|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the goblins use to beat time while they sing?
(a) Cymbals and tamborines.
(b) Hammers and tongs.
(c) Drums and gongs.
(d) Footsteps and whips.
2. What colors of flame does Gandalf use to drive the wolves back with?
(a) Red, yellow and orange.
(b) Green, black and white.
(c) Blue, red and green.
(d) Blue, white and purple.
3. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
(a) In Rivendell itself.
(b) In the ancient elvish kingdom of Gondolin.
(c) In Thror's kingdom that was destroyed by the dragon.
(d) In the Mines of Moria.
4. What prediction of Gandalf's comes true in Chapter 9?
(a) They will be unable to reach the Lonely Mountain by Durin's Day.
(b) The dwarves have learned to trust Bilbo to save them.
(c) They will have to abandon their quest and return to digging coal.
(d) They came to disaster when they left the path in Mirkwood.
5. What is mostly transported by river inside the barrels from the people of Laketown to the Wood Elves?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to see the lights from the elves' feast?
2. What is the name of the hill close to where the dwarves and Bilbo make their first camp approaching the Lonely Mountain?
3. What does Bilbo deduce from seeing the smoke and steam issuing from the Front Gate?
4. Why don't the adventurers drink from the black stream in the middle of Mirkwood?
5. What sort of elves have taken Thorin prisoner?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)