|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
(a) Steep slopes and deep ravines.
(b) Deceptively green bogs.
(c) Avalanches and rock falls.
(d) A very narrow bridge over a swift-flowing stream.
2. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
3. What do the goblins use to beat time while they sing?
(a) Hammers and tongs.
(b) Cymbals and tamborines.
(c) Footsteps and whips.
(d) Drums and gongs.
4. What is the goblin name for Thorin's sword?
5. What day of the week was it when the adventurers were captured?
(a) Thursday evening (or Thursday morning).
(b) Monday night (or Tuesday morning).
(c) Monday morning (or Sunday night).
(d) Tuesday night (or Wednesday morning).
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is carrying Bilbo when the goblins find them for the second time?
2. What does Bilbo learn about his sword in Chapter 5?
3. What does Gollum call the ring?
4. What weather forces the adventurers to seek shelter in a cave in Chapter 4?
5. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)