|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Max, when his father was dying, what did he tell Max to do?
(a) He told Max where to find money he had hidden.
(b) He told Max to sell the house.
(c) He told Max to take care of his brothers.
(d) He told Max not to let Sam get away with anything.
2. How many women appear onstage in the play?
3. What does Lenny give Ruth after Teddy goes upstairs?
(a) Teddy's old books
(b) A glass of water
(d) A family photo
4. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
5. When Max sees Ruth for the first time, what does he ask Teddy?
(a) Max asks where Teddy is living.
(b) Max asks who gave him permission to bring a tart into the house.
(c) Max asks how long he is planning to stay.
(d) Max asks if Teddy has a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey say when Max tells him that he will have time to do what he needs to do and still be able to go with Max?
2. What does Teddy reassure Ruth about?
3. How many children does Ruth have?
4. How does Joey respond to Max's invitation to spend the afternoon with him?
5. What did Lenny tell Ruth he had been asked to help an old woman with?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)