|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Jessie?
(a) Lenny's wife
(b) A former neighbor
(c) Max's wife
(d) Sam and Max's sister
2. What does Teddy tell Max about his life with Ruth?
(a) Teddy says it's hard having no relatives around.
(b) Teddy says they have a good home and a good life.
(c) Teddy says every couple has problems.
(d) Teddy says he and his wife argue about money.
3. When Lenny re-enters the room after Teddy and Ruth have had their private discussion, what kind of small talk does Ruth engage in with Lenny?
(a) She talks about how the weather is changing.
(b) She talks about an article she read in the paper.
(c) She talks about a certain kind of shoe she is fond of.
(d) She talks about how the living room is decorated.
4. What reason does Sam give for believing that he is the best at his job?
(a) He works harder than anyone else.
(b) He asks questions.
(c) He doesn't make mistakes.
(d) He doesn't take liberties.
5. In his long speech, what does Tedd say he won't do?
(a) Give his family anything
(b) Become lost in his family's lives
(c) Come back again to see the family
(d) Stoop to his family's level
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Max say that Sam will be out of the house?
2. What does Ruth tell Lenny about her life before she married Teddy?
3. What does Lenny say he did to the old woman instead of helping her?
4. What does Teddy reassure Ruth about?
5. As the men compliment Ruth after lunch, what is Max reminiscing about?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)