|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day does Elrond read the runes on the swords and on the map?
(a) Bilbo's birthday.
(b) Midsummer morning.
(c) The autumn equinox.
(d) Midsummer's Eve.
2. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
(a) White horses.
(c) The wind.
(d) A mountain.
3. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
(a) Bilbo will become Gollum's slave.
(b) Gollum will hand him over to the goblins in return for food.
(c) Gollum will eat him.
(d) He will have to give the ring back to Gollum.
4. How does the forest catch on fire in Chapter 6?
(a) The goblins light it deliberately to kill the adventurers.
(b) The wargs spread it accidentally after Gandalf sets their coats alight.
(c) A dead tree is hit by summer lightning.
(d) Gandalf lights the fire to attract the attention of the eagles.
5. What is the goblin name for Thorin's sword?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is carrying Bilbo when the goblins find them for the second time?
2. What is Gandalf's last piece of advice before he leaves the dwarves and Bilbo?
3. What is the other name for Rivendell?
4. What color is Bilbo's front door into his hobbit hole?
5. What do the goblins use to beat time while they sing?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)