|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Miss Sasaki laid on a large sheet under the rain?
(a) She is laid with two other wounded people, a man and a woman.
(b) She is laid with one other person.
(c) She is laid with three children.
(d) She is laid with four other wounded, two men and two women.
2. Almost no one in Hiroshima recalls...
(a) Having heard any noise of the bomb.
(b) Having heard people calling to be rescued.
(c) Having heard the all clear sounding.
(d) Having heard any sirens warning of the bomb hours prior to the bombing.
3. What does Mr. Fukai, the Secretary of the diocese, keep saying while he's being rescued?
(a) "I don't want to die."
(b) "I must save this building."
(c) "Leave me here to die."
(d) "I must find my family."
4. What is a Molotov flower basket?
(a) The delicate Japanese name for B-29s.
(b) The name the Japanese gave the American bombers.
(c) The delicate Japanese name for self-scattering cluster of bombs.
(d) The name the Japanese gave the atomic bomb.
5. What do the six survivors in Hiroshima, who John Hersey writes about, still wonder?
(a) They wonder if their lives will ever be normal again.
(b) They wonder why they lived while so many others died.
(c) They wonder whether the atomic bomb will ever be used again.
(d) They wonder why the Americnas used such a bomb on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Nakamura do with the sewing machine prior to leaving her home?
2. What happens to the climate in Asano Park?
3. After the bombing, what happens to Dr. Fujii's hospital?
4. When a roar of approaching planes is heard at Asano Park, the baker commands people to take off garments having what color?
5. On what day is the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the bomb hits, what does Mr. Tanimoto see from the mound in the garden?
2. Describe Mrs. Hatsuyo Nakamura.
3. What is Mrs. Nakamura doing the morning of the bombing?
4. What are some of the reasons people pour into Asano Park?
5. What is the atmosphere like at Asano Park?
6. What steps does Mrs. Nakamura take after the bombing?
7. What may have saved Dr. Sasaki's life the morning of the bomb?
8. Describe Father Wilhelm Kleinsorge.
9. Describe Dr. Fujii's private clinic.
10. What puzzles Dr. Fujii and his doctor friend about what they see after the bombing?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)