|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bilbo hide while the trolls are fighting and arguing?
(a) In the trolls' cave.
(b) Under a sack.
(c) In a bush.
(d) In a tree trunk.
2. What foodstuffs do the adventurers take from the troll's cave for breakfast?
(a) Bacon, beer, rabbit pie, and apples.
(b) Ale, bread, cheese and bacon.
(c) Mutton bones, mince pies and sausages.
(d) Cheese, eggs, sausages, and tomatoes.
3. What is Gandalf's last piece of advice before he leaves the dwarves and Bilbo?
(a) Keep going straight ahead, no matter what happens.
(b) Don't go near the Necromancer's tower.
(c) Don't leave the path.
(d) You must either go through or give up the quest.
4. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
(a) In Thror's kingdom that was destroyed by the dragon.
(b) In the ancient elvish kingdom of Gondolin.
(c) In Rivendell itself.
(d) In the Mines of Moria.
5. What type of enchantments is Gandalf especially good at?
(a) Illusions and turning his enemies to stone.
(b) Prophecy and pathfinding.
(c) Fire and lights.
(d) Calling down lightning and thunder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
2. What was the name of the town of Men that was under the shadow of the Lonely Mountain until the dragon came and destroyed it?
3. What does Elrond dislike about dwarves?
4. What does Gollum call the ring?
5. What does Gloin say about Bilbo that enrages Bilbo so much that he overcomes his fears and joins the adventurers?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)