|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What duty are the soldiers on the hilltop assigned?
(a) Cooking duty.
(b) Gunner duty.
(c) Propaganda duty.
(d) Drinks duty.
2. Where do the Fascists mount a counter attack from?
(a) The flanks.
(b) The air.
(c) Under the ground.
(d) The top.
3. What does Orwell say he has been isolated from for 115 days?
(d) A bed.
4. What do the Republicans do with the Fascists' unexploded bombs?
(a) Throw them back.
(b) Send them home.
(c) Use them for furniture.
(d) Use them to keep warm.
5. Where does Orwell's unit march to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the area between the trenches?
2. Whose political ideology did the POUM follow?
3. What form of transport does Orwell's unit take to Barbastro?
4. What are officers regarded as in the militia?
5. Which country supplies arms to the Republicans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conditions of the trenches.
2. Describe the front lines near Zaragoza.
3. How does Orwell's situation change at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. Describe the conditions in Huesca.
5. Who is the PSUC?
6. What is Orwell's experience of military hospitals in Chapter 6?
7. How are the militia soldiers organized?
8. What is Barcelona like when Orwell first arrives in 1936?
9. How do the militia and the Fascists fight each other in the trenches near Zaragoza?
10. Why does Orwell enlist in the militia?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)