|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Orwell say was in control of Catalonia when he arrived?
(a) The Capitalists.
(b) The Anarchists.
(c) The Communists.
(d) The Fascists.
2. How does Orwell try to kill the fleeing Fascist?
(a) By bayoneting him.
(b) By throwing an axe at him.
(c) By beating him around the head.
(d) By shooting him.
3. Where does Orwell's POUM unit travel to from Sietamo?
4. Where do the Fascists mount a counter attack from?
(a) The air.
(b) The flanks.
(c) The top.
(d) Under the ground.
5. What does Orwell say the trenches stink of?
(a) Cigar smoke.
(b) Dead bodies.
(c) Working men.
(d) Human excrement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell say he suffers from in late March?
2. Members of which army does Orwell say swagger around Barcelona?
3. Where does the militia march to after getting armed?
4. Who takes all the patients' belongings while Orwell is in hospital?
5. What is on top of each hilltop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Orwell observe as he travels through Spain?
2. How do Orwell and his troops secure a trench area?
3. What does Franco stand for?
4. Why does Orwell enlist in the militia?
5. What proof does Orwell provide to show POUM was not a Fascist organization?
6. Why are snipers a problem in Chapter 12?
7. What trouble is brewing in Barcelona?
8. Describe the conditions in Huesca.
9. What is the Republican's plan to ambush the Fascists?
10. How do the militia and the Fascists fight each other in the trenches near Zaragoza?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)