|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
(a) Gollum's grandmother.
(b) A fish.
(c) The skeleton of a drowned knight.
2. Who is supposed to be on watch when Bilbo steals out of the stronghold to the elves and Lakemen?
3. What animals set up the dinner table and light the lamps in Beorn's hall?
(a) Sheep, cattle and cats.
(b) Bears, boars and oxen.
(c) Ponies, dogs and sheep.
(d) Bees, eagles and enslaved wolves.
4. What does Gollum call the ring?
(a) My special secret.
(b) My precious.
(c) My birthday present.
(d) My hiding place.
5. What does Elrond dislike about dwarves?
(a) Their love of gold.
(b) Their long beards.
(c) Their cruelty and wickedness towards dragons.
(d) Their singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beorn doing when Gandalf and Bilbo arrive at his house?
2. Why do the people of Lake-town destroy the bridges as a defense against the onslaught of the dragon?
3. What does Bilbo manage to steal from Smaug in Chapter 12?
4. How old is Roac the raven?
5. Who carries Bilbo at first as they try to escape from the mines after Gandalf kills the Great Goblin?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)