|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the caravan driver that Mr. Teatime stops?
2. Who cannot clearly see Death's face?
3. What does Susan read on part of a label when she steps on broken glass?
4. What does Ridcully see wizards at Unseen University decorating?
5. Who wears a false beard and a red and white suit and takes over delivering presents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Teatime's group show that worries Sideney?
2. What do the wizards call into being that has an element of belief?
3. What does Ernie have that Teatime uses to travel?
4. Why does Mr. Crumley call the City Watch?
5. What does Susan discover in the books about the Hogfather in Death's library?
6. What happens in the Maul that disturbs Vernon Crumley?
7. Who comes when Susan whistles when she goes outside with Raven and the Death of Rats?
8. Why do the Auditors approach Lord Downey?
9. Why does Death need to make a public appearance?
10. What does the Death of Rats learn about the Hogfather?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Teeth have particular significance in the Hogfather. What is the significance of having a tooth in the story? Why does Mr. Teatime want to have possession of teeth? Who has visions of teeth throughout the story? Who is the Tooth Fairy ultimately revealed to be? What is the importance of this discovery and the character's role? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses a few iterations on the motif of life-death-life. Identify at least two motifs about life-death-life in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)