|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Sam, Lenny, Max, and Teddy have finished lunch and are smoking cigars, on what are they complimenting Ruth?
(a) Her figure
(b) Her intelligence
(c) Her clothes
(d) Her cooking
2. When Teddy and Ruth first arrive at the family home, what does Ruth say she is feeling?
(a) Very cold
(b) Very tired
(c) Very excited
(d) Very bored
3. When Lenny comes downstairs, what reason does he give for not being able to sleep?
(a) Lenny says there is something ticking that is keeping him awake.
(b) Lenny says he is having nightmares.
(c) Lenny says he is too worried to sleep.
(d) Lenny says it is too cold in his room.
4. After questioning Teddy , what does Max say about Ruth?
(a) She should leave.
(b) She is lucky Teddy married her.
(c) She is a good cook.
(d) She is a woman of feeling.
5. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nature of the family business?
2. Abandoning his search for the scissors, Max lights a cigarette he has gotten from where?
3. What does Lenny want Max to tell him?
4. When Max and Sam enter as the brothers are discussing Joey's time upstairs with Ruth, what is the first thing Max asks?
5. Why does Max collapse after he verbally abuses Ruth for the first time?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)