|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Jessie?
(a) A former neighbor
(b) Max's wife
(c) Lenny's wife
(d) Sam and Max's sister
2. What does Max tell Lenny to stop?
(a) Complaining about his job.
(b) Eating so much
(c) Beating up on his brother
(d) Calling him "Dad"
3. What does Ruth dare Lenny to do?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Wake everyone up.
(c) Tell her a secret.
(d) Sit on her lap and take a sip from a glass.
4. Why does Max collapse after he verbally abuses Ruth for the first time?
(a) Max collapses from his heart ailment.
(b) Max collapses when he sees he is cut badly.
(c) Max collapses from the exertion of hitting Joey.
(d) Max collapses from grief.
5. How is Joey related to Max?
(a) Max and Joey are brothers.
(b) Max and Joey are cousins.
(c) Max is Joey's uncle.
(d) Max is Joey's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the morning after Teddy and Ruth's arrival, just before Max invites Joey to go out with him for the afternoon, what does Max complain about?
2. The first time Max meets Ruth, what doe Teddy tell Max about her?
3. What two characters are up early the next morning at the opening of Act I, Scene 3?
4. What does Teddy tell Ruth about the house?
5. How many women appear onstage in the play?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)