|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
(a) In Rivendell itself.
(b) In Thror's kingdom that was destroyed by the dragon.
(c) In the ancient elvish kingdom of Gondolin.
(d) In the Mines of Moria.
2. What does Bilbo find to eat as they walk through the woods in Chapter 6?
(a) Sorrel and wild strawberries.
(b) Mushrooms and crab-apples.
(c) Hawthorn berries and blackberries.
(d) Blackberries and strawberries.
3. Which troll catches Bilbo in Chapter 2?
(b) All three of them.
4. Why is the magic ring unable to protect the wearer from the wargs?
(a) Wargs have especially keen hearing.
(b) Wargs are magical, and the ring does not work on them.
(c) Wargs can find the wearer by their sense of smell.
(d) Wargs can still see the wearer's shadow, even by moonlight.
5. What sort of tree does Gandalf take refuge from the wargs in?
(a) An oak.
(b) A fir.
(c) A spruce.
(d) A pine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the final fate of the ponies?
2. What is obviously magical about Gandalf's sword Glamdring (Foe-hammer)?
3. Whose hood and cloak does Bilbo borrow?
4. What phase of the moon is showing when Elrond studies the map?
5. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)