|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gloin say about Bilbo that enrages Bilbo so much that he overcomes his fears and joins the adventurers?
(a) As fierce as a dragon in a pinch.
(b) Little fellow bobbing on the mat.
(c) Our friend and fellow conspirator.
(d) More like a grocer than a burglar.
2. Who is carrying Bilbo when the goblins find them for the second time?
3. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
(a) Gollum will hand him over to the goblins in return for food.
(b) Gollum will eat him.
(c) He will have to give the ring back to Gollum.
(d) Bilbo will become Gollum's slave.
4. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(a) He comes to the edge of a subterranean lake.
(b) He blunders into a dead end.
(c) Gollum catches him.
(d) He hears goblins going fishing.
5. What is another name for the Dwarves' New Year?
(a) Durin's Day.
(b) The Day of the Thrush.
(c) The Threshold of Winter.
(d) The Hunter's Moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument does Thorin Oakenshield play?
2. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
3. What does Gollum call the ring?
4. Where are the elves hiding when they sing nonsense songs to welcome the adventurers to Rivendell?
5. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)