|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group do the propaganda channels put down?
(a) The POUM.
(b) The International Column.
(c) The militia.
(d) The Popular Army.
2. Who rushes across the street to stop the fighting?
(b) Orwell's wife.
3. What do Orwell and a few others volunteer as at the POUM headquarters?
(a) Foot soldiers.
4. Who does Orwell telephone in Chapter 10?
(a) His brother.
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
5. Where does Orwell say pistols are almost unobtainable?
(a) The frontline.
(b) The enemy line.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group is Bob Smilie a part of?
2. What celebration does Orwell say does not take place due to political tension?
3. What does Orwell say a fat man eats while children beg for bread?
4. What unit does Orwell want to be transferred to?
5. What kind of weapon does Orwell manage to procure from the black market?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are snipers a problem in Chapter 12?
2. How do the POUM militiamen react to Orwell's presence at the prison?
3. What act of bravery does Kopp perform in Chapter 10?
4. How has Barcelona changed in Chapter 13?
5. How do the government troops defuse the situation in Barcelona?
6. How do the Communists try to suppress POUM?
7. Why is Kopp getting no help from the Belgian government?
8. How are POUM members having problems in Chapter 13?
9. How has Barcelona changed when Orwell returns?
10. What trouble is brewing in Barcelona?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)