|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the magic ring unable to protect the wearer from the wargs?
(a) Wargs are magical, and the ring does not work on them.
(b) Wargs have especially keen hearing.
(c) Wargs can still see the wearer's shadow, even by moonlight.
(d) Wargs can find the wearer by their sense of smell.
2. What animals does Bilbo sense as he wanders through the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(b) None - the goblins have eaten everything alive.
3. What is mostly transported by river inside the barrels from the people of Laketown to the Wood Elves?
4. What happened to Thorin's sword Orcrist?
(a) It had become hopelessly rusty in the trip down the river.
(b) Nothing - Thorin uses it to enhance his kingly apperance when he presents himself to the Master of Laketown.
(c) The King of the Wood Elves took it from Thorin when he was made prisoner.
(d) It had fallen off and become lost while the Eagles were rescuing the adventurers from the wargs and goblins.
5. What reward do the dwarves give to the eagles at the end of the adventures?
(a) A golden crown for the Lord of Eagles and golden collars for his fifteen chieftans.
(b) A wagon load of silver and gold.
(c) A magnificent necklace set with rubies and emeralds.
(d) Specially designed spurs of steel that will help them fight agains the goblins better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gollum eat?
2. What advice does Roac give to Thorin about the Lakemen?
3. Which of the following methods do the dwarves not use in an attempt to open the secret door before the keyhole is revealed?
4. For whom was the armor Bilbo is rewarded with in Chapter 13 originally made?
5. What phase of the moon is showing when Bilbo realizes that Durin's Day has come and they can find the keyhole?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)