|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bilbo not tell the dwarves about his adventures inside the tunnels?
(a) That he had pity on Gollum and did not kill him when he had the chance.
(b) That he now has a ring that makes him invisible when he puts it on.
(c) That Gollum wanted to eat him if he lost the riddle contest.
(d) That his little sword is an elvish blade like Glamdring and Orcrist.
2. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
(a) In Thror's kingdom that was destroyed by the dragon.
(b) In the Mines of Moria.
(c) In Rivendell itself.
(d) In the ancient elvish kingdom of Gondolin.
3. Who is carrying Bilbo when the goblins find them for the second time?
4. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
(a) He is half elf and half human.
(b) He is half human and half goblin.
(c) He is half human and half hobbit.
(d) He is half elf and half goblin.
5. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
(a) He paddles a little boat.
(b) He rides on the back of blind fish.
(c) He swims, as he is an excellent swimmer.
(d) His ring helps him walk across the surface of the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bilbo's handwriting look like?
2. What colors of flame does Gandalf use to drive the wolves back with?
3. What phase of the moon is showing when Elrond studies the map?
4. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
5. What does Thorin use as a weapon against the trolls in Chapter 2?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)