|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon are Orwell and his troops supplied with?
(a) Mustard gas.
(b) Machine guns.
(d) Hand grenades.
2. What are the Popular Army officers armed with?
3. Whose political ideology did the POUM follow?
4. Where is the hospital Orwell is sent to?
5. What does Orwell say he suffers from in late March?
(a) Poisoned hand.
(b) Shell shock.
(c) Poisoned foot.
(d) Brain damage.
6. What does the Heraldo de Aragun contain information about?
(a) The defeat of the Nazis.
(b) The Polish invasion.
(c) The fall of Mblaga.
(d) The defeat of the Russians.
7. In what way do things start to get better in mid April?
(a) The soldiers receive better clothes.
(b) The soldiers receive better weapons.
(c) The Fascists show signs of giving up.
(d) Weather gets warmer.
8. What does Orwell ideally want to fight against?
9. Where is Orwell transferred to in Chapter 3?
(a) Monte Rego.
(b) Monte Carlo.
(c) Monte Oscuro.
(d) Monte Toto.
10. What does Orwell smoke at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A joint.
(d) A pipe.
11. What does Orwell say he has been isolated from for 115 days?
(b) A bed.
12. What two languages does Orwell speak fluently?
(a) English and German.
(b) English and French.
(c) Arabic and Russian.
(d) Spanish and French.
13. What do the soldiers think caused the downfall of Mblaga?
14. How do Orwell and his troops respond when the nationalists fire at them?
(a) Throw their grenades.
(c) Run away.
15. What war are the front lines in Zaragoza reminiscent of?
(a) The One Hundred Years War.
(b) World War One.
(c) The Mafia Wars.
(d) The Boer War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
2. What unit does Orwell's English paper allow him to join?
3. What does the militia attack in late March?
4. Which of the following groups supports General Franco?
5. Who does Orwell describe as a tough looking youth of 26?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)