|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
(a) With his grandmother in a hole in a bank beside a river.
(b) Nowhere - he has always lived on his island.
(c) On the top of a windy mountain.
(d) With the goblins, but he was banished after he ate one of them.
2. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
(a) Steep slopes and deep ravines.
(b) Deceptively green bogs.
(c) Avalanches and rock falls.
(d) A very narrow bridge over a swift-flowing stream.
3. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
(a) Truefriend and Goblin-hammer.
(b) Warhammer and Dragonslayer.
(c) Tailbiter and Flame of the West.
(d) Goblin-cleaver and Foe-hammer.
4. What does Bilbo think the eagles will do to him at first?
(a) He hopes that they will give him a meal.
(b) He is afraid they will drop him over the edge of their eyrie.
(c) He thinks they will give him back to the goblins.
(d) He thinks they plan to eat him.
5. Which of the following devices do the goblins not make (or have made for them)?
(a) Instruments of torture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which troll catches Bilbo in Chapter 2?
2. What weather forces the adventurers to seek shelter in a cave in Chapter 4?
3. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
4. What is Gandalf's last piece of advice before he leaves the dwarves and Bilbo?
5. Where are the elves hiding when they sing nonsense songs to welcome the adventurers to Rivendell?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)