|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does Orwell decide travel to go to complete his recovery?
2. In what country is Kopp considered a criminal?
3. What kind of fighting does Kopp tell his men they have been ordered to engage in?
(a) Distant fighting.
(b) Offensive fighting.
(c) Sneak attacks.
(d) Defensive fighting.
4. Why does Orwell decide to stop trying to help Kopp?
(a) He wants to go back to England.
(b) He is likely to be arrested.
(c) He does not want to put his wife in danger.
(d) He learns Kopp is untrustworthy.
5. Who rushes across the street to stop the fighting?
(a) Orwell's wife.
6. What rank is Orwell promoted to in Chapter 12?
(a) 1st Lieutenant.
(d) 2nd Lieutenant.
7. What organization announces McNair's arrest while he is in France?
(a) A news program.
(b) A poster.
(c) A radio show.
(d) A newspaper.
8. What country does Orwell travel to with his wife and friends?
9. What does someone steal from Orwell at Hotel Falcon?
(a) His bible.
(b) His rifle.
(c) His pistol.
(d) His wallet.
10. Whose tactic does Orwell say disgusts him?
(a) The Capitalists.
(b) The governments.
(c) The Communists.
(d) The Fascists.
11. What kind of enthusiasm does Orwell say is now flagging?
(a) Revolutionary enthusiasm.
(b) Republican enthusiasm.
(c) War enthuiasm.
(d) Survival enthusiasm.
12. Who does Orwell try to get released?
13. Where is Orwell's wound examined for the first time?
14. How does Orwell describe the atmosphere in Barcelona?
(d) A nightmare.
15. Who joins Orwell at the end of the chapter?
(a) His wife.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what is Williams suffering?
2. Which of the following is not Anarchist?
3. What city does Orwell say houses the Spanish national government?
4. Why is Smilie arrested at the border?
5. Who does Orwell telephone in Chapter 10?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)