|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell say are the two main political groups in Spain?
(a) The Communists and the Capitalists.
(b) The Communists and the Anarchists.
(c) The Fascists and the Anarchists.
(d) The Fascists and the Capitalists.
2. What rank is Kopp promoted to in Chapter 12?
(c) 2nd Lieutenant.
3. From what disease is Cottman suffering?
(a) The Chicken Pox.
(b) The Measles.
(c) Small Pox.
4. What does Orwell say Franco stands for?
(b) The old Feudal order.
(d) A military government.
5. Which group in Barcelona does Orwell say can get almost anything?
(a) The peasants.
(b) The military.
(c) The rich.
(d) The government officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what city do the Assault Guards arrive?
2. Which city in Spain do people say is still revolutionary?
3. Who is the PSUC trying to disarm?
4. What city does Orwell say houses the Spanish national government?
5. What country is Kopp from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What act of bravery does Kopp perform in Chapter 10?
2. How do Orwell and his wife get back to England?
3. Why does Orwell stop trying to help Kopp?
4. How are POUM members having problems in Chapter 13?
5. What bad news do the POUM units hear in Chapter 12?
6. What does Orwell think about the Communist tactics in Chapter 10?
7. How do the POUM militiamen react to Orwell's presence at the prison?
8. What does the Republican government stand for?
9. How has Barcelona changed in Chapter 13?
10. Why are snipers a problem in Chapter 12?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)