|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the King of the Wood Elves wiser than the men of Laketown?
(a) He quickly realizes how the dwarves managed to escape from his dungeons.
(b) He believes in the old songs and tales that the Master of Laketown has forgotten about.
(c) He realizes that the dwarves will have to steal from Smaug rather than attempt to kill him, which is what the Lake-men believe.
(d) He knows a way to kill Smaug that the Lake-men do not.
2. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
(a) His pipe and tobacco pouch.
(b) A knife.
(c) A ring.
(d) A slice of bacon.
3. What animals does Bilbo sense as he wanders through the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(c) None - the goblins have eaten everything alive.
4. What does Gollum call the ring?
(a) My special secret.
(b) My precious.
(c) My birthday present.
(d) My hiding place.
5. What happened to Thorin's sword Orcrist?
(a) Nothing - Thorin uses it to enhance his kingly apperance when he presents himself to the Master of Laketown.
(b) The King of the Wood Elves took it from Thorin when he was made prisoner.
(c) It had fallen off and become lost while the Eagles were rescuing the adventurers from the wargs and goblins.
(d) It had become hopelessly rusty in the trip down the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first landmark feature that Bilbo notices as the barrel he is riding takes him out of the forest?
2. What skills or interests does the Master have that have made him the ruler of Laketown?
3. What does the Master believe about Thorin and his company at first?
4. How does Bilbo manage to recognize Thorin after freeing him from the barrel?
5. What advice does Roac give to Thorin about the Lakemen?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)