|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he first appears in the play, Max enters the living room and is looking for a scissor for what reason?
(a) He wants to cut something out of the paper.
(b) He plans to use them to threaten Lenny.
(c) He wants to trim his hair.
(d) He needs to open a package.
2. What does Max describe as "one flow of stinking pus after another?"
3. What does Lenny tell Ruth about a diseased prostitute?
(a) Lenny says he was in love with her.
(b) Lenny says he lectured her.
(c) Lenny says he took her to a hospital.
(d) Lenny says he nearly beat her to death.
4. Shortly after his arrival at the family home, what does Teddy offer Ruth?
(a) Some family heirlooms
(b) Somewhere to change her clothes
(c) Something to eat and drink
(d) Some old photographs
5. How does Max taunt Joey?
(a) Max says Joey has no girlfriends.
(b) Max says Joey is overweight.
(c) Max says Joey has few skills for his sport.
(d) Max says Joey will never have a good job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lenny tell Ruth he had been asked to help an old woman with?
2. How is Joey related to Max?
3. What occupation does Lenny tell Ruth he's always imagined for himself?
4. As they bicker, what does Max grab as if to hit Lenny?
5. Who is the only character left on stage at the end of Act I, Scene 2?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)