|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom was the armor Bilbo is rewarded with in Chapter 13 originally made?
(a) Bullroarer Took as a reward for killing the goblin chieftain.
(b) The bride of the King Under the Mountain.
(c) A young elf prince.
(d) Thorin when he was younger.
2. What is the name of the hill close to where the dwarves and Bilbo make their first camp approaching the Lonely Mountain?
3. Apart from the dragon, what other animals live inside the Lonely Mountain?
4. Which dwarf puts up the most fight when the trolls try to capture him?
5. How does Bilbo know that the gem he stumbles across is the Arkenstone?
(a) He does not know it is the Arkenstone at all and fails to recognize it.
(b) Bilbo recognizes it from Thorin's description.
(c) It is written in letters of gold across one of the facets of the stone.
(d) He hears the ghost of a long-dead dwarf whisper its name to him as he picks it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bilbo manage to steal from Smaug in Chapter 12?
2. What was the final fate of the ponies?
3. What phase of the moon is showing when Bilbo realizes that Durin's Day has come and they can find the keyhole?
4. What light are the adventurers using to guide them inside the tunnels in Chapter 4?
5. What reward do the dwarves give to the eagles at the end of the adventures?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)