|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Teddy and Ruth are left alone in the living room, how does he try to convince her to go home with him?
(a) He reminds her about her sons.
(b) He tells her that she could get her old job back.
(c) He says she is making a poor impression on his family.
(d) He tells her he wants to leave.
2. Just before the end of Act Two, Scene 1, What does Teddy give a long speech about?
(a) How families shouldn't argue
(b) How important his works are
(c) How his mother would be proud of him
(d) Why he needs to leave
3. When Max and Joey leave after the conversation between Lenny and Ruth, who goes with them?
4. As Lenny joins the conversation that Ruth, Lenny, and Teddy have been engaged in after lunch, what subject does Lenny ask Teddy about?
(a) Lenny asks if Teddy is a good father.
(b) Lenny asks if Teddy makes enough money to support his family.
(c) Lenny asks Teddy why it's taken him so long to visit.
(d) Lenny asks a question about being a doctor of philosophy.
5. The first time Max meets Ruth, what doe Teddy tell Max about her?
(a) Teddy says that he is planning to just stay overnight.
(b) Teddy tells Max that Ruth is his wife.
(c) Teddy tells Max that he lives in New York.
(d) Teddy tells Max that Ruth is his girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his long speech, what does Tedd say he won't do?
2. In reminiscing after lunch, what does Max refer to Jessie as?
3. What does Lenny want Max to tell him?
4. According to Max, what made Sam a bad son?
5. What did Lenny tell Ruth he had been asked to help an old woman with?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)