|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which pair of dwarves are the youngest?
(a) Oin and Gloin.
(b) Fili and Kili.
(c) Balin and Dwalin.
(d) Dori and Nori.
2. Which dwarf has to come to Beorn's house alone?
3. What does Bilbo think the eagles will do to him at first?
(a) He hopes that they will give him a meal.
(b) He is afraid they will drop him over the edge of their eyrie.
(c) He thinks they will give him back to the goblins.
(d) He thinks they plan to eat him.
4. What is the Elf King's crown made of during autumn (fall)?
(a) Berries and red leaves.
(b) Oak leaves and acorns.
(c) Silver and white gems.
(d) Gold and emeralds.
5. What weather forces the adventurers to seek shelter in a cave in Chapter 4?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) Hail and sleet.
(c) A blizzard.
(d) A hurricane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bilbo try to steal from the trolls?
2. Who carries Bilbo at first as they try to escape from the mines after Gandalf kills the Great Goblin?
3. What is the weak point in Bilbo's plan of escape from the elves?
4. Who found the cave in Chapter 4?
5. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)