|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a Column mean?
(a) A large number of soldiers.
(b) An enemy line.
(c) An article in a newspaper.
(d) An Arsenal.
2. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
3. Where is the hospital Orwell is sent to?
4. What kind of insect rises from the ground?
5. How do Orwell and his troops respond when the nationalists fire at them?
(b) Throw their grenades.
(c) Run away.
6. What form of transport does Orwell take to Lyrida?
7. Which of the following groups supports General Franco?
(a) The British government.
(b) The militia.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The Jewish rabbis.
8. To what city has Orwell's wife moved?
9. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
(a) Green and yellow.
(b) Red and black.
(c) Red and white.
(d) Orange and white.
10. What are officers regarded as in the militia?
(a) The first line of attack.
(b) A necessary evil.
(d) God like.
11. What does Orwell's wife frequently mail him?
(b) Care packages.
12. What kind of rifle does Orwell receive?
(a) A German Mauser.
(b) An AK-47.
(c) An English marksman.
(d) A Dutch Yoodle.
13. What happens on April 25, 1937?
(a) The Fascists surrender.
(b) Orwell's unit is relieved.
(c) Orwell makes his escape.
(d) Orwell's unit is taken captive.
14. What language does Orwell say he speaks badly?
15. What kind of drink do the soldiers have plenty of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orwell say was in control of Catalonia when he arrived?
2. Why does most of the Fascists' ammunition stay unexploded?
3. To what rank does the militia promote Orwell?
4. Who takes all the patients' belongings while Orwell is in hospital?
5. What is the name of the army unit that arrives on the Aragon in June, 1937?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)