|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Master believe about Thorin and his company at first?
(a) That they are frauds.
(b) That Thorin is the true King Under the Mountain.
(c) That Thorin will be killed by the dragon.
(d) That Thorin will be a worthy ally and trade partner.
2. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
(a) A ring.
(b) His pipe and tobacco pouch.
(c) A slice of bacon.
(d) A knife.
3. What is the first landmark feature that Bilbo notices as the barrel he is riding takes him out of the forest?
(a) A landslide.
(b) The Iron Hills to the northeast of the lake.
(c) The Lonely Mountain.
(d) The Long Lake.
4. What advice does Roac give to Thorin about the Lakemen?
(a) To attack first before the elf army arrives.
(b) To trust all of them, especially the Master.
(c) To trust Bard, and to share the treasure with them.
(d) Not to trust any of them, as they want to steal the gold.
5. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
(a) With the goblins, but he was banished after he ate one of them.
(b) With his grandmother in a hole in a bank beside a river.
(c) Nowhere - he has always lived on his island.
(d) On the top of a windy mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Roac the raven?
2. Why is Bilbo unhappy during their stay in Laketown?
3. Which of the following does Bard not use as a reason why the dwarves should share the treasure with the people of Laketown?
4. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
5. What skills or interests does the Master have that have made him the ruler of Laketown?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)