|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what kind of fighting do the militia units prove most effective?
2. Members of which army does Orwell say swagger around Barcelona?
(a) The Militia.
(b) The Popular Army.
(c) The Fascist Army.
(d) The German Army.
3. What language does Orwell say he speaks badly?
4. Who does the militia fight in Zaragoza?
(a) The Nationalists.
(b) The Fascists.
(c) The Capitalists.
(d) The Communists.
5. Where does the militia march to after getting armed?
6. Who takes all the patients' belongings while Orwell is in hospital?
(a) The nurses.
(b) The doctors.
(c) The visitors.
(d) The orderlies.
7. What two languages does Orwell speak fluently?
(a) English and German.
(b) Arabic and Russian.
(c) Spanish and French.
(d) English and French.
8. What do the soldiers use to shout out political slogans?
9. Where does the POUM travel to from Barbastro?
10. What rations end entirely in Chapter 8?
11. Which of the following flags do the Nationalists fly?
12. What does Orwell's wife frequently mail him?
(c) Care packages.
13. Onto what kind of animal do the soldiers pack the water?
14. What kind of drink do the soldiers have plenty of?
15. What are officers regarded as in the militia?
(a) A necessary evil.
(b) The first line of attack.
(c) God like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Popular Army officers armed with?
2. What is the terrain of no man's land?
3. Who is the leader of the nationalists?
4. What does Orwell ideally want to fight against?
5. Where is Orwell sent to at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)