|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
2. What two languages can Kopp speak?
(a) Spanish and English.
(b) English and French.
(c) Spanish and German.
(d) Italian and French.
3. Which military group in Spain did Stalin suppress?
4. What kind of rodent do the soldiers begin to see everywhere?
5. What is the name of the area between the trenches?
(a) The party zone.
(b) The desert.
(c) No man's land.
(d) The dead zone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way do things start to get better in mid April?
2. What is on top of each hilltop?
3. Who takes all the patients' belongings while Orwell is in hospital?
4. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
5. What is the terrain of no man's land?
Short Essay Questions
1. What flags do the different sides fly?
2. What are Orwell's observations about Spanish culture in the opening chapter?
3. How do the attacks between the Fascists and the Republicans prove ineffectual in Chapter 6?
4. How does the hot weather make life in the trenches intolerable again?
5. Describe the front lines near Zaragoza.
6. How did the Italian militiaman influence Orwell?
7. Who is POUM?
8. Describe the conditions in Huesca.
9. Who is the PSUC?
10. How are the militia soldiers organized?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)