|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Fili's barrel been used to carry before he escaped inside it?
2. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
(a) Gollum will eat him.
(b) Bilbo will become Gollum's slave.
(c) He will have to give the ring back to Gollum.
(d) Gollum will hand him over to the goblins in return for food.
3. What does Bilbo learn about his sword in Chapter 5?
(a) It is an elvish blade like Glamdring and Orcrist.
(b) It helps him see in the dark.
(c) He can use it like a match to make fire.
(d) It acts as a compass so he does not lose his sense of direction.
4. What is the first landmark feature that Bilbo notices as the barrel he is riding takes him out of the forest?
(a) The Iron Hills to the northeast of the lake.
(b) The Lonely Mountain.
(c) A landslide.
(d) The Long Lake.
5. How do the dwarves manage to obtain three ponies in Chapter 15?
(a) They find that three of the ponies escaped from the dragon and were wandering down the river.
(b) Bilbo steals the ponies off the Lakemen using his magic ring.
(c) Dain from the Iron Hills sends the ponies to help Thorin.
(d) They capture and tame wild ponies that were living in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bilbo most want to happen while the dwarves are preparing for a siege by the elves and Lakemen?
2. What animals does Bilbo sense as he wanders through the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
3. What does the Master believe about Thorin and his company at first?
4. Why is Bilbo unhappy during their stay in Laketown?
5. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)