|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a Spanish political party?
2. In what part of Spain is Mblaga located?
(a) Central Spain.
(b) Northern Spain.
(c) Southern Spain.
(d) Western Spain.
3. What is the name of the newspaper the Fascists drop?
(b) Heraldo de Catalon.
(d) Heraldo de Aragun.
4. What happens on April 25, 1937?
(a) Orwell makes his escape.
(b) Orwell's unit is taken captive.
(c) The Fascists surrender.
(d) Orwell's unit is relieved.
5. What is the terrain of no man's land?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does most of the Fascists' ammunition stay unexploded?
2. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
3. How does Orwell try to kill the fleeing Fascist?
4. What does Orwell say he is surprised to feel when the Fascist infantry attacks?
5. What kind of bird do the peasants like to hunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the job of the soldiers on the hilltops?
2. In what way do conditions become more tolerable in Chapter 8?
3. How did USSR gain control of the Republican regions of the country?
4. What is Barcelona like when Orwell first arrives in 1936?
5. Describe the conditions in Huesca.
6. What does Orwell observe as he travels through Spain?
7. What flags do the different sides fly?
8. What does Orwell do once he reaches his trench?
9. Why is the front such a miserable place to live?
10. What is the Republican's plan to ambush the Fascists?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)