|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which historical figure was the focus of Hitchcock's first official film?
(b) Julius Caesar.
(c) King Arthur.
(d) Jack the Ripper.
2. What is Hitchcock known as?
(a) Alfred of Many Angles.
(b) The Genius of Film.
(c) The Wizard of Cinematography.
(d) The Master of Suspense.
3. Which of the following is NOT named as an actor Hitchcock favored?
(a) Mary Pickford.
(b) Douglas Fairbanks.
(c) Errol Flynn.
(d) Buster Keaton.
4. What did cameramen use in order to hide a leading lady's aging?
(a) Bright lights.
(b) Flashy sets.
(c) Gauze over the camera lens.
(d) Vaseline on the camera lens.
5. How old was Hitchcock when he wrote the adapted script for "Woman to Woman"?
6. To which position was Hitchcock eventually promoted at Paramount's English studio?
(a) Head of the editing department.
(b) Head of the casting department.
(c) Head of the title department.
(d) Head of the costume department.
7. Which of the following did Hitchcock NOT study at a specialized school?
8. What did Hitchcock say about the characters in "Mr. and Mrs. Smith"?
(a) They reminded him of him and his wife.
(b) They were childish.
(c) He could not relate to them.
(d) He wanted to make another movie based on them.
9. How did Hitchcock describe himself as a child?
(a) As a curious boy.
(b) As a loner.
(c) As a geek.
(d) As a brat.
10. Which Academy Award was given to Hitchcock's first American film?
(a) Best Original Story.
(b) Picture of the Year.
(c) Best Director.
(d) Best Film Editing.
11. What sort of plot would the term 'MacGuffin" most likely refer to?
(a) A romantic comedy.
(b) One which revolves around family drama.
(c) One which involves uncovering a secret.
(d) An outdoor adventure.
12. What did Truffaut say that many people assume suspense must be related to?
13. What is the Shuftan Process?
(a) A technique using mirrors to reflect a picture in front of the camera.
(b) A technique that creates short spurts of light resembling lightning.
(c) A technique that makes objects appear farther than they are from the camera.
(d) A technique in which the actors may appear to have doubled.
14. Where was a portion of Hitchcock's directorial debut filmed?
(c) Buenos Aires.
15. What caused the theater audience to applaud at the premiere of "The Ring"?
(a) The handsome leading man.
(b) The beautiful score.
(c) The film's montage.
(d) The exciting plot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hitchcock shoot "Mr. and Mrs. Smith"?
2. Who was said to rarely have the same viewpoint as the filmmaker?
3. Who had contracted Hitchcock to make a film in America?
4. According to Hitchcock, what do Jesuits have a deep sense of?
5. What happened to the little boy in Hitchcock's film, "The Woman Alone"?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)