|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does fighting break out in Barcelona?
2. What does the Spanish government take over in May?
(a) The telephone exchange.
(b) The post office.
(c) The military barracks.
(d) The central police barracks.
3. What does Orwell want to write?
(a) An anti-Fascist article.
(b) A letter in defense of Kopp.
(c) A book about Prison torture.
(d) A letter in defense of Franco.
4. Who does Orwell try to get released?
5. Which group publicly distanced itself from The Friends of Durruti's poster?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city in Spain do people say is still revolutionary?
2. Whose tactic does Orwell say disgusts him?
3. Who rushes across the street to stop the fighting?
4. What does Orwell say a fat man eats while children beg for bread?
5. What does Orwell say Franco stands for?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)