|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What first alerts the Lord of the Eagles to the events in the wood?
(a) A magical message from Gandalf.
(b) The howling of the wolves.
(c) The line of goblin soldiers marching towards the forest.
(d) The flames in the forest.
2. What light are the adventurers using to guide them inside the tunnels in Chapter 4?
(a) The magical light given off by Orcrist and Glamdring when goblins are nearby.
(b) The magical glow on Gandalf's staff.
(c) A torch dropped by a goblin when Thorin killed one.
(d) A strange green glow given off by Gandalf's smoke rings.
3. What does Bilbo's handwriting look like?
(a) Crabbed and rather clumsy.
(b) Cunning and cryptic.
(c) Flowing and beautiful.
(d) Thin and spidery.
4. What foodstuffs do the adventurers take from the troll's cave for breakfast?
(a) Bacon, beer, rabbit pie, and apples.
(b) Cheese, eggs, sausages, and tomatoes.
(c) Mutton bones, mince pies and sausages.
(d) Ale, bread, cheese and bacon.
5. What does Bilbo try to steal from the trolls?
(a) A pony.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A jug of beer.
(d) A purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
2. Which of the following is not a name for the trolls?
3. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
4. Why can't the dwarves hear the goblins coming?
5. On what day does Elrond read the runes on the swords and on the map?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)