|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Civil Guards want CNT to surrender?
(a) The police force.
(b) The telephone exchange.
(c) The city libraries.
(d) The postal system.
2. What is erected in the city the next morning?
(a) Gunner towers.
(b) Watch towers.
(c) Tower blocks.
(d) Street barricades.
3. Where does Orwell say pistols are almost unobtainable?
(c) The enemy line.
(d) The frontline.
4. Where is Orwell invited to transfer to at the end of Chapter 10?
(c) The International Column.
(d) The Civil Guards.
5. What does the Spanish government order everyone to surrender?
(a) Privately owned land.
(b) Privately owned vehicles.
(c) Privately owned businesses.
(d) Privately owned weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Orwell's body does the bullet penetrate?
2. In what country is Kopp considered a criminal?
3. Which group has gained control of Barcelona?
4. What do Orwell and a few others volunteer as at the POUM headquarters?
5. What does Orwell say is scarce in Barcelona?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Orwell stop trying to help Kopp?
2. Why is visiting Kopp dangerous?
3. What act of bravery does Kopp perform in Chapter 10?
4. Why does fighting break out in Barcelona at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. What trouble is brewing in Barcelona?
6. What is the Sanatorium Maurin?
7. How are POUM members having problems in Chapter 13?
8. Why did the government say POUM was a Fascist subversive element?
9. What does Franco stand for?
10. How does Orwell get his wound examined?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)