|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ruth's response when Teddy asks her to go home?
(a) She hugs him.
(b) She is non-committal and almost non-responsive.
(c) She tries to reason with him.
(d) She shouts at him to leave her alone.
2. When Lenny re-enters the room after Teddy and Ruth have had their private discussion, what kind of small talk does Ruth engage in with Lenny?
(a) She talks about an article she read in the paper.
(b) She talks about how the living room is decorated.
(c) She talks about a certain kind of shoe she is fond of.
(d) She talks about how the weather is changing.
3. After Teddy leaves the house to go home, what does Max say he is concerned about?
(a) Teddy will never come back.
(b) He won't be able to keep the house.
(c) Ruth doesn't understand exactly what's expected of her.
(d) Joey and Lenny will monopolize Ruth's time.
4. When Max sees Ruth for the first time, what does he ask Teddy?
(a) Max asks how long he is planning to stay.
(b) Max asks if Teddy has a job.
(c) Max asks who gave him permission to bring a tart into the house.
(d) Max asks where Teddy is living.
5. Abandoning his search for the scissors, Max lights a cigarette he has gotten from where?
(a) From the ashtray
(b) From the desk
(c) From his pocket
(d) From Lenny's jacket
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sam say was a hard worker and a fast learner?
2. In his long speech, what does Tedd say he won't do?
3. After Ruth falls onto the floor, what does she ask for?
4. Who has fond memories of a father who played with him and took good care of him?
5. In his first appearance in the play, Joey comes home and immediately asks a question about what?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)