|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Elf King's crown made of during autumn (fall)?
(a) Silver and white gems.
(b) Berries and red leaves.
(c) Gold and emeralds.
(d) Oak leaves and acorns.
2. What does Bilbo's handwriting look like?
(a) Flowing and beautiful.
(b) Cunning and cryptic.
(c) Thin and spidery.
(d) Crabbed and rather clumsy.
3. What colors is Smaug?
(a) Red and gold.
(b) Red and green.
(c) Green and gold.
(d) Red and black.
4. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
(a) He is lying quietly in a dark corner.
(b) The are too busy looking at the dwarves and Gandalf.
(c) They see him, but do not bother with him.
(d) They have all been killed by Gandalf's magic.
5. What does Bilbo manage to steal from Smaug in Chapter 12?
(a) A golden cup.
(b) A pocketful of gold coins.
(c) A sharp sword.
(d) A necklace of rubies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most common building material used in Laketown?
2. Who is supposed to be on watch when Bilbo steals out of the stronghold to the elves and Lakemen?
3. How does the forest catch on fire in Chapter 6?
4. What happened outside Beorn's hall on the first night the adventurers stayed there?
5. What is the name of Gandalf's cousin?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)