|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of gun strikes down Orwell?
(a) A machine gun.
(b) A sniper.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A pistol.
2. What organization announces McNair's arrest while he is in France?
(a) A news program.
(b) A poster.
(c) A radio show.
(d) A newspaper.
3. Where does Orwell have to stay to avoid the police?
(b) Abandoned buildings.
(c) Bomb shelters.
4. From what city do the Assault Guards arrive?
5. Where is Orwell invited to transfer to at the end of Chapter 10?
(b) The Civil Guards.
(c) The International Column.
6. To where is Orwell first evacuated?
7. What city does Orwell say houses the Spanish national government?
8. What does Orwell say has returned to Barcelona?
(a) Snobbery and hatred.
(b) Class and privilege.
(c) Chaos and disorder.
(d) Peace and calm.
9. Who runs the Sanatorium Maurin?
10. From what is Williams suffering?
(a) A leg wound.
(b) An arm wound.
(c) Shell shock.
11. Who does Orwell meet on his return to Barcelona?
12. What does Orwell say are the two main political groups in Spain?
(a) The Communists and the Anarchists.
(b) The Fascists and the Anarchists.
(c) The Fascists and the Capitalists.
(d) The Communists and the Capitalists.
13. What does Orwell describe the Communists political maneuverings as?
(a) A genocide.
(b) A dart board.
(c) A cesspool.
(d) A swamp.
14. What does Orwell say Franco stands for?
(c) A military government.
(d) The old Feudal order.
15. Why is Smilie arrested at the border?
(a) For smugglng arms.
(b) Fror kidnapping a child.
(c) For not having a passport.
(d) For stealing from the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What neighborhoods did CNT-FAI and POUM hold?
2. What rank is Benjamin promoted to in Chapter 12?
3. Where does Orwell spend time recuperating in Chapter 13?
4. What does Orwell want to write?
5. What kind of fighting does Kopp tell his men they have been ordered to engage in?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)