|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unit does Orwell's English paper allow him to join?
2. What makes Orwell's patrols difficult?
(a) The overhead bombs.
(b) The steep terrain.
(c) The stormy weather.
(d) The muddy terrain.
3. How does Orwell try to kill the fleeing Fascist?
(a) By bayoneting him.
(b) By shooting him.
(c) By beating him around the head.
(d) By throwing an axe at him.
4. What kind of rifle does Orwell receive?
(a) A German Mauser.
(b) An AK-47.
(c) A Dutch Yoodle.
(d) An English marksman.
5. Why does the hot weather prove problematic?
(a) It destroys equipment and clothes.
(b) People are too tired to fight.
(c) It causes people to runaway.
(d) People struggle to breathe.
6. Where do the Fascists mount a counter attack from?
(a) The air.
(b) The top.
(c) The flanks.
(d) Under the ground.
7. Other than wine what other luxury do the soldiers have plenty of?
8. What weapon are Orwell and his troops supplied with?
(b) Hand grenades.
(c) Mustard gas.
(d) Machine guns.
9. How do Orwell and his troops respond when the nationalists fire at them?
(b) Run away.
(c) Throw their grenades.
10. Where does Orwell's unit march to?
11. What is the terrain of no man's land?
12. What is the name of the army unit that arrives on the Aragon in June, 1937?
(a) The Militia Army.
(b) The Red Army.
(c) The Popular Army.
(d) The POUM Army.
13. What form of transport does Orwell's unit take to Barbastro?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A bus.
(d) A car.
14. What does Orwell say the Anarchists scrawled in every wall in Catalonia?
(a) A swasticker.
(b) A hammer and sickle.
(c) A Spanish flag.
(d) A British flag.
15. What is the name of the newspaper the Fascists drop?
(b) Heraldo de Aragun.
(d) Heraldo de Catalon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like as Orwell and his men leave to attack Fascist lines?
2. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
3. Which military group in Spain did Stalin suppress?
4. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
5. How has Barcelona now changed?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)