|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Max realizes that Teddy and Ruth are not going to be thrown out of his house, what does Max do?
(a) Max yells at Teddy.
(b) Max hits Joey.
(c) Max tries to throw Ruth out the door.
(d) Max throws a dish at the wall.
2. How is Joey related to Max?
(a) Max and Joey are brothers.
(b) Max is Joey's uncle.
(c) Max and Joey are cousins.
(d) Max is Joey's father.
3. Where did the deed to the house come from?
(a) It was an inheritance.
(b) It was won in a poker game.
(c) It was a foreclosure.
(d) Max bought the house as a young man.
4. What occupation does Lenny tell Ruth he's always imagined for himself?
5. Where does Ruth tell Lenny she and Teddy live?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sam, Teddy. Joey, and Lenny do after Max physically abuses Sam?
2. When Sam comes in from the kitchen, what emotion of Sam's does Max say he doesn't understand?
3. According to Max, when his father was dying, what did he tell Max to do?
4. On the morning after Teddy and Ruth's arrival, just before Max invites Joey to go out with him for the afternoon, what does Max complain about?
5. What does Lenny say when Ruth asks how he knew the prostitute was diseased?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)