|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joey say when Max tells him that he will have time to do what he needs to do and still be able to go with Max?
(a) Joey agrees to go.
(b) Joey ignores Max.
(c) Joey tells him to invite someone else.
(d) Joey still refuses.
2. After Max recovers from his collapse, what does he ask Ruth?
(a) Max asks Ruth to get him an ice bag.
(b) Max asks Ruth why she got involved with Teddy.
(c) Max asks Ruth if she plans to leave soon.
(d) Max asks Ruth if she is a mother.
3. When Lenny comes downstairs, what reason does he give for not being able to sleep?
(a) Lenny says he is having nightmares.
(b) Lenny says it is too cold in his room.
(c) Lenny says he is too worried to sleep.
(d) Lenny says there is something ticking that is keeping him awake.
4. How does Joey respond to Max's invitation to spend the afternoon with him?
(a) Joey says he has to do an errand for Sam.
(b) Joey says he has to work on his car.
(c) Joey says he has to train.
(d) Joey says he has to repair the roof.
5. On the morning after Teddy and Ruth's arrival, what does Max invite Joey to do in the afternoon?
(a) Go to a movie.
(b) Drive to the ocean.
(c) Go to the horse races.
(d) Go to a football game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaint does Max have about his sons?
2. According to Max, what made Sam a bad son?
3. How long does Teddy tell Lenny he will be staying?
4. What is the relationship between the two characters who are up early at the beginning of Act I, Scene 3?
5. What do Lenny and Max bicker about?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)