|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Orwell try to get released?
2. What do the Civil Guards want CNT to surrender?
(a) The telephone exchange.
(b) The postal system.
(c) The city libraries.
(d) The police force.
3. What does Orwell say has returned to Barcelona?
(a) Class and privilege.
(b) Snobbery and hatred.
(c) Chaos and disorder.
(d) Peace and calm.
4. What does Orwell say has ended in defeat?
(a) The fight against Fascism.
(b) The social revolution.
(c) The fight against Communism.
(d) The Upper class revolution.
5. Where is Orwell invited to transfer to at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) The Civil Guards.
(d) The International Column.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Orwell spend time recuperating in Chapter 13?
2. What kind of weapon does Orwell manage to procure from the black market?
3. Who is the PSUC trying to disarm?
4. What political leader does Orwell want Spain to reject?
5. Who runs the Sanatorium Maurin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Orwell stop trying to help Kopp?
2. How do the government troops defuse the situation in Barcelona?
3. What proof does Orwell provide to show POUM was not a Fascist organization?
4. How does Orwell hide from the police?
5. Why are snipers a problem in Chapter 12?
6. What trouble is brewing in Barcelona?
7. What does the Republican government stand for?
8. Why was the working class in Barcelona becoming increasingly resentful?
9. How do the POUM militiamen react to Orwell's presence at the prison?
10. Why does fighting break out in Barcelona at the beginning of Chapter 10?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)