|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell say he is surprised to feel when the Fascist infantry attacks?
2. What two languages can Kopp speak?
(a) Spanish and German.
(b) Spanish and English.
(c) English and French.
(d) Italian and French.
3. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
(a) Red and black.
(b) Orange and white.
(c) Green and yellow.
(d) Red and white.
4. What does Orwell use to make a makeshift wall?
(c) Unexploded bombs.
(d) Boxes of ammunition.
5. Which of the following is not a Spanish political party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
2. What war are the front lines in Zaragoza reminiscent of?
3. What does Orwell ideally want to fight against?
4. What do people start saying instead of Buenos dias?
5. What rations end entirely in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the job of the soldiers on the hilltops?
2. Why is the front such a miserable place to live?
3. How did the Italian militiaman influence Orwell?
4. How does the hot weather make life in the trenches intolerable again?
5. What is Orwell's role as a Cabo?
6. Who is the PSUC?
7. How do Orwell and his troops secure a trench area?
8. Describe the conditions in Huesca.
9. How do the Fascists force Orwell and his troops back to their own trenches?
10. Describe the front lines near Zaragoza.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)