|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gollum call the ring?
(a) My birthday present.
(b) My precious.
(c) My special secret.
(d) My hiding place.
2. How long do the dwarves and Bilbo stay in Laketown?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) We are not told.
(d) Two days.
3. Why is Bilbo unhappy during their stay in Laketown?
(a) He still wishes he was back in his hobbit-hole.
(b) He does not like the food that the Lake-men offer them.
(c) He has a bad cold.
(d) He is suspicious about the possible motives of the Master.
4. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
(a) He blunders into a dead end.
(b) He comes to the edge of a subterranean lake.
(c) He hears goblins going fishing.
(d) Gollum catches him.
5. Which of the following does Bard not use as a reason why the dwarves should share the treasure with the people of Laketown?
(a) Some of the treasure came from Dale and belonged to Bard's ancestors.
(b) Bard was the one who actually killed the dragon.
(c) The people of Laketown helped the dwarves when the dwarves were in need, but are now in need themselves.
(d) The dragon had a lot of treasure, so there is plenty for all to share.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Roac give to Thorin about the Lakemen?
2. What does Bilbo find on the floor in Chapter 5?
3. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
4. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
5. What is the most common building material used in Laketown?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)