|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way do things start to get better in mid April?
(a) The soldiers receive better weapons.
(b) The Fascists show signs of giving up.
(c) The soldiers receive better clothes.
(d) Weather gets warmer.
2. Where does Orwell's unit march to?
3. What does Orwell's wife frequently mail him?
(a) Care packages.
4. What does Orwell use to make a makeshift wall?
(a) Boxes of ammunition.
(b) Unexploded bombs.
5. Why do people prefer the Popular Army to the militia?
(a) It has better living conditions.
(b) It has a goal.
(c) It has better weapons.
(d) It is structured.
6. What do the troops have to cut through to get to the enemy lines?
(c) Long grass.
7. To what rank does the militia promote Orwell?
8. What two languages can Kopp speak?
(a) Spanish and German.
(b) English and French.
(c) Spanish and English.
(d) Italian and French.
9. What kind of rodent do the soldiers begin to see everywhere?
10. What do the soldiers think caused the downfall of Mblaga?
11. Why does most of the Fascists' ammunition stay unexploded?
(a) It is not thrown with enough force.
(b) It is badly made.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) It is too old.
12. Which of the following is not a Spanish political party?
13. What is the weather like as Orwell and his men leave to attack Fascist lines?
14. What does Orwell say the trenches stink of?
(a) Working men.
(b) Dead bodies.
(c) Cigar smoke.
(d) Human excrement.
15. How has Barcelona now changed?
(a) It is more violent.
(b) It is peaceful.
(c) It is non-revolutionary.
(d) It is occupied by the fascists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon are Orwell and his troops supplied with?
2. Onto what kind of animal do the soldiers pack the water?
3. What is the terrain of no man's land?
4. What form of transport does Orwell's unit take to Barbastro?
5. Where is Orwell transferred to in Chapter 3?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)