|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week was it when the adventurers were captured?
(a) Thursday evening (or Thursday morning).
(b) Monday night (or Tuesday morning).
(c) Monday morning (or Sunday night).
(d) Tuesday night (or Wednesday morning).
2. Who carries Bilbo at first as they try to escape from the mines after Gandalf kills the Great Goblin?
3. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
(a) He rides on the back of blind fish.
(b) He paddles a little boat.
(c) His ring helps him walk across the surface of the water.
(d) He swims, as he is an excellent swimmer.
4. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(a) He hears goblins going fishing.
(b) Gollum catches him.
(c) He blunders into a dead end.
(d) He comes to the edge of a subterranean lake.
5. What colors of flame does Gandalf use to drive the wolves back with?
(a) Blue, white and purple.
(b) Green, black and white.
(c) Blue, red and green.
(d) Red, yellow and orange.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gollum call the ring?
2. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
3. Where does Bilbo hide while the trolls are fighting and arguing?
4. Which dwarves are the best at lighting fires?
5. How many goblins grab Bilbo?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)