|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bilbo hide while the trolls are fighting and arguing?
(a) In a tree trunk.
(b) In a bush.
(c) Under a sack.
(d) In the trolls' cave.
2. What is the goblin name for Thorin's sword?
3. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
(a) He is half elf and half human.
(b) He is half human and half goblin.
(c) He is half elf and half goblin.
(d) He is half human and half hobbit.
4. What does Bilbo find to eat as they walk through the woods in Chapter 6?
(a) Sorrel and wild strawberries.
(b) Mushrooms and crab-apples.
(c) Blackberries and strawberries.
(d) Hawthorn berries and blackberries.
5. What does Gollum eat?
(a) Fish and goblins.
(b) Ponies and goblins.
(c) Fish and mushrooms.
(d) Bats and spiders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phase of the moon is showing when Elrond studies the map?
2. What does Gollum call the ring?
3. What is Gandalf's last piece of advice before he leaves the dwarves and Bilbo?
4. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
5. What animals set up the dinner table and light the lamps in Beorn's hall?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)