|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Teddy and Ruth related to Max?
(a) Son and daughter-in-law
(b) Son and daughter
(c) Nephew and niece
(d) Grandson and granddaughter
2. What does Max tell Lenny to stop?
(a) Eating so much
(b) Complaining about his job.
(c) Beating up on his brother
(d) Calling him "Dad"
3. When Teddy and Ruth are left alone in the living room, how does he try to convince her to go home with him?
(a) He says she is making a poor impression on his family.
(b) He tells her that she could get her old job back.
(c) He reminds her about her sons.
(d) He tells her he wants to leave.
4. What kind of response does Max get from the family to his question about the surprising appearance of his son and a woman Max does not know, suddenly standing in his living room?
(a) Joey leaves.
(b) Lenny apologizes.
(c) Everyone starts talking at once.
(d) No one says anything.
5. According to Max, when his father was dying, what did he tell Max to do?
(a) He told Max to take care of his brothers.
(b) He told Max where to find money he had hidden.
(c) He told Max not to let Sam get away with anything.
(d) He told Max to sell the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lenny tell Ruth about a diseased prostitute?
2. What did Lenny tell Ruth he had been asked to help an old woman with?
3. What do Sam, Teddy. Joey, and Lenny do after Max physically abuses Sam?
4. After chastising Teddy for bringing Ruth into his house, who does Max ask to throw Ruth and Teddy out?
5. What does Sam say about Max wanting him out of the house?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)