|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What falls on Miss Sasaki's legs after the bomb drops?
(a) A statue.
(b) An office desk.
(c) A table.
(d) A bookcase.
2. Why is Mrs. Nakamura's neighbor tearing down his house before the bombing?
(a) It lies in a dangerous spot.
(b) He wants to build a small shelter instead.
(c) It lies in the path of an air-raid-defense fire lane.
(d) He wants to build a new home.
3. What do the Japanese call the B-29?
(a) Mr. B.
(b) Mr. Bomb.
(c) Mr. 29.
(d) Mr. B-29.
4. What is Mrs. Halsuyo Nakamura's profession?
(a) She is a nurse.
(b) She is a dental assistant.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is a tailor.
5. Once Mrs. Nakamura takes her children out into the street, what does she worry about?
(a) Her children being sick.
(b) Her children being cold.
(c) Her children being tired.
(d) Her children being hot.
6. How many patients does Dr. Fujii have prior to the bombing?
7. After being at the park for a while, what becomes the peoples' concern?
(a) They are in a lot of pain and beg for medication.
(b) They fear they won't be safe at the park until morning.
(c) They are hungry and beg for food.
(d) They fear the water they've drank is contaminated.
8. How does Mr. Tarimoto react when he sees his wife?
(a) He says, "Oh, you are safe."
(b) He weeps and expresses how worried he'd been about them.
(c) He is horrified by the sight of her wounds.
(d) He embraces her and their baby.
9. Prior to the bombing, what happens to Hiroshima's population?
(a) It suffers poverty due to the war.
(b) It is reduced due to several evacuation programs.
(c) It is increased to help clear the fire lanes.
(d) It becomes absent of many professionals who flee the city.
10. What is Mr. Masakazu Fujii doing when the bomb drops?
(a) He has just sat down to drink a cup of coffee on the porch.
(b) He has just begun to give orders to his nurse.
(c) He has just begun to chat with a patient.
(d) He has just sat down to read the paper on the porch.
11. Almost no one in Hiroshima recalls...
(a) Having heard the all clear sounding.
(b) Having heard any sirens warning of the bomb hours prior to the bombing.
(c) Having heard any noise of the bomb.
(d) Having heard people calling to be rescued.
12. In Chapter 2, why does Mr. Tanimoto run back to a hillock in the rayon man's garden?
(a) He wants to help more wounded people.
(b) He wants to find his friends.
(c) He wants to hide in a better area.
(d) He wants to get a view of Hiroshima.
13. Who helps Mrs. Nakamura free the children?
(a) Her neighbor.
(b) Dr. Sasaki.
(c) Mr. Tarimoto.
(d) She frees them herself.
14. How many children does Mrs. Hasuyo Nakamura have?
(a) She has a son and a daughter.
(b) She has two daughters and one son.
(c) She has one son and two daughters.
(d) She has two sons and two daughters.
15. Why does the Jesuit's mission house remain standing after the bombing?
(a) It was braced and double braced.
(b) It used to be a shelter.
(c) Its concrete was extroardinarily thick.
(d) No one knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the bomb falls, what does everyone in Hiroshima expect to suffer?
2. In Chapter 2, after the bombing, why does Mr. Tanimoto run towards the city when everyone else is running out?
3. What does the man who tries to rescue Miss Sasaki tell her?
4. What does Mrs. Nakamura do as soon as everything turns white?
5. What does NOT happen to the people at Asano Park?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)