|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Spanish government take over in May?
(a) The telephone exchange.
(b) The post office.
(c) The military barracks.
(d) The central police barracks.
2. What is the name of the hotel Orwell goes to when the fighting breaks out?
(a) Hotel Falcon.
(b) Hotel Hooves.
(c) Hotel Wren.
(d) Hotel Eagle.
3. What does Orwell say Franco stands for?
(a) A military government.
(b) The old Feudal order.
4. What is the name of the POUM leader?
(a) Andre Gide.
(b) Alfred Molina.
(c) George Orwell.
(d) Andry Nin.
5. What organization announces McNair's arrest while he is in France?
(a) A news program.
(b) A radio show.
(c) A poster.
(d) A newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rank is Orwell promoted to in Chapter 12?
2. What political leader does Orwell want Spain to reject?
3. Why is Smilie arrested at the border?
4. What rank is Kopp promoted to in Chapter 12?
5. Who does Orwell try to get released?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the rumors surrounding the attack on the telephone exchange?
2. What act of bravery does Kopp perform in Chapter 10?
3. Why was the working class in Barcelona becoming increasingly resentful?
4. What is the Sanatorium Maurin?
5. How do Orwell and his wife get back to England?
6. How does Orwell get his wound examined?
7. Why is visiting Kopp dangerous?
8. How does Orwell get back to Barcelona?
9. Why are snipers a problem in Chapter 12?
10. How has Barcelona changed in Chapter 13?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)