|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
(a) With his grandmother in a hole in a bank beside a river.
(b) On the top of a windy mountain.
(c) Nowhere - he has always lived on his island.
(d) With the goblins, but he was banished after he ate one of them.
2. What does Elrond dislike about dwarves?
(a) Their cruelty and wickedness towards dragons.
(b) Their love of gold.
(c) Their singing.
(d) Their long beards.
3. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
(b) The skeleton of a drowned knight.
(c) Gollum's grandmother.
(d) A fish.
4. What day of the week was it when the adventurers were captured?
(a) Monday morning (or Sunday night).
(b) Tuesday night (or Wednesday morning).
(c) Monday night (or Tuesday morning).
(d) Thursday evening (or Thursday morning).
5. What is the name of the inn where the dwarves meet Bilbo in Chapter 2?
(a) The Golden Perch.
(b) The Prancing Pony.
(c) The Bridge and Bottle.
(d) The Green Dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gloin say about Bilbo that enrages Bilbo so much that he overcomes his fears and joins the adventurers?
2. What does Bilbo eat for breakfast when he wakes up in the eagles' eyrie?
3. How does Beorn react to the dwarves' talk of gold, silver and jewels?
4. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
5. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)