|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Max is questioning Teddy about when he plans to leave, how does Joey interact with Ruth?
(a) He lies on top of Ruth.
(b) He pours her a drink.
(c) He helps her light the fire.
(d) He shows her his watch.
2. What does Ruth say Teddy was nervous about before they came to the family home for this visit?
(a) Ruth says Teddy was nervous that Max wouldn't like her.
(b) Ruth says Teddy was nervous about traveling.
(c) Ruth says Teddy was nervous about the money they spent on the trip.
(d) Ruth says Teddy was nervous about seeing his family.
3. What does Sam tell Teddy about Teddy's mother at the beginning of the last scene?
(a) Max didn't deserve her.
(b) Teddy had been her favorite.
(c) She was a good woman.
(d) She died too young.
4. What does Max ask Ruth to do at the end of the play?
(a) Help Sam
(b) Cook supper
(c) Kiss him
(d) Go back to Teddy
5. When Teddy and Ruth first arrive at the family home, what does Ruth say she is feeling?
(a) Very tired
(b) Very cold
(c) Very excited
(d) Very bored
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Max, when his father was dying, what did he tell Max to do?
2. After Max recovers from his collapse, what does he ask Ruth?
3. Just after Teddy comes downstairs on the afternoon of their second day at the house, what do Lenny and Ruth do as Teddy watches?
4. After Lenny mocks Teddy's inability to answer his question, what subject does the conversation change to?
5. How are Teddy and Ruth related to Max?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)