|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
(a) He paddles a little boat.
(b) He rides on the back of blind fish.
(c) His ring helps him walk across the surface of the water.
(d) He swims, as he is an excellent swimmer.
2. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
(a) He will have to give the ring back to Gollum.
(b) Gollum will eat him.
(c) Bilbo will become Gollum's slave.
(d) Gollum will hand him over to the goblins in return for food.
3. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
(a) The skeleton of a drowned knight.
(b) A fish.
(d) Gollum's grandmother.
4. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
(a) White horses.
(b) A mountain.
(d) The wind.
5. What advice does Roac give to Thorin about the Lakemen?
(a) To trust Bard, and to share the treasure with them.
(b) To trust all of them, especially the Master.
(c) Not to trust any of them, as they want to steal the gold.
(d) To attack first before the elf army arrives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bilbo most want to happen while the dwarves are preparing for a siege by the elves and Lakemen?
2. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
3. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
4. Who sit beside Thorin at the high table after Thorin proclaims himself as the descendant of Thror, King Under the Mountain?
5. What is the first landmark feature that Bilbo notices as the barrel he is riding takes him out of the forest?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)