|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bilbo kill the spiders who have captured the dwarves in their webs?
(a) He uses strands of their own webs to make nooses and strangles them.
(b) He throws stones at them.
(c) He stabs them stealthily with Sting.
(d) He enrages them so much that they fall out of their trees to their deaths.
2. What does Bilbo take from the trolls' hoard of loot?
(a) A long beautiful sword in a jewelled scabbard.
(b) A pot full of gold coins.
(c) A knife big enough to serve him as a short sword.
(d) A large, clumsy key.
3. Who sit beside Thorin at the high table after Thorin proclaims himself as the descendant of Thror, King Under the Mountain?
(a) Fili and Kili.
(b) Bilbo and the Master.
(c) Bofur and Bombur.
(d) Dwalin and Balin.
4. For whom was the armor Bilbo is rewarded with in Chapter 13 originally made?
(a) The bride of the King Under the Mountain.
(b) Thorin when he was younger.
(c) Bullroarer Took as a reward for killing the goblin chieftain.
(d) A young elf prince.
5. What animals does Bilbo sense as he wanders through the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(d) None - the goblins have eaten everything alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other name for Rivendell?
2. What type of bird is named in the moon-letters on the map?
3. Why don't the adventurers drink from the black stream in the middle of Mirkwood?
4. Who is the first to see the lights from the elves' feast?
5. Who carries Bilbo at first as they try to escape from the mines after Gandalf kills the Great Goblin?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)