|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are officers regarded as in the militia?
(a) The first line of attack.
(c) God like.
(d) A necessary evil.
2. How do Orwell and his troops respond when the nationalists fire at them?
(b) Throw their grenades.
(c) Run away.
3. Where does Orwell's POUM unit travel to from Sietamo?
4. What is the name of the army unit that arrives on the Aragon in June, 1937?
(a) The Popular Army.
(b) The Red Army.
(c) The Militia Army.
(d) The POUM Army.
5. Where does Orwell's unit march to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Orwell's mission in Chapter 7 deemed a success?
2. Who does Orwell say was in control of Catalonia when he arrived?
3. What are the Popular Army officers armed with?
4. What duty are the soldiers on the hilltop assigned?
5. What does Orwell say he originally came to Spain to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Orwell observe as he travels through Spain?
2. What is the Sanatorium Maurin?
3. How are POUM members having problems in Chapter 13?
4. How does the hot weather make life in the trenches intolerable again?
5. Why does Orwell stop trying to help Kopp?
6. What trouble is brewing in Barcelona?
7. Describe the conditions in Huesca.
8. What is an officer's role in the militia?
9. Why did the government say POUM was a Fascist subversive element?
10. What is the Popular Army?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)