|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between the two characters who are up early at the beginning of Act I, Scene 3?
(a) Father and Son
(c) Husband and wife
(d) Uncle and Nephew
2. How does Sam describe Jessie?
(a) He says she was always tired.
(b) He says she was unfriendly.
(c) He says she was a charming woman.
(d) He says she was beautiful.
3. As the men compliment Ruth after lunch, what is Max reminiscing about?
(a) His wife
(b) His days as a football player
(c) His days at the horse track
(d) His childhood
4. As the play begins, Lenny is in the living room of the house where he lives with which two other people?
(a) His father and his brother
(b) His two brothers
(c) His mother and his father
(d) His father and his uncle
5. After questioning Teddy , what does Max say about Ruth?
(a) She is a good cook.
(b) She should leave.
(c) She is lucky Teddy married her.
(d) She is a woman of feeling.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sam leaves for work, what comment does Max make to Teddy about his wedding?
2. What did Lenny tell Ruth he had been asked to help an old woman with?
3. How does Max respond to Lenny's question right after Max wakes up?
4. After lunch, Max abruptly turns his attention from reminiscing to Sam. Who does he compare Sam to?
5. What does Ruth want to do by herself shortly after she and Teddy arrive at the family home?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)