|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
(a) Truefriend and Goblin-hammer.
(b) Goblin-cleaver and Foe-hammer.
(c) Warhammer and Dragonslayer.
(d) Tailbiter and Flame of the West.
2. What does Bilbo learn about his sword in Chapter 5?
(a) It is an elvish blade like Glamdring and Orcrist.
(b) It helps him see in the dark.
(c) It acts as a compass so he does not lose his sense of direction.
(d) He can use it like a match to make fire.
3. What does Bilbo take from the trolls' hoard of loot?
(a) A knife big enough to serve him as a short sword.
(b) A pot full of gold coins.
(c) A long beautiful sword in a jewelled scabbard.
(d) A large, clumsy key.
4. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
(a) He is half human and half hobbit.
(b) He is half elf and half goblin.
(c) He is half human and half goblin.
(d) He is half elf and half human.
5. Which dwarf has a smoke-ring blowing competition or game with Gandalf?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many goblins grab Bilbo?
2. What color is Thorin's hood?
3. Which pair of dwarves are the youngest?
4. What does Bilbo's handwriting look like?
5. What does Bilbo find to eat as they walk through the woods in Chapter 6?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)