|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Max say that when Sam gets married, he should bring his bride home?
(a) There will be a big party.
(b) She can cook for them.
(c) Max will give her a family heirloom.
(d) Max will tell her the family's history.
2. Which of the following characters has been discussed but has never appeared on stage?
3. What two characters are up early the next morning at the opening of Act I, Scene 3?
(a) Lenny and Joey
(b) Sam and Joey
(c) Joey and Max
(d) Teddy and Ruth
4. In reminiscing after lunch, what does Max refer to Jessie as?
(a) A tigress
(b) A "slutbitch of a wife"
(c) A tart
(d) An angel
5. How long ago did Teddy move out of the family home?
(a) A week
(b) Several months
(c) Several days
(d) Many years
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teddy reassure Ruth about?
2. As Lenny joins the conversation that Ruth, Lenny, and Teddy have been engaged in after lunch, what subject does Lenny ask Teddy about?
3. Who told Lenny earlier that his father is going to get a surprise in the morning?
4. According to Max, when his father was dying, what did he tell Max to do?
5. What does Teddy tell Max about his life with Ruth?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)