|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he first appears in the play, Max enters the living room and is looking for a scissor for what reason?
(a) He wants to trim his hair.
(b) He wants to cut something out of the paper.
(c) He needs to open a package.
(d) He plans to use them to threaten Lenny.
2. Which two characters have been out working when the play begins but come home before Ruth and Teddy arrive?
(a) Joey and Max
(b) Lenny and Sam
(c) Joey and Sam
(d) Max and Sam
3. What kind of response does Max get from the family to his question about the surprising appearance of his son and a woman Max does not know, suddenly standing in his living room?
(a) Everyone starts talking at once.
(b) No one says anything.
(c) Lenny apologizes.
(d) Joey leaves.
4. To whom does Max compare Sam?
(a) Himself (Max)
5. What is the relationship between the two characters who are up early at the beginning of Act I, Scene 3?
(a) Husband and wife
(b) Uncle and Nephew
(d) Father and Son
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teddy reassure Ruth about?
2. Who was Jessie?
3. Why does Max say that when Sam gets married, he should bring his bride home?
4. Which of the following characters has been discussed but has never appeared on stage?
5. What does Max describe as "one flow of stinking pus after another?"
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)