|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the original Hogfather?
2. Who starts to like each other?
3. Who decides that the sun will not rise the next day if the Hogfather does not come back?
4. What did Death do that he does not consider stealing but redistributing that makes Albert furious?
5. What do Death and Albert argue about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with the beggars on the streets of Ankh-Morph that makes Albert furious?
2. How do Chickenwire's fears prevent him from killing Bilious?
3. What is special about the drawing in the life book that Susan sees in Death's house?
4. What does the restaurant manager tell the staff to do?
5. Where does Teatime fall? What does he do?
6. What does Susan see in the middle of the floor of the house she enters? What disappears in front of her eyes?
7. Whom do Susan and Bilious find in another room of the house?
8. Who are Stibbons and Ridcully able to see because they are wizards? What do they ask him?
9. What do Death and Albert discover on a snowy mountaintop?
10. Who is the girl that collects teeth? What is strange about her house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 2
The concept of good versus evil appears throughout the book. Who in your opinion is good? Who is bad? Why? Do these characters change over time? Why or why not? Describe.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it is exhibited in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)