|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
(a) With the goblins, but he was banished after he ate one of them.
(b) On the top of a windy mountain.
(c) Nowhere - he has always lived on his island.
(d) With his grandmother in a hole in a bank beside a river.
2. What does Bilbo's handwriting look like?
(a) Cunning and cryptic.
(b) Thin and spidery.
(c) Flowing and beautiful.
(d) Crabbed and rather clumsy.
3. What does Bilbo see at nightfall as they travel towards Mirkwood?
(a) A great black bear (Beorn in his animal shape) following them.
(b) The borrowed ponies trying to escape.
(c) Spies and servants of the Necromancer.
(d) Wargs and goblins trying to sneak past Beorn's borders.
4. Where does Bilbo hide while the trolls are fighting and arguing?
(a) In a tree trunk.
(b) In a bush.
(c) In the trolls' cave.
(d) Under a sack.
5. What is obviously magical about Gandalf's sword Glamdring (Foe-hammer)?
(a) It becomes invisible when the owner is in danger.
(b) It cannot be taken out of the owner's hand unless the owner is killed.
(c) It emits a high-pitched screeching sound when it kills goblins.
(d) It burns blue when goblins are nearby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phase of the moon is showing when Elrond studies the map?
2. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
3. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
4. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
5. Why did the wargs come to the clearing where the adventurers were?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)