|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of organization does POUM label PSUC?
2. What celebration does Orwell say does not take place due to political tension?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) Summer Soltice.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) May Day.
3. What group has now been declared an illegal organization?
4. Who does Orwell meet on his return to Barcelona?
5. Where does Orwell say pistols are almost unobtainable?
(a) The enemy line.
(d) The frontline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Orwell and a few others volunteer as at the POUM headquarters?
2. What country does Orwell travel to with his wife and friends?
3. What country does Orwell travel to at the end of the book?
4. From what city do the government soldiers arrive?
5. To where is Orwell first evacuated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kopp getting no help from the Belgian government?
2. Why does Orwell stop trying to help Kopp?
3. Why does fighting break out in Barcelona at the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. How are POUM members having problems in Chapter 13?
5. How has Barcelona changed in Chapter 13?
6. Why was the working class in Barcelona becoming increasingly resentful?
7. What act of bravery does Kopp perform in Chapter 10?
8. Why does Orwell want to start fighting in Madrid?
9. How do the POUM militiamen react to Orwell's presence at the prison?
10. How does Orwell hide from the police?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)