|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers think caused the downfall of Mblaga?
2. What makes Orwell's patrols difficult?
(a) The stormy weather.
(b) The overhead bombs.
(c) The steep terrain.
(d) The muddy terrain.
3. Why does the hot weather prove problematic?
(a) It destroys equipment and clothes.
(b) People are too tired to fight.
(c) People struggle to breathe.
(d) It causes people to runaway.
4. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
(a) The meat queue.
(b) The cigarette queue.
(c) The sweet queue.
(d) The bread queue.
5. Where does Orwell's unit march to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was POUM based?
2. What is the terrain of no man's land?
3. What is the name of the army unit that arrives on the Aragon in June, 1937?
4. What does Orwell say he has been isolated from for 115 days?
5. What do the soldiers use to shout out political slogans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kopp getting no help from the Belgian government?
2. What is the job of the soldiers on the hilltops?
3. What is the Sanatorium Maurin?
4. What proof does Orwell provide to show POUM was not a Fascist organization?
5. How do the POUM militiamen react to Orwell's presence at the prison?
6. How are the militia soldiers organized?
7. What is Barcelona like when Orwell first arrives in 1936?
8. Why was the working class in Barcelona becoming increasingly resentful?
9. How do the Fascists force Orwell and his troops back to their own trenches?
10. What is an officer's role in the militia?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)