|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What musical instrument does Thorin Oakenshield play?
(a) A flute.
(b) A fiddle.
(c) A clarinet.
(d) A harp.
2. What phase of the moon is showing when Elrond studies the map?
(a) A gibbous moon.
(b) A full moon.
(c) A new moon.
(d) A crescent moon.
3. On what day does Elrond read the runes on the swords and on the map?
(a) Midsummer's Eve.
(b) Midsummer morning.
(c) The autumn equinox.
(d) Bilbo's birthday.
4. Which of the following devices do the goblins not make (or have made for them)?
(d) Instruments of torture.
5. Who found the cave in Chapter 4?
(a) Fili and Kili.
(b) Gandalf and Bilbo.
(c) Balin and Dwalin.
(d) Bifur, Bofur and Bombur.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
2. Which dwarf has a smoke-ring blowing competition or game with Gandalf?
3. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
4. What is the other name for Rivendell?
5. Where does Bilbo hide while the trolls are fighting and arguing?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)