|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he first arrives home, what does Teddy find out about his room?
(a) Max is using his room as a storage area.
(b) His room is still the same.
(c) Lenny has moved into his room.
(d) His room is being rented out.
2. What does Lenny say in response to Max's demand for an explanation of the noise that awoke him?
(a) Lenny asks Max about the night he was conceived.
(b) Lenny asks Max to loan him some money.
(c) Lenny blames the noise on Joey and his friends.
(d) Lenny tells Max that Sam turned up the radio.
3. What is the relationship between the two characters who are up early at the beginning of Act I, Scene 3?
(b) Father and Son
(c) Uncle and Nephew
(d) Husband and wife
4. In his first appearance in the play, Joey comes home and immediately asks a question about what?
(a) He wonders if the roof has been repaired.
(b) He asks if his brother is home.
(c) He asks where the newspaper is.
(d) He wonders if there is any food.
5. The first time Max meets Ruth, what doe Teddy tell Max about her?
(a) Teddy tells Max that he lives in New York.
(b) Teddy tells Max that Ruth is his girlfriend.
(c) Teddy says that he is planning to just stay overnight.
(d) Teddy tells Max that Ruth is his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the morning after Teddy and Ruth's arrival, what does Max invite Joey to do in the afternoon?
2. Who is the only character left on stage at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
3. What reason does Sam give for believing that he is the best at his job?
4. What does Lenny give Ruth after Teddy goes upstairs?
5. When Lenny gets flustered, what does Ruth do?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)