|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which dwarves are the best at lighting fires?
(a) Oin and Gloin.
(b) Nori and Ori.
(c) Bifur and Bofur.
(d) Kili and Fili.
2. What skills or interests does the Master have that have made him the ruler of Laketown?
(a) His love of old songs.
(b) His knowledge of the Elvish languages.
(c) His excellent memory and people skills.
(d) His economic expertise.
3. What is the first landmark feature that Bilbo notices as the barrel he is riding takes him out of the forest?
(a) The Long Lake.
(b) A landslide.
(c) The Iron Hills to the northeast of the lake.
(d) The Lonely Mountain.
4. What type of bird brings Bilbo and the dwarves the news of the dragon's death?
(a) A crow.
(b) A raven.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A thrush.
5. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
(b) The wind.
(c) A mountain.
(d) White horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
2. Why is the magic ring unable to protect the wearer from the wargs?
3. Why is the King of the Wood Elves wiser than the men of Laketown?
4. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
5. What is the goblin name for Thorin's sword?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)