|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What light are the adventurers using to guide them inside the tunnels in Chapter 4?
(a) A strange green glow given off by Gandalf's smoke rings.
(b) The magical light given off by Orcrist and Glamdring when goblins are nearby.
(c) A torch dropped by a goblin when Thorin killed one.
(d) The magical glow on Gandalf's staff.
2. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
(a) Steep slopes and deep ravines.
(b) Avalanches and rock falls.
(c) Deceptively green bogs.
(d) A very narrow bridge over a swift-flowing stream.
3. What is the goblin name for Thorin's sword?
4. Which of the following is not a name for the trolls?
5. Which dwarf puts up the most fight when the trolls try to capture him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which dwarf has a smoke-ring blowing competition or game with Gandalf?
2. What was the final fate of the ponies?
3. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
4. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
5. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)