|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gollum eat?
(a) Ponies and goblins.
(b) Fish and mushrooms.
(c) Fish and goblins.
(d) Bats and spiders.
2. What phase of the moon is showing when Elrond studies the map?
(a) A new moon.
(b) A gibbous moon.
(c) A full moon.
(d) A crescent moon.
3. What animals does Bilbo sense as he wanders through the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(b) None - the goblins have eaten everything alive.
4. What does Bilbo find to eat as they walk through the woods in Chapter 6?
(a) Blackberries and strawberries.
(b) Hawthorn berries and blackberries.
(c) Mushrooms and crab-apples.
(d) Sorrel and wild strawberries.
5. What does Bilbo take from the trolls' hoard of loot?
(a) A long beautiful sword in a jewelled scabbard.
(b) A knife big enough to serve him as a short sword.
(c) A large, clumsy key.
(d) A pot full of gold coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
2. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
3. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
4. What is another name for the Dwarves' New Year?
5. What weather forces the adventurers to seek shelter in a cave in Chapter 4?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)