Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unit does Orwell's English paper allow him to join?
2. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
(a) For fear of air raids.
(b) To stop foreigners coming in.
(c) To stop people leaving their houses.
(d) To save energy.
3. What is the name of the other Englishman that is transferred to Monte Oscuro with Orwell?
4. What do the peasants start doing in Spring?
(a) Opening markets.
(b) Tree planting.
(c) Crop planting.
5. What city does Orwell arrive in on April 26?
6. Where is the hospital Orwell is sent to?
7. What is the name of the army unit that arrives on the Aragon in June, 1937?
(a) The Militia Army.
(b) The Red Army.
(c) The Popular Army.
(d) The POUM Army.
8. What city do the anarchists attack in June?
9. What is the name of the area between the trenches?
(a) The dead zone.
(b) The desert.
(c) No man's land.
(d) The party zone.
10. At what kind of fighting do the militia units prove most effective?
11. Other than wine what other luxury do the soldiers have plenty of?
12. How do Orwell and his troops respond when the nationalists fire at them?
(c) Run away.
(d) Throw their grenades.
13. Where do the soldiers bathe?
(a) The local baths.
(b) The lake.
(c) The sea.
(d) The river.
14. Where do the Fascists mount a counter attack from?
(a) The top.
(b) The flanks.
(c) Under the ground.
(d) The air.
15. Who does the militia fight in Zaragoza?
(a) The Fascists.
(b) The Nationalists.
(c) The Communists.
(d) The Capitalists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does most of the Fascists' ammunition stay unexploded?
2. What kind of weapons is the militia issued?
3. Who is the leader of the nationalists?
4. What starts to make life in the trenches more pleasant in Chapter 8?
5. What does Orwell say was being systematically destroyed in Catalonia?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)