|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Mrs. Nakamura free the children?
(a) Her neighbor.
(b) She frees them herself.
(c) Dr. Sasaki.
(d) Mr. Tarimoto.
2. Where does Dr. Fujii work?
(a) He works at Hiroshima Hospital.
(b) He operates a family-owned clinic.
(c) He works at a local clinic.
(d) He operates a private hospital.
3. How many people in Hiroshima are killed by the atomic bomb?
(a) A hundred thousand.
(b) Two hundred thousand.
(c) Three hundred thousand.
(d) Two hundred and fifty thousand.
4. What do the people attribute their sickness of nausea and vomiting to?
(a) The food they'd eaten.
(b) Gas the Americans dropped.
(c) The water they'd drank.
(d) The terrible smell of the bomb.
5. What falls on Miss Sasaki's legs after the bomb drops?
(a) An office desk.
(b) A table.
(c) A bookcase.
(d) A statue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Nakamura dresses her children in everything except for...
2. How is Miss Sasaki related to Dr. Sasaki?
3. How many children does Mrs. Hasuyo Nakamura have?
4. What do Mr. Tanimoto and Father Kleinsorge eat from the garden on the way to the shelter?
5. After being at the park for a while, what becomes the peoples' concern?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the weather at Asano Park like?
2. Describe Father Wilhelm Kleinsorge.
3. Describe Dr. Masakazu Fujii and his lifestyle prior to the bombing.
4. Describe Dr. Fujii's private clinic.
5. What does Mr. Tanimoto encounter on his way to and from finding his wife and baby?
6. What is the atmosphere like at Asano Park?
7. What explains why so many citizens who are hurt go unattended and why so many citizens who might have lived die?
8. How does Mr. Fukai, the secretary of the diocese, behave after Hiroshima is hit by the bomb?
9. What are some of the reasons people pour into Asano Park?
10. What puzzles Dr. Fujii and his doctor friend about what they see after the bombing?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)