|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week was it when the adventurers were captured?
(a) Monday night (or Tuesday morning).
(b) Tuesday night (or Wednesday morning).
(c) Monday morning (or Sunday night).
(d) Thursday evening (or Thursday morning).
2. Why did the wargs come to the clearing where the adventurers were?
(a) They were going to meet the goblins so they could go raiding together.
(b) The wargs could smell the adventurers and came to hunt them.
(c) The goblins had sent the wargs to hunt down the adventurers.
(d) The wolves were running away from the woodsmen who had settled in the area.
3. What does Bilbo eat for breakfast when he wakes up in the eagles' eyrie?
(a) Cold mutton and rabbit.
(b) Bacon and eggs.
(c) Cold ham and apples.
(d) Bread and water.
4. What light are the adventurers using to guide them inside the tunnels in Chapter 4?
(a) A torch dropped by a goblin when Thorin killed one.
(b) The magical glow on Gandalf's staff.
(c) The magical light given off by Orcrist and Glamdring when goblins are nearby.
(d) A strange green glow given off by Gandalf's smoke rings.
5. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
(a) He paddles a little boat.
(b) He rides on the back of blind fish.
(c) He swims, as he is an excellent swimmer.
(d) His ring helps him walk across the surface of the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special ability does Beorn have?
2. What is the name of the inn where the dwarves meet Bilbo in Chapter 2?
3. What type of enchantments is Gandalf especially good at?
4. Who is carrying Bilbo when the goblins find them for the second time?
5. What is another name for the Dwarves' New Year?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)