|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bilbo manage to recognize Thorin after freeing him from the barrel?
(a) By his long nose and bristling beard.
(b) By his blue hood with the silver tassel and by his golden chain.
(c) By his red cloak, black boots and dark green tunic
(d) By a distinctive scar left from his encounter with Smaug in the distant past.
2. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
(a) He is lying quietly in a dark corner.
(b) They have all been killed by Gandalf's magic.
(c) The are too busy looking at the dwarves and Gandalf.
(d) They see him, but do not bother with him.
3. What is the most common building material used in Laketown?
(c) Rammed earth.
4. What had Fili's barrel been used to carry before he escaped inside it?
5. What animals does Bilbo sense as he wanders through the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(c) None - the goblins have eaten everything alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistaken belief is held by the younger people of Laketown?
2. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
3. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
4. What happened to Thorin's sword Orcrist?
5. What does the Master believe about Thorin and his company at first?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)