|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the final fate of the ponies?
(a) They starved to death.
(b) They escaped back to Rivendell.
(c) The goblins used them to draw carts in the mines.
(d) The goblins ate them.
2. What does Elrond dislike about dwarves?
(a) Their love of gold.
(b) Their singing.
(c) Their long beards.
(d) Their cruelty and wickedness towards dragons.
3. Who carries Bilbo at first as they try to escape from the mines after Gandalf kills the Great Goblin?
4. Why can't the dwarves hear the goblins coming?
(a) The dwarves are talking too loudly.
(b) The echoes inside the caves are too confusing.
(c) The goblins have made themselves invisible.
(d) The goblins are wearing soft shoes.
5. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
(a) He is half elf and half goblin.
(b) He is half human and half goblin.
(c) He is half human and half hobbit.
(d) He is half elf and half human.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
2. Which troll catches Bilbo in Chapter 2?
3. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
4. Where does Bilbo hide while the trolls are fighting and arguing?
5. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)