|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
(a) His pipe and tobacco pouch.
(b) A slice of bacon.
(c) A ring.
(d) A knife.
2. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
(a) Gollum will hand him over to the goblins in return for food.
(b) Gollum will eat him.
(c) Bilbo will become Gollum's slave.
(d) He will have to give the ring back to Gollum.
3. Why is the King of the Wood Elves wiser than the men of Laketown?
(a) He knows a way to kill Smaug that the Lake-men do not.
(b) He realizes that the dwarves will have to steal from Smaug rather than attempt to kill him, which is what the Lake-men believe.
(c) He believes in the old songs and tales that the Master of Laketown has forgotten about.
(d) He quickly realizes how the dwarves managed to escape from his dungeons.
4. How long do the dwarves and Bilbo stay in Laketown?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) Two days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) We are not told.
5. What does Gollum eat?
(a) Fish and goblins.
(b) Fish and mushrooms.
(c) Bats and spiders.
(d) Ponies and goblins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gollum call the ring?
2. What is the most common building material used in Laketown?
3. What advice does Roac give to Thorin about the Lakemen?
4. What had Fili's barrel been used to carry before he escaped inside it?
5. How do the dwarves manage to obtain three ponies in Chapter 15?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)