|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Max hits Joey in the stomach because Joey doesn't obey him, who moves to help Joey?
2. When Sam comes in from the kitchen, what does Max accuse Sam of doing?
(a) Taking other people's sides
(b) Breaking the radio
(c) Making noise out of resentment
(d) Forgetting to pick up the groceries
3. To whom does Max compare Sam?
(b) Himself (Max)
4. When Teddy and Ruth come downstairs and Max sees them for the first time, what does he want to know?
(a) If someone gave Teddy and Ruth breakfast
(b) If Sam had given Teddy and Ruth a wedding gift
(c) If anyone knew Teddy and Ruth were in the house
(d) If Lenny and Joey had made too much noise during the night
5. Which two characters have been out working when the play begins but come home before Ruth and Teddy arrive?
(a) Lenny and Sam
(b) Joey and Max
(c) Joey and Sam
(d) Max and Sam
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Max refer to as a "maggot" and a "grub"?
2. What does Max do to Sam when Sam tries to help Max after he collapses?
3. What does Lenny say Max used to always like doing?
4. When Lenny comes downstairs, what reason does he give for not being able to sleep?
5. How does Max taunt Joey?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)