|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the King of the Wood Elves wiser than the men of Laketown?
(a) He knows a way to kill Smaug that the Lake-men do not.
(b) He believes in the old songs and tales that the Master of Laketown has forgotten about.
(c) He quickly realizes how the dwarves managed to escape from his dungeons.
(d) He realizes that the dwarves will have to steal from Smaug rather than attempt to kill him, which is what the Lake-men believe.
2. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
(a) He is half human and half hobbit.
(b) He is half elf and half goblin.
(c) He is half human and half goblin.
(d) He is half elf and half human.
3. Why are the dwarves glad to be captured by the elves (at first)?
(a) They are starving, and the elves will give their prisoners food.
(b) The elves have been friends with the dwarves for hundreds of years.
(c) They know that if they promise the elves a share of their treasure, they will be set free.
(d) They guess that the elves have taken Thorin prisoner and they want to be reunited with him.
4. What animals does Bilbo sense as he wanders through the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(a) None - the goblins have eaten everything alive.
5. What is the most common building material used in Laketown?
(a) Rammed earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bombur choose to stay below and guard the ponies in Chapter 11?
2. What type of birds inhabit the area of the mountain and valleys closest to the Front Gate?
3. How many goblins grab Bilbo?
4. What does Bilbo find to eat as they walk through the woods in Chapter 6?
5. What question of Balin's enraged the Elvenking?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)