|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not Anarchist?
2. What kind of gun strikes down Orwell?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A machine gun.
(d) A sniper.
3. For which of the POUM members has the government issued a warrant?
4. What does Orwell describe the Communists political maneuverings as?
(a) A swamp.
(b) A dart board.
(c) A cesspool.
(d) A genocide.
5. What is erected in the city the next morning?
(a) Tower blocks.
(b) Watch towers.
(c) Gunner towers.
(d) Street barricades.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Orwell travel to at the end of the book?
2. Who does the PSUC intend to blame for all the trouble?
3. What kind of weapon does Orwell manage to procure from the black market?
4. What does Orwell say are the two main political groups in Spain?
5. What does Orwell say the Popular Army is forcing people to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Orwell decide the Spanish Civil War is still important?
2. What act of bravery does Kopp perform in Chapter 10?
3. What is the Sanatorium Maurin?
4. Why was the working class in Barcelona becoming increasingly resentful?
5. How do the Communists try to suppress POUM?
6. What does the Republican government stand for?
7. How has Barcelona changed in Chapter 13?
8. Why is Kopp getting no help from the Belgian government?
9. What are the rumors surrounding the attack on the telephone exchange?
10. How do the government troops defuse the situation in Barcelona?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)