|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
(b) The skeleton of a drowned knight.
(c) Gollum's grandmother.
(d) A fish.
2. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
(a) Warhammer and Dragonslayer.
(b) Goblin-cleaver and Foe-hammer.
(c) Truefriend and Goblin-hammer.
(d) Tailbiter and Flame of the West.
3. Which dwarf has a smoke-ring blowing competition or game with Gandalf?
4. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
(a) He will have to give the ring back to Gollum.
(b) Gollum will eat him.
(c) Gollum will hand him over to the goblins in return for food.
(d) Bilbo will become Gollum's slave.
5. Which dwarf puts up the most fight when the trolls try to capture him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What light are the adventurers using to guide them inside the tunnels in Chapter 4?
2. What does Bilbo take from the trolls' hoard of loot?
3. What animals does Bilbo sense as he wanders through the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
4. Who is carrying Bilbo when the goblins find them for the second time?
5. What does Gloin say about Bilbo that enrages Bilbo so much that he overcomes his fears and joins the adventurers?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)