|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rank is Benjamin promoted to in Chapter 12?
2. Who runs the Sanatorium Maurin?
3. Which of Orwell's friends is also recovering at the Maurin?
4. Who do the POUM fight with in the Hotel Falcon?
(a) The hotel staff.
(b) The Popular Army.
(d) The Civil Guards.
5. What kind of organization does POUM label PSUC?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the small political organization which publishes a radical leaflet calling for sustained revolution?
2. Who does Orwell telephone in Chapter 10?
3. From what is Williams suffering?
4. Which group publicly distanced itself from The Friends of Durruti's poster?
5. What kind of fighting does Kopp tell his men they have been ordered to engage in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Republican government stand for?
2. Why did the government say POUM was a Fascist subversive element?
3. How are POUM members having problems in Chapter 13?
4. What bad news do the POUM units hear in Chapter 12?
5. What trouble is brewing in Barcelona?
6. How does Orwell get his wound examined?
7. Why is visiting Kopp dangerous?
8. Why is Kopp getting no help from the Belgian government?
9. How do the Communists try to suppress POUM?
10. What does Franco stand for?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)