|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
(a) A fish.
(b) The skeleton of a drowned knight.
(c) Gollum's grandmother.
2. What is the goblin name for Thorin's sword?
3. Which troll catches Bilbo in Chapter 2?
(d) All three of them.
4. What cooking method do the trolls decide on first of all before Gandalf stirs up the argument again?
(a) Mincing them and boiling them.
(b) Roasting the dwarves slowly.
(c) Mincing them and making them into pies.
(d) Sitting on them and squashing them.
5. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(a) He hears goblins going fishing.
(b) He comes to the edge of a subterranean lake.
(c) Gollum catches him.
(d) He blunders into a dead end.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
2. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
3. Who carries Bilbo at first as they try to escape from the mines after Gandalf kills the Great Goblin?
4. What light are the adventurers using to guide them inside the tunnels in Chapter 4?
5. Which of the following is not a hazard that needs to be avoided in the path leading to Rivendell?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)