|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a name for the trolls?
2. Who is carrying Bilbo when the goblins find them for the second time?
3. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
(a) He will have to give the ring back to Gollum.
(b) Gollum will eat him.
(c) Gollum will hand him over to the goblins in return for food.
(d) Bilbo will become Gollum's slave.
4. What does Bilbo find to eat as they walk through the woods in Chapter 6?
(a) Blackberries and strawberries.
(b) Hawthorn berries and blackberries.
(c) Mushrooms and crab-apples.
(d) Sorrel and wild strawberries.
5. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
(a) Deceptively green bogs.
(b) Avalanches and rock falls.
(c) A very narrow bridge over a swift-flowing stream.
(d) Steep slopes and deep ravines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the wargs come to the clearing where the adventurers were?
2. Who carries Bilbo at first as they try to escape from the mines after Gandalf kills the Great Goblin?
3. What does Bilbo learn about his sword in Chapter 5?
4. What is the goblin name for Thorin's sword?
5. What foodstuffs do the adventurers take from the troll's cave for breakfast?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)