|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell say he has been isolated from for 115 days?
(a) A bed.
2. What kind of bird do the peasants like to hunt?
3. What does Orwell say he is surprised to feel when the Fascist infantry attacks?
4. Which of the following groups supports General Franco?
(a) The Jewish rabbis.
(b) The militia.
(c) The British government.
(d) The Catholic Church.
5. In what part of Spain is Mblaga located?
(a) Southern Spain.
(b) Northern Spain.
(c) Central Spain.
(d) Western Spain.
6. In what way do things start to get better in mid April?
(a) Weather gets warmer.
(b) The Fascists show signs of giving up.
(c) The soldiers receive better clothes.
(d) The soldiers receive better weapons.
7. What is the name of the area between the trenches?
(a) No man's land.
(b) The desert.
(c) The dead zone.
(d) The party zone.
8. What confuses Orwell about the Spanish language in Barcelona?
(a) The humor.
(b) The dialect.
(c) The slang.
(d) The speed.
9. What is the name of the other Englishman that is transferred to Monte Oscuro with Orwell?
10. What do the troops have to cut through to get to the enemy lines?
(c) Long grass.
11. To what rank does the militia promote Orwell?
12. Where does Orwell's POUM unit travel to from Sietamo?
13. What does Orwell's wife frequently mail him?
(d) Care packages.
14. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
15. What does Orwell use to make a makeshift wall?
(b) Boxes of ammunition.
(d) Unexploded bombs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on top of each hilltop?
2. Where do they find out the two men are after they go looking for them in Chapter 7?
3. What are the Popular Army officers armed with?
4. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack in Chapter 3?
5. Which of the following flags do the Nationalists fly?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)