|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Max respond to Lenny's question right after Max wakes up?
(a) Max reassures Lenny.
(b) Max tells Lenny to leave.
(c) Max spits at Lenny.
(d) Max hits Lenny with a cane.
2. How many women appear onstage in the play?
3. What does Max say he could instinctively know?
(a) Whether or not a girl would go out with him
(b) Whether or not an employer would hire him
(c) Whether or not a female horse would go the distance
(d) Whether or not a used car had been in an accident
4. What is Sam doing in the kitchen during Max's and Joey's discussion about going out together?
(a) Sam is washing the dishes.
(b) Sam is talking to Lenny.
(c) Sam is chopping carrots.
(d) Sam is repairing the radio.
5. After she finishes her water, where does Ruth go?
(b) Outside on the front porch
(c) Outside for a walk
(d) Into the kitchen
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey say when Max tells him that he will have time to do what he needs to do and still be able to go with Max?
2. What does Lenny say in response to Max's demand for an explanation of the noise that awoke him?
3. On what subject does Lenny ask Max for advice?
4. As they bicker, what does Max grab as if to hit Lenny?
5. In his first appearance in the play, Joey comes home and immediately asks a question about what?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)