|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the morning after Teddy and Ruth's arrival, just before Max invites Joey to go out with him for the afternoon, what does Max complain about?
(a) Max complains that he is the only one bringing in any money.
(b) Max says he is not feeling well.
(c) Max says he hates every room in the house.
(d) Max complains about the noise last night.
2. What does Lenny say when Ruth asks how he knew the prostitute was diseased?
(a) Lenny says he just decided she was diseased.
(b) Lenny says the prostitute told him she was diseased.
(c) Lenny says the prostitute's mother told him she was diseased.
(d) Lenny says a buddy told him the prostitute was diseased.
3. What does Ruth call Lenny?
(b) Mr. Mean
(c) Little Baby
4. Before he comes home, where has Joey been?
(a) He has been out for a walk.
(b) He has been applying for a job.
(c) He has been driving his cab.
(d) He has been working out.
5. After she finishes her water, where does Ruth go?
(a) Outside on the front porch
(c) Into the kitchen
(d) Outside for a walk
Short Answer Questions
1. When Teddy and Ruth are left alone in the living room, how does he try to convince her to go home with him?
2. Just after Teddy comes downstairs on the afternoon of their second day at the house, what do Lenny and Ruth do as Teddy watches?
3. How many women appear onstage in the play?
4. What does Max do to Sam when Sam tries to help Max after he collapses?
5. What does Sam say about Max wanting him out of the house?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)