Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sit beside Thorin at the high table after Thorin proclaims himself as the descendant of Thror, King Under the Mountain?
2. What skills or interests does the Master have that have made him the ruler of Laketown?
3. What colors is Smaug?
4. What does Bilbo most want to happen while the dwarves are preparing for a siege by the elves and Lakemen?
5. Who killed Bolg, the goblin cheiftan?
Many locations are described within the world of The Hobbit. Where would you most like to live in this world and why? Are there any disadvantages or downsides of living in the place you have chosen?
Choose from one of the following possible locations:
3. Beorn's house
5. The palace of the Elvenking
Song and poems are often significant in The Hobbit. Choose two of the songs or poems that you believe to be particularly important and explain their significance in detail. Ways that a song or poem can be significant may include foreshadowing, revealing character, developing a theme or explaining background.
Tolkien presents the elves, and in particular the Elvenking, as being Good People. Considering the character of the Elvenking, do you think Tolkien has succeeded in portraying the Wood Elves as good or likable characters? Why or why not?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)