|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
(a) Truefriend and Goblin-hammer.
(b) Tailbiter and Flame of the West.
(c) Warhammer and Dragonslayer.
(d) Goblin-cleaver and Foe-hammer.
2. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
(a) A slice of bacon.
(b) His pipe and tobacco pouch.
(c) A knife.
(d) A ring.
3. What does Bilbo's handwriting look like?
(a) Flowing and beautiful.
(b) Crabbed and rather clumsy.
(c) Thin and spidery.
(d) Cunning and cryptic.
4. What does Bilbo eat for breakfast when he wakes up in the eagles' eyrie?
(a) Cold mutton and rabbit.
(b) Bacon and eggs.
(c) Bread and water.
(d) Cold ham and apples.
5. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
(a) White horses.
(b) A mountain.
(c) The wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bilbo try to steal from the trolls?
2. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
3. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
4. Which of the following is not a name for the trolls?
5. What sort of drink does Gandalf ask Bilbo to get him in Chapter 1?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)