|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters have been out working when the play begins but come home before Ruth and Teddy arrive?
(a) Joey and Sam
(b) Joey and Max
(c) Lenny and Sam
(d) Max and Sam
2. Why does Max collapse after he verbally abuses Ruth for the first time?
(a) Max collapses from grief.
(b) Max collapses from his heart ailment.
(c) Max collapses when he sees he is cut badly.
(d) Max collapses from the exertion of hitting Joey.
3. What does Max say he could instinctively know?
(a) Whether or not an employer would hire him
(b) Whether or not a female horse would go the distance
(c) Whether or not a girl would go out with him
(d) Whether or not a used car had been in an accident
4. After chastising Teddy for bringing Ruth into his house, who does Max ask to throw Ruth and Teddy out?
(a) The neighbor
5. What does Max do to Sam when Sam tries to help Max after he collapses?
(a) Max throws a dish at Sam.
(b) Max yells out Sam's secret.
(c) Max punches Sam in the stomach.
(d) Max hits Sam with his cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joey respond to Max's invitation to spend the afternoon with him?
2. Who told Lenny earlier that his father is going to get a surprise in the morning?
3. What does Sam say to Max about why Sam helped take care of Jessie?
4. What does Teddy tell Ruth about the house?
5. How are Teddy and Ruth related to Max?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)