|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell say a fat man eats while children beg for bread?
(b) A quail.
(c) A duck.
2. What neighborhoods did CNT-FAI and POUM hold?
(a) Student neighborhoods.
(b) Working class neighborhoods.
(c) Jewish neighborhoods.
(d) Upper class neighborhoods.
3. What country does Orwell travel to with his wife and friends?
4. What does Orwell say has ended in defeat?
(a) The fight against Fascism.
(b) The Upper class revolution.
(c) The fight against Communism.
(d) The social revolution.
5. What kind of fighting does Kopp tell his men they have been ordered to engage in?
(a) Offensive fighting.
(b) Sneak attacks.
(c) Defensive fighting.
(d) Distant fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rank is Benjamin promoted to in Chapter 12?
2. What rank is Kopp promoted to in Chapter 12?
3. Who does Orwell try to get released?
4. What is erected in the city the next morning?
5. What group is Bob Smilie a part of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What proof does Orwell provide to show POUM was not a Fascist organization?
2. Why did the government say POUM was a Fascist subversive element?
3. Why does fighting break out in Barcelona at the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. Why does Orwell stop trying to help Kopp?
5. How does Orwell get his wound examined?
6. How do the Communists try to suppress POUM?
7. How has Barcelona changed when Orwell returns?
8. Why does Orwell want to start fighting in Madrid?
9. Why does Orwell decide the Spanish Civil War is still important?
10. What does Orwell think about the Communist tactics in Chapter 10?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)