|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
(a) With his grandmother in a hole in a bank beside a river.
(b) On the top of a windy mountain.
(c) With the goblins, but he was banished after he ate one of them.
(d) Nowhere - he has always lived on his island.
2. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
(a) Bilbo will become Gollum's slave.
(b) Gollum will hand him over to the goblins in return for food.
(c) He will have to give the ring back to Gollum.
(d) Gollum will eat him.
3. What does Bilbo most want to happen while the dwarves are preparing for a siege by the elves and Lakemen?
(a) He wants to steal away with his share of the treasure and leave the dwarves to fight the Lakemen over the rest.
(b) He wants Gandalf to turn up and take him back to his hobbit hole again.
(c) He wants the armies to go away and leave them alone.
(d) He wants a peaceful resolution to the situation - and enough food
4. Which of the following does Bard not use as a reason why the dwarves should share the treasure with the people of Laketown?
(a) Some of the treasure came from Dale and belonged to Bard's ancestors.
(b) The dragon had a lot of treasure, so there is plenty for all to share.
(c) The people of Laketown helped the dwarves when the dwarves were in need, but are now in need themselves.
(d) Bard was the one who actually killed the dragon.
5. What mistaken belief is held by the younger people of Laketown?
(a) They believe that the dragon does not exist.
(b) They believe that the dragon is harmless and even friendly.
(c) They believe that Thorin is not the rightful King Under the Mountain.
(d) They believe that the river will flow with gold once the King Under the Mountain returns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
2. What had Fili's barrel been used to carry before he escaped inside it?
3. Why is the King of the Wood Elves wiser than the men of Laketown?
4. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
5. What does Gollum call the ring?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)