|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell describe the Communists political maneuverings as?
(a) A cesspool.
(b) A dart board.
(c) A swamp.
(d) A genocide.
2. What organization announces McNair's arrest while he is in France?
(a) A poster.
(b) A radio show.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A news program.
3. What does the Spanish government take over in May?
(a) The telephone exchange.
(b) The military barracks.
(c) The central police barracks.
(d) The post office.
4. What do Orwell and a few others volunteer as at the POUM headquarters?
(c) Foot soldiers.
5. What does Orwell decide to get before he is transferred?
(a) A uniform.
(b) A gun.
(d) A sun hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what city do the government soldiers arrive?
2. What rank is Benjamin promoted to in Chapter 12?
3. Who does Orwell telephone in Chapter 10?
4. Which group in Barcelona does Orwell say can get almost anything?
5. In what month does fighting break out in Barcelona?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)