|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city does Kopp say he is traveling?
2. Who does Orwell meet on his return to Barcelona?
3. Who joins Orwell at the end of the chapter?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
4. What does Orwell want to write?
(a) An anti-Fascist article.
(b) A book about Prison torture.
(c) A letter in defense of Franco.
(d) A letter in defense of Kopp.
5. What organization announces McNair's arrest while he is in France?
(a) A radio show.
(b) A news program.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A poster.
6. What city do Orwell and his wife return to in Chapter 13?
7. What kind of fighting does Kopp tell his men they have been ordered to engage in?
(a) Sneak attacks.
(b) Distant fighting.
(c) Defensive fighting.
(d) Offensive fighting.
8. What kind of weapon does Orwell manage to procure from the black market?
(a) A rifle.
(b) An axe.
(c) An automatic pistol.
(d) A machine gun.
9. What rank is Orwell promoted to in Chapter 12?
(a) 2nd Lieutenant.
(d) 1st Lieutenant.
10. Which city in Spain do people say is still revolutionary?
11. Where will Orwell be fighting if he is transferred to the International Column?
12. What city does Orwell say houses the Spanish national government?
13. What does Orwell say a fat man eats while children beg for bread?
(a) A duck.
(b) A quail.
14. Which group do the propaganda channels put down?
(a) The militia.
(b) The Popular Army.
(c) The International Column.
(d) The POUM.
15. Who do the POUM fight with in the Hotel Falcon?
(a) The Popular Army.
(b) The hotel staff.
(c) The Civil Guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What celebration does Orwell say does not take place due to political tension?
2. Where does Orwell visit Kopp?
3. How does Orwell describe the atmosphere in Barcelona?
4. What unit does Orwell want to be transferred to?
5. Which of Orwell's friends is also recovering at the Maurin?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)