Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual or rare about Elrond's ancestry?
(a) He is half human and half hobbit.
(b) He is half elf and half human.
(c) He is half human and half goblin.
(d) He is half elf and half goblin.
2. How long do the dwarves and Bilbo stay in Laketown?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) We are not told.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three weeks.
3. What happened to Thorin's sword Orcrist?
(a) Nothing - Thorin uses it to enhance his kingly apperance when he presents himself to the Master of Laketown.
(b) It had fallen off and become lost while the Eagles were rescuing the adventurers from the wargs and goblins.
(c) It had become hopelessly rusty in the trip down the river.
(d) The King of the Wood Elves took it from Thorin when he was made prisoner.
4. What type of bird brings Bilbo and the dwarves the news of the dragon's death?
(a) A crow.
(b) A raven.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A thrush.
5. What day of the week was it when the adventurers were captured?
(a) Monday morning (or Sunday night).
(b) Thursday evening (or Thursday morning).
(c) Monday night (or Tuesday morning).
(d) Tuesday night (or Wednesday morning).
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird is named in the moon-letters on the map?
2. What does Bilbo eat for breakfast when he wakes up in the eagles' eyrie?
3. Who sit beside Thorin at the high table after Thorin proclaims himself as the descendant of Thror, King Under the Mountain?
4. What does Bilbo find to eat as they walk through the woods in Chapter 6?
5. What animals does Bilbo sense as he wanders through the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)