|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers use to shout out political slogans?
2. What are the Popular Army officers armed with?
3. Why does most of the Fascists' ammunition stay unexploded?
(a) It is too cold.
(b) It is badly made.
(c) It is too old.
(d) It is not thrown with enough force.
4. What starts to make life in the trenches more pleasant in Chapter 8?
(a) The reopening of the postal system.
(b) A visit from the soldier's wives.
(c) The weather.
(d) The end of the ammunition.
5. What do people start saying instead of Buenos dias?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the militia attack in late March?
2. What kind of weapons is the militia issued?
3. Which of the following groups supports General Franco?
4. Onto what kind of animal do the soldiers pack the water?
5. How do Orwell and his troops respond when the nationalists fire at them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Popular Army?
2. How do the Fascists force Orwell and his troops back to their own trenches?
3. What does Orwell observe as he travels through Spain?
4. What flags do the different sides fly?
5. How did USSR gain control of the Republican regions of the country?
6. Who is the PSUC?
7. What is the Republican's plan to ambush the Fascists?
8. How do the militia and the Fascists fight each other in the trenches near Zaragoza?
9. What is Barcelona like when Orwell first arrives in 1936?
10. What power does Franco have?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)