|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
(a) A very narrow bridge over a swift-flowing stream.
(b) Deceptively green bogs.
(c) Steep slopes and deep ravines.
(d) Avalanches and rock falls.
2. What is Gandalf's last piece of advice before he leaves the dwarves and Bilbo?
(a) Don't leave the path.
(b) Don't go near the Necromancer's tower.
(c) Keep going straight ahead, no matter what happens.
(d) You must either go through or give up the quest.
3. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
(a) He is half elf and half goblin.
(b) He is half human and half goblin.
(c) He is half human and half hobbit.
(d) He is half elf and half human.
4. What does Gollum call the ring?
(a) My precious.
(b) My hiding place.
(c) My birthday present.
(d) My special secret.
5. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
(a) They see him, but do not bother with him.
(b) They have all been killed by Gandalf's magic.
(c) He is lying quietly in a dark corner.
(d) The are too busy looking at the dwarves and Gandalf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the Dwarves' New Year?
2. Which dwarves are the best at lighting fires?
3. What is obviously magical about Gandalf's sword Glamdring (Foe-hammer)?
4. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
5. What does Bilbo not tell the dwarves about his adventures inside the tunnels?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)