|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rank is Kopp promoted to in Chapter 12?
(d) 2nd Lieutenant.
2. What country does Orwell travel to with his wife and friends?
3. What country is Kopp from?
4. Who ordered the attack on the telephone exchange?
(a) The Civil Guards.
(b) The Popular Army.
(c) The government.
5. What kind of organization does POUM label PSUC?
6. Which group has gained control of Barcelona?
7. From what disease is Cottman suffering?
(b) The Measles.
(c) Small Pox.
(d) The Chicken Pox.
8. In what country is Kopp considered a criminal?
9. What kind of gun strikes down Orwell?
(a) A sniper.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A machine gun.
10. What does Orwell say has ended in defeat?
(a) The Upper class revolution.
(b) The social revolution.
(c) The fight against Fascism.
(d) The fight against Communism.
11. What do the Civil Guards want CNT to surrender?
(a) The postal system.
(b) The city libraries.
(c) The telephone exchange.
(d) The police force.
12. What political leader does Orwell want Spain to reject?
13. What does someone steal from Orwell at Hotel Falcon?
(a) His pistol.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His bible.
(d) His rifle.
14. For which of the POUM members has the government issued a warrant?
15. How does Orwell describe the atmosphere in Barcelona?
(d) A nightmare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Orwell's friends is also recovering at the Maurin?
2. Which of the following is not Anarchist?
3. Where is Orwell's wound examined for the first time?
4. What does Orwell say is scarce in Barcelona?
5. From what city do the government soldiers arrive?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)