|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth want to do by herself shortly after she and Teddy arrive at the family home?
(a) Ruth wants to eat something.
(b) Ruth wants to take a walk.
(c) Ruth wants to take a nap.
(d) Ruth wants to change her clothes.
2. After Sam reminds Max that he took Jessie out in a limo because he was taking care of her, what does Max call Sam?
(a) A dirty thief
(b) A rotten cheat
(c) A sheep in wolf's clothing
(d) A maggot and a grub
3. After addressing Lenny's concern about not being able to sleep, who does Teddy ask Lenny about?
4. Which character has been on stage all through the first scene of the play?
5. What does Lenny tell Ruth about a diseased prostitute?
(a) Lenny says he took her to a hospital.
(b) Lenny says he was in love with her.
(c) Lenny says he nearly beat her to death.
(d) Lenny says he lectured her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his first appearance in the play, Joey comes home and immediately asks a question about what?
2. Where did the deed to the house come from?
3. What does Lenny say in response to Max's demand for an explanation of the noise that awoke him?
4. How does Sam describe Jessie?
5. Abandoning his search for the scissors, Max lights a cigarette he has gotten from where?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)