|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition of one of the wounded people lying beside Miss Sasaki?
(a) An old woman is nearly dead.
(b) A soldier's eye sockets are hollow from the burns.
(c) A man has lost his arm.
(d) A woman has lost her breast.
2. At the Red Cross Hospital, how many doctors are available for ten thousand patients?
3. What does Dr. Sasaki eventually get permission from the Red Cross Hospital to do?
(a) To transfer to another hospital.
(b) To sleep for seventeen hours.
(c) To go to his mother's home in Mukaihara.
(d) To take a two-day break from the Red Cross Hospital.
4. What ends up happening to Mr. Fukai, the Japanese secretary of the diocese?
(a) No one sees him again.
(b) He is found dead.
(c) He is found at the Red Cross Hospital.
(d) He was last seen running into a fire.
5. What happens to the Kataoka children, sister and brother, whom Father Kleinsorge finds?
(a) It is discovered that their entire family is dead.
(b) They have to be separated.
(c) They die.
(d) They are returned to their mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor is spread as a result of people feeling sick nearly a month after the atomic bomb?
2. In trying to rebuild the city, what is the Planning Conference in Hiroshima at a loss to?
3. Why does Father Kelinsorge go to the police station the day after the bombing?
4. After the bombing, what two feeling predominate the citizens of Hiroshima for the Americans?
5. What does Mr. Tanaka do as Mr. Tanimoto reads the psalm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What affect does Father Kleinsorge's answers to Miss Sasaki's questions about life have on her health?
2. How does Miss Sasaki spend the first night of the bombing?
3. What are the Japanese physicists' concern about the bomb and what do they do about it?
4. What does Mr. Tanimoto see when he goes to find a doctor at an aid station?
5. Outside, what is the condition of the Red Cross Hospital?
6. What theory does Dr. Sasaki and his colleagues at the Red Cross Hospital make about the first stage of the radiation disease?
7. Who does Mr. Tanimoto keep trying to avoid at the park?
8. What happens to Father Kleinsorge's physical condition a few weeks after the bombing?
9. What makes Father Kleinsorge a little hysterical, wanting to cry after feeling thirsty in the dreadful heat?
10. By midsummer, Mrs. Nakamura's savings are gone. How then does she survive?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)