|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell say has ended in defeat?
(a) The fight against Fascism.
(b) The fight against Communism.
(c) The Upper class revolution.
(d) The social revolution.
2. Where will Orwell be fighting if he is transferred to the International Column?
3. What political leader does Orwell want Spain to reject?
4. Who does the government's heavily armed police force exclude?
(c) Fascist officers.
(d) Trade union members.
5. What does Orwell say are the two main political groups in Spain?
(a) The Communists and the Anarchists.
(b) The Communists and the Capitalists.
(c) The Fascists and the Capitalists.
(d) The Fascists and the Anarchists.
Short Answer Questions
1. For which of the POUM members has the government issued a warrant?
2. Who does Orwell try to get released?
3. What kind of gun strikes down Orwell?
4. Whose tactic does Orwell say disgusts him?
5. What does Orwell say is scarce in Barcelona?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the government say POUM was a Fascist subversive element?
2. How has Barcelona changed when Orwell returns?
3. Why was the working class in Barcelona becoming increasingly resentful?
4. Why does Orwell stop trying to help Kopp?
5. How do Orwell and his wife get back to England?
6. How does Orwell hide from the police?
7. What bad news do the POUM units hear in Chapter 12?
8. What does Franco stand for?
9. Why does fighting break out in Barcelona at the beginning of Chapter 10?
10. What trouble is brewing in Barcelona?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)