|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
(a) He swims, as he is an excellent swimmer.
(b) His ring helps him walk across the surface of the water.
(c) He paddles a little boat.
(d) He rides on the back of blind fish.
2. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
(a) The are too busy looking at the dwarves and Gandalf.
(b) They see him, but do not bother with him.
(c) He is lying quietly in a dark corner.
(d) They have all been killed by Gandalf's magic.
3. What day of the week was it when the adventurers were captured?
(a) Monday night (or Tuesday morning).
(b) Thursday evening (or Thursday morning).
(c) Tuesday night (or Wednesday morning).
(d) Monday morning (or Sunday night).
4. What does Bilbo learn about his sword in Chapter 5?
(a) He can use it like a match to make fire.
(b) It is an elvish blade like Glamdring and Orcrist.
(c) It acts as a compass so he does not lose his sense of direction.
(d) It helps him see in the dark.
5. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(a) He blunders into a dead end.
(b) He hears goblins going fishing.
(c) Gollum catches him.
(d) He comes to the edge of a subterranean lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bilbo find to eat as they walk through the woods in Chapter 6?
2. What is the name of the inn where the dwarves meet Bilbo in Chapter 2?
3. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
4. What sort of tree does Gandalf take refuge from the wargs in?
5. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)