|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Orwell transferred to in Chapter 3?
(a) Monte Rego.
(b) Monte Carlo.
(c) Monte Toto.
(d) Monte Oscuro.
2. What do the soldiers think caused the downfall of Mblaga?
3. What does Orwell say he originally came to Spain to do?
(a) Write newspaper articles.
(b) Travel around the country.
(c) Protest against war.
(d) Write a book.
4. Where does Orwell's POUM unit travel to from Sietamo?
5. What happens on April 25, 1937?
(a) Orwell's unit is relieved.
(b) Orwell's unit is taken captive.
(c) Orwell makes his escape.
(d) The Fascists surrender.
6. What do people start saying instead of Buenos dias?
7. What kind of weapons is the militia issued?
(b) Machine guns.
8. What city do the anarchists attack in June?
9. What does the militia attack in late March?
10. Who takes all the patients' belongings while Orwell is in hospital?
(a) The visitors.
(b) The orderlies.
(c) The doctors.
(d) The nurses.
11. What is the terrain of no man's land?
12. What makes Orwell's patrols difficult?
(a) The stormy weather.
(b) The overhead bombs.
(c) The steep terrain.
(d) The muddy terrain.
13. How do Orwell and his troops respond when the nationalists fire at them?
(c) Throw their grenades.
(d) Run away.
14. Members of which army does Orwell say swagger around Barcelona?
(a) The German Army.
(b) The Militia.
(c) The Fascist Army.
(d) The Popular Army.
15. What is on top of each hilltop?
(a) A machine gunner.
(b) A flag.
(c) A tank.
(d) A head quarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon are Orwell and his troops supplied with?
2. Whose political ideology did the POUM follow?
3. What are officers regarded as in the militia?
4. Where do the soldiers bathe?
5. What city does Orwell arrive in on April 26?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)