|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird brings Bilbo and the dwarves the news of the dragon's death?
(a) A raven.
(b) A thrush.
(c) A crow.
(d) An eagle.
2. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
(a) With the goblins, but he was banished after he ate one of them.
(b) On the top of a windy mountain.
(c) With his grandmother in a hole in a bank beside a river.
(d) Nowhere - he has always lived on his island.
3. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
(a) The wind.
(c) White horses.
(d) A mountain.
4. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(a) He hears goblins going fishing.
(b) Gollum catches him.
(c) He blunders into a dead end.
(d) He comes to the edge of a subterranean lake.
5. Why is Bilbo unhappy during their stay in Laketown?
(a) He still wishes he was back in his hobbit-hole.
(b) He has a bad cold.
(c) He is suspicious about the possible motives of the Master.
(d) He does not like the food that the Lake-men offer them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skills or interests does the Master have that have made him the ruler of Laketown?
2. What animals does Bilbo sense as he wanders through the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
3. What is the first landmark feature that Bilbo notices as the barrel he is riding takes him out of the forest?
4. What mistaken belief is held by the younger people of Laketown?
5. How long do the dwarves and Bilbo stay in Laketown?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)