|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth call Lenny?
(b) Little Baby
(d) Mr. Mean
2. What does Lenny want Max to tell him?
(a) If his parents were trying to have a baby or if his conception was an accident
(b) Why he gets blamed for everything that happens
(c) If he was going to inherit the house someday
(d) Why no one would ever loan him any money
3. Which two characters have been out working when the play begins but come home before Ruth and Teddy arrive?
(a) Joey and Sam
(b) Lenny and Sam
(c) Max and Sam
(d) Joey and Max
4. When Max asks Teddy if he wants to cuddle and kiss his father, what does Max tell the rest of the family about Teddy?
(a) Max says that Teddy and Ruth are not actually married.
(b) Max says that Teddy is smart.
(c) Max says that Teddy still loves his father.
(d) Max says that Teddy is going to stay a long time.
5. After she finishes her water, where does Ruth go?
(a) Outside on the front porch
(b) Into the kitchen
(c) Outside for a walk
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joey respond to Max's invitation to spend the afternoon with him?
2. Why does Max say that when Sam gets married, he should bring his bride home?
3. What does Sam do when Max collapses after verbally abusing Ruth?
4. How long does Teddy tell Lenny he will be staying?
5. Why does Max collapse after he verbally abuses Ruth for the first time?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)