|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the soldiers bathe?
(a) The sea.
(b) The local baths.
(c) The lake.
(d) The river.
2. What kind of rodent do the soldiers begin to see everywhere?
3. Where does Orwell's POUM unit travel to from Sietamo?
4. What makes Orwell's patrols difficult?
(a) The overhead bombs.
(b) The stormy weather.
(c) The steep terrain.
(d) The muddy terrain.
5. How has Barcelona now changed?
(a) It is occupied by the fascists.
(b) It is non-revolutionary.
(c) It is more violent.
(d) It is peaceful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following flags do the Nationalists fly?
2. What form of transport does Orwell's unit take to Barbastro?
3. Why does the hot weather prove problematic?
4. What city do the anarchists attack in June?
5. Where do they find out the two men are after they go looking for them in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack?
2. What is Orwell's experience of military hospitals in Chapter 6?
3. How does propaganda prove successful on both sides?
4. How do the attacks between the Fascists and the Republicans prove ineffectual in Chapter 6?
5. Who is the PSUC?
6. What is the Popular Army?
7. How does the hot weather make life in the trenches intolerable again?
8. How do Orwell and his troops secure a trench area?
9. How did the Italian militiaman influence Orwell?
10. How do the militia and the Fascists fight each other in the trenches near Zaragoza?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)