|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth dare Lenny to do?
(a) Sit on her lap and take a sip from a glass.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Wake everyone up.
(d) Tell her a secret.
2. How does Sam describe Jessie?
(a) He says she was beautiful.
(b) He says she was unfriendly.
(c) He says she was a charming woman.
(d) He says she was always tired.
3. Where did Sam get some cigars?
(a) From a fellow worker with a new baby
(b) From an American fare
(c) From a tobacco store
(d) From a friend
4. At the end of the first scene, what does Max reveal about MacGregor?
(a) MacGregor was Max's football coach.
(b) MacGregor tried to steal the deed to the house.
(c) MacGregor lived next door until he died.
(d) MacGregor was Max's father.
5. What does Lenny give Ruth after Teddy goes upstairs?
(a) A glass of water
(b) A family photo
(d) Teddy's old books
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teddy tell Ruth about the house?
2. The first time Max mentions a man named MacGregor, what does he say about him?
3. What does Sam say about Max wanting him out of the house?
4. What does Ruth want to do by herself shortly after she and Teddy arrive at the family home?
5. What does Lenny say Max used to always like doing?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)