|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell decide to get before he is transferred?
(a) A uniform.
(c) A gun.
(d) A sun hat.
2. Who ordered the attack on the telephone exchange?
(b) The Civil Guards.
(c) The government.
(d) The Popular Army.
3. What political leader does Orwell want Spain to reject?
4. What is erected in the city the next morning?
(a) Street barricades.
(b) Gunner towers.
(c) Watch towers.
(d) Tower blocks.
5. What kind of fighting does Kopp tell his men they have been ordered to engage in?
(a) Sneak attacks.
(b) Offensive fighting.
(c) Distant fighting.
(d) Defensive fighting.
6. What organization announces McNair's arrest while he is in France?
(a) A news program.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A poster.
(d) A radio show.
7. To what city does Kopp say he is traveling?
8. Who runs the Sanatorium Maurin?
9. Who joins Orwell at the end of the chapter?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
10. In what country is Kopp considered a criminal?
11. From what disease is Cottman suffering?
(a) The Chicken Pox.
(c) The Measles.
(d) Small Pox.
12. What do Orwell and a few others volunteer as at the POUM headquarters?
(b) Foot soldiers.
13. To where is Orwell first evacuated?
14. Who does Orwell try to get released?
15. What kind of weapon does Orwell manage to procure from the black market?
(a) A rifle.
(b) An axe.
(c) A machine gun.
(d) An automatic pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group publicly distanced itself from The Friends of Durruti's poster?
2. Who does the PSUC intend to blame for all the trouble?
3. Which group has gained control of Barcelona?
4. What does Orwell say has ended in defeat?
5. What kind of gun strikes down Orwell?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)