|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group is Bob Smilie a part of?
2. What country is Kopp from?
3. Who does Orwell try to get released?
4. To what city does Kopp say he is traveling?
5. Who joins Orwell at the end of the chapter?
(a) His son.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the PSUC intend to blame for all the trouble?
2. Which group publicly distanced itself from The Friends of Durruti's poster?
3. In what month does fighting break out in Barcelona?
4. With which country is the PSUC closely associated?
5. Who ordered the attack on the telephone exchange?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Orwell get his wound examined?
2. Why are snipers a problem in Chapter 12?
3. Why is visiting Kopp dangerous?
4. How do the Communists try to suppress POUM?
5. What trouble is brewing in Barcelona?
6. How do Orwell and his wife get back to England?
7. What act of bravery does Kopp perform in Chapter 10?
8. What is the Sanatorium Maurin?
9. Why is Kopp getting no help from the Belgian government?
10. How are POUM members having problems in Chapter 13?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)