|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did cameramen focus on to hide a leading lady's aging?
(a) Her lips.
(b) Her fashion.
(c) Her profile.
(d) Her sparkling eyes.
2. What incident was the ending of "The Man Who Knew Too Much" based on?
(a) The Sidney Street Siege.
(b) The sinking of the Titanic.
(c) The Senghenydd Colliery Disaster.
(d) The Easter Rising.
3. On what date was Hitchcock born?
(a) September 01, 1901.
(b) June 04, 1910.
(c) April 24, 1905.
(d) August 13, 1899.
4. What is the Shuftan Process?
(a) A technique using mirrors to reflect a picture in front of the camera.
(b) A technique that creates short spurts of light resembling lightning.
(c) A technique that makes objects appear farther than they are from the camera.
(d) A technique in which the actors may appear to have doubled.
5. Where was a portion of Hitchcock's directorial debut filmed?
(c) Buenos Aires.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hitchcock, what do Jesuits have a deep sense of?
2. Who did Hitchcock meet that influenced his interest in writing scripts?
3. Hitchcock revealed that caption cards often didn't match a movie's dialogue due to which circumstance?
4. What was confiscated at a border crossing when Hitchcock was directing his first film?
5. Why did Hitchcock say he agreed to make "Mr. and Mrs. Smith"?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)