|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird brings Bilbo and the dwarves the news of the dragon's death?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A crow.
(c) A raven.
(d) A thrush.
2. What does the Master believe about Thorin and his company at first?
(a) That they are frauds.
(b) That Thorin is the true King Under the Mountain.
(c) That Thorin will be killed by the dragon.
(d) That Thorin will be a worthy ally and trade partner.
3. What does Bilbo most want to happen while the dwarves are preparing for a siege by the elves and Lakemen?
(a) He wants the armies to go away and leave them alone.
(b) He wants to steal away with his share of the treasure and leave the dwarves to fight the Lakemen over the rest.
(c) He wants a peaceful resolution to the situation - and enough food
(d) He wants Gandalf to turn up and take him back to his hobbit hole again.
4. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
(a) He is lying quietly in a dark corner.
(b) They see him, but do not bother with him.
(c) They have all been killed by Gandalf's magic.
(d) The are too busy looking at the dwarves and Gandalf.
5. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
(a) He rides on the back of blind fish.
(b) He swims, as he is an excellent swimmer.
(c) His ring helps him walk across the surface of the water.
(d) He paddles a little boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the dwarves manage to obtain three ponies in Chapter 15?
2. Who sit beside Thorin at the high table after Thorin proclaims himself as the descendant of Thror, King Under the Mountain?
3. Why is Bilbo unhappy during their stay in Laketown?
4. What animals does Bilbo sense as he wanders through the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
5. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)