|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teddy tell Max about his life with Ruth?
(a) Teddy says he and his wife argue about money.
(b) Teddy says every couple has problems.
(c) Teddy says they have a good home and a good life.
(d) Teddy says it's hard having no relatives around.
2. What does Ruth dare Lenny to do?
(a) Tell her a secret.
(b) Sit on her lap and take a sip from a glass.
(c) Wake everyone up.
(d) Kiss her.
3. What does Lenny say when Ruth asks how he knew the prostitute was diseased?
(a) Lenny says a buddy told him the prostitute was diseased.
(b) Lenny says the prostitute told him she was diseased.
(c) Lenny says he just decided she was diseased.
(d) Lenny says the prostitute's mother told him she was diseased.
4. When trying to convince her to go home with him, what does Teddy remind Ruth of?
(a) He says she is making a poor impression on his family.
(b) He reminds her about her sons.
(c) He talks about taking a new trip.
(d) He tells her about his childhood.
5. In his long speech, what does Teddy say about his family's intelligence level?
(a) They misunderstand everything.
(b) They are bright but uneducated.
(c) They don't have the capacity to understand his writing.
(d) They are unintelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth say Teddy was nervous about before they came to the family home for this visit?
2. How does Max respond to Lenny's question right after Max wakes up?
3. How many children does Ruth have?
4. Just before the end of Act Two, Scene 1, What does Teddy give a long speech about?
5. Which two characters have been out working when the play begins but come home before Ruth and Teddy arrive?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)