|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two languages can Kopp speak?
(a) Italian and French.
(b) English and French.
(c) Spanish and English.
(d) Spanish and German.
2. Where is the hospital Orwell is sent to?
3. Which of the following groups supports General Franco?
(a) The Jewish rabbis.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The militia.
(d) The British government.
4. Other than wine what other luxury do the soldiers have plenty of?
5. What city does Orwell arrive in on April 26?
6. What city do the anarchists attack in June?
7. What form of transport does Orwell's unit take to Barbastro?
(a) A taxi.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A bus.
(d) A car.
8. How has Barcelona now changed?
(a) It is more violent.
(b) It is occupied by the fascists.
(c) It is non-revolutionary.
(d) It is peaceful.
9. What does the Heraldo de Aragun contain information about?
(a) The defeat of the Russians.
(b) The defeat of the Nazis.
(c) The Polish invasion.
(d) The fall of Mblaga.
10. How does Orwell try to kill the fleeing Fascist?
(a) By throwing an axe at him.
(b) By bayoneting him.
(c) By shooting him.
(d) By beating him around the head.
11. What is the name of the army unit that arrives on the Aragon in June, 1937?
(a) The Militia Army.
(b) The Popular Army.
(c) The POUM Army.
(d) The Red Army.
12. Where do the Fascists mount a counter attack from?
(a) Under the ground.
(b) The air.
(c) The flanks.
(d) The top.
13. Where is Orwell sent to at the end of Chapter 3?
14. Who is the leader of the nationalists?
(a) General Castro.
(b) General Mussolini.
(c) General Franco.
(d) General Goebbels.
15. Who leads Orwell against the the Fascist lines?
(a) Horace Potts.
(b) Jacques Wren.
(c) Torre Fabian.
(d) Georges Kopp.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of Spain is Mblaga located?
2. What unit does Orwell's English paper allow him to join?
3. Where is Orwell transferred to in Chapter 3?
4. What is the terrain of no man's land?
5. What does the militia attack in late March?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)