|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are officers regarded as in the militia?
(a) A necessary evil.
(b) God like.
(d) The first line of attack.
2. What do the troops have to cut through to get to the enemy lines?
(b) Long grass.
3. What is the name of the newspaper the Fascists drop?
(a) Heraldo de Catalon.
(c) Heraldo de Aragun.
4. Where do they find out the two men are after they go looking for them in Chapter 7?
(a) The hospital.
(b) A forest cave.
(c) A hotel.
(d) The Fascist trenches.
5. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bird do the peasants like to hunt?
2. What city does Orwell arrive in on April 26?
3. What is the name of the other Englishman that is transferred to Monte Oscuro with Orwell?
4. Which country supplies arms to the Republicans?
5. What does Orwell use to make a makeshift wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Popular Army?
2. How do the militia and the Fascists fight each other in the trenches near Zaragoza?
3. How does propaganda prove successful on both sides?
4. What does Orwell observe as he travels through Spain?
5. What is the Republican's plan to ambush the Fascists?
6. How did the Italian militiaman influence Orwell?
7. What is the job of the soldiers on the hilltops?
8. What is Orwell's role as a Cabo?
9. How does the hot weather make life in the trenches intolerable again?
10. Describe the conditions in Huesca.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)