|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the dwarves manage to obtain three ponies in Chapter 15?
(a) Dain from the Iron Hills sends the ponies to help Thorin.
(b) They capture and tame wild ponies that were living in the area.
(c) Bilbo steals the ponies off the Lakemen using his magic ring.
(d) They find that three of the ponies escaped from the dragon and were wandering down the river.
2. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
(a) With the goblins, but he was banished after he ate one of them.
(b) With his grandmother in a hole in a bank beside a river.
(c) Nowhere - he has always lived on his island.
(d) On the top of a windy mountain.
3. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(a) Gollum catches him.
(b) He comes to the edge of a subterranean lake.
(c) He blunders into a dead end.
(d) He hears goblins going fishing.
4. What does Bilbo most want to happen while the dwarves are preparing for a siege by the elves and Lakemen?
(a) He wants Gandalf to turn up and take him back to his hobbit hole again.
(b) He wants a peaceful resolution to the situation - and enough food
(c) He wants the armies to go away and leave them alone.
(d) He wants to steal away with his share of the treasure and leave the dwarves to fight the Lakemen over the rest.
5. What had Fili's barrel been used to carry before he escaped inside it?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the dwarves and Bilbo stay in Laketown?
2. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
3. What does the Master believe about Thorin and his company at first?
4. What is the first landmark feature that Bilbo notices as the barrel he is riding takes him out of the forest?
5. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)