|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam do before he leaves for work after lunch?
(a) Sam washes the breakfast dishes.
(b) Sam shakes Ruth's hand.
(c) Sam tells Teddy a secret.
(d) Sam tries to get Max to apologize.
2. When Sam comes in from the kitchen, what does Max accuse Sam of doing?
(a) Making noise out of resentment
(b) Taking other people's sides
(c) Forgetting to pick up the groceries
(d) Breaking the radio
3. Shortly after his arrival at the family home, what does Teddy offer Ruth?
(a) Some old photographs
(b) Somewhere to change her clothes
(c) Something to eat and drink
(d) Some family heirlooms
4. Where does Lenny tell Ruth he thinks Teddy has been?
5. How long ago did Teddy move out of the family home?
(a) Several days
(b) Many years
(c) Several months
(d) A week
Short Answer Questions
1. When Teddy and Ruth come downstairs and Max sees them for the first time, what does he want to know?
2. After Max recovers from his collapse, what does he ask Ruth?
3. What two characters are up early the next morning at the opening of Act I, Scene 3?
4. Why does Max collapse after he verbally abuses Ruth for the first time?
5. When Lenny gets flustered, what does Ruth do?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)