|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
(a) The dialect.
(b) The slang.
(c) The speed.
(d) The humor.
2. Where does Orwell's unit march to?
3. Who heads the national Spanish government?
(a) Francisco Largo Caballero.
(b) Carlos Torres Alonso.
(c) Seve Cristanio Jambini.
(d) Jose Rocca Payno.
4. How do Orwell and his troops respond when the nationalists fire at them?
(b) Run away.
(c) Throw their grenades.
5. What unit does Orwell's English paper allow him to join?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the troops have to cut through to get to the enemy lines?
2. What do the soldiers think caused the downfall of Mblaga?
3. To what rank does the militia promote Orwell?
4. What does Orwell use to make a makeshift wall?
5. Who leads Orwell against the the Fascist lines?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Orwell's role as a Cabo?
2. What is Barcelona like when Orwell first arrives in 1936?
3. Why is visiting Kopp dangerous?
4. In what way do conditions become more tolerable in Chapter 8?
5. Why are snipers a problem in Chapter 12?
6. How has Barcelona changed when Orwell returns?
7. How do Orwell and his wife get back to England?
8. What does Orwell do once he reaches his trench?
9. How does the hot weather make life in the trenches intolerable again?
10. Why does fighting break out in Barcelona at the beginning of Chapter 10?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)