|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Teddy and Ruth related to Max?
(a) Son and daughter-in-law
(b) Nephew and niece
(c) Grandson and granddaughter
(d) Son and daughter
2. What comparison does Ruth use in her discussion with Lenny after Teddy has been mocked by Lenny?
(a) the setting of the sun and the emergence of the stars
(b) The relationship between the movement of her leg and the movement of her underwear
(c) The love of a boy for his horse
(d) The seeds in a pod and the growth of a tree
3. As the play begins, Lenny is in the living room of the house where he lives with which two other people?
(a) His father and his uncle
(b) His father and his brother
(c) His two brothers
(d) His mother and his father
4. When Max realizes that Teddy and Ruth are not going to be thrown out of his house, what does Max do?
(a) Max hits Joey.
(b) Max yells at Teddy.
(c) Max throws a dish at the wall.
(d) Max tries to throw Ruth out the door.
5. When trying to convince her to go home with him, what does Teddy remind Ruth of?
(a) He talks about taking a new trip.
(b) He tells her about his childhood.
(c) He reminds her about her sons.
(d) He says she is making a poor impression on his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam do when Max collapses after verbally abusing Ruth?
2. What does Lenny give Ruth after Teddy goes upstairs?
3. After chastising Teddy for bringing Ruth into his house, who does Max ask to throw Ruth and Teddy out?
4. After his collapse, Max talks with Ruth about her children and then asks Teddy to do what?
5. What reason does Sam give for believing that he is the best at his job?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)