|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Max, when his father was dying, what did he tell Max to do?
(a) He told Max to sell the house.
(b) He told Max to take care of his brothers.
(c) He told Max where to find money he had hidden.
(d) He told Max not to let Sam get away with anything.
2. When trying to convince her to go home with him, what does Teddy remind Ruth of?
(a) He tells her about his childhood.
(b) He talks about taking a new trip.
(c) He says she is making a poor impression on his family.
(d) He reminds her about her sons.
3. How many women appear onstage in the play?
4. To whom does Max compare Sam?
(c) Himself (Max)
5. When Sam comes in from the kitchen, what does Max accuse Sam of doing?
(a) Taking other people's sides
(b) Making noise out of resentment
(c) Forgetting to pick up the groceries
(d) Breaking the radio
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lenny say in response to Max's demand for an explanation of the noise that awoke him?
2. What comparison does Ruth use in her discussion with Lenny after Teddy has been mocked by Lenny?
3. When Teddy comes downstairs while Ruth and Lenny are talking together, what does Lenny do?
4. What does Ruth want to do by herself shortly after she and Teddy arrive at the family home?
5. What do Sam, Teddy. Joey, and Lenny do after Max physically abuses Sam?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)