|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the forest catch on fire in Chapter 6?
(a) A dead tree is hit by summer lightning.
(b) Gandalf lights the fire to attract the attention of the eagles.
(c) The wargs spread it accidentally after Gandalf sets their coats alight.
(d) The goblins light it deliberately to kill the adventurers.
2. What is the other name for Rivendell?
(a) The Last Homely House.
(b) The Hidden Valley.
(c) The Edge of the Wild.
(d) The Valley of the Elves.
3. What first alerts the Lord of the Eagles to the events in the wood?
(a) The line of goblin soldiers marching towards the forest.
(b) The howling of the wolves.
(c) The flames in the forest.
(d) A magical message from Gandalf.
4. How high is the doorway that leads into the secret tunnel in Chapter 11?
(a) We are not told.
(b) Five feet high.
(c) Three feet high.
(d) Six feet high.
5. What does Bilbo most want to happen while the dwarves are preparing for a siege by the elves and Lakemen?
(a) He wants to steal away with his share of the treasure and leave the dwarves to fight the Lakemen over the rest.
(b) He wants a peaceful resolution to the situation - and enough food
(c) He wants Gandalf to turn up and take him back to his hobbit hole again.
(d) He wants the armies to go away and leave them alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
2. Which dwarf has to come to Beorn's house alone?
3. What does Bilbo manage to steal from Smaug in Chapter 12?
4. What happened outside Beorn's hall on the first night the adventurers stayed there?
5. Which of the following does Bard not use as a reason why the dwarves should share the treasure with the people of Laketown?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)