Short Answer Key
1. Who does Orwell describe as a tough looking youth of 26?
An Italian millitiaman.
2. What language does Orwell say he speaks badly?
3. What does Orwell say he originally came to Spain to do?
Write newspaper articles.
4. Who does Orwell say was in control of Catalonia when he arrived?
5. What does Orwell say the Anarchists scrawled in every wall in Catalonia?
A hammer and sickle.
6. What does Orwell say was being systematically destroyed in Catalonia?
7. What do people start saying instead of Buenos dias?
8. What color did the Anarchists paint the trams and taxis?
Red and black.
9. Why were the streets of Catalonia dimly lit at night?
For fear of air raids.
10. What queue does Orwell describe as often hundreds of yards long?
The bread queue.
11. What does a Column mean?...
This section contains 1,844 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)