|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the forest catch on fire in Chapter 6?
(a) Gandalf lights the fire to attract the attention of the eagles.
(b) The goblins light it deliberately to kill the adventurers.
(c) A dead tree is hit by summer lightning.
(d) The wargs spread it accidentally after Gandalf sets their coats alight.
2. Where were Glamdring and Orcrist originally forged?
(a) In Thror's kingdom that was destroyed by the dragon.
(b) In Rivendell itself.
(c) In the Mines of Moria.
(d) In the ancient elvish kingdom of Gondolin.
3. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
(a) He is half elf and half human.
(b) He is half elf and half goblin.
(c) He is half human and half goblin.
(d) He is half human and half hobbit.
4. What sort of tree does Gandalf take refuge from the wargs in?
(a) A fir.
(b) A spruce.
(c) An oak.
(d) A pine.
5. What is obviously magical about Gandalf's sword Glamdring (Foe-hammer)?
(a) It becomes invisible when the owner is in danger.
(b) It cannot be taken out of the owner's hand unless the owner is killed.
(c) It emits a high-pitched screeching sound when it kills goblins.
(d) It burns blue when goblins are nearby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the English translation for the names of the swords (Orcrist and Glamdring) that Thorin and Gandalf now own?
2. Where does Bilbo hide while the trolls are fighting and arguing?
3. What does Bilbo think the eagles will do to him at first?
4. What is the goblin name for Thorin's sword?
5. What phase of the moon is showing when Elrond studies the map?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)