|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max describe as "one flow of stinking pus after another?"
2. What do Sam, Teddy. Joey, and Lenny do after Max physically abuses Sam?
(a) Everyone leaves the room.
(b) Everyone looks at Ruth.
(c) Everyone is still.
(d) Everyone places blame where they think it is due.
3. What does Ruth want to do by herself shortly after she and Teddy arrive at the family home?
(a) Ruth wants to take a nap.
(b) Ruth wants to eat something.
(c) Ruth wants to take a walk.
(d) Ruth wants to change her clothes.
4. On what subject does Lenny ask Max for advice?
(a) Buying a used car
(b) Finding a new job
(c) Dating a girl
(d) Betting on a horse
5. On the morning after Teddy and Ruth's arrival, what does Max invite Joey to do in the afternoon?
(a) Go to the horse races.
(b) Go to a football game.
(c) Go to a movie.
(d) Drive to the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ruth tell Lenny she and Teddy live?
2. After chastising Teddy for bringing Ruth into his house, who does Max ask to throw Ruth and Teddy out?
3. What does Lenny ask Ruth to do?
4. What two characters are up early the next morning at the opening of Act I, Scene 3?
5. When he first arrives home, what does Teddy find out about his room?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)