|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell say Franco stands for?
(b) A military government.
(c) The old Feudal order.
2. Who does the government's heavily armed police force exclude?
(a) Trade union members.
(d) Fascist officers.
3. What part of Orwell's body does the bullet penetrate?
(a) His arm.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His neck.
(d) His leg.
4. What neighborhoods did CNT-FAI and POUM hold?
(a) Working class neighborhoods.
(b) Jewish neighborhoods.
(c) Student neighborhoods.
(d) Upper class neighborhoods.
5. Who does the PSUC intend to blame for all the trouble?
(c) The Popular Army.
(d) The Civil Guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel Orwell goes to when the fighting breaks out?
2. What is the name of the POUM leader?
3. What is the name of the small political organization which publishes a radical leaflet calling for sustained revolution?
4. What does the Spanish government take over in May?
5. What group is Bob Smilie a part of?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)