|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which country is the PSUC closely associated?
2. What part of Orwell's body does the bullet penetrate?
(a) His arm.
(b) His neck.
(c) His leg.
(d) His shoulder.
3. What does Orwell say Franco stands for?
(b) A military government.
(c) The old Feudal order.
4. What is the name of the small political organization which publishes a radical leaflet calling for sustained revolution?
(b) Looting Goodness.
(c) The Enemies of Evil.
(d) The Friends of Durruti.
5. What celebration does Orwell say does not take place due to political tension?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) Summer Soltice.
(c) May Day.
(d) New Year's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group is Bob Smilie a part of?
2. Who rushes across the street to stop the fighting?
3. What kind of organization does POUM label PSUC?
4. Which of his friends does Orwell hear is dead?
5. To where is Orwell first evacuated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Sanatorium Maurin?
2. What trouble is brewing in Barcelona?
3. Why does Orwell want to start fighting in Madrid?
4. Why is visiting Kopp dangerous?
5. How do the government troops defuse the situation in Barcelona?
6. How does Orwell hide from the police?
7. Why is Kopp getting no help from the Belgian government?
8. What does Orwell think about the Communist tactics in Chapter 10?
9. How does Orwell get his wound examined?
10. What act of bravery does Kopp perform in Chapter 10?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)