|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who raids Orwell's hospital room?
(a) The Civil Guards.
(b) The police.
(c) The Nazis.
(d) The Popular Army.
2. Which group has gained control of Barcelona?
3. What rank is Orwell promoted to in Chapter 12?
(b) 1st Lieutenant.
(c) 2nd Lieutenant.
4. What kind of organization does POUM label PSUC?
5. Who do the POUM fight with in the Hotel Falcon?
(b) The hotel staff.
(c) The Popular Army.
(d) The Civil Guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Orwell travel to at the end of the book?
2. What does Orwell say is scarce in Barcelona?
3. What kind of weapon does Orwell manage to procure from the black market?
4. What does Orwell say Franco stands for?
5. What does Orwell want to write?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Orwell stop trying to help Kopp?
2. How do the POUM militiamen react to Orwell's presence at the prison?
3. What act of bravery does Kopp perform in Chapter 10?
4. Why does fighting break out in Barcelona at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. How does Orwell get back to Barcelona?
6. How do the government troops defuse the situation in Barcelona?
7. Why is visiting Kopp dangerous?
8. What are the rumors surrounding the attack on the telephone exchange?
9. Why does Orwell decide the Spanish Civil War is still important?
10. How does Orwell get his wound examined?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)