|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the final fate of the ponies?
(a) They starved to death.
(b) The goblins used them to draw carts in the mines.
(c) They escaped back to Rivendell.
(d) The goblins ate them.
2. How many goblins grab Bilbo?
(a) None - Bilbo escapes.
3. Which troll catches Bilbo in Chapter 2?
(a) All three of them.
4. What do the goblins use to beat time while they sing?
(a) Footsteps and whips.
(b) Hammers and tongs.
(c) Drums and gongs.
(d) Cymbals and tamborines.
5. Which of the following is not a name for the trolls?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
2. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
3. What light are the adventurers using to guide them inside the tunnels in Chapter 4?
4. How does Beorn find out that Gandalf's story is true?
5. What was the name of the town of Men that was under the shadow of the Lonely Mountain until the dragon came and destroyed it?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)