|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orwell say he suffers from in late March?
(a) Poisoned foot.
(b) Shell shock.
(c) Poisoned hand.
(d) Brain damage.
2. What does Orwell's wife frequently mail him?
(c) Care packages.
3. Where does the POUM travel to from Barbastro?
4. What rations end entirely in Chapter 8?
5. What starts to make life in the trenches more pleasant in Chapter 8?
(a) The reopening of the postal system.
(b) The weather.
(c) A visit from the soldier's wives.
(d) The end of the ammunition.
6. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
(a) The sweet queue.
(b) The bread queue.
(c) The meat queue.
(d) The cigarette queue.
7. Who heads the national Spanish government?
(a) Jose Rocca Payno.
(b) Francisco Largo Caballero.
(c) Seve Cristanio Jambini.
(d) Carlos Torres Alonso.
8. Which of the following is not a Spanish political party?
9. Whose political ideology did the POUM follow?
10. What does Orwell say he is surprised to feel when the Fascist infantry attacks?
11. What does Orwell ideally want to fight against?
12. To what rank does the militia promote Orwell?
13. Where was POUM based?
14. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
(a) Red and black.
(b) Orange and white.
(c) Green and yellow.
(d) Red and white.
15. What does Orwell say he has been isolated from for 115 days?
(d) A bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war are the front lines in Zaragoza reminiscent of?
2. What kind of rodent do the soldiers begin to see everywhere?
3. What is on top of each hilltop?
4. What is the name of the area between the trenches?
5. Which of the following flags do the Nationalists fly?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)