|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Aftermath.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Nakamura do once she receives money from the bank for her husband's bond?
(a) She buys a wig.
(b) She gives the money to her in-laws.
(c) She rents a shack.
(d) She buys a new sewing machine.
2. What happens to Mrs. Nakamura a few weeks after the bombing?
(a) She becomes blind.
(b) She becomes deaf.
(c) She becomes bald.
(d) She experiences fainting spells.
3. Mr. Tanimoto carries water from the river to the people, an act which...
(a) Saves a number of people.
(b) He regrets having done.
(c) Turns out to be a mistake.
(d) He is proud to have been able to do.
4. What is Mrs. Halsuyo Nakamura's profession?
(a) She is a dental assistant.
(b) She is a nurse.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is a tailor.
5. How does Ms. Nakamura view the bombing?
(a) It is a natural disaster.
(b) It means that evil prevails over good.
(c) It means life has little good to offer.
(d) It is an unnecessary cruelty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who eventually comes looking for Miss Sasaki and finds her?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 5, how does Mrs. Nakamura keep her children and herself alive?
3. In Chapter 3, when Mr. Tanimoto reaches down to the river and takes a woman by the hand, what sickens him so much that he has to sit down?
4. When abnormally large drops of rain fall on the people at Asano Park, what does someone shout?
5. What ends up happening to Mrs. Nakamura's children after they grow up?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)