|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reward do the dwarves give to the eagles at the end of the adventures?
(a) A golden crown for the Lord of Eagles and golden collars for his fifteen chieftans.
(b) Specially designed spurs of steel that will help them fight agains the goblins better.
(c) A magnificent necklace set with rubies and emeralds.
(d) A wagon load of silver and gold.
2. What does Bilbo not tell the dwarves about his adventures inside the tunnels?
(a) That Gollum wanted to eat him if he lost the riddle contest.
(b) That his little sword is an elvish blade like Glamdring and Orcrist.
(c) That he now has a ring that makes him invisible when he puts it on.
(d) That he had pity on Gollum and did not kill him when he had the chance.
3. What does Bilbo's handwriting look like?
(a) Flowing and beautiful.
(b) Thin and spidery.
(c) Cunning and cryptic.
(d) Crabbed and rather clumsy.
4. What is the name of the inn where the dwarves meet Bilbo in Chapter 2?
(a) The Bridge and Bottle.
(b) The Golden Perch.
(c) The Green Dragon.
(d) The Prancing Pony.
5. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors of flame does Gandalf use to drive the wolves back with?
2. What foodstuffs do the adventurers take from the troll's cave for breakfast?
3. What light are the adventurers using to guide them inside the tunnels in Chapter 4?
4. What is obviously magical about Gandalf's sword Glamdring (Foe-hammer)?
5. What does Gloin say about Bilbo that enrages Bilbo so much that he overcomes his fears and joins the adventurers?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)