|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell say he is surprised to feel when the Fascist infantry attacks?
2. To what city has Orwell's wife moved?
3. What does Orwell use to make a makeshift wall?
(b) Boxes of ammunition.
(d) Unexploded bombs.
4. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
5. What is the name of the newspaper the Fascists drop?
(c) Heraldo de Catalon.
(d) Heraldo de Aragun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell's wife frequently mail him?
2. Other than wine what other luxury do the soldiers have plenty of?
3. What kind of insect rises from the ground?
4. What does Orwell say he originally came to Spain to do?
5. Which of the following groups supports General Franco?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Italian militiaman influence Orwell?
2. How does propaganda prove successful on both sides?
3. What is Orwell's experience of military hospitals in Chapter 6?
4. Describe the conditions of the trenches.
5. What power does Franco have?
6. How do the attacks between the Fascists and the Republicans prove ineffectual in Chapter 6?
7. What is the Popular Army?
8. Why is the front such a miserable place to live?
9. Describe the front lines near Zaragoza.
10. How does the hot weather make life in the trenches intolerable again?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)