|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which historical figure was the focus of Hitchcock's first official film?
(b) Julius Caesar.
(c) King Arthur.
(d) Jack the Ripper.
2. What did Hitchcock believe was his first step into the world of film?
(a) Making deals.
(b) Researching new technologies.
(c) Drawing advertisements.
(d) Planning landscapes.
3. What word did Truffaut use to describe using children in films in a suspenseful way?
(a) As 'troubling'.
(b) As 'ticklish'.
(c) As 'twisted'.
(d) As 'tricky'.
4. What did Hitchcock say, as a child, when asked what he wanted to be when he grew up?
(a) A writer.
(b) An engineer.
(c) A veterinarian.
(d) An actor.
5. What position was Hitchcock promoted to in the company he worked for after leaving school?
(a) Account Manager.
(b) Head Engineer.
(c) Director of Planning.
(d) Technical Estimator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did cameramen use in order to hide a leading lady's aging?
2. On which film did Hitchcock make his directorial debut?
3. What topic in regards to Hitchcock's life had not really been written about before this book?
4. Which famous figure inspired a scene in "The Man Who Knew Too Much"?
5. For Hitchcock, what was different about working on his first American film as compared to his British films?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)