|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistaken belief is held by the younger people of Laketown?
(a) They believe that Thorin is not the rightful King Under the Mountain.
(b) They believe that the dragon is harmless and even friendly.
(c) They believe that the river will flow with gold once the King Under the Mountain returns.
(d) They believe that the dragon does not exist.
2. What does Bilbo learn about his sword in Chapter 5?
(a) It acts as a compass so he does not lose his sense of direction.
(b) It helps him see in the dark.
(c) It is an elvish blade like Glamdring and Orcrist.
(d) He can use it like a match to make fire.
3. What does the Master believe about Thorin and his company at first?
(a) That Thorin will be a worthy ally and trade partner.
(b) That Thorin is the true King Under the Mountain.
(c) That Thorin will be killed by the dragon.
(d) That they are frauds.
4. Why do the goblins not find Bilbo after he is knocked unconscious?
(a) The are too busy looking at the dwarves and Gandalf.
(b) They see him, but do not bother with him.
(c) He is lying quietly in a dark corner.
(d) They have all been killed by Gandalf's magic.
5. Where did Gollum live before coming to the underground lake?
(a) On the top of a windy mountain.
(b) With his grandmother in a hole in a bank beside a river.
(c) With the goblins, but he was banished after he ate one of them.
(d) Nowhere - he has always lived on his island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
2. What happened to Thorin's sword Orcrist?
3. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
4. Who sit beside Thorin at the high table after Thorin proclaims himself as the descendant of Thror, King Under the Mountain?
5. How do the dwarves manage to obtain three ponies in Chapter 15?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)