• Death dresses up in a red and white suit with a false beard and delivers presents.
• Susan, Death's granddaughter, tries to keep things running smoothly.
• Susan sees a vision of teeth when she is lying in bed.
• Twyla, a child that Susan takes care of, is afraid of an eight-armed monster in the cellar.
• Susan takes the poker down to the cellar.
• Gaiters are having a party and one of the guests sees Susan.
• They laugh that Susan can "kill" the monster.
• Susan goes into the cellar and leaves with a bent poker
• The guests go back to the party, and Susan drags out an eight-armed monster from the cellar and out on to the lawn, where the body evaporates.
• In Ankh-Morpork, Lord Downey, the head of the Assassin's guild, receives uninvited guests.
• The Auditors who have the task of auditing the universe, ask Lord Downey...
This section contains 3,696 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)