|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After addressing Lenny's concern about not being able to sleep, who does Teddy ask Lenny about?
2. What does Max want Sam to do when Joey goes upstairs?
(a) Max wants Sam to go upstairs.
(b) Max wants Sam to drive him to the drugstore.
(c) Max wants Sam to agree with about his criticism of Joey.
(d) Max wants Sam to eat dinner with him.
3. What does Teddy reassure Ruth about?
(a) Meeting his family
(b) The thunderstorm
(c) Their new car
(d) Her appearance
4. What does Lenny want Max to tell him?
(a) Why no one would ever loan him any money
(b) If his parents were trying to have a baby or if his conception was an accident
(c) If he was going to inherit the house someday
(d) Why he gets blamed for everything that happens
5. What does Teddy suggest to Ruth after they have been home awhile?
(a) Teddy suggests they light a fire.
(b) Teddy suggests they change their clothes.
(c) Teddy suggests they go to bed.
(d) Teddy suggests they get something to eat.
6. What does Lenny tell Ruth about a diseased prostitute?
(a) Lenny says he took her to a hospital.
(b) Lenny says he was in love with her.
(c) Lenny says he nearly beat her to death.
(d) Lenny says he lectured her.
7. Who has fond memories of a father who played with him and took good care of him?
8. What does Lenny give Ruth after Teddy goes upstairs?
(b) A family photo
(c) Teddy's old books
(d) A glass of water
9. What occupation does Lenny tell Ruth he's always imagined for himself?
10. What does Sam brag about?
(a) Being the most productive worker in the factory
(b) Being the best cook in the restaurant
(c) Being the most requested security guard
(d) Being the best chauffeur in the firm
11. What does Lenny say he did to the old woman instead of helping her?
(a) Got someone else to help her
(b) Laughed at her
(c) Hit her
(d) Gave her some money
12. What reason does Max give for Sam having never married?
(a) He's never met the right woman.
(b) He can't afford to get married.
(c) He's too busy having sex in the back seat.
(d) He hates women.
13. What do Lenny and Ruth argue about?
(a) The family album
(b) Teddy's faithfulness
(c) Lenny's lies
(d) Ruth's glass
14. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
15. What does Lenny ask Ruth to do?
(a) Hold his hand
(b) Go for a walk with him
(c) Tour the house
(d) Share her dessert
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam say about Max wanting him out of the house?
2. What did Lenny tell Ruth he had been asked to help an old woman with?
3. Who is the only character left on stage at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
4. What do Lenny and Max bicker about?
5. Who was Jessie?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)