|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Orwell's patrols difficult?
(a) The muddy terrain.
(b) The stormy weather.
(c) The overhead bombs.
(d) The steep terrain.
2. Which Spanish political party was under Communist control?
3. Where does Orwell's POUM unit travel to from Sietamo?
4. What does the militia attack in late March?
5. Members of which army does Orwell say swagger around Barcelona?
(a) The Popular Army.
(b) The German Army.
(c) The Fascist Army.
(d) The Militia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell's wife frequently mail him?
2. Where was POUM based?
3. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
4. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
5. What kind of drink do the soldiers have plenty of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Italian militiaman influence Orwell?
2. Why does Orwell want to start fighting in Madrid?
3. How do Orwell and his wife get back to England?
4. How do the attacks between the Fascists and the Republicans prove ineffectual in Chapter 6?
5. What does Orwell think about the Communist tactics in Chapter 10?
6. What is an officer's role in the militia?
7. How do the militia and the Fascists fight each other in the trenches near Zaragoza?
8. Why did the government say POUM was a Fascist subversive element?
9. How does the hot weather make life in the trenches intolerable again?
10. How has Barcelona changed in Chapter 13?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)