|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the play begins, Lenny is in the living room of the house where he lives with which two other people?
(a) His two brothers
(b) His father and his brother
(c) His mother and his father
(d) His father and his uncle
2. Shortly after his arrival at the family home, what does Teddy offer Ruth?
(a) Somewhere to change her clothes
(b) Some old photographs
(c) Some family heirlooms
(d) Something to eat and drink
3. When Lenny comes downstairs, what reason does he give for not being able to sleep?
(a) Lenny says it is too cold in his room.
(b) Lenny says he is too worried to sleep.
(c) Lenny says there is something ticking that is keeping him awake.
(d) Lenny says he is having nightmares.
4. What does Max want Sam to do when Joey goes upstairs?
(a) Max wants Sam to go upstairs.
(b) Max wants Sam to eat dinner with him.
(c) Max wants Sam to agree with about his criticism of Joey.
(d) Max wants Sam to drive him to the drugstore.
5. How is Joey related to Sam?
(a) Sam is Joey's uncle.
(b) Sam is Joey's father.
(c) Sam and Joey are cousins.
(d) Sam and Joey are brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Sam give for believing that he is the best at his job?
2. When Teddy and Ruth first arrive at the family home, what does Ruth say she is feeling?
3. What occupation does Lenny tell Ruth he's always imagined for himself?
4. How long does Teddy tell Lenny he will be staying?
5. Where does Ruth say she and Teddy have been vacationing?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)