|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the novel, "The Birds"?
2. One morning, what did Hitchcock tell Truffaut likely disturbed his sleep the night before?
3. What was the producer of "Notorious" unfamiliar with, which eventually led to the film being made with another studio?
4. How did Hitchcock feel about casting departments when it came time to cast for his films?
5. Why did Hitchcock avoid politics in his films?
Short Essay Questions
1. What popular story did Hitchcock refute about Peter Lorre?
2. How did Hitchcock approach filming romantic scenes?
3. What did Hitchcock say was lost with the film "Marnie"?
4. Why did Hitchcock have conflicts with the producer of "Notorious"?
5. How did Hitchcock explain filming in color as being potentially problematic?
6. Why did Truffaut consider "Rope" a milestone in Hitchcock's career?
7. Why did the investigators in Hitchcock's "Rear Window" search for the murder victim's head?
8. What did Hitchcock's memorization of scripts stop him from doing?
9. Why was Hitchcock attracted to filming "Rear Window"?
10. What did Truffaut cite as an example of absurdity in Hitchcock's films?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hitchcock's films during the 1920's to the 1930's. What were some of the films Hitchcock directed during this time period? What other jobs did Hitchcock have in the 1920's? What technical innovations or career advancements did Hitchcock achieve during this time period?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the famous figures who are mentioned during the interview. Who are they and how are they connected to Hitchcock?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hitchcock's career in the 1950's. What are some notable films that he made during this time period? What technical innovations or career advancements did Hitchcock achieve during this time period? What did Hitchcock share in regards to the filming of such films as "Rear Window" and "Vertigo"?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)