|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For which of the POUM members has the government issued a warrant?
2. Where does Orwell spend time recuperating in Chapter 13?
(a) The Santorium Gaudin.
(b) The Sanorium Doggin.
(c) The Sanatorium Maurin.
(d) The Santorium Folin.
3. What kind of gun strikes down Orwell?
(a) A sniper.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A machine gun.
4. Which group supports The Friends of Durriti's poster?
5. Who does the PSUC intend to blame for all the trouble?
(c) The Civil Guards.
(d) The Popular Army.
6. What kind of enthusiasm does Orwell say is now flagging?
(a) Revolutionary enthusiasm.
(b) Survival enthusiasm.
(c) Republican enthusiasm.
(d) War enthuiasm.
7. What does Orwell say the Popular Army is forcing people to do?
(a) Sell their children.
(b) Give up their houses.
(c) Give up their possessions.
(d) Join the military.
8. Where will Orwell be fighting if he is transferred to the International Column?
9. What city does Orwell say houses the Spanish national government?
10. From what is Williams suffering?
(b) A leg wound.
(c) An arm wound.
(d) Shell shock.
11. What is the name of the small political organization which publishes a radical leaflet calling for sustained revolution?
(a) The Enemies of Evil.
(b) Looting Goodness.
(c) The Friends of Durruti.
12. What does Orwell say is scarce in Barcelona?
13. Why does Orwell decide to stop trying to help Kopp?
(a) He does not want to put his wife in danger.
(b) He learns Kopp is untrustworthy.
(c) He is likely to be arrested.
(d) He wants to go back to England.
14. In what country is Kopp considered a criminal?
15. What do Orwell and a few others volunteer as at the POUM headquarters?
(b) Foot soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which country is the PSUC closely associated?
2. Who rushes across the street to stop the fighting?
3. What unit does Orwell want to be transferred to?
4. From what city do the Assault Guards arrive?
5. What country does Orwell travel to with his wife and friends?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)