|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of enchantments is Gandalf especially good at?
(a) Illusions and turning his enemies to stone.
(b) Calling down lightning and thunder.
(c) Fire and lights.
(d) Prophecy and pathfinding.
2. Who sit beside Thorin at the high table after Thorin proclaims himself as the descendant of Thror, King Under the Mountain?
(a) Bilbo and the Master.
(b) Fili and Kili.
(c) Dwalin and Balin.
(d) Bofur and Bombur.
3. What does Bilbo manage to steal from Smaug in Chapter 12?
(a) A sharp sword.
(b) A golden cup.
(c) A necklace of rubies.
(d) A pocketful of gold coins.
4. How does Bilbo find food while skulking around in the Elvenking's palace?
(a) He slips out through the magic gates and goes hunting.
(b) He scrounges it off the rubbish heaps of the elves.
(c) He steals it from the stores or the table when nobody is looking.
(d) He takes it out of the barrels sent to Esgaroth.
5. How high is the doorway that leads into the secret tunnel in Chapter 11?
(a) Six feet high.
(b) Three feet high.
(c) Five feet high.
(d) We are not told.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phase of the moon is showing when Elrond studies the map?
2. What is the Elf King's crown made of during autumn (fall)?
3. Why are the dwarves glad to be captured by the elves (at first)?
4. Why is Bard astonished when the thrush lands on his shoulder?
5. What did Smaug meet in his nightmare before he wakes up?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)