|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the King of the Wood Elves wiser than the men of Laketown?
(a) He quickly realizes how the dwarves managed to escape from his dungeons.
(b) He believes in the old songs and tales that the Master of Laketown has forgotten about.
(c) He knows a way to kill Smaug that the Lake-men do not.
(d) He realizes that the dwarves will have to steal from Smaug rather than attempt to kill him, which is what the Lake-men believe.
2. What is "never thirsty, ever drinking/All in mail never clinking?"
(a) The skeleton of a drowned knight.
(c) A fish.
(d) Gollum's grandmother.
3. Why is Bilbo unhappy during their stay in Laketown?
(a) He does not like the food that the Lake-men offer them.
(b) He still wishes he was back in his hobbit-hole.
(c) He is suspicious about the possible motives of the Master.
(d) He has a bad cold.
4. What does the Master believe about Thorin and his company at first?
(a) That Thorin will be killed by the dragon.
(b) That they are frauds.
(c) That Thorin is the true King Under the Mountain.
(d) That Thorin will be a worthy ally and trade partner.
5. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
(a) The are too busy looking at the dwarves and Gandalf.
(b) They see him, but do not bother with him.
(c) He is lying quietly in a dark corner.
(d) They have all been killed by Gandalf's magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gollum eat?
2. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
3. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
4. What mistaken belief is held by the younger people of Laketown?
5. What happened to Thorin's sword Orcrist?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)