|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the POUM leader?
(a) Alfred Molina.
(b) Andry Nin.
(c) George Orwell.
(d) Andre Gide.
2. To where is Orwell first evacuated?
3. What organization announces McNair's arrest while he is in France?
(a) A poster.
(b) A news program.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A radio show.
4. Where is Orwell's wound examined for the first time?
5. Who does Orwell try to get released?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Civil Guards want CNT to surrender?
2. What rank is Benjamin promoted to in Chapter 12?
3. From what city do the Assault Guards arrive?
4. What does Orwell say has ended in defeat?
5. Who runs the Sanatorium Maurin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the government troops defuse the situation in Barcelona?
2. How are POUM members having problems in Chapter 13?
3. How has Barcelona changed in Chapter 13?
4. What bad news do the POUM units hear in Chapter 12?
5. How do the POUM militiamen react to Orwell's presence at the prison?
6. How does Orwell get back to Barcelona?
7. Why was the working class in Barcelona becoming increasingly resentful?
8. Why does Orwell stop trying to help Kopp?
9. What does the Republican government stand for?
10. How does Orwell get his wound examined?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)