|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group publicly distanced itself from The Friends of Durruti's poster?
2. Which group do the propaganda channels put down?
(a) The Popular Army.
(b) The International Column.
(c) The militia.
(d) The POUM.
3. Where is Orwell invited to transfer to at the end of Chapter 10?
(b) The Civil Guards.
(c) The International Column.
4. Which group in Barcelona does Orwell say can get almost anything?
(a) The military.
(b) The rich.
(c) The peasants.
(d) The government officials.
5. What is the name of the hotel Orwell goes to when the fighting breaks out?
(a) Hotel Eagle.
(b) Hotel Wren.
(c) Hotel Hooves.
(d) Hotel Falcon.
6. Who does the PSUC intend to blame for all the trouble?
(b) The Popular Army.
(d) The Civil Guards.
7. What group has now been declared an illegal organization?
8. What does Orwell say has ended in defeat?
(a) The fight against Communism.
(b) The Upper class revolution.
(c) The social revolution.
(d) The fight against Fascism.
9. What do Orwell and a few others volunteer as at the POUM headquarters?
(b) Foot soldiers.
10. Why is Smilie arrested at the border?
(a) Fror kidnapping a child.
(b) For not having a passport.
(c) For stealing from the government.
(d) For smugglng arms.
11. Why does Orwell decide to stop trying to help Kopp?
(a) He is likely to be arrested.
(b) He learns Kopp is untrustworthy.
(c) He does not want to put his wife in danger.
(d) He wants to go back to England.
12. What rank is Kopp promoted to in Chapter 12?
(a) 2nd Lieutenant.
13. To where is Orwell first evacuated?
14. What kind of fighting does Kopp tell his men they have been ordered to engage in?
(a) Offensive fighting.
(b) Sneak attacks.
(c) Distant fighting.
(d) Defensive fighting.
15. Where does Orwell say pistols are almost unobtainable?
(a) The frontline.
(d) The enemy line.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is erected in the city the next morning?
2. With which country is the PSUC closely associated?
3. Who rushes across the street to stop the fighting?
4. Which group has gained control of Barcelona?
5. Where does Orwell visit Kopp?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)