|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bilbo learn about his sword in Chapter 5?
(a) He can use it like a match to make fire.
(b) It acts as a compass so he does not lose his sense of direction.
(c) It helps him see in the dark.
(d) It is an elvish blade like Glamdring and Orcrist.
2. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(a) He blunders into a dead end.
(b) He comes to the edge of a subterranean lake.
(c) Gollum catches him.
(d) He hears goblins going fishing.
3. What does the Master believe about Thorin and his company at first?
(a) That Thorin will be a worthy ally and trade partner.
(b) That Thorin is the true King Under the Mountain.
(c) That they are frauds.
(d) That Thorin will be killed by the dragon.
4. What mistaken belief is held by the younger people of Laketown?
(a) They believe that the river will flow with gold once the King Under the Mountain returns.
(b) They believe that the dragon does not exist.
(c) They believe that Thorin is not the rightful King Under the Mountain.
(d) They believe that the dragon is harmless and even friendly.
5. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
(a) A ring.
(b) A knife.
(c) His pipe and tobacco pouch.
(d) A slice of bacon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
2. Which of the following does Bard not use as a reason why the dwarves should share the treasure with the people of Laketown?
3. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
4. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
5. What skills or interests does the Master have that have made him the ruler of Laketown?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)