|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the wargs come to the clearing where the adventurers were?
(a) They were going to meet the goblins so they could go raiding together.
(b) The wargs could smell the adventurers and came to hunt them.
(c) The wolves were running away from the woodsmen who had settled in the area.
(d) The goblins had sent the wargs to hunt down the adventurers.
2. What is the name of the inn where the dwarves meet Bilbo in Chapter 2?
(a) The Bridge and Bottle.
(b) The Golden Perch.
(c) The Green Dragon.
(d) The Prancing Pony.
3. What first alerts the Lord of the Eagles to the events in the wood?
(a) A magical message from Gandalf.
(b) The howling of the wolves.
(c) The line of goblin soldiers marching towards the forest.
(d) The flames in the forest.
4. Why is the magic ring unable to protect the wearer from the wargs?
(a) Wargs can still see the wearer's shadow, even by moonlight.
(b) Wargs can find the wearer by their sense of smell.
(c) Wargs are magical, and the ring does not work on them.
(d) Wargs have especially keen hearing.
5. What foodstuffs do the adventurers take from the troll's cave for breakfast?
(a) Bacon, beer, rabbit pie, and apples.
(b) Cheese, eggs, sausages, and tomatoes.
(c) Ale, bread, cheese and bacon.
(d) Mutton bones, mince pies and sausages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gollum call the ring?
2. What does Bilbo take from the trolls' hoard of loot?
3. Who carries Bilbo at first as they try to escape from the mines after Gandalf kills the Great Goblin?
4. What does Bilbo try to steal from the trolls?
5. What weather forces the adventurers to seek shelter in a cave in Chapter 4?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)