|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A year after the bomb is dropped, what condition is Mr. Tanimoto's church in?
(a) It still has his exceptional vitality.
(b) It is ruined.
(c) It is rebuilt.
(d) It has the same number of attendees.
2. What does the doctor tell Father Kleinsorge at the hospital?
(a) "You'll have to stay here at least six months."
(b) "There isn't a cure for your symptoms."
(c) "You'll be out of here in two weeks."
(d) "You have to go to another hospital."
3. In trying to rebuild the city, what is the Planning Conference in Hiroshima at a loss to?
(a) They don't know hwo to get people to move back into the city.
(b) They worry about the costs involved to rebuild the city.
(c) They don't know what importance could Hiroshima now have.
(d) They don't know how they would rebuild the city.
4. What does the news that was heard on the radio August 15 convey?
(a) Japan still has a chance to win the war.
(b) The war has just begun.
(c) The war will continue.
(d) The war is over.
5. In Chapter 3, what gesture makes Father Kleinsorge a little hysterical and want to cry suddenly?
(a) A Japanese woman hands him tea leaves to chew on.
(b) A Japanese child offers him a rice cake.
(c) A Japanese man hands him a cup of water.
(d) A Japanese woman offers him bandages for his wounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. As symptoms of radiation disease reveal themselves, it becomes clear that many of them resemble the effects of...
2. In Chapter 3, when Mr. Tanimoto reaches down to the river and takes a woman by the hand, what sickens him so much that he has to sit down?
3. To the Japanese, what is a greater moral responsibility than adequate care of the living?
4. Where does Mrs. Nakamura and her children go to after leaving the park?
5. What is the one feeling the survivors of Hiroshima share?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Tanimoto see when he awakes in the first light of dawn, the first morning after the bombing?
2. After he feels better, why is Father Kleinsorge able to enjoy himself at the hospital in Tokyo?
3. What happens to Father Kleinsorge's physical condition a few weeks after the bombing?
4. How does President Truman describe the atomic bomb during his radio announcement?
5. What happens to Mrs. Nakamura's physical condition a few weeks after the bombing?
6. What are the Japanese physicists' concern about the bomb and what do they do about it?
7. What in particular makes Miss Sasaki uneasy when she sees the ruins of Hiroshima for the first time?
8. By midsummer, Mrs. Nakamura's savings are gone. How then does she survive?
9. Describe Mr. Tanaka.
10. What affect does Father Kleinsorge's answers to Miss Sasaki's questions about life have on her health?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)