|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell say was being systematically destroyed in Catalonia?
(a) Government buildings.
2. Where is the hospital Orwell is sent to?
3. What two languages can Kopp speak?
(a) Spanish and English.
(b) Italian and French.
(c) English and French.
(d) Spanish and German.
4. What does Orwell smoke at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A joint.
5. What does Orwell say he suffers from in late March?
(a) Poisoned hand.
(b) Poisoned foot.
(c) Brain damage.
(d) Shell shock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war are the front lines in Zaragoza reminiscent of?
2. What happens on April 25, 1937?
3. What are officers regarded as in the militia?
4. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
5. Which country supplies arms to the Republicans?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Fascists force Orwell and his troops back to their own trenches?
2. What is Orwell's role as a Cabo?
3. Who is POUM?
4. What is Orwell's experience of military hospitals in Chapter 6?
5. What is Barcelona like when Orwell first arrives in 1936?
6. Why does Orwell enlist in the militia?
7. How do Orwell and his troops secure a trench area?
8. Describe the conditions of the trenches.
9. Who is the PSUC?
10. How did USSR gain control of the Republican regions of the country?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)