|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of insect rises from the ground?
2. What kind of drink do the soldiers have plenty of?
3. To what city has Orwell's wife moved?
4. What do the soldiers think caused the downfall of Mblaga?
5. Onto what kind of animal do the soldiers pack the water?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the other Englishman that is transferred to Monte Oscuro with Orwell?
2. What do the soldiers use to shout out political slogans?
3. Where does the militia march to after getting armed?
4. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
5. What is the name of the area between the trenches?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Orwell observe as he travels through Spain?
2. What is the job of the soldiers on the hilltops?
3. Who is POUM?
4. How do the attacks between the Fascists and the Republicans prove ineffectual in Chapter 6?
5. Who is the PSUC?
6. How does Orwell's situation change at the beginning of Chapter 4?
7. How does the hot weather make life in the trenches intolerable again?
8. What is Orwell's experience of military hospitals in Chapter 6?
9. What power does Franco have?
10. How do the militia and the Fascists fight each other in the trenches near Zaragoza?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)