|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Jessie?
(a) Max's wife
(b) A former neighbor
(c) Lenny's wife
(d) Sam and Max's sister
2. What does Max want Sam to do when Joey goes upstairs?
(a) Max wants Sam to go upstairs.
(b) Max wants Sam to eat dinner with him.
(c) Max wants Sam to drive him to the drugstore.
(d) Max wants Sam to agree with about his criticism of Joey.
3. According to Max, when his father was dying, what did he tell Max to do?
(a) He told Max not to let Sam get away with anything.
(b) He told Max to sell the house.
(c) He told Max to take care of his brothers.
(d) He told Max where to find money he had hidden.
4. How does Joey respond to Max's invitation to spend the afternoon with him?
(a) Joey says he has to repair the roof.
(b) Joey says he has to work on his car.
(c) Joey says he has to do an errand for Sam.
(d) Joey says he has to train.
5. When he first appears in the play, Max enters the living room and is looking for a scissor for what reason?
(a) He plans to use them to threaten Lenny.
(b) He wants to trim his hair.
(c) He needs to open a package.
(d) He wants to cut something out of the paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Max say that when Sam gets married, he should bring his bride home?
2. When Teddy and Ruth first arrive at the family home, what does Ruth say she is feeling?
3. How is Joey related to Max?
4. When Max realizes that Teddy and Ruth are not going to be thrown out of his house, what does Max do?
5. What complaint does Max have about his sons?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)