|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
(a) In Thror's kingdom that was destroyed by the dragon.
(b) In the ancient elvish kingdom of Gondolin.
(c) In Rivendell itself.
(d) In the Mines of Moria.
2. What does Gollum eat?
(a) Fish and goblins.
(b) Bats and spiders.
(c) Ponies and goblins.
(d) Fish and mushrooms.
3. What does Thorin use as a weapon against the trolls in Chapter 2?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A cauldron of boiling water.
(c) A burning branch from the fire.
(d) A branch torn off a tree.
4. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
5. What is obviously magical about Gandalf's sword Glamdring (Foe-hammer)?
(a) It cannot be taken out of the owner's hand unless the owner is killed.
(b) It burns blue when goblins are nearby.
(c) It becomes invisible when the owner is in danger.
(d) It emits a high-pitched screeching sound when it kills goblins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cooking method do the trolls decide on first of all before Gandalf stirs up the argument again?
2. Where does Bilbo hide while the trolls are fighting and arguing?
3. Who is the first dwarf to arrive at Bilbo's house in Chapter 1?
4. Which dwarf has a smoke-ring blowing competition or game with Gandalf?
5. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)