|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
2. After she finishes her water, where does Ruth go?
(a) Outside on the front porch
(b) Into the kitchen
(d) Outside for a walk
3. What do Lenny and Max bicker about?
(a) Paying for groceries
(b) Lenny's chores
(c) The leaking roof
(d) Max's cooking
4. What does Lenny tell Ruth about a diseased prostitute?
(a) Lenny says he nearly beat her to death.
(b) Lenny says he took her to a hospital.
(c) Lenny says he was in love with her.
(d) Lenny says he lectured her.
5. What does Lenny give Ruth after Teddy goes upstairs?
(a) Teddy's old books
(b) A glass of water
(d) A family photo
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teddy tell Max about his life with Ruth?
2. At the end of the first scene, what does Max reveal about MacGregor?
3. What kind of response does Max get from the family to his question about the surprising appearance of his son and a woman Max does not know, suddenly standing in his living room?
4. Which of the following characters has been discussed but has never appeared on stage?
5. What does Sam do before he leaves for work after lunch?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)