|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lenny comes downstairs, what reason does he give for not being able to sleep?
(a) Lenny says there is something ticking that is keeping him awake.
(b) Lenny says he is too worried to sleep.
(c) Lenny says he is having nightmares.
(d) Lenny says it is too cold in his room.
2. When Ruth says she was different before she and Teddy were married, what does Teddy say.?
(a) Teddy says Ruth is exactly the same.
(b) Teddy says Ruth has become more affectionate since their wedding.
(c) Teddy says Ruth was too quiet before their marriage.
(d) Teddy says Ruth has become more patient since their wedding.
3. When Lenny re-enters the room after Teddy and Ruth have had their private discussion, what kind of small talk does Ruth engage in with Lenny?
(a) She talks about how the weather is changing.
(b) She talks about an article she read in the paper.
(c) She talks about how the living room is decorated.
(d) She talks about a certain kind of shoe she is fond of.
4. How is Joey related to Max?
(a) Max and Joey are cousins.
(b) Max and Joey are brothers.
(c) Max is Joey's father.
(d) Max is Joey's uncle.
5. Aside from Teddy's education, why does Lenny say he envies Teddy?
(a) The girls have always liked Teddy.
(b) Teddy is rich.
(c) Teddy is sensitive.
(d) The family favors Teddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lenny tell Ruth he had been asked to help an old woman with?
2. In which city does "The Homecoming" take place?
3. When he first appears in the play, Max enters the living room and is looking for a scissor for what reason?
4. As Teddy sits alone at the beginning of the last scene, Sam joins him and asks what question?
5. After she has gotten up off the floor, what does Ruth ask Teddy?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)