|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
(a) A very narrow bridge over a swift-flowing stream.
(b) Avalanches and rock falls.
(c) Steep slopes and deep ravines.
(d) Deceptively green bogs.
2. Who does Bilbo see first after escaping Gollum and the dark tunnels?
3. Which of the following devices do the goblins not make (or have made for them)?
(d) Instruments of torture.
4. What type of enchantments is Gandalf especially good at?
(a) Calling down lightning and thunder.
(b) Fire and lights.
(c) Illusions and turning his enemies to stone.
(d) Prophecy and pathfinding.
5. What animals does Bilbo sense as he wanders through the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(a) None - the goblins have eaten everything alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
2. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
3. What foodstuffs do the adventurers take from the troll's cave for breakfast?
4. Which dwarves are the best at lighting fires?
5. What light are the adventurers using to guide them inside the tunnels in Chapter 4?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)