|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
(a) Nowhere - he has always lived on his island.
(b) On the top of a windy mountain.
(c) With the goblins, but he was banished after he ate one of them.
(d) With his grandmother in a hole in a bank beside a river.
2. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
(a) His ring helps him walk across the surface of the water.
(b) He rides on the back of blind fish.
(c) He paddles a little boat.
(d) He swims, as he is an excellent swimmer.
3. Which dwarf has a smoke-ring blowing competition or game with Gandalf?
4. Which of the following devices do the goblins not make (or have made for them)?
(d) Instruments of torture.
5. What game or sport was accidentally invented by Bilbo's ancestor Bullroarer Took?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gloin say about Bilbo that enrages Bilbo so much that he overcomes his fears and joins the adventurers?
2. Who found the cave in Chapter 4?
3. What does Gollum eat?
4. What cooking method do the trolls decide on first of all before Gandalf stirs up the argument again?
5. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)