|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the full name of the grim-faced man who habitually predicts disasters like floods and poisoned fish?
(a) Bard the Bowman.
(b) Bard ap Girion.
(c) Bowman the Bard.
(d) Bard of Esgaroth.
2. What animals do the adventurers see quite frequently in the early stages of their journey through Mirkwood?
(b) Poisonous snakes.
(c) Wild boars.
(d) Black squirrels.
3. What was the final fate of the ponies?
(a) The goblins used them to draw carts in the mines.
(b) The goblins ate them.
(c) They escaped back to Rivendell.
(d) They starved to death.
4. What light are the adventurers using to guide them inside the tunnels in Chapter 4?
(a) The magical glow on Gandalf's staff.
(b) The magical light given off by Orcrist and Glamdring when goblins are nearby.
(c) A torch dropped by a goblin when Thorin killed one.
(d) A strange green glow given off by Gandalf's smoke rings.
5. What phase of the moon is showing when Elrond studies the map?
(a) A full moon.
(b) A new moon.
(c) A crescent moon.
(d) A gibbous moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who found the cave in Chapter 4?
2. How does Bilbo find food while skulking around in the Elvenking's palace?
3. What type of birds inhabit the area of the mountain and valleys closest to the Front Gate?
4. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
5. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)