|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Master believe about Thorin and his company at first?
(a) That Thorin is the true King Under the Mountain.
(b) That Thorin will be a worthy ally and trade partner.
(c) That Thorin will be killed by the dragon.
(d) That they are frauds.
2. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
(a) The wind.
(b) A mountain.
(c) White horses.
3. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
(a) His ring helps him walk across the surface of the water.
(b) He paddles a little boat.
(c) He rides on the back of blind fish.
(d) He swims, as he is an excellent swimmer.
4. What is the most common building material used in Laketown?
(c) Rammed earth.
5. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
(a) He is lying quietly in a dark corner.
(b) They have all been killed by Gandalf's magic.
(c) The are too busy looking at the dwarves and Gandalf.
(d) They see him, but do not bother with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gollum eat?
2. Why is Bilbo unhappy during their stay in Laketown?
3. How does Bilbo manage to recognize Thorin after freeing him from the barrel?
4. Which of the following does Bard not use as a reason why the dwarves should share the treasure with the people of Laketown?
5. What advice does Roac give to Thorin about the Lakemen?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)