|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on top of each hilltop?
(a) A flag.
(b) A head quarters.
(c) A tank.
(d) A machine gunner.
2. What happens on April 25, 1937?
(a) Orwell makes his escape.
(b) The Fascists surrender.
(c) Orwell's unit is relieved.
(d) Orwell's unit is taken captive.
3. Who is the leader of the nationalists?
(a) General Castro.
(b) General Goebbels.
(c) General Mussolini.
(d) General Franco.
4. How do Orwell and his troops respond when the nationalists fire at them?
(a) Throw their grenades.
(c) Run away.
5. What does Orwell say the trenches stink of?
(a) Working men.
(b) Cigar smoke.
(c) Dead bodies.
(d) Human excrement.
6. In what way do things start to get better in mid April?
(a) The Fascists show signs of giving up.
(b) The soldiers receive better weapons.
(c) The soldiers receive better clothes.
(d) Weather gets warmer.
7. How has Barcelona now changed?
(a) It is non-revolutionary.
(b) It is more violent.
(c) It is occupied by the fascists.
(d) It is peaceful.
8. What do the soldiers think caused the downfall of Mblaga?
9. Who does the militia fight in Zaragoza?
(a) The Fascists.
(b) The Capitalists.
(c) The Nationalists.
(d) The Communists.
10. Who leads Orwell against the the Fascist lines?
(a) Jacques Wren.
(b) Georges Kopp.
(c) Torre Fabian.
(d) Horace Potts.
11. Members of which army does Orwell say swagger around Barcelona?
(a) The Militia.
(b) The Fascist Army.
(c) The German Army.
(d) The Popular Army.
12. Where is Orwell sent to at the end of Chapter 3?
13. What kind of rodent do the soldiers begin to see everywhere?
14. Which country supplies arms to the Republicans?
15. Who heads the national Spanish government?
(a) Carlos Torres Alonso.
(b) Seve Cristanio Jambini.
(c) Francisco Largo Caballero.
(d) Jose Rocca Payno.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which military group in Spain did Stalin suppress?
2. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
3. What does Orwell use to make a makeshift wall?
4. What does Orwell ideally want to fight against?
5. What do people start saying instead of Buenos dias?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)