|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the PSUC trying to disarm?
(a) The CNT.
(b) The GNC.
(c) The TYH.
(d) The PBC.
2. What kind of weapon does Orwell manage to procure from the black market?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A machine gun.
(c) An axe.
(d) An automatic pistol.
3. Where is Orwell invited to transfer to at the end of Chapter 10?
(c) The Civil Guards.
(d) The International Column.
4. To where is Orwell first evacuated?
5. Where is Orwell's wound examined for the first time?
6. What rank is Kopp promoted to in Chapter 12?
(b) 2nd Lieutenant.
7. From what city do the government soldiers arrive?
8. Who raids Orwell's hospital room?
(a) The Popular Army.
(b) The police.
(c) The Nazis.
(d) The Civil Guards.
9. Who does Orwell telephone in Chapter 10?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His son.
10. What do Orwell and a few others volunteer as at the POUM headquarters?
(b) Foot soldiers.
11. Whose tactic does Orwell say disgusts him?
(a) The Communists.
(b) The governments.
(c) The Capitalists.
(d) The Fascists.
12. Who runs the Sanatorium Maurin?
13. Who does Orwell meet on his return to Barcelona?
14. From what is Williams suffering?
(a) An arm wound.
(c) A leg wound.
(d) Shell shock.
15. What is the name of the hotel Orwell goes to when the fighting breaks out?
(a) Hotel Hooves.
(b) Hotel Eagle.
(c) Hotel Wren.
(d) Hotel Falcon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group is Bob Smilie a part of?
2. What celebration does Orwell say does not take place due to political tension?
3. What is the name of the small political organization which publishes a radical leaflet calling for sustained revolution?
4. What country does Orwell decide travel to go to complete his recovery?
5. Which group in Barcelona does Orwell say can get almost anything?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)