|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max do to Sam when Sam tries to help Max after he collapses?
(a) Max hits Sam with his cane.
(b) Max throws a dish at Sam.
(c) Max punches Sam in the stomach.
(d) Max yells out Sam's secret.
2. What is the relationship between the two characters who are up early at the beginning of Act I, Scene 3?
(a) Father and Son
(b) Husband and wife
(c) Uncle and Nephew
3. Aside from Teddy's education, why does Lenny say he envies Teddy?
(a) Teddy is sensitive.
(b) The family favors Teddy.
(c) Teddy is rich.
(d) The girls have always liked Teddy.
4. What do Lenny and Max bicker about?
(a) The leaking roof
(b) Paying for groceries
(c) Lenny's chores
(d) Max's cooking
5. What is Sam doing in the kitchen during Max's and Joey's discussion about going out together?
(a) Sam is repairing the radio.
(b) Sam is chopping carrots.
(c) Sam is talking to Lenny.
(d) Sam is washing the dishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teddy take upstairs?
2. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
3. What does Teddy tell Ruth about the house?
4. Which two characters have been out working when the play begins but come home before Ruth and Teddy arrive?
5. What does Ruth want to do by herself shortly after she and Teddy arrive at the family home?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)