|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What first alerts the Lord of the Eagles to the events in the wood?
(a) The flames in the forest.
(b) The line of goblin soldiers marching towards the forest.
(c) The howling of the wolves.
(d) A magical message from Gandalf.
2. What weather forces the adventurers to seek shelter in a cave in Chapter 4?
(a) Hail and sleet.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A blizzard.
(d) A thunderstorm.
3. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
(a) His pipe and tobacco pouch.
(b) A knife.
(c) A ring.
(d) A slice of bacon.
4. What do the goblins use to beat time while they sing?
(a) Cymbals and tamborines.
(b) Drums and gongs.
(c) Hammers and tongs.
(d) Footsteps and whips.
5. What does Bilbo try to steal from the trolls?
(a) A jug of beer.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A pony.
(d) A purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
2. Who carries Bilbo at first as they try to escape from the mines after Gandalf kills the Great Goblin?
3. What does Bilbo's handwriting look like?
4. What does Bilbo find to eat as they walk through the woods in Chapter 6?
5. What type of bird is named in the moon-letters on the map?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)