|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers use to shout out political slogans?
2. Who takes all the patients' belongings while Orwell is in hospital?
(a) The visitors.
(b) The nurses.
(c) The doctors.
(d) The orderlies.
3. Who does the militia fight in Zaragoza?
(a) The Communists.
(b) The Nationalists.
(c) The Fascists.
(d) The Capitalists.
4. Why was Orwell's mission in Chapter 7 deemed a success?
(a) It drew troops away from Huesca.
(b) The Fascists had to call on external help.
(c) They showed the Fascists how serious they were.
(d) They did not lose any men.
5. What city do the anarchists attack in June?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are officers regarded as in the militia?
2. In what part of Spain is Mblaga located?
3. What is the name of the area between the trenches?
4. What does Orwell's wife frequently mail him?
5. What does Orwell say the trenches stink of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Orwell's situation change at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. How do the Fascists force Orwell and his troops back to their own trenches?
3. Why is the front such a miserable place to live?
4. What is Barcelona like when Orwell first arrives in 1936?
5. What is the job of the soldiers on the hilltops?
6. What are Orwell's observations about Spanish culture in the opening chapter?
7. What power does Franco have?
8. How do Orwell and his troops secure a trench area?
9. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack?
10. What is the Republican's plan to ambush the Fascists?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)