|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the dwarves manage to obtain three ponies in Chapter 15?
(a) They capture and tame wild ponies that were living in the area.
(b) Bilbo steals the ponies off the Lakemen using his magic ring.
(c) They find that three of the ponies escaped from the dragon and were wandering down the river.
(d) Dain from the Iron Hills sends the ponies to help Thorin.
2. What does Gollum eat?
(a) Fish and goblins.
(b) Fish and mushrooms.
(c) Ponies and goblins.
(d) Bats and spiders.
3. What does Bilbo most want to happen while the dwarves are preparing for a siege by the elves and Lakemen?
(a) He wants to steal away with his share of the treasure and leave the dwarves to fight the Lakemen over the rest.
(b) He wants the armies to go away and leave them alone.
(c) He wants a peaceful resolution to the situation - and enough food
(d) He wants Gandalf to turn up and take him back to his hobbit hole again.
4. What skills or interests does the Master have that have made him the ruler of Laketown?
(a) His knowledge of the Elvish languages.
(b) His economic expertise.
(c) His love of old songs.
(d) His excellent memory and people skills.
5. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
(a) A fish.
(c) Gollum's grandmother.
(d) The skeleton of a drowned knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the dwarves and Bilbo stay in Laketown?
2. What mistaken belief is held by the younger people of Laketown?
3. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
4. How does Bilbo manage to recognize Thorin after freeing him from the barrel?
5. What is the most common building material used in Laketown?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)