|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After she has gotten up off the floor, what does Ruth ask Teddy?
(a) If the family has read any of his work
(b) If he remembers his mother
(c) If they're going to leave soon
(d) If his family always argues this much
2. Just before the end of Act Two, Scene 1, What does Teddy give a long speech about?
(a) How families shouldn't argue
(b) How his mother would be proud of him
(c) Why he needs to leave
(d) How important his works are
3. When Joey, Max, and Lenny return home from the gym on the afternoon of the second day, what does Joey do?
(a) Takes Ruth to the sofa and kisses her
(b) Goes upstairs
(c) Reminds Lenny not to light fires in the fireplace
(d) Argues with Teddy
4. When does Max say that Sam will be out of the house?
(a) When Lenny gets married
(b) When Sam retires
(c) When Max sells the property
(d) When Max renovates the house
5. According to Max, what made Sam a bad son?
(a) He didn't help take care of his father when he was dying.
(b) He never came to see his parents.
(c) He was useless in the family business.
(d) He stole money from his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth tell Lenny about her life before she married Teddy?
2. Who is the only character left on stage at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
3. How many children does Ruth have?
4. While Max is questioning Teddy about when he plans to leave, how does Lenny interact with Ruth?
5. When Ruth says she was different before she and Teddy were married, what does Teddy say.?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)