|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comparison does Ruth use in her discussion with Lenny after Teddy has been mocked by Lenny?
(a) the setting of the sun and the emergence of the stars
(b) The love of a boy for his horse
(c) The seeds in a pod and the growth of a tree
(d) The relationship between the movement of her leg and the movement of her underwear
2. What kind of response does Max get from the family to his question about the surprising appearance of his son and a woman Max does not know, suddenly standing in his living room?
(a) Joey leaves.
(b) No one says anything.
(c) Lenny apologizes.
(d) Everyone starts talking at once.
3. After questioning Teddy , what does Max say about Ruth?
(a) She is a woman of feeling.
(b) She is lucky Teddy married her.
(c) She is a good cook.
(d) She should leave.
4. What does Max want Sam to do when Joey goes upstairs?
(a) Max wants Sam to agree with about his criticism of Joey.
(b) Max wants Sam to eat dinner with him.
(c) Max wants Sam to drive him to the drugstore.
(d) Max wants Sam to go upstairs.
5. What reason does Sam give for believing that he is the best at his job?
(a) He doesn't take liberties.
(b) He asks questions.
(c) He works harder than anyone else.
(d) He doesn't make mistakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his collapse, Max talks with Ruth about her children and then asks Teddy to do what?
2. In his long speech, what does Teddy call the members of his family?
3. Where does Ruth say she and Teddy have been vacationing?
4. What does Ruth want to do by herself shortly after she and Teddy arrive at the family home?
5. What does Lenny say he did to the old woman instead of helping her?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)