|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In response to Teddy's admission of stealing something Lenny was looking for, what does Lenny say about the family's opinion of Teddy?
(a) They always knew he was a thief.
(b) They look up to him.
(c) They think Teddy is selfish.
(d) Teddy is a spoiled brat.
2. When Teddy comes downstairs after his father and brothers have come home from the gym, what does Max ask him?
(a) If he's going to pay rent on the room he's using
(b) If he is going to fight his brothers
(c) If he's leaving soon
(d) If he will put out the fire in the fireplace
3. When Ruth comes downstairs after the men have been discussing her future, what does Teddy tell her about the family discussion they've been having?
(a) They want to tell her about Jessie.
(b) They are surprised that she doesn't like them.
(c) They want to ask her to help support the family.
(d) The family has invited her to stay.
4. What does Max tell Lenny to stop?
(a) Eating so much
(b) Complaining about his job.
(c) Calling him "Dad"
(d) Beating up on his brother
5. What does Lenny say Max used to always like doing?
(a) Playing ball with his sons.
(b) Tucking his sons into bed.
(c) Singing with his sons.
(d) Taking his sons on outings.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city does "The Homecoming" take place?
2. What does Max say about whether or not he followed his father's wishes?
3. What two characters are up early the next morning at the opening of Act I, Scene 3?
4. What does Lenny say when Ruth asks how he knew the prostitute was diseased?
5. After Sam, Lenny, Max, and Teddy have finished lunch and are smoking cigars, on what are they complimenting Ruth?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)