|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bilbo learn about his sword in Chapter 5?
(a) It helps him see in the dark.
(b) It is an elvish blade like Glamdring and Orcrist.
(c) He can use it like a match to make fire.
(d) It acts as a compass so he does not lose his sense of direction.
2. Why is Bilbo unhappy during their stay in Laketown?
(a) He still wishes he was back in his hobbit-hole.
(b) He has a bad cold.
(c) He is suspicious about the possible motives of the Master.
(d) He does not like the food that the Lake-men offer them.
3. What skills or interests does the Master have that have made him the ruler of Laketown?
(a) His knowledge of the Elvish languages.
(b) His excellent memory and people skills.
(c) His economic expertise.
(d) His love of old songs.
4. Who sit beside Thorin at the high table after Thorin proclaims himself as the descendant of Thror, King Under the Mountain?
(a) Bofur and Bombur.
(b) Dwalin and Balin.
(c) Bilbo and the Master.
(d) Fili and Kili.
5. What is the answer to Bilbo's first riddle?
(a) White horses.
(c) The wind.
(d) A mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops Bilbo from going forward in the dark tunnels in Chapter 5?
2. What does Gollum call the ring?
3. Why is the King of the Wood Elves wiser than the men of Laketown?
4. What will happen if Bilbo loses the riddle contest?
5. What does Gollum eat?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)