|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the dwarves hear the goblins coming?
(a) The goblins are wearing soft shoes.
(b) The dwarves are talking too loudly.
(c) The goblins have made themselves invisible.
(d) The echoes inside the caves are too confusing.
2. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
(a) He is lying quietly in a dark corner.
(b) They have all been killed by Gandalf's magic.
(c) They see him, but do not bother with him.
(d) The are too busy looking at the dwarves and Gandalf.
3. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
(a) Gollum will eat him.
(b) He will have to give the ring back to Gollum.
(c) Bilbo will become Gollum's slave.
(d) Gollum will hand him over to the goblins in return for food.
4. What does Bilbo learn about his sword in Chapter 5?
(a) It is an elvish blade like Glamdring and Orcrist.
(b) It acts as a compass so he does not lose his sense of direction.
(c) He can use it like a match to make fire.
(d) It helps him see in the dark.
5. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
(a) Nowhere - he has always lived on his island.
(b) On the top of a windy mountain.
(c) With the goblins, but he was banished after he ate one of them.
(d) With his grandmother in a hole in a bank beside a river.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Elrond read the runes on the swords and on the map?
2. What day of the week was it when the adventurers were captured?
3. Why did the wargs come to the clearing where the adventurers were?
4. What first alerts the Lord of the Eagles to the events in the wood?
5. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)