|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group is Bob Smilie a part of?
2. With which country is the PSUC closely associated?
3. How does Orwell describe the atmosphere in Barcelona?
(a) A nightmare.
4. What does Orwell decide to get before he is transferred?
(b) A gun.
(c) A sun hat.
(d) A uniform.
5. What kind of gun strikes down Orwell?
(a) A machine gun.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A sniper.
6. What group controls Hotel Falcon?
(b) The Popular Army.
(d) The Civil Guards.
7. Who ordered the attack on the telephone exchange?
(a) The Popular Army.
(b) The Civil Guards.
(d) The government.
8. What country does Orwell travel to at the end of the book?
9. In what month does fighting break out in Barcelona?
10. Which group supports The Friends of Durriti's poster?
11. What is the name of the hotel Orwell goes to when the fighting breaks out?
(a) Hotel Wren.
(b) Hotel Hooves.
(c) Hotel Falcon.
(d) Hotel Eagle.
12. What neighborhoods did CNT-FAI and POUM hold?
(a) Jewish neighborhoods.
(b) Student neighborhoods.
(c) Upper class neighborhoods.
(d) Working class neighborhoods.
13. Where does Orwell spend time recuperating in Chapter 13?
(a) The Sanatorium Maurin.
(b) The Sanorium Doggin.
(c) The Santorium Folin.
(d) The Santorium Gaudin.
14. Where is Orwell invited to transfer to at the end of Chapter 10?
(b) The International Column.
(c) The Civil Guards.
15. From what city do the government soldiers arrive?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Orwell have to stay to avoid the police?
2. To what city does Kopp say he is traveling?
3. In what country is Kopp considered a criminal?
4. Who runs the Sanatorium Maurin?
5. What does the Spanish government order everyone to surrender?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)