|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack in Chapter 3?
(a) A funky mess.
(b) A furious assault.
(c) A genocide.
(d) A violent abuse of power.
2. Why does the hot weather prove problematic?
(a) People are too tired to fight.
(b) People struggle to breathe.
(c) It causes people to runaway.
(d) It destroys equipment and clothes.
3. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
(a) It has a goal.
(b) It has better living conditions.
(c) It is structured.
(d) It has better weapons.
4. What does the Heraldo de Aragun contain information about?
(a) The Polish invasion.
(b) The fall of Mblaga.
(c) The defeat of the Russians.
(d) The defeat of the Nazis.
5. Where is Orwell sent to at the end of Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which military group in Spain did Stalin suppress?
2. What is the terrain of no man's land?
3. To what city has Orwell's wife moved?
4. Where does the militia march to after getting armed?
5. Where does the POUM travel to from Barbastro?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack?
2. How are the militia soldiers organized?
3. How does Orwell's situation change at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What power does Franco have?
5. What is Orwell's role as a Cabo?
6. Who is the PSUC?
7. How do the Fascists force Orwell and his troops back to their own trenches?
8. What does Orwell do once he reaches his trench?
9. How do Orwell and his troops secure a trench area?
10. What is the Popular Army?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)