|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is Kopp considered a criminal?
2. Who rushes across the street to stop the fighting?
(b) Orwell's wife.
3. What neighborhoods did CNT-FAI and POUM hold?
(a) Working class neighborhoods.
(b) Student neighborhoods.
(c) Jewish neighborhoods.
(d) Upper class neighborhoods.
4. Which group supports The Friends of Durriti's poster?
5. Who does the government's heavily armed police force exclude?
(a) Fascist officers.
(b) Trade union members.
6. What is the name of the POUM leader?
(a) Alfred Molina.
(b) Andre Gide.
(c) Andry Nin.
(d) George Orwell.
7. What celebration does Orwell say does not take place due to political tension?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) Summer Soltice.
(d) May Day.
8. Who joins Orwell at the end of the chapter?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
9. Who ordered the attack on the telephone exchange?
(a) The government.
(b) The Civil Guards.
(c) The Popular Army.
10. For which of the POUM members has the government issued a warrant?
11. Where is Orwell's wound examined for the first time?
12. Which group in Barcelona does Orwell say can get almost anything?
(a) The government officials.
(b) The rich.
(c) The military.
(d) The peasants.
13. What kind of gun strikes down Orwell?
(a) A sniper.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A machine gun.
14. What does Orwell say a fat man eats while children beg for bread?
(a) A duck.
(d) A quail.
15. What does the Spanish government order everyone to surrender?
(a) Privately owned vehicles.
(b) Privately owned land.
(c) Privately owned businesses.
(d) Privately owned weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political leader does Orwell want Spain to reject?
2. What country does Orwell decide travel to go to complete his recovery?
3. What does Orwell say has returned to Barcelona?
4. What is the name of the small political organization which publishes a radical leaflet calling for sustained revolution?
5. Who does Orwell meet on his return to Barcelona?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)