|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the elves hiding when they sing nonsense songs to welcome the adventurers to Rivendell?
(a) In trees beside the path.
(b) Beside the stream.
(c) Under the narrow stone bridge.
(d) On the roof of Rivendell.
2. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
3. Who carries Bilbo at first as they try to escape from the mines after Gandalf kills the Great Goblin?
4. Why did the wargs come to the clearing where the adventurers were?
(a) The wargs could smell the adventurers and came to hunt them.
(b) They were going to meet the goblins so they could go raiding together.
(c) The wolves were running away from the woodsmen who had settled in the area.
(d) The goblins had sent the wargs to hunt down the adventurers.
5. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
(a) Steep slopes and deep ravines.
(b) Deceptively green bogs.
(c) Avalanches and rock falls.
(d) A very narrow bridge over a swift-flowing stream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reward do the dwarves give to the eagles at the end of the adventures?
2. What color is Thorin's hood?
3. Where does Bilbo hide while the trolls are fighting and arguing?
4. How does the forest catch on fire in Chapter 6?
5. What does Bilbo see at nightfall as they travel towards Mirkwood?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)