|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aside from Teddy's education, why does Lenny say he envies Teddy?
(a) The family favors Teddy.
(b) Teddy is sensitive.
(c) Teddy is rich.
(d) The girls have always liked Teddy.
2. What does Max say about whether or not he followed his father's wishes?
(a) Max said he did what his father asked.
(b) Max said he resented what his father asked him.
(c) Max said he decided it wasn't his responsibility.
(d) Max said he left home.
3. What does Lenny ask Ruth to do?
(a) Hold his hand
(b) Tour the house
(c) Go for a walk with him
(d) Share her dessert
4. Shortly after his arrival at the family home, what does Teddy offer Ruth?
(a) Some old photographs
(b) Some family heirlooms
(c) Somewhere to change her clothes
(d) Something to eat and drink
5. How are Teddy and Ruth related to Max?
(a) Son and daughter
(b) Son and daughter-in-law
(c) Nephew and niece
(d) Grandson and granddaughter
Short Answer Questions
1. While Max is questioning Teddy about when he plans to leave, how does Joey interact with Ruth?
2. As the play begins, Lenny is in the living room of the house where he lives with which two other people?
3. What does Max describe as "one flow of stinking pus after another?"
4. When Lenny re-enters the room after Teddy and Ruth have had their private discussion, what kind of small talk does Ruth engage in with Lenny?
5. In reminiscing after lunch, what does Max refer to Jessie as?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)