|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the magic ring unable to protect the wearer from the wargs?
(a) Wargs have especially keen hearing.
(b) Wargs can still see the wearer's shadow, even by moonlight.
(c) Wargs can find the wearer by their sense of smell.
(d) Wargs are magical, and the ring does not work on them.
2. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
(a) Truefriend and Goblin-hammer.
(b) Tailbiter and Flame of the West.
(c) Goblin-cleaver and Foe-hammer.
(d) Warhammer and Dragonslayer.
3. Why can't the dwarves hear the goblins coming?
(a) The goblins have made themselves invisible.
(b) The goblins are wearing soft shoes.
(c) The dwarves are talking too loudly.
(d) The echoes inside the caves are too confusing.
4. What day of the week was it when the adventurers were captured?
(a) Tuesday night (or Wednesday morning).
(b) Monday morning (or Sunday night).
(c) Monday night (or Tuesday morning).
(d) Thursday evening (or Thursday morning).
5. Which dwarf has a smoke-ring blowing competition or game with Gandalf?
Short Answer Questions
1. What light are the adventurers using to guide them inside the tunnels in Chapter 4?
2. What is the name of the inn where the dwarves meet Bilbo in Chapter 2?
3. Which dwarf puts up the most fight when the trolls try to capture him?
4. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
5. Which of the following is not a name for the trolls?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)