|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Albert say the angels will do if the wish is granted?
2. What does Death do when the little girl he is holding asks for things?
3. What room inside Death's house does Susan enter?
4. Who carries a woman inside a sack as he boards the caravan?
5. What is Death's relationship to Susan's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Teatime take Sideney?
2. What does a little girl ask for that horrifies Death?
3. What does Ernie have that Teatime uses to travel?
4. What is ironic about Bilious's role as the God of Hangovers?
5. What is inside the package that Corporal Nobbs opens with Constable Visit?
6. What does Susan ask Ridcully?
7. Who comes when Susan whistles when she goes outside with Raven and the Death of Rats?
8. What does Susan ask Death? What does he say?
9. What is interesting about the hourglasses that Susan finds in the room?
10. Where does Susan first enter in Death's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Terry Pratchett makes a clear reference to the myth surrounding the story of "Good King Wenceslas" when Death sends a shower of food to the beggars on the streets of Ankh-Morpork. What is this reference? How are the two stories similar and how are they different? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Susan is the grandchild of Death. What family traits do they possess in common? Are they physical or personality traits? Where do they clash and are they similar in their methods of handling conflict or change? Describe their family traits.
Essay Topic 3
Teeth have particular significance in the Hogfather. What is the significance of having a tooth in the story? Why does Mr. Teatime want to have possession of teeth? Who has visions of teeth throughout the story? Who is the Tooth Fairy ultimately revealed to be? What is the importance of this discovery and the character's role? Explain.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)