|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(a) Gollum catches him.
(b) He blunders into a dead end.
(c) He hears goblins going fishing.
(d) He comes to the edge of a subterranean lake.
2. Where are the elves hiding when they sing nonsense songs to welcome the adventurers to Rivendell?
(a) On the roof of Rivendell.
(b) Under the narrow stone bridge.
(c) In trees beside the path.
(d) Beside the stream.
3. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
(a) In Rivendell itself.
(b) In the ancient elvish kingdom of Gondolin.
(c) In the Mines of Moria.
(d) In Thror's kingdom that was destroyed by the dragon.
4. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
(a) Avalanches and rock falls.
(b) Deceptively green bogs.
(c) Steep slopes and deep ravines.
(d) A very narrow bridge over a swift-flowing stream.
5. Which of the following is not a name for the trolls?
Short Answer Questions
1. What first alerts the Lord of the Eagles to the events in the wood?
2. What is Beorn doing when Gandalf and Bilbo arrive at his house?
3. Which dwarves are the best at lighting fires?
4. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
5. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)