|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does Orwell travel to at the end of the book?
2. What does Orwell say is scarce in Barcelona?
3. Who does Orwell telephone in Chapter 10?
(a) His brother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His son.
4. Where does Orwell visit Kopp?
(a) Hotel Falcon.
(d) The trenches.
5. What do the Civil Guards want CNT to surrender?
(a) The police force.
(b) The postal system.
(c) The city libraries.
(d) The telephone exchange.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unit does Orwell want to be transferred to?
2. What is the name of the hotel Orwell goes to when the fighting breaks out?
3. What does Orwell say the Popular Army is forcing people to do?
4. What is the name of the POUM leader?
5. How does Orwell describe the atmosphere in Barcelona?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are POUM members having problems in Chapter 13?
2. How has Barcelona changed when Orwell returns?
3. What does Orwell think about the Communist tactics in Chapter 10?
4. How do the Communists try to suppress POUM?
5. Why are snipers a problem in Chapter 12?
6. How does Orwell get his wound examined?
7. Why was the working class in Barcelona becoming increasingly resentful?
8. Why does fighting break out in Barcelona at the beginning of Chapter 10?
9. How do the POUM militiamen react to Orwell's presence at the prison?
10. Why is Kopp getting no help from the Belgian government?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)