|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are all the wizards gathering to discuss beliefs?
2. What do Stibbons and Ridcully ask the character that they can see because they are wizards?
3. Who is surprisingly very compassionate?
4. What does the guard say right before he dies?
5. What is the name of the dog that Susan finds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concerns Albert about Death's behavior?
2. Whom do Susan and Bilious find in another room of the house?
3. Describe the land that Violet had seen that Susan enters.
4. What is the importance of the chase that Susan sees in the snowy forest?
5. What is the renewal that occurs with the sunrise?
6. What does the clipping sound remind Peachy of?
7. What is the strange memory that Bilious has about his manifestation into physical form?
8. What does Susan discover when she hears a scream and opens the door?
9. Describe the chase.
10. What do the Auditors have to do and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character that Susan grows to like and becomes familiar with. How does their relationship evolve?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the depiction of the only two female characters in the book, Susan and Violet.
Essay Topic 3
Terry Pratchett makes a clear reference to the myth surrounding the story of "Good King Wenceslas" when Death sends a shower of food to the beggars on the streets of Ankh-Morpork. What is this reference? How are the two stories similar and how are they different? Describe.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)