|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
(a) With the goblins, but he was banished after he ate one of them.
(b) Nowhere - he has always lived on his island.
(c) On the top of a windy mountain.
(d) With his grandmother in a hole in a bank beside a river.
2. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
(a) He will have to give the ring back to Gollum.
(b) Bilbo will become Gollum's slave.
(c) Gollum will eat him.
(d) Gollum will hand him over to the goblins in return for food.
3. Which of the following does Bard not use as a reason why the dwarves should share the treasure with the people of Laketown?
(a) Bard was the one who actually killed the dragon.
(b) The dragon had a lot of treasure, so there is plenty for all to share.
(c) Some of the treasure came from Dale and belonged to Bard's ancestors.
(d) The people of Laketown helped the dwarves when the dwarves were in need, but are now in need themselves.
4. What does Bilbo most want to happen while the dwarves are preparing for a siege by the elves and Lakemen?
(a) He wants to steal away with his share of the treasure and leave the dwarves to fight the Lakemen over the rest.
(b) He wants the armies to go away and leave them alone.
(c) He wants a peaceful resolution to the situation - and enough food
(d) He wants Gandalf to turn up and take him back to his hobbit hole again.
5. Who sit beside Thorin at the high table after Thorin proclaims himself as the descendant of Thror, King Under the Mountain?
(a) Dwalin and Balin.
(b) Bilbo and the Master.
(c) Bofur and Bombur.
(d) Fili and Kili.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Master believe about Thorin and his company at first?
2. What type of bird brings Bilbo and the dwarves the news of the dragon's death?
3. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
4. How do the dwarves manage to obtain three ponies in Chapter 15?
5. How does Bilbo manage to recognize Thorin after freeing him from the barrel?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)