|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week was it when the adventurers were captured?
(a) Monday night (or Tuesday morning).
(b) Thursday evening (or Thursday morning).
(c) Tuesday night (or Wednesday morning).
(d) Monday morning (or Sunday night).
2. What weapons do the Wood Elves use when they take the dwarves prisoner?
(a) Whips and clubs.
(b) Swords and daggers.
(c) They freeze the dwarves with their magical powers.
(d) Bows and spears.
3. Who is carrying Bilbo when the goblins find them for the second time?
4. What does Gollum call the ring?
(a) My precious.
(b) My special secret.
(c) My hiding place.
(d) My birthday present.
5. How many goblins grab Bilbo?
(c) None - Bilbo escapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phase of the moon is showing when Elrond studies the map?
2. What weather forces the adventurers to seek shelter in a cave in Chapter 4?
3. After they have defeated the spiders, who do the adventurers discover is missing?
4. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
5. What skills or interests does the Master have that have made him the ruler of Laketown?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)