|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Orwell spend time recuperating in Chapter 13?
(a) The Sanorium Doggin.
(b) The Sanatorium Maurin.
(c) The Santorium Gaudin.
(d) The Santorium Folin.
2. From what is Williams suffering?
(a) Shell shock.
(b) An arm wound.
(d) A leg wound.
3. To what city does Kopp say he is traveling?
4. Which of Orwell's friends is also recovering at the Maurin?
5. What part of Orwell's body does the bullet penetrate?
(a) His leg.
(b) His neck.
(c) His arm.
(d) His shoulder.
6. What country is Kopp from?
7. Who joins Orwell at the end of the chapter?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His son.
(d) His brother.
8. Who rushes across the street to stop the fighting?
(d) Orwell's wife.
9. What city does Orwell say houses the Spanish national government?
10. What rank is Orwell promoted to in Chapter 12?
(a) 1st Lieutenant.
(c) 2nd Lieutenant.
11. Who does Orwell telephone in Chapter 10?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His son.
12. Who does the government's heavily armed police force exclude?
(a) Fascist officers.
(c) Trade union members.
13. Where will Orwell be fighting if he is transferred to the International Column?
14. In what country is Kopp considered a criminal?
15. What group controls Hotel Falcon?
(a) The Popular Army.
(c) The Civil Guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. For which of the POUM members has the government issued a warrant?
2. From what city do the Assault Guards arrive?
3. Who runs the Sanatorium Maurin?
4. Who does Orwell try to get released?
5. Why is Smilie arrested at the border?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)