|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bilbo most want to happen while the dwarves are preparing for a siege by the elves and Lakemen?
(a) He wants Gandalf to turn up and take him back to his hobbit hole again.
(b) He wants to steal away with his share of the treasure and leave the dwarves to fight the Lakemen over the rest.
(c) He wants the armies to go away and leave them alone.
(d) He wants a peaceful resolution to the situation - and enough food
2. What does Bilbo learn about his sword in Chapter 5?
(a) It acts as a compass so he does not lose his sense of direction.
(b) It helps him see in the dark.
(c) It is an elvish blade like Glamdring and Orcrist.
(d) He can use it like a match to make fire.
3. Why is the King of the Wood Elves wiser than the men of Laketown?
(a) He knows a way to kill Smaug that the Lake-men do not.
(b) He believes in the old songs and tales that the Master of Laketown has forgotten about.
(c) He realizes that the dwarves will have to steal from Smaug rather than attempt to kill him, which is what the Lake-men believe.
(d) He quickly realizes how the dwarves managed to escape from his dungeons.
4. What does Gollum eat?
(a) Bats and spiders.
(b) Fish and mushrooms.
(c) Ponies and goblins.
(d) Fish and goblins.
5. What does Gollum call the ring?
(a) My special secret.
(b) My hiding place.
(c) My precious.
(d) My birthday present.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
2. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
3. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
4. How old is Roac the raven?
5. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)