|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bilbo not tell the dwarves about his adventures inside the tunnels?
(a) That he now has a ring that makes him invisible when he puts it on.
(b) That Gollum wanted to eat him if he lost the riddle contest.
(c) That his little sword is an elvish blade like Glamdring and Orcrist.
(d) That he had pity on Gollum and did not kill him when he had the chance.
2. What wakes Bilbo up from his sleep after he realizes he is alone in Chapter 8, after coming across the elves' feast?
(a) The shouts and cries of the dwarves.
(b) The hunting horn of the elf king.
(c) A spider, which is trying to wrap him up in sticky thread.
(d) A high-pitched buzzing noise made by a fly attempting to escape from the spiders.
3. Which of the following devices do the goblins not make (or have made for them)?
(a) Instruments of torture.
4. Why does Bombur fall into the enchanted river?
(a) Dwalin knocks him in accidentally.
(b) He is too fat and clumsy to jump out of the boat without stumbling.
(c) A deer knocks him in.
(d) The boat starts floating downstream so he jumps into the water.
5. What does Bilbo see at nightfall as they travel towards Mirkwood?
(a) Wargs and goblins trying to sneak past Beorn's borders.
(b) Spies and servants of the Necromancer.
(c) The borrowed ponies trying to escape.
(d) A great black bear (Beorn in his animal shape) following them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bilbo find food while skulking around in the Elvenking's palace?
2. What is mostly transported by river inside the barrels from the people of Laketown to the Wood Elves?
3. What was the final fate of the ponies?
4. What does Bilbo's handwriting look like?
5. What colors of flame does Gandalf use to drive the wolves back with?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)