|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Orwell invited to transfer to at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) The International Column.
(b) The Civil Guards.
2. Who raids Orwell's hospital room?
(a) The Nazis.
(b) The police.
(c) The Popular Army.
(d) The Civil Guards.
3. What city do Orwell and his wife return to in Chapter 13?
4. What rank is Orwell promoted to in Chapter 12?
(a) 1st Lieutenant.
(b) 2nd Lieutenant.
5. What is erected in the city the next morning?
(a) Watch towers.
(b) Gunner towers.
(c) Street barricades.
(d) Tower blocks.
6. Who does Orwell meet on his return to Barcelona?
7. Who does Orwell telephone in Chapter 10?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His son.
8. Whose tactic does Orwell say disgusts him?
(a) The Capitalists.
(b) The Communists.
(c) The governments.
(d) The Fascists.
9. Who do the POUM fight with in the Hotel Falcon?
(a) The hotel staff.
(c) The Civil Guards.
(d) The Popular Army.
10. What does Orwell say Franco stands for?
(a) A military government.
(d) The old Feudal order.
11. Which group publicly distanced itself from The Friends of Durruti's poster?
12. Who rushes across the street to stop the fighting?
(b) Orwell's wife.
13. What does Orwell decide to get before he is transferred?
(a) A uniform.
(c) A sun hat.
(d) A gun.
14. What country does Orwell travel to at the end of the book?
15. What does Orwell say a fat man eats while children beg for bread?
(a) A duck.
(d) A quail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group supports The Friends of Durriti's poster?
2. What kind of enthusiasm does Orwell say is now flagging?
3. What celebration does Orwell say does not take place due to political tension?
4. Which group do the propaganda channels put down?
5. Who does the PSUC intend to blame for all the trouble?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)