|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaint does Max have about his sons?
(a) Max says that his sons eat too much.
(b) Max says that his sons always want him to take care of them.
(c) Max says that his sons have no ambition.
(d) Max says that his sons are both unfriendly.
2. What does Max say he could instinctively know?
(a) Whether or not a female horse would go the distance
(b) Whether or not a girl would go out with him
(c) Whether or not a used car had been in an accident
(d) Whether or not an employer would hire him
3. What is the relationship between the two characters who are up early at the beginning of Act I, Scene 3?
(a) Husband and wife
(b) Father and Son
(d) Uncle and Nephew
4. What does Lenny say in response to Max's demand for an explanation of the noise that awoke him?
(a) Lenny tells Max that Sam turned up the radio.
(b) Lenny blames the noise on Joey and his friends.
(c) Lenny asks Max about the night he was conceived.
(d) Lenny asks Max to loan him some money.
5. When Sam comes in from the kitchen, what emotion of Sam's does Max say he doesn't understand?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Joey related to Sam?
2. How are Teddy and Ruth related to Max?
3. Where did the deed to the house come from?
4. When Lenny comes downstairs, what reason does he give for not being able to sleep?
5. What occupation does Lenny tell Ruth he's always imagined for himself?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)