|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group in Barcelona does Orwell say can get almost anything?
(a) The peasants.
(b) The military.
(c) The government officials.
(d) The rich.
2. What is the name of the hotel Orwell goes to when the fighting breaks out?
(a) Hotel Wren.
(b) Hotel Falcon.
(c) Hotel Hooves.
(d) Hotel Eagle.
3. To where is Orwell first evacuated?
4. What is erected in the city the next morning?
(a) Gunner towers.
(b) Tower blocks.
(c) Street barricades.
(d) Watch towers.
5. Where does Orwell have to stay to avoid the police?
(b) Abandoned buildings.
(d) Bomb shelters.
6. From what disease is Cottman suffering?
(b) Small Pox.
(c) The Measles.
(d) The Chicken Pox.
7. What does Orwell say has returned to Barcelona?
(a) Chaos and disorder.
(b) Peace and calm.
(c) Class and privilege.
(d) Snobbery and hatred.
8. What do the Civil Guards want CNT to surrender?
(a) The postal system.
(b) The telephone exchange.
(c) The city libraries.
(d) The police force.
9. Why is Smilie arrested at the border?
(a) For not having a passport.
(b) Fror kidnapping a child.
(c) For stealing from the government.
(d) For smugglng arms.
10. Who ordered the attack on the telephone exchange?
(b) The government.
(c) The Popular Army.
(d) The Civil Guards.
11. Where will Orwell be fighting if he is transferred to the International Column?
12. What part of Orwell's body does the bullet penetrate?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His arm.
(c) His leg.
(d) His neck.
13. Who runs the Sanatorium Maurin?
14. In what month does fighting break out in Barcelona?
15. What group has now been declared an illegal organization?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group supports The Friends of Durriti's poster?
2. From what city do the government soldiers arrive?
3. From what city do the Assault Guards arrive?
4. What kind of organization does POUM label PSUC?
5. What celebration does Orwell say does not take place due to political tension?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)