|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teddy reassure Ruth about?
(a) Their new car
(b) The thunderstorm
(c) Her appearance
(d) Meeting his family
2. What does Sam brag about?
(a) Being the best chauffeur in the firm
(b) Being the most requested security guard
(c) Being the best cook in the restaurant
(d) Being the most productive worker in the factory
3. Why does Max say that when Sam gets married, he should bring his bride home?
(a) There will be a big party.
(b) Max will give her a family heirloom.
(c) Max will tell her the family's history.
(d) She can cook for them.
4. What does Lenny give Ruth after Teddy goes upstairs?
(b) A glass of water
(c) A family photo
(d) Teddy's old books
5. Where did the deed to the house come from?
(a) Max bought the house as a young man.
(b) It was a foreclosure.
(c) It was won in a poker game.
(d) It was an inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many women appear onstage in the play?
2. What does Ruth want to do by herself shortly after she and Teddy arrive at the family home?
3. When Max realizes that Teddy and Ruth are not going to be thrown out of his house, what does Max do?
4. Which character does Max refer to as a "maggot" and a "grub"?
5. What does Max say he could instinctively know?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)