|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(a) He blunders into a dead end.
(b) Gollum catches him.
(c) He hears goblins going fishing.
(d) He comes to the edge of a subterranean lake.
2. What does Bilbo take from the trolls' hoard of loot?
(a) A long beautiful sword in a jewelled scabbard.
(b) A knife big enough to serve him as a short sword.
(c) A pot full of gold coins.
(d) A large, clumsy key.
3. What does Bilbo try to steal from the trolls?
(a) A pony.
(b) A jug of beer.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A purse.
4. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
(a) They see him, but do not bother with him.
(b) The are too busy looking at the dwarves and Gandalf.
(c) They have all been killed by Gandalf's magic.
(d) He is lying quietly in a dark corner.
5. What sort of drink does Gandalf ask Bilbo to get him in Chapter 1?
(b) Red wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is obviously magical about Gandalf's sword Glamdring (Foe-hammer)?
2. What weather forces the adventurers to seek shelter in a cave in Chapter 4?
3. What does Gollum call the ring?
4. Which of the following is not a name for the trolls?
5. Which troll catches Bilbo in Chapter 2?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)