|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Max collapse after he verbally abuses Ruth for the first time?
(a) Max collapses from his heart ailment.
(b) Max collapses when he sees he is cut badly.
(c) Max collapses from grief.
(d) Max collapses from the exertion of hitting Joey.
2. After Max recovers from his collapse, what does he ask Ruth?
(a) Max asks Ruth to get him an ice bag.
(b) Max asks Ruth why she got involved with Teddy.
(c) Max asks Ruth if she plans to leave soon.
(d) Max asks Ruth if she is a mother.
3. Who told Lenny earlier that his father is going to get a surprise in the morning?
4. In what sport does Joey participate?
5. On the morning after Teddy and Ruth's arrival, just before Max invites Joey to go out with him for the afternoon, what does Max complain about?
(a) Max complains about the noise last night.
(b) Max complains that he is the only one bringing in any money.
(c) Max says he is not feeling well.
(d) Max says he hates every room in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his first appearance in the play, Joey comes home and immediately asks a question about what?
2. What do Lenny and Ruth argue about?
3. When Max comes downstairs, what does he say woke him?
4. When Max realizes that Teddy and Ruth are not going to be thrown out of his house, what does Max do?
5. After Ruth tells Lenny where she was born, where does Max tell Joey he needs to go?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)