|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Orwell's POUM unit travel to from Sietamo?
2. What city does Orwell arrive in on April 26?
3. What kind of drink do the soldiers have plenty of?
4. What do the soldiers think caused the downfall of Mblaga?
5. Where is Orwell transferred to in Chapter 3?
(a) Monte Rego.
(b) Monte Carlo.
(c) Monte Toto.
(d) Monte Oscuro.
6. What does Orwell ideally want to fight against?
7. What two languages does Orwell speak fluently?
(a) English and German.
(b) Arabic and Russian.
(c) Spanish and French.
(d) English and French.
8. Who leads Orwell against the the Fascist lines?
(a) Georges Kopp.
(b) Jacques Wren.
(c) Horace Potts.
(d) Torre Fabian.
9. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
10. How has Barcelona now changed?
(a) It is occupied by the fascists.
(b) It is non-revolutionary.
(c) It is peaceful.
(d) It is more violent.
11. Where does the militia march to after getting armed?
12. What duty are the soldiers on the hilltop assigned?
(a) Drinks duty.
(b) Propaganda duty.
(c) Gunner duty.
(d) Cooking duty.
13. What does Orwell say was being systematically destroyed in Catalonia?
(b) Government buildings.
14. Where does Orwell's unit march to?
15. What are officers regarded as in the militia?
(b) The first line of attack.
(c) A necessary evil.
(d) God like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two languages can Kopp speak?
2. Which military group in Spain did Stalin suppress?
3. Where does the POUM travel to from Barbastro?
4. What do people start saying instead of Buenos dias?
5. To what city has Orwell's wife moved?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)