Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unit does Orwell's English paper allow him to join?
2. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
(a) For fear of air raids.
(b) To stop foreigners coming in.
(c) To stop people leaving their houses.
(d) To save energy.
3. What is the name of the other Englishman that is transferred to Monte Oscuro with Orwell?
4. What do the peasants start doing in Spring?
(a) Opening markets.
(b) Tree planting.
(c) Crop planting.
5. What city does Orwell arrive in on April 26?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the hospital Orwell is sent to?
2. What is the name of the army unit that arrives on the Aragon in June, 1937?
3. What city do the anarchists attack in June?
4. What is the name of the area between the trenches?
5. At what kind of fighting do the militia units prove most effective?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Italian militiaman influence Orwell?
2. How has Barcelona changed when Orwell returns?
3. What are the rumors surrounding the attack on the telephone exchange?
4. Why is the front such a miserable place to live?
5. What is the job of the soldiers on the hilltops?
6. What is the Republican's plan to ambush the Fascists?
7. Describe the conditions of the trenches.
8. How does Orwell's situation change at the beginning of Chapter 4?
9. Why does Orwell want to start fighting in Madrid?
10. How does Orwell get his wound examined?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)