|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Smaug react with such great fury in Chapter 12?
(a) He is extremely disturbed by his nightmare.
(b) He is hungry after his long sleep and his hunger infuriates him.
(c) He smells the dwarves and realizes that they are coming to kill him.
(d) He is outraged that someone has dared to steal from him.
2. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
3. Which dwarf is not present on the Doorstep when the door is finally opened?
4. What does Bilbo see at nightfall as they travel towards Mirkwood?
(a) Spies and servants of the Necromancer.
(b) Wargs and goblins trying to sneak past Beorn's borders.
(c) The borrowed ponies trying to escape.
(d) A great black bear (Beorn in his animal shape) following them.
5. Why does Bombur choose to stay below and guard the ponies in Chapter 11?
(a) He is very fond of the ponies and doesn't want to leave them behind.
(b) He does not believe that Bilbo and the others have really found the secret door.
(c) He lost a bet and had to go on guard duty as a result.
(d) He thinks he is too fat for the ropes and that he will get dizzy or trip on the path.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is mostly transported by river inside the barrels from the people of Laketown to the Wood Elves?
2. Who sit beside Thorin at the high table after Thorin proclaims himself as the descendant of Thror, King Under the Mountain?
3. What does Bilbo most want to happen while the dwarves are preparing for a siege by the elves and Lakemen?
4. What sort of elves have taken Thorin prisoner?
5. What does the Master believe about Thorin and his company at first?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)