|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who found the cave in Chapter 4?
(a) Gandalf and Bilbo.
(b) Bifur, Bofur and Bombur.
(c) Fili and Kili.
(d) Balin and Dwalin.
2. How long do the dwarves and Bilbo stay in Laketown?
(a) We are not told.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) Two days.
3. What does Bilbo eat for breakfast when he wakes up in the eagles' eyrie?
(a) Cold mutton and rabbit.
(b) Cold ham and apples.
(c) Bread and water.
(d) Bacon and eggs.
4. What does Bilbo most want to happen while the dwarves are preparing for a siege by the elves and Lakemen?
(a) He wants to steal away with his share of the treasure and leave the dwarves to fight the Lakemen over the rest.
(b) He wants Gandalf to turn up and take him back to his hobbit hole again.
(c) He wants the armies to go away and leave them alone.
(d) He wants a peaceful resolution to the situation - and enough food
5. Who is the first to see the lights from the elves' feast?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is supposed to be on watch when Bilbo steals out of the stronghold to the elves and Lakemen?
2. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
3. What wakes Bilbo up from his sleep after he realizes he is alone in Chapter 8, after coming across the elves' feast?
4. What is the first landmark feature that Bilbo notices as the barrel he is riding takes him out of the forest?
5. What skills or interests does the Master have that have made him the ruler of Laketown?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)