|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the wargs come to the clearing where the adventurers were?
(a) The wargs could smell the adventurers and came to hunt them.
(b) The goblins had sent the wargs to hunt down the adventurers.
(c) They were going to meet the goblins so they could go raiding together.
(d) The wolves were running away from the woodsmen who had settled in the area.
2. What colors is Smaug?
(a) Green and gold.
(b) Red and black.
(c) Red and gold.
(d) Red and green.
3. What special ability does Beorn have?
(a) He can lift rocks as big as the Carrock.
(b) He can hunt any animal alive with his bare hands.
(c) He can handle bees without being stung.
(d) He can change from a man into a black bear.
4. What does Bilbo not tell the dwarves about his adventures inside the tunnels?
(a) That his little sword is an elvish blade like Glamdring and Orcrist.
(b) That he now has a ring that makes him invisible when he puts it on.
(c) That Gollum wanted to eat him if he lost the riddle contest.
(d) That he had pity on Gollum and did not kill him when he had the chance.
5. Why can Bard understand the speech of the thrush?
(a) The thrush spoke Bard's native language.
(b) He has studied the language of birds and is used to it.
(c) His ancestors came from Dale, where the people had the power of understanding the speech of birds.
(d) It was a special, magical thrush that could make any human that spoke to it understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How high is the doorway that leads into the secret tunnel in Chapter 11?
2. In Chapter 16, who does Bilbo deal with and offer his share of the treasure to, along with the Arkenstone?
3. What mistaken belief is held by the younger people of Laketown?
4. What does Bilbo most want to happen while the dwarves are preparing for a siege by the elves and Lakemen?
5. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)