders if the roof has been repaired.
(b) He asks where the newspaper is.
(c) He asks if his brother is home.
(d) He wonders if there is any food.
10. When Max comes downstairs, what does he say woke him?
(a) Lenny shouting at Ruth as she leaves.
(b) Teddy and Ruth arguing
(c) Loud music coming from the radio
(d) Joey and Lenny arguing
11. Where does Lenny tell Ruth he thinks Teddy has been?
12. Shortly after his arrival at the family home, what does Teddy offer Ruth?
(a) Some family heirlooms
(b) Somewhere to change her clothes
(c) Some old photographs
(d) Something to eat and drink
13. What does Lenny ask Ruth to do?
(a) Share her dessert
(b) Hold his hand
(c) Go for a walk with him
(d) Tour the house
14. How are Teddy and Ruth related to Max?
(a) Son and daughter
(b) Nephew and niece
(c) Grandson and granddaughter
(d) Son and daughter-in-law
15. On what subject does Lenny ask Max for advice?
(a) Finding a new job
(b) Betting on a horse
(c) Buying a used car
(d) Dating a girl
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teddy reassure Ruth about?
2. What does Teddy take upstairs?
3. When does Max say that Sam will be out of the house?
4. What does Teddy suggest to Ruth after they have been home awhile?
5. What do Lenny and Ruth argue about?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)