|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of response does Max get from the family to his question about the surprising appearance of his son and a woman Max does not know, suddenly standing in his living room?
(a) Joey leaves.
(b) Lenny apologizes.
(c) Everyone starts talking at once.
(d) No one says anything.
2. Who is the only character left on stage at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
3. When Lenny gets flustered, what does Ruth do?
(a) Ruth pats Lenny on the head.
(b) Ruth sits on Lenny's lap.
(c) Ruth laughs.
(d) Ruth apologizes.
4. What does Ruth want to do by herself shortly after she and Teddy arrive at the family home?
(a) Ruth wants to eat something.
(b) Ruth wants to take a walk.
(c) Ruth wants to change her clothes.
(d) Ruth wants to take a nap.
5. What does Sam say to Max about why Sam helped take care of Jessie?
(a) Sam reminds Max that Jessie had trouble hearing.
(b) Sam tells Max he could afford to give Jessie money.
(c) Sam reminds Max that he was the only one Max trusted with Jessie.
(d) Sam says he helped Jessie because she was his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lenny tell Ruth he had been asked to help an old woman with?
2. What does Lenny ask Ruth to do?
3. When Max realizes that Teddy and Ruth are not going to be thrown out of his house, what does Max do?
4. Where does Lenny tell Ruth he thinks Teddy has been?
5. According to Max, when his father was dying, what did he tell Max to do?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)