|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack in Chapter 3?
(a) A violent abuse of power.
(b) A furious assault.
(c) A genocide.
(d) A funky mess.
2. What do the soldiers think caused the downfall of Mblaga?
3. Where is Orwell sent to at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What two languages can Kopp speak?
(a) Italian and French.
(b) English and French.
(c) Spanish and German.
(d) Spanish and English.
5. What does Orwell smoke at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A joint.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell use to make a makeshift wall?
2. What is the name of the newspaper the Fascists drop?
3. How has Barcelona now changed?
4. What does Orwell say he is surprised to feel when the Fascist infantry attacks?
5. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What flags do the different sides fly?
2. How does Orwell's situation change at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. What is the Popular Army?
4. Why does Orwell enlist in the militia?
5. What is the job of the soldiers on the hilltops?
6. How do Orwell and his troops secure a trench area?
7. Describe the conditions of the trenches.
8. What is Orwell's role as a Cabo?
9. In what way do conditions become more tolerable in Chapter 8?
10. How are the militia soldiers organized?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)