|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
(a) A knife.
(b) A slice of bacon.
(c) A ring.
(d) His pipe and tobacco pouch.
2. What does the Master believe about Thorin and his company at first?
(a) That Thorin will be a worthy ally and trade partner.
(b) That they are frauds.
(c) That Thorin is the true King Under the Mountain.
(d) That Thorin will be killed by the dragon.
3. What mistaken belief is held by the younger people of Laketown?
(a) They believe that the dragon is harmless and even friendly.
(b) They believe that Thorin is not the rightful King Under the Mountain.
(c) They believe that the river will flow with gold once the King Under the Mountain returns.
(d) They believe that the dragon does not exist.
4. What does Bilbo most want to happen while the dwarves are preparing for a siege by the elves and Lakemen?
(a) He wants Gandalf to turn up and take him back to his hobbit hole again.
(b) He wants a peaceful resolution to the situation - and enough food
(c) He wants to steal away with his share of the treasure and leave the dwarves to fight the Lakemen over the rest.
(d) He wants the armies to go away and leave them alone.
5. How does Bilbo manage to recognize Thorin after freeing him from the barrel?
(a) By a distinctive scar left from his encounter with Smaug in the distant past.
(b) By his blue hood with the silver tassel and by his golden chain.
(c) By his red cloak, black boots and dark green tunic
(d) By his long nose and bristling beard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Fili's barrel been used to carry before he escaped inside it?
2. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
3. What is the most common building material used in Laketown?
4. What advice does Roac give to Thorin about the Lakemen?
5. What does Bilbo learn about his sword in Chapter 5?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)