|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Molotov flower basket?
(a) The delicate Japanese name for B-29s.
(b) The delicate Japanese name for self-scattering cluster of bombs.
(c) The name the Japanese gave the American bombers.
(d) The name the Japanese gave the atomic bomb.
2. In general, the survivors of Hiroshima...
(a) They were too shocked to help anyone but themselves.
(b) They only assisted the women, children and elders.
(c) They tried to help everyone around them.
(d) They assisted only their relatives or immediate neighbors.
3. For more than a month, Dr. Sasaki works...
(a) Wearing someone else's glasses.
(b) Without having any glasses.
(c) With a badly injured leg.
(d) With a badly injured arm.
4. Mr. Tanimoto carries water from the river to the people, an act which...
(a) Turns out to be a mistake.
(b) He is proud to have been able to do.
(c) Saves a number of people.
(d) He regrets having done.
5. With whom is Miss Sasaki laid on a large sheet under the rain?
(a) She is laid with three children.
(b) She is laid with two other wounded people, a man and a woman.
(c) She is laid with four other wounded, two men and two women.
(d) She is laid with one other person.
6. Before the bomb falls, what does everyone in Hiroshima expect to suffer?
(a) Massive B-29 raids.
(b) The atomic bomb.
(c) A hydrogen bomb.
(d) Poison gas.
7. How does Mrs. Nakamura's husband die?
(a) He has a heart attack.
(b) He is killed in a car accident.
(c) He dies while serving in the army.
(d) He commits suicide.
8. What is the 20-year-old woman doing when Mr. Tanimoto sees her?
(a) She is talking to her dead infant daughter as if she's alive.
(b) She is trying to feed her dead infant son as if he's alive.
(c) She is bundling her dead infant son to keep him warm.
(d) She is carrying her dead infant daughter in her arms.
9. What is Miss Toshinki doing when the bomb drops?
(a) She has just grabbed a cup of coffee and is heading towards her desk.
(b) She has just lifted some papers off her desk.
(c) She has just turned her head to chat with the girl at the next desk.
(d) She has just approached her boss to ask for a raise.
10. Where does Dr. Fujii work?
(a) He operates a private hospital.
(b) He works at a local clinic.
(c) He operates a family-owned clinic.
(d) He works at Hiroshima Hospital.
11. What is Mr. Hatsuyo Nakamura doing when the bomb drops?
(a) She is watching a neighbor from her kitchen window.
(b) She is fixing up her childrens' bedroom.
(c) She is watching her five year old from the bedroom window.
(d) She is cooking a meal for her children in the kitchen.
12. When abnormally large drops of rain fall on the people at Asano Park, what does someone shout?
(a) "The government is going to save us."
(b) "The Americans are dropping gasoline."
(c) "The Americans are dropping some kind of poison."
(d) "More B-29s!"
13. Why does Dr. Fujii like to read the Osaka News?
(a) He plans to move there after the war.
(b) His clinic is in Osaka.
(c) His wife lives there.
(d) The Osaka News delivers the most accurate news.
14. When a roar of approaching planes is heard at Asano Park, the baker commands people to take off garments having what color?
15. What it something Dr. Fujii feel despite the misery all around him?
(a) He is positive that most of the wounded will survive.
(b) He is afraid that he lost all his wealth.
(c) He is ashamed of his appearance.
(d) He wishes he wasn't a doctor so he wouldn't have to attend to anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Terufimi Sasaki live with?
2. Prior to the bombing, what happens to Hiroshima's population?
3. What happens when Mr. Tanimoto finds his wife after the bombing?
4. Where does Dr. Sasaki work?
5. What is Dr. Terufumi Sasaki doing when the bomb drops?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)