|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does Orwell decide travel to go to complete his recovery?
2. What does Orwell describe the Communists political maneuverings as?
(a) A swamp.
(b) A genocide.
(c) A cesspool.
(d) A dart board.
3. Who does Orwell meet on his return to Barcelona?
4. Which of his friends does Orwell hear is dead?
5. How does Orwell describe the atmosphere in Barcelona?
(b) A nightmare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Orwell decide to stop trying to help Kopp?
2. Who ordered the attack on the telephone exchange?
3. What do Orwell and a few others volunteer as at the POUM headquarters?
4. What political leader does Orwell want Spain to reject?
5. Where will Orwell be fighting if he is transferred to the International Column?
Short Essay Questions
1. What trouble is brewing in Barcelona?
2. What does Franco stand for?
3. How do the POUM militiamen react to Orwell's presence at the prison?
4. How are POUM members having problems in Chapter 13?
5. Why is Kopp getting no help from the Belgian government?
6. Why does fighting break out in Barcelona at the beginning of Chapter 10?
7. Why is visiting Kopp dangerous?
8. How do Orwell and his wife get back to England?
9. Why does Orwell decide the Spanish Civil War is still important?
10. What is the Sanatorium Maurin?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)