|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Master believe about Thorin and his company at first?
(a) That Thorin will be killed by the dragon.
(b) That they are frauds.
(c) That Thorin will be a worthy ally and trade partner.
(d) That Thorin is the true King Under the Mountain.
2. How long do the dwarves and Bilbo stay in Laketown?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) We are not told.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three weeks.
3. How does Bilbo manage to recognize Thorin after freeing him from the barrel?
(a) By his red cloak, black boots and dark green tunic
(b) By a distinctive scar left from his encounter with Smaug in the distant past.
(c) By his blue hood with the silver tassel and by his golden chain.
(d) By his long nose and bristling beard.
4. What does Bilbo most want to happen while the dwarves are preparing for a siege by the elves and Lakemen?
(a) He wants the armies to go away and leave them alone.
(b) He wants Gandalf to turn up and take him back to his hobbit hole again.
(c) He wants to steal away with his share of the treasure and leave the dwarves to fight the Lakemen over the rest.
(d) He wants a peaceful resolution to the situation - and enough food
5. Who sit beside Thorin at the high table after Thorin proclaims himself as the descendant of Thror, King Under the Mountain?
(a) Bofur and Bombur.
(b) Fili and Kili.
(c) Dwalin and Balin.
(d) Bilbo and the Master.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird brings Bilbo and the dwarves the news of the dragon's death?
2. Why is Bilbo unhappy during their stay in Laketown?
3. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
4. What is the most common building material used in Laketown?
5. How old is Roac the raven?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)