|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the newspaper the Fascists drop?
(a) Heraldo de Catalon.
(b) Heraldo de Aragun.
2. What is on top of each hilltop?
(a) A tank.
(b) A flag.
(c) A machine gunner.
(d) A head quarters.
3. What do the soldiers think caused the downfall of Mblaga?
4. Who does Orwell describe as a tough looking youth of 26?
(a) A popular army member.
(b) A paratrooper.
(c) An Italian millitiaman.
(d) A German soldier.
5. What rations end entirely in Chapter 8?
6. What makes Orwell's patrols difficult?
(a) The stormy weather.
(b) The muddy terrain.
(c) The overhead bombs.
(d) The steep terrain.
7. Where does Orwell's unit march to?
8. What kind of weapons is the militia issued?
(d) Machine guns.
9. Who heads the national Spanish government?
(a) Seve Cristanio Jambini.
(b) Francisco Largo Caballero.
(c) Jose Rocca Payno.
(d) Carlos Torres Alonso.
10. What does Orwell smoke at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A joint.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A cigar.
11. What do the Republicans do with the Fascists' unexploded bombs?
(a) Use them to keep warm.
(b) Send them home.
(c) Throw them back.
(d) Use them for furniture.
12. Where does the militia march to after getting armed?
13. Where do the soldiers bathe?
(a) The lake.
(b) The sea.
(c) The local baths.
(d) The river.
14. Onto what kind of animal do the soldiers pack the water?
15. In what way do things start to get better in mid April?
(a) Weather gets warmer.
(b) The soldiers receive better clothes.
(c) The soldiers receive better weapons.
(d) The Fascists show signs of giving up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on April 25, 1937?
2. What does Orwell ideally want to fight against?
3. What does Orwell say was being systematically destroyed in Catalonia?
4. What is the name of the army unit that arrives on the Aragon in June, 1937?
5. Which of the following flags do the Republicans fly?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)