|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Hitchcock's first American film received in Britain?
(a) Audiences were confused by it.
(b) Audiences resented his move to America.
(c) It was not released in Britain.
(d) Audiences liked the film.
2. What were caption cards used for?
(a) They were used as subtitles for foreign films.
(b) To help the actors get into character.
(c) To make up for the lack of sound in silent movies.
(d) To list the credits.
3. Where was a portion of Hitchcock's directorial debut filmed?
(d) Buenos Aires.
4. What kind of animal caused trouble for Hitchcock and his crew while filming "Number Seventeen"?
5. Which film actually became the first one Hitchcock filmed in America?
(a) Mr. & Mrs. Smith.
(b) Foreign Correspondent.
(c) The Paradine Case.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hitchcock realize about his use of the young boy in his film, "The Woman Alone"?
2. Which historical figure was the focus of Hitchcock's first official film?
3. What was originally to be the topic of Hitchcock's first American film?
4. What genre was Hitchcock's film "Mr. and Mrs. Smith"?
5. What incident was the ending of "The Man Who Knew Too Much" based on?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)