|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group supports The Friends of Durriti's poster?
2. What city does Orwell say houses the Spanish national government?
3. What does Orwell say has returned to Barcelona?
(a) Chaos and disorder.
(b) Peace and calm.
(c) Snobbery and hatred.
(d) Class and privilege.
4. From what city do the government soldiers arrive?
5. What does someone steal from Orwell at Hotel Falcon?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His pistol.
(c) His rifle.
(d) His bible.
6. From what is Williams suffering?
(a) Shell shock.
(b) A leg wound.
(d) An arm wound.
7. Which group in Barcelona does Orwell say can get almost anything?
(a) The rich.
(b) The government officials.
(c) The peasants.
(d) The military.
8. What do the Civil Guards want CNT to surrender?
(a) The telephone exchange.
(b) The postal system.
(c) The city libraries.
(d) The police force.
9. From what city do the Assault Guards arrive?
10. Who does the government's heavily armed police force exclude?
(a) Fascist officers.
(c) Trade union members.
11. What city do Orwell and his wife return to in Chapter 13?
12. What group is Bob Smilie a part of?
13. Who ordered the attack on the telephone exchange?
(a) The Civil Guards.
(b) The government.
(c) The Popular Army.
14. What political leader does Orwell want Spain to reject?
15. What do Orwell and a few others volunteer as at the POUM headquarters?
(c) Foot soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orwell say Franco stands for?
2. What is the name of the small political organization which publishes a radical leaflet calling for sustained revolution?
3. What is the name of the POUM leader?
4. What country is Kopp from?
5. Who does Orwell telephone in Chapter 10?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)