|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the goblins use to beat time while they sing?
(a) Footsteps and whips.
(b) Drums and gongs.
(c) Cymbals and tamborines.
(d) Hammers and tongs.
2. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(a) He comes to the edge of a subterranean lake.
(b) He blunders into a dead end.
(c) He hears goblins going fishing.
(d) Gollum catches him.
3. Which dwarf puts up the most fight when the trolls try to capture him?
4. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
(a) Tailbiter and Flame of the West.
(b) Truefriend and Goblin-hammer.
(c) Goblin-cleaver and Foe-hammer.
(d) Warhammer and Dragonslayer.
5. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
(a) The skeleton of a drowned knight.
(b) A fish.
(c) Gollum's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
2. What is the other name for Rivendell?
3. What reward do the dwarves give to the eagles at the end of the adventures?
4. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
5. What is Gandalf's last piece of advice before he leaves the dwarves and Bilbo?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)