|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phase of the moon is showing when Elrond studies the map?
(a) A crescent moon.
(b) A new moon.
(c) A full moon.
(d) A gibbous moon.
2. How does Bilbo find food while skulking around in the Elvenking's palace?
(a) He slips out through the magic gates and goes hunting.
(b) He scrounges it off the rubbish heaps of the elves.
(c) He steals it from the stores or the table when nobody is looking.
(d) He takes it out of the barrels sent to Esgaroth.
3. Why are the dwarves glad to be captured by the elves (at first)?
(a) They guess that the elves have taken Thorin prisoner and they want to be reunited with him.
(b) They are starving, and the elves will give their prisoners food.
(c) The elves have been friends with the dwarves for hundreds of years.
(d) They know that if they promise the elves a share of their treasure, they will be set free.
4. Who finds the 'doorstep' of the secret door in Chapter 11?
(a) Bifur, Bofur and Bombur.
(b) Nori, Dori and Ori.
(c) Thorin, Bilbo and Balin.
(d) Bilbo, Fili and Kili.
5. What does Gollum eat?
(a) Fish and mushrooms.
(b) Bats and spiders.
(c) Ponies and goblins.
(d) Fish and goblins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bilbo's handwriting look like?
2. What does Gollum call the ring?
3. Which of the following methods do the dwarves not use in an attempt to open the secret door before the keyhole is revealed?
4. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
5. What does Bilbo learn about his sword in Chapter 5?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)