|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon are Orwell and his troops supplied with?
(a) Mustard gas.
(b) Machine guns.
(c) Hand grenades.
2. How do Orwell and his troops respond when the nationalists fire at them?
(b) Run away.
(d) Throw their grenades.
3. What form of transport does Orwell take to Lyrida?
4. What city does Orwell arrive in on April 26?
5. What does a Column mean?
(a) An enemy line.
(b) An Arsenal.
(c) A large number of soldiers.
(d) An article in a newspaper.
6. What does Orwell's wife frequently mail him?
(d) Care packages.
7. What kind of weapons is the militia issued?
(a) Machine guns.
8. What makes Orwell's patrols difficult?
(a) The muddy terrain.
(b) The overhead bombs.
(c) The stormy weather.
(d) The steep terrain.
9. To what city has Orwell's wife moved?
10. What kind of bird do the peasants like to hunt?
11. Where was POUM based?
12. Which of the following flags do the Nationalists fly?
13. How do the newspapers report the Fascist attack in Chapter 3?
(a) A funky mess.
(b) A genocide.
(c) A furious assault.
(d) A violent abuse of power.
14. Why was Orwell's mission in Chapter 7 deemed a success?
(a) They showed the Fascists how serious they were.
(b) It drew troops away from Huesca.
(c) They did not lose any men.
(d) The Fascists had to call on external help.
15. What kind of rifle does Orwell receive?
(a) An AK-47.
(b) A Dutch Yoodle.
(c) A German Mauser.
(d) An English marksman.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what rank does the militia promote Orwell?
2. What does Orwell smoke at the end of Chapter 7?
3. What does Orwell say he originally came to Spain to do?
4. What are the Popular Army officers armed with?
5. What is the name of the army unit that arrives on the Aragon in June, 1937?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)