|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Orwell say houses the Spanish national government?
2. From what city do the Assault Guards arrive?
3. What country does Orwell travel to at the end of the book?
4. Who ordered the attack on the telephone exchange?
(a) The Popular Army.
(c) The government.
(d) The Civil Guards.
5. From what city do the government soldiers arrive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of weapon does Orwell manage to procure from the black market?
2. What does Orwell describe the Communists political maneuverings as?
3. Which group supports The Friends of Durriti's poster?
4. For which of the POUM members has the government issued a warrant?
5. What part of Orwell's body does the bullet penetrate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Communists try to suppress POUM?
2. Why does Orwell stop trying to help Kopp?
3. Why are snipers a problem in Chapter 12?
4. How does Orwell get his wound examined?
5. Why does Orwell decide the Spanish Civil War is still important?
6. How does Orwell get back to Barcelona?
7. Why is Kopp getting no help from the Belgian government?
8. How do Orwell and his wife get back to England?
9. How do the POUM militiamen react to Orwell's presence at the prison?
10. How are POUM members having problems in Chapter 13?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)