|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam do when Max collapses after verbally abusing Ruth?
(a) Sam goes out the door.
(b) Sam picks up the broken dishes.
(c) Sam goes to help Max.
(d) Sam yells at Joey.
2. Who has fond memories of a father who played with him and took good care of him?
3. Ruth reveals to Lenny that she was born where?
(a) In America
(c) In Australia
(d) In France
4. When Teddy and Ruth are left alone in the living room, how does he try to convince her to go home with him?
(a) He tells her he wants to leave.
(b) He says she is making a poor impression on his family.
(c) He tells her that she could get her old job back.
(d) He reminds her about her sons.
5. In his long speech, what does Teddy say about his family's intelligence level?
(a) They are bright but uneducated.
(b) They misunderstand everything.
(c) They are unintelligent.
(d) They don't have the capacity to understand his writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lenny and Max bicker about?
2. According to Max, when his father was dying, what did he tell Max to do?
3. After Sam, Lenny, Max, and Teddy have finished lunch and are smoking cigars, on what are they complimenting Ruth?
4. Which two characters have been out working when the play begins but come home before Ruth and Teddy arrive?
5. What happens to the person who tries to help Joey after Max has hit him in the stomach?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)