|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Orwell say he speaks badly?
2. Why does most of the Fascists' ammunition stay unexploded?
(a) It is badly made.
(b) It is not thrown with enough force.
(c) It is too old.
(d) It is too cold.
3. Onto what kind of animal do the soldiers pack the water?
4. What do the Republicans do with the Fascists' unexploded bombs?
(a) Use them to keep warm.
(b) Throw them back.
(c) Use them for furniture.
(d) Send them home.
5. Which of the following is not a Spanish political party?
6. What do the soldiers think caused the downfall of Mblaga?
7. What kind of bird do the peasants like to hunt?
8. What is on top of each hilltop?
(a) A flag.
(b) A machine gunner.
(c) A tank.
(d) A head quarters.
9. What city do the anarchists attack in June?
10. Whose political ideology did the POUM follow?
11. Who leads Orwell against the the Fascist lines?
(a) Jacques Wren.
(b) Torre Fabian.
(c) Georges Kopp.
(d) Horace Potts.
12. What do the soldiers use to shout out political slogans?
13. Members of which army does Orwell say swagger around Barcelona?
(a) The Popular Army.
(b) The German Army.
(c) The Militia.
(d) The Fascist Army.
14. Where does the militia march to after getting armed?
15. How does Orwell try to kill the fleeing Fascist?
(a) By shooting him.
(b) By beating him around the head.
(c) By bayoneting him.
(d) By throwing an axe at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the area between the trenches?
2. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
3. What happens on April 25, 1937?
4. Where was POUM based?
5. Where does the POUM travel to from Barbastro?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)