|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sit beside Thorin at the high table after Thorin proclaims himself as the descendant of Thror, King Under the Mountain?
(a) Dwalin and Balin.
(b) Fili and Kili.
(c) Bofur and Bombur.
(d) Bilbo and the Master.
2. What skills or interests does the Master have that have made him the ruler of Laketown?
(a) His love of old songs.
(b) His knowledge of the Elvish languages.
(c) His economic expertise.
(d) His excellent memory and people skills.
3. What does Bilbo learn about his sword in Chapter 5?
(a) He can use it like a match to make fire.
(b) It is an elvish blade like Glamdring and Orcrist.
(c) It acts as a compass so he does not lose his sense of direction.
(d) It helps him see in the dark.
4. What type of bird brings Bilbo and the dwarves the news of the dragon's death?
(a) A crow.
(b) A thrush.
(c) A raven.
(d) An eagle.
5. What does Gollum eat?
(a) Fish and mushrooms.
(b) Ponies and goblins.
(c) Bats and spiders.
(d) Fish and goblins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Bard not use as a reason why the dwarves should share the treasure with the people of Laketown?
2. What does Bilbo most want to happen while the dwarves are preparing for a siege by the elves and Lakemen?
3. What is the most common building material used in Laketown?
4. What advice does Roac give to Thorin about the Lakemen?
5. How does Gollum get from his island to the shore of the lake?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)