|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Roac the raven?
(c) We are not told.
2. How do the dwarves manage to obtain three ponies in Chapter 15?
(a) They find that three of the ponies escaped from the dragon and were wandering down the river.
(b) Bilbo steals the ponies off the Lakemen using his magic ring.
(c) Dain from the Iron Hills sends the ponies to help Thorin.
(d) They capture and tame wild ponies that were living in the area.
3. What type of bird brings Bilbo and the dwarves the news of the dragon's death?
(a) A crow.
(b) A raven.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A thrush.
4. Who sit beside Thorin at the high table after Thorin proclaims himself as the descendant of Thror, King Under the Mountain?
(a) Bofur and Bombur.
(b) Bilbo and the Master.
(c) Fili and Kili.
(d) Dwalin and Balin.
5. What skills or interests does the Master have that have made him the ruler of Laketown?
(a) His economic expertise.
(b) His knowledge of the Elvish languages.
(c) His love of old songs.
(d) His excellent memory and people skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Fili's barrel been used to carry before he escaped inside it?
2. What is the first landmark feature that Bilbo notices as the barrel he is riding takes him out of the forest?
3. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
4. What advice does Roac give to Thorin about the Lakemen?
5. What animals does Bilbo sense as he wanders through the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)