|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor tell Mother Superior about Father Kleinsorge?
(a) "We'll get him out of here in three months."
(b) "With the right treatment, he'll live a healthy normal life."
(c) "He'll die."
(d) "We can't help him here."
2. Where is Father Kleinsorge a year after the bomb?
(a) He has completely rebuilt his church.
(b) He is back in the hospital.
(c) He is back in Germany.
(d) He has traveled to America.
3. What does the rumor being spread about the atomic bomb do to Mrs. Nakamura and her children?
(a) The rumor makes them feel more resigned and passive about the moral issue of the atomic bomb.
(b) The rumor makes them wish they had died the moment the bomb dropped.
(c) The rumor arouses more hatred and resentment of America than they had felt all through the war.
(d) The rumor makes them lose all hope of ever regaining their normal lives.
4. How does Mrs. Nakamura react when her sewing machine is retrieved?
(a) She fears she is too ill to use it anyway.
(b) She is happy that it is still in good shape.
(c) She is disappointed that it is all rusted and useless.
(d) She is frustrated that parts of it need to be fixed.
5. On August 18th, what does Father Kleinsorge begin to feel as he walks halfway from the center of town?
(a) He feels very nauseous.
(b) He feels a lot of pain in his legs.
(c) He feels excruciatingly tired.
(d) He feels very cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sasaki feel should happen to the men who decided to use the bomb?
2. What does Dr. Fujii end up doing with regards to his work?
3. What is the one feeling the survivors of Hiroshima share?
4. What does a young man who is staying at the same hospital as that of Miss Sasaki give her?
5. Who eventually comes looking for Miss Sasaki and finds her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Tanaka.
2. What does Miss Sasaki think about while at the hospital and why?
3. By mid-September, what is Dr. Sasaki's condition at the Red Cross Hospital?
4. How does President Truman describe the atomic bomb during his radio announcement?
5. What does Mr. Tanimoto see when he goes to find a doctor at an aid station?
6. How does Miss Sasaki spend the first night of the bombing?
7. How do the Nakamura children spend the night at Asano Park the day of the bombing?
8. After Mr. Tanimoto rescues the people from the sandpit, what stirs his rage?
9. What happens to Father Kleinsorge's physical condition a few weeks after the bombing?
10. What does Mr. Tanimoto see when he awakes in the first light of dawn, the first morning after the bombing?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)