|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What colors of flame does Gandalf use to drive the wolves back with?
(a) Red, yellow and orange.
(b) Blue, red and green.
(c) Blue, white and purple.
(d) Green, black and white.
2. What type of bird is named in the moon-letters on the map?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A raven.
(d) A thrush.
3. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(a) He blunders into a dead end.
(b) Gollum catches him.
(c) He comes to the edge of a subterranean lake.
(d) He hears goblins going fishing.
4. What is obviously magical about Gandalf's sword Glamdring (Foe-hammer)?
(a) It becomes invisible when the owner is in danger.
(b) It burns blue when goblins are nearby.
(c) It cannot be taken out of the owner's hand unless the owner is killed.
(d) It emits a high-pitched screeching sound when it kills goblins.
5. What type of enchantments is Gandalf especially good at?
(a) Calling down lightning and thunder.
(b) Prophecy and pathfinding.
(c) Fire and lights.
(d) Illusions and turning his enemies to stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
2. How does the forest catch on fire in Chapter 6?
3. How many goblins grab Bilbo?
4. What does Bilbo not tell the dwarves about his adventures inside the tunnels?
5. Why can't the dwarves hear the goblins coming?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)