|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When trying to convince her to go home with him, what does Teddy remind Ruth of?
(a) He tells her about his childhood.
(b) He reminds her about her sons.
(c) He says she is making a poor impression on his family.
(d) He talks about taking a new trip.
2. In his long speech, what does Tedd say he won't do?
(a) Become lost in his family's lives
(b) Come back again to see the family
(c) Stoop to his family's level
(d) Give his family anything
3. When Max realizes that Teddy and Ruth are not going to be thrown out of his house, what does Max do?
(a) Max throws a dish at the wall.
(b) Max tries to throw Ruth out the door.
(c) Max yells at Teddy.
(d) Max hits Joey.
4. What is Sam's job?
(b) Factory worker
(d) Security guard
5. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Max collapse after he verbally abuses Ruth for the first time?
2. What does Teddy suggest to Ruth after they have been home awhile?
3. After Max recovers from his collapse, what does he ask Ruth?
4. When he first appears in the play, Max enters the living room and is looking for a scissor for what reason?
5. Shortly after his arrival at the family home, what does Teddy offer Ruth?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)