|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the goblins use to beat time while they sing?
(a) Drums and gongs.
(b) Hammers and tongs.
(c) Cymbals and tamborines.
(d) Footsteps and whips.
2. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
(a) He swims, as he is an excellent swimmer.
(b) He paddles a little boat.
(c) He rides on the back of blind fish.
(d) His ring helps him walk across the surface of the water.
3. What animals does Bilbo sense as he wanders through the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(d) None - the goblins have eaten everything alive.
4. What mistaken belief is held by the younger people of Laketown?
(a) They believe that Thorin is not the rightful King Under the Mountain.
(b) They believe that the dragon does not exist.
(c) They believe that the dragon is harmless and even friendly.
(d) They believe that the river will flow with gold once the King Under the Mountain returns.
5. What phase of the moon is showing when Bilbo realizes that Durin's Day has come and they can find the keyhole?
(a) A full moon.
(b) A half moon.
(c) A waning crescent.
(d) A new moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can the dwarves and Bilbo reach the third camp outside the 'doorstep'?
2. What animals or creatures can be found near the doorstep?
3. What cooking method do the trolls decide on first of all before Gandalf stirs up the argument again?
4. What is another name for the Dwarves' New Year?
5. What is the other name for the Arkenstone?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)