|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it suggested that Ruth only work four hours a night as a prostitute?
(a) Because they love her
(b) To leave her enegy to care of all the men at home
(c) Because that will bring plenty of money
(d) Because she isn't well
2. When Teddy comes downstairs while Ruth and Lenny are talking together, what does Lenny do?
(a) He tells Teddy not to interrupt their conversation.
(b) He picks up the newspaper and begins reading.
(c) He asks Teddy to stay for a few more days.
(d) He turns on the radio.
3. What does Lenny give Ruth after Teddy goes upstairs?
(b) Teddy's old books
(c) A glass of water
(d) A family photo
4. When he first appears in the play, Max enters the living room and is looking for a scissor for what reason?
(a) He plans to use them to threaten Lenny.
(b) He needs to open a package.
(c) He wants to cut something out of the paper.
(d) He wants to trim his hair.
5. In his first appearance in the play, Joey comes home and immediately asks a question about what?
(a) He asks if his brother is home.
(b) He wonders if there is any food.
(c) He asks where the newspaper is.
(d) He wonders if the roof has been repaired.
Short Answer Questions
1. After addressing Lenny's concern about not being able to sleep, who does Teddy ask Lenny about?
2. Who is sobbing at the end of the play?
3. What does Sam tell Teddy about Teddy's mother at the beginning of the last scene?
4. After Max recovers from his collapse, what does he ask Ruth?
5. Which of the following characters has been discussed but has never appeared on stage?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)