|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Orwell's wound examined for the first time?
2. What does Orwell say are the two main political groups in Spain?
(a) The Communists and the Capitalists.
(b) The Fascists and the Capitalists.
(c) The Communists and the Anarchists.
(d) The Fascists and the Anarchists.
3. Which of his friends does Orwell hear is dead?
4. Who joins Orwell at the end of the chapter?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
5. What does Orwell say has ended in defeat?
(a) The social revolution.
(b) The fight against Fascism.
(c) The fight against Communism.
(d) The Upper class revolution.
6. What rank is Benjamin promoted to in Chapter 12?
7. From what is Williams suffering?
(a) A leg wound.
(b) An arm wound.
(c) Shell shock.
8. What political leader does Orwell want Spain to reject?
9. What group controls Hotel Falcon?
(b) The Civil Guards.
(d) The Popular Army.
10. What is erected in the city the next morning?
(a) Street barricades.
(b) Tower blocks.
(c) Watch towers.
(d) Gunner towers.
11. To what city does Kopp say he is traveling?
12. Whose tactic does Orwell say disgusts him?
(a) The Communists.
(b) The Capitalists.
(c) The Fascists.
(d) The governments.
13. What does Orwell say the Popular Army is forcing people to do?
(a) Join the military.
(b) Give up their possessions.
(c) Give up their houses.
(d) Sell their children.
14. Who rushes across the street to stop the fighting?
(b) Orwell's wife.
15. What kind of fighting does Kopp tell his men they have been ordered to engage in?
(a) Defensive fighting.
(b) Offensive fighting.
(c) Sneak attacks.
(d) Distant fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group supports The Friends of Durriti's poster?
2. Which group in Barcelona does Orwell say can get almost anything?
3. What kind of organization does POUM label PSUC?
4. What country does Orwell travel to with his wife and friends?
5. Who does Orwell meet on his return to Barcelona?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)