|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
2. How does Bilbo kill the spiders who have captured the dwarves in their webs?
(a) He uses strands of their own webs to make nooses and strangles them.
(b) He enrages them so much that they fall out of their trees to their deaths.
(c) He throws stones at them.
(d) He stabs them stealthily with Sting.
3. What cooking method do the trolls decide on first of all before Gandalf stirs up the argument again?
(a) Roasting the dwarves slowly.
(b) Mincing them and making them into pies.
(c) Sitting on them and squashing them.
(d) Mincing them and boiling them.
4. What phase of the moon is showing when Elrond studies the map?
(a) A crescent moon.
(b) A full moon.
(c) A new moon.
(d) A gibbous moon.
5. What does Bilbo eat for breakfast when he wakes up in the eagles' eyrie?
(a) Bacon and eggs.
(b) Cold ham and apples.
(c) Bread and water.
(d) Cold mutton and rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals do the adventurers see quite frequently in the early stages of their journey through Mirkwood?
2. What is Gandalf's last piece of advice before he leaves the dwarves and Bilbo?
3. What does Thorin take as armor and weapons from the hoard of Smaug's treasure?
4. Why do the people of Lake-town destroy the bridges as a defense against the onslaught of the dragon?
5. What is the first landmark feature that Bilbo notices as the barrel he is riding takes him out of the forest?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)