|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Max sees Ruth for the first time, what does he ask Teddy?
(a) Max asks who gave him permission to bring a tart into the house.
(b) Max asks where Teddy is living.
(c) Max asks how long he is planning to stay.
(d) Max asks if Teddy has a job.
2. On the morning after Teddy and Ruth's arrival, just before Max invites Joey to go out with him for the afternoon, what does Max complain about?
(a) Max says he is not feeling well.
(b) Max complains about the noise last night.
(c) Max complains that he is the only one bringing in any money.
(d) Max says he hates every room in the house.
3. The first time Max mentions a man named MacGregor, what does he say about him?
(a) He went to prison.
(b) MacGregor was his best friend.
(c) MacGregor lives next door.
(d) He used to hang around with MacGregor.
4. After Sam reminds Max that he took Jessie out in a limo because he was taking care of her, what does Max call Sam?
(a) A sheep in wolf's clothing
(b) A maggot and a grub
(c) A rotten cheat
(d) A dirty thief
5. After she finishes her water, where does Ruth go?
(a) Into the kitchen
(b) Outside for a walk
(d) Outside on the front porch
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between the two characters who are up early at the beginning of Act I, Scene 3?
2. After she has gotten up off the floor, what does Ruth ask Teddy?
3. When Teddy and Ruth first arrive at the family home, what does Ruth say she is feeling?
4. In his long speech, what does Tedd say he won't do?
5. What does Lenny give Ruth after Teddy goes upstairs?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)