|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After questioning Teddy , what does Max say about Ruth?
(a) She is lucky Teddy married her.
(b) She should leave.
(c) She is a good cook.
(d) She is a woman of feeling.
2. When Teddy and Ruth are left alone in the living room, how does he try to convince her to go home with him?
(a) He tells her that she could get her old job back.
(b) He tells her he wants to leave.
(c) He reminds her about her sons.
(d) He says she is making a poor impression on his family.
3. Just before the end of Act Two, Scene 1, What does Teddy give a long speech about?
(a) How his mother would be proud of him
(b) How families shouldn't argue
(c) Why he needs to leave
(d) How important his works are
4. Who told Lenny earlier that his father is going to get a surprise in the morning?
5. In the conversation after lunch, what happens when Teddy can't answer the question Lenny asks him?
(a) Lenny pushes Teddy harder and begins to mock him.
(b) Lenny tells Teddy to take his time answering.
(c) Lenny asks Ruth to answer the question for Teddy.
(d) Lenny tells Teddy to forget about the question.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his collapse, Max talks with Ruth about her children and then asks Teddy to do what?
2. Who, instead of Max, does Lenny say he should have asked for an answer to a question that's been bothering him?
3. When Sam comes in from the kitchen, what does Max accuse Sam of doing?
4. In his long speech, what does Teddy call the members of his family?
5. When Lenny comes downstairs, what reason does he give for not being able to sleep?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)