|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of weapons is the militia issued?
(a) Machine guns.
2. Other than wine what other luxury do the soldiers have plenty of?
3. What makes Orwell's patrols difficult?
(a) The overhead bombs.
(b) The steep terrain.
(c) The muddy terrain.
(d) The stormy weather.
4. What does the militia attack in late March?
5. What city do the anarchists attack in June?
6. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack in Chapter 3?
(a) A violent abuse of power.
(b) A genocide.
(c) A furious assault.
(d) A funky mess.
7. How does Orwell try to kill the fleeing Fascist?
(a) By beating him around the head.
(b) By shooting him.
(c) By throwing an axe at him.
(d) By bayoneting him.
8. What does Orwell say he suffers from in late March?
(a) Poisoned foot.
(b) Shell shock.
(c) Poisoned hand.
(d) Brain damage.
9. Who does Orwell describe as a tough looking youth of 26?
(a) A paratrooper.
(b) A popular army member.
(c) An Italian millitiaman.
(d) A German soldier.
10. What is the terrain of no man's land?
11. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
(a) For fear of air raids.
(b) To stop people leaving their houses.
(c) To save energy.
(d) To stop foreigners coming in.
12. What are officers regarded as in the militia?
(a) A necessary evil.
(c) The first line of attack.
(d) God like.
13. What do the soldiers think caused the downfall of Mblaga?
14. What is on top of each hilltop?
(a) A head quarters.
(b) A flag.
(c) A tank.
(d) A machine gunner.
15. What rations end entirely in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the militia fight in Zaragoza?
2. Whose political ideology did the POUM follow?
3. Where is Orwell sent to at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What kind of insect rises from the ground?
5. What happens on April 25, 1937?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)