|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Max say that when Sam gets married, he should bring his bride home?
(a) She can cook for them.
(b) Max will tell her the family's history.
(c) Max will give her a family heirloom.
(d) There will be a big party.
2. Where does Ruth tell Lenny she and Teddy live?
3. What does Teddy suggest to Ruth after they have been home awhile?
(a) Teddy suggests they change their clothes.
(b) Teddy suggests they get something to eat.
(c) Teddy suggests they go to bed.
(d) Teddy suggests they light a fire.
4. When Max realizes that Teddy and Ruth are not going to be thrown out of his house, what does Max do?
(a) Max yells at Teddy.
(b) Max throws a dish at the wall.
(c) Max hits Joey.
(d) Max tries to throw Ruth out the door.
5. After chastising Teddy for bringing Ruth into his house, who does Max ask to throw Ruth and Teddy out?
(d) The neighbor
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sam describe Jessie?
2. What does Ruth want to do by herself shortly after she and Teddy arrive at the family home?
3. In his first appearance in the play, Joey comes home and immediately asks a question about what?
4. As they bicker, what does Max grab as if to hit Lenny?
5. After Max criticizes Sam about his contributions to the family, what does Sam suggest that Max do?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)