|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Roac give to Thorin about the Lakemen?
(a) To attack first before the elf army arrives.
(b) Not to trust any of them, as they want to steal the gold.
(c) To trust all of them, especially the Master.
(d) To trust Bard, and to share the treasure with them.
2. How does Bilbo manage to recognize Thorin after freeing him from the barrel?
(a) By his blue hood with the silver tassel and by his golden chain.
(b) By his red cloak, black boots and dark green tunic
(c) By his long nose and bristling beard.
(d) By a distinctive scar left from his encounter with Smaug in the distant past.
3. What does Bilbo learn about his sword in Chapter 5?
(a) It is an elvish blade like Glamdring and Orcrist.
(b) It helps him see in the dark.
(c) It acts as a compass so he does not lose his sense of direction.
(d) He can use it like a match to make fire.
4. What had Fili's barrel been used to carry before he escaped inside it?
5. What skills or interests does the Master have that have made him the ruler of Laketown?
(a) His love of old songs.
(b) His economic expertise.
(c) His knowledge of the Elvish languages.
(d) His excellent memory and people skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first landmark feature that Bilbo notices as the barrel he is riding takes him out of the forest?
2. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
3. Which of the following does Bard not use as a reason why the dwarves should share the treasure with the people of Laketown?
4. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
5. What is the most common building material used in Laketown?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)