|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his collapse, Max talks with Ruth about her children and then asks Teddy to do what?
(a) Max asks Teddy to give the family some money.
(b) Max asks Teddy to stay for a few more days.
(c) Max asks Teddy if he wants to cuddle and kiss his father.
(d) Max asks Teddy to take Ruth out of the house.
2. When Max sees Ruth for the first time, what does he ask Teddy?
(a) Max asks where Teddy is living.
(b) Max asks if Teddy has a job.
(c) Max asks who gave him permission to bring a tart into the house.
(d) Max asks how long he is planning to stay.
3. What is the relationship between the two characters who are up early at the beginning of Act I, Scene 3?
(a) Father and Son
(b) Uncle and Nephew
(d) Husband and wife
4. After Sam reminds Max that he took Jessie out in a limo because he was taking care of her, what does Max call Sam?
(a) A dirty thief
(b) A maggot and a grub
(c) A sheep in wolf's clothing
(d) A rotten cheat
5. Which character does Max refer to as a "maggot" and a "grub"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Max, what made Sam a bad son?
2. What does Lenny ask Ruth to do?
3. Where does Ruth say she and Teddy have been vacationing?
4. What does Teddy reassure Ruth about?
5. How many women appear onstage in the play?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)