|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, with whom does the chief guard get drunk?
(a) The king's butler.
(b) The Elf King.
(c) The men who guided the barrels up the river.
(d) The other guards.
2. Who does Bilbo see first after escaping Gollum and the dark tunnels?
3. What is Thorin considering doing when he learns that the other dwarves are also in prison with him?
(a) Swearing to become a slave of the elves for the rest of his life.
(b) Promising the Elvenking a share of the treasure.
(c) Telling the Elvenking about the quest and the treasure.
(d) Committing suicide.
4. What does the Master believe about Thorin and his company at first?
(a) That they are frauds.
(b) That Thorin is the true King Under the Mountain.
(c) That Thorin will be killed by the dragon.
(d) That Thorin will be a worthy ally and trade partner.
5. What is the goblin name for Thorin's sword?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bilbo not tell the dwarves about his adventures inside the tunnels?
2. What is the other name for the Arkenstone?
3. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
4. What does Gollum call the ring?
5. What do the dwarves suggest that Bilbo should do when they begin to despair of being able to open the secret door in Chapter 11?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)