|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the other name for the Arkenstone?
(a) The Heart of the Dragon.
(b) The Heart of the Mountain.
(c) The Heart of Darkness.
(d) The Mountain of Light.
2. After they have defeated the spiders, who do the adventurers discover is missing?
3. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
(a) Warhammer and Dragonslayer.
(b) Tailbiter and Flame of the West.
(c) Goblin-cleaver and Foe-hammer.
(d) Truefriend and Goblin-hammer.
4. What does Thorin use as a weapon against the trolls in Chapter 2?
(a) A branch torn off a tree.
(b) A burning branch from the fire.
(c) A cauldron of boiling water.
(d) A dagger.
5. How does the forest catch on fire in Chapter 6?
(a) The goblins light it deliberately to kill the adventurers.
(b) A dead tree is hit by summer lightning.
(c) The wargs spread it accidentally after Gandalf sets their coats alight.
(d) Gandalf lights the fire to attract the attention of the eagles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question of Balin's enraged the Elvenking?
2. Who is the first to see the lights from the elves' feast?
3. What weapons do the Wood Elves use when they take the dwarves prisoner?
4. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
5. What type of bird brings Bilbo and the dwarves the news of the dragon's death?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)