|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After chastising Teddy for bringing Ruth into his house, who does Max ask to throw Ruth and Teddy out?
(c) The neighbor
2. What does Lenny say he did to the old woman instead of helping her?
(a) Laughed at her
(b) Hit her
(c) Gave her some money
(d) Got someone else to help her
3. What does Teddy tell Max about his life with Ruth?
(a) Teddy says they have a good home and a good life.
(b) Teddy says it's hard having no relatives around.
(c) Teddy says he and his wife argue about money.
(d) Teddy says every couple has problems.
4. Why does Max collapse after he verbally abuses Ruth for the first time?
(a) Max collapses from his heart ailment.
(b) Max collapses when he sees he is cut badly.
(c) Max collapses from grief.
(d) Max collapses from the exertion of hitting Joey.
5. Ruth reveals to Lenny that she was born where?
(a) In France
(b) In Australia
(c) In America
Short Answer Questions
1. In the conversation after lunch, what happens when Teddy can't answer the question Lenny asks him?
2. After addressing Lenny's concern about not being able to sleep, who does Teddy ask Lenny about?
3. After she has gotten up off the floor, what does Ruth ask Teddy?
4. What is the relationship between the two characters who are up early at the beginning of Act I, Scene 3?
5. After Ruth falls onto the floor, what does she ask for?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)