|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam say to Max about why Sam helped take care of Jessie?
(a) Sam says he helped Jessie because she was his sister.
(b) Sam reminds Max that Jessie had trouble hearing.
(c) Sam tells Max he could afford to give Jessie money.
(d) Sam reminds Max that he was the only one Max trusted with Jessie.
2. Why does Joey protest against the plan for Ruth to become a prostitute?
(a) He doesn't want to share her with a bunch of slobs.
(b) It won't give her enough time to clean the house.
(c) She could easily make a lot more money.
(d) She isn't well.
3. What does Teddy suggest to Ruth after they have been home awhile?
(a) Teddy suggests they change their clothes.
(b) Teddy suggests they light a fire.
(c) Teddy suggests they go to bed.
(d) Teddy suggests they get something to eat.
4. What complaint does Max have about his sons?
(a) Max says that his sons have no ambition.
(b) Max says that his sons always want him to take care of them.
(c) Max says that his sons eat too much.
(d) Max says that his sons are both unfriendly.
5. When Max asks Teddy if he wants to cuddle and kiss his father, what does Max tell the rest of the family about Teddy?
(a) Max says that Teddy and Ruth are not actually married.
(b) Max says that Teddy is smart.
(c) Max says that Teddy is going to stay a long time.
(d) Max says that Teddy still loves his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth tell Lenny about her life before she married Teddy?
2. Why does Max collapse after he verbally abuses Ruth for the first time?
3. What does Teddy tell Max about his life with Ruth?
4. What does Lenny ask Ruth to do?
5. What does Lenny say in response to Max's demand for an explanation of the noise that awoke him?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)