Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bilbo try to steal from the trolls?
(a) A jug of beer.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A purse.
(d) A pony.
2. Which pair of dwarves are the youngest?
(a) Oin and Gloin.
(b) Fili and Kili.
(c) Balin and Dwalin.
(d) Dori and Nori.
3. Who carries Bilbo at first as they try to escape from the mines after Gandalf kills the Great Goblin?
4. Which dwarf has to come to Beorn's house alone?
5. What is the weak point in Bilbo's plan of escape from the elves?
(a) He forgot that he had nobody to pack him inside a barrel.
(b) He forgot that the elves would notice that the barrels were still full.
(c) He forgot that he couldn't swim.
(d) He forgot to leave air-holes so the dwarves could breathe through.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bilbo think the eagles will do to him at first?
2. Who found the cave in Chapter 4?
3. What is the Elf King's crown made of during autumn (fall)?
4. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
5. What weather forces the adventurers to seek shelter in a cave in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bilbo decide to pick William the troll's pocket?
2. How does Bilbo's attitude differ from that of the dwarves in Chapter 9?
3. Describe Beorn in your own words.
4. Why does Bilbo arrive at the Green Dragon without a hat, walking stick or handkerchief, or anything else for the journey?
5. What do the adventurers take from the trolls' treasure hoard?
6. Describe Elrond, the master or ruler of Rivendell in your own words.
7. Why does Bilbo believe that there is no end to the forest after he climbs up the tall oak to have a look around?
8. Why do the goblins take the adventurers prisoner, and what fate do the goblins intend for them?
9. What are the five armies involved in the Battle of the Five Armies?
10. Why do the adventurers take shelter in the cave in Chapter 4?
This section contains 1,418 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)