|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of enchantments is Gandalf especially good at?
(a) Calling down lightning and thunder.
(b) Illusions and turning his enemies to stone.
(c) Fire and lights.
(d) Prophecy and pathfinding.
2. What day of the week was it when the adventurers were captured?
(a) Monday morning (or Sunday night).
(b) Tuesday night (or Wednesday morning).
(c) Monday night (or Tuesday morning).
(d) Thursday evening (or Thursday morning).
3. What is the goblin name for Thorin's sword?
4. How does the forest catch on fire in Chapter 6?
(a) The goblins light it deliberately to kill the adventurers.
(b) The wargs spread it accidentally after Gandalf sets their coats alight.
(c) Gandalf lights the fire to attract the attention of the eagles.
(d) A dead tree is hit by summer lightning.
5. Who carries Bilbo at first as they try to escape from the mines after Gandalf kills the Great Goblin?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
2. What cooking method do the trolls decide on first of all before Gandalf stirs up the argument again?
3. Why can't the dwarves hear the goblins coming?
4. What is obviously magical about Gandalf's sword Glamdring (Foe-hammer)?
5. What do the goblins use to beat time while they sing?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)