|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the elvenking's butler?
2. Who is carrying Bilbo when the goblins find them for the second time?
3. What does Bilbo eat for breakfast when he wakes up in the eagles' eyrie?
(a) Cold mutton and rabbit.
(b) Bread and water.
(c) Cold ham and apples.
(d) Bacon and eggs.
4. What color is Thorin's hood?
(a) Sky blue.
(c) Yellow and orange.
5. What was the name of the town of Men that was under the shadow of the Lonely Mountain until the dragon came and destroyed it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What light are the adventurers using to guide them inside the tunnels in Chapter 4?
2. What small creatures does Bilbo find at the top of the oak tree in Chapter 8?
3. What does Bilbo learn about his sword in Chapter 5?
4. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
5. How does Beorn react to the dwarves' talk of gold, silver and jewels?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gandalf manage to save the dwarves from being eaten by the trolls?
2. What good luck do the adventurers have while they are staying in Rivendell that is likely to prove vital to their quest?
3. What do we learn about the goblins and their intentions from the song they sing while dragging the dwarves and Bilbo down to the Great Goblin?
4. What is special about the swords that Gandalf and Thorin took from the trolls' hoard of plunder?
5. Why do the adventurers take shelter in the cave in Chapter 4?
6. What does Bilbo discover about his sword and how does he discover this?
7. Why do the Wood Elves imprison the dwarves?
8. Describe in your own words how the riddle contest between Bilbo and Gollum was played and what the winner of the contest would win.
9. How do the trees that the adventurers are hiding in in Chapter 6 manage to catch fire?
10. How do the Wood Elves differ from the goblins in regards to their treatment of prisoners?
This section contains 1,348 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)