|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has the task of keeping track and auditing the universe?
2. What is something a wizard asks for but does not get because he does not believe in it?
3. Who is worried by the violence of the traveling group organized by Mr. Teatime?
4. Who sits on a bar stool next to Susan?
5. What will the person who kills the Hogfather receive in exchange?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Susan.
2. Where does Teatime take Sideney?
3. Who is Mr. Teatime? Who is his team comprised of?
4. What is ironic about Bilious's role as the God of Hangovers?
5. What does Ridcully discover about the old shower that was previously boarded up?
6. Where does Susan first enter in Death's house?
7. What happens in the Maul that disturbs Vernon Crumley?
8. What does Mr. Teatime do in order to transport his mercenaries?
9. What does a little girl ask for that horrifies Death?
10. What is unusual about this Hogswatch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Terry Pratchett makes a clear reference to the myth surrounding the story of "Good King Wenceslas" when Death sends a shower of food to the beggars on the streets of Ankh-Morpork. What is this reference? How are the two stories similar and how are they different? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Many characters experience fear from their nightmares. Describe Chickenwire's fears. Are they believable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)