|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Hitchcock say was the actual recipient of the Oscar?
(a) The film's stars.
(b) The film's production crew.
(c) The film's producer.
(d) The film's writers.
2. How old was Hitchcock when he wrote the adapted script for "Woman to Woman"?
3. What did Hitchcock say is essential to a film for the benefit of the audience?
(a) A solid cast and plot.
(b) A gripping climax.
(d) Impressive visuals.
4. Before Hitchcock, how were films typically shot?
(a) With a team of directors.
(b) Sequentially, scene by scene.
(c) With a static camera.
(d) Only in indoor studios.
5. How was the murderer in "The Girl was Young" identifiable?
(a) By a tattoo.
(b) By a limp.
(c) By facial hair.
(d) By an eye twitch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had contracted Hitchcock to make a film in America?
2. What did Hitchcock have a little boy carry in his film, "The Woman Alone"?
3. What is Hitchcock known as?
4. Who was said to rarely have the same viewpoint as the filmmaker?
5. What did Hitchcock say, as a child, when asked what he wanted to be when he grew up?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)