|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his collapse, Max talks with Ruth about her children and then asks Teddy to do what?
(a) Max asks Teddy to give the family some money.
(b) Max asks Teddy to stay for a few more days.
(c) Max asks Teddy to take Ruth out of the house.
(d) Max asks Teddy if he wants to cuddle and kiss his father.
2. Who was Jessie?
(a) A former neighbor
(b) Sam and Max's sister
(c) Max's wife
(d) Lenny's wife
3. What happens to Sam after he delivers his startling announcement to the family in the final scene?
(a) He goes upstairs.
(b) He leaves the house.
(c) He collapses.
(d) Teddy punches him.
4. What does Joey say about the fact that he's been in bed with Ruth after he comes downstairs?
(a) Teddy should be jealous.
(b) Ruth no longer cares about Teddy.
(c) Ruth is a good lover.
(d) They hadn't gone "all the way."
5. What does Lenny say Max used to always like doing?
(a) Playing ball with his sons.
(b) Tucking his sons into bed.
(c) Taking his sons on outings.
(d) Singing with his sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
2. When Lenny re-enters the room after Teddy and Ruth have had their private discussion, what kind of small talk does Ruth engage in with Lenny?
3. After Ruth falls onto the floor, what does she ask for?
4. As he sits with his packed suitcases and watches Lenny search the living room, what does Teddy admit?
5. After Lenny mocks Teddy who sits with his packed suitcases, what object does Lenny begin looking for?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)