|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the person who tries to help Joey after Max has hit him in the stomach?
(a) Max hits him on the head with his cane.
(b) He is congratulated by the other family members.
(c) Max tells him to get out
(d) He trips over the broken clock.
2. After Max criticizes Sam about his contributions to the family, what does Sam suggest that Max do?
(a) Sam suggests that Max finish washing the dishes.
(b) Sam suggests they all go to a football game.
(c) Sam suggests they wake everyone up.
(d) Sam suggests that Max get over his resentment.
3. What does Lenny say when Ruth asks how he knew the prostitute was diseased?
(a) Lenny says he just decided she was diseased.
(b) Lenny says the prostitute's mother told him she was diseased.
(c) Lenny says the prostitute told him she was diseased.
(d) Lenny says a buddy told him the prostitute was diseased.
4. What does Teddy tell Ruth about the house?
(a) Teddy says the house is about to be sold.
(b) Teddy says that five generations have lived in the house.
(c) Teddy says that he has never liked the house.
(d) Teddy says he was born in the house.
5. What does Lenny say in response to Max's demand for an explanation of the noise that awoke him?
(a) Lenny blames the noise on Joey and his friends.
(b) Lenny asks Max to loan him some money.
(c) Lenny asks Max about the night he was conceived.
(d) Lenny tells Max that Sam turned up the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Max say that when Sam gets married, he should bring his bride home?
2. What does Max say he could instinctively know?
3. When Teddy and Ruth come downstairs and Max sees them for the first time, what does he want to know?
4. After addressing Lenny's concern about not being able to sleep, who does Teddy ask Lenny about?
5. As they bicker, what does Max grab as if to hit Lenny?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)