|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city do the anarchists attack in June?
2. Why does the hot weather prove problematic?
(a) People struggle to breathe.
(b) It causes people to runaway.
(c) It destroys equipment and clothes.
(d) People are too tired to fight.
3. At what kind of fighting do the militia units prove most effective?
4. What war are the front lines in Zaragoza reminiscent of?
(a) The Mafia Wars.
(b) World War One.
(c) The Boer War.
(d) The One Hundred Years War.
5. What city does Orwell arrive in on April 26?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Orwell try to kill the fleeing Fascist?
2. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack in Chapter 3?
3. Where do they find out the two men are after they go looking for them in Chapter 7?
4. What does Orwell say the Anarchists scrawled in every wall in Catalonia?
5. What weapon are Orwell and his troops supplied with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the hot weather make life in the trenches intolerable again?
2. What flags do the different sides fly?
3. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack?
4. How do the Fascists force Orwell and his troops back to their own trenches?
5. What disgusts Orwell about the weapons he receives?
6. Who is POUM?
7. What is Barcelona like when Orwell first arrives in 1936?
8. How do the attacks between the Fascists and the Republicans prove ineffectual in Chapter 6?
9. How does propaganda prove successful on both sides?
10. What is the job of the soldiers on the hilltops?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)