|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lenny first sees Teddy ready to leave with his suitcases nearby, what does he mock Teddy about?
(a) For marrying Ruth
(b) For letting his father dominate him
(c) For still using his childhood nickname
(d) For still being there
2. Why does Max say that when Sam gets married, he should bring his bride home?
(a) Max will tell her the family's history.
(b) There will be a big party.
(c) Max will give her a family heirloom.
(d) She can cook for them.
3. Who is the only character left on stage at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
4. What does Teddy suggest to Ruth after they have been home awhile?
(a) Teddy suggests they change their clothes.
(b) Teddy suggests they get something to eat.
(c) Teddy suggests they light a fire.
(d) Teddy suggests they go to bed.
5. Aside from Teddy's education, why does Lenny say he envies Teddy?
(a) The girls have always liked Teddy.
(b) The family favors Teddy.
(c) Teddy is sensitive.
(d) Teddy is rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lenny say Max used to always like doing?
2. How does Max taunt Joey?
3. On the morning after Teddy and Ruth's arrival, just before Max invites Joey to go out with him for the afternoon, what does Max complain about?
4. How many women appear onstage in the play?
5. The first time Max mentions a man named MacGregor, what does he say about him?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)