|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Orwell have to stay to avoid the police?
(a) Abandoned buildings.
(d) Bomb shelters.
2. What country is Kopp from?
3. From what city do the Assault Guards arrive?
4. Why does Orwell decide to stop trying to help Kopp?
(a) He wants to go back to England.
(b) He learns Kopp is untrustworthy.
(c) He does not want to put his wife in danger.
(d) He is likely to be arrested.
5. What rank is Kopp promoted to in Chapter 12?
(c) 2nd Lieutenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Orwell spend time recuperating in Chapter 13?
2. What does Orwell say are the two main political groups in Spain?
3. What does Orwell say a fat man eats while children beg for bread?
4. In what month does fighting break out in Barcelona?
5. Which of his friends does Orwell hear is dead?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)