|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Max, when his father was dying, what did he tell Max to do?
(a) He told Max to sell the house.
(b) He told Max not to let Sam get away with anything.
(c) He told Max where to find money he had hidden.
(d) He told Max to take care of his brothers.
2. The first time Max meets Ruth, what doe Teddy tell Max about her?
(a) Teddy tells Max that Ruth is his wife.
(b) Teddy says that he is planning to just stay overnight.
(c) Teddy tells Max that Ruth is his girlfriend.
(d) Teddy tells Max that he lives in New York.
3. What complaint does Max have about his sons?
(a) Max says that his sons always want him to take care of them.
(b) Max says that his sons eat too much.
(c) Max says that his sons are both unfriendly.
(d) Max says that his sons have no ambition.
4. At the end of the first scene, what does Max reveal about MacGregor?
(a) MacGregor was Max's football coach.
(b) MacGregor lived next door until he died.
(c) MacGregor tried to steal the deed to the house.
(d) MacGregor was Max's father.
5. After Max criticizes Sam about his contributions to the family, what does Sam suggest that Max do?
(a) Sam suggests they all go to a football game.
(b) Sam suggests that Max get over his resentment.
(c) Sam suggests that Max finish washing the dishes.
(d) Sam suggests they wake everyone up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nature of the family business?
2. Shortly after his arrival at the family home, what does Teddy offer Ruth?
3. Who has fond memories of a father who played with him and took good care of him?
4. What does Lenny tell Ruth about a diseased prostitute?
5. When he first appears in the play, Max enters the living room and is looking for a scissor for what reason?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)