|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rushes across the street to stop the fighting?
(d) Orwell's wife.
2. Who joins Orwell at the end of the chapter?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
3. Who is the PSUC trying to disarm?
(a) The GNC.
(b) The PBC.
(c) The CNT.
(d) The TYH.
4. Which group has gained control of Barcelona?
5. Where is Orwell's wound examined for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Smilie arrested at the border?
2. What is erected in the city the next morning?
3. What neighborhoods did CNT-FAI and POUM hold?
4. Where does Orwell have to stay to avoid the police?
5. What does Orwell say the Popular Army is forcing people to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Orwell decide the Spanish Civil War is still important?
2. How does Orwell get his wound examined?
3. What does the Republican government stand for?
4. Why did the government say POUM was a Fascist subversive element?
5. What act of bravery does Kopp perform in Chapter 10?
6. Why is visiting Kopp dangerous?
7. What is the Sanatorium Maurin?
8. How has Barcelona changed when Orwell returns?
9. Why does Orwell want to start fighting in Madrid?
10. Why was the working class in Barcelona becoming increasingly resentful?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)