|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Aftermath.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prior to the bombing, why is Hiroshima an inviting target?
(a) It is the largest city in Japan.
(b) It is the most populated city in Japan.
(c) It is in the center of Japan.
(d) It is one of the most important military command and communications centers in Japan.
2. What does the women holding the dead baby keep requesting of Mr. Tanimoto?
(a) To find her son.
(b) To revive her daughter.
(c) To get her a doctor.
(d) To find her husband.
3. What texts does Father Kleinsorge believe are the two texts that never tell lies?
(a) The Bible and timetables.
(b) The Bible and maps.
(c) The Bible and his diaries.
(d) The Bible and his medical reports.
4. What is the 20-year-old woman doing when Mr. Tanimoto sees her?
(a) She is talking to her dead infant daughter as if she's alive.
(b) She is trying to feed her dead infant son as if he's alive.
(c) She is carrying her dead infant daughter in her arms.
(d) She is bundling her dead infant son to keep him warm.
5. What does Mr. Tanimoto have to keep consciously repeating to himself in order to get all the people across the river?
(a) ""What if I was in their place?"
(b) "They are human beings."
(c) "God will reward me."
(d) "It's a great sin to leave them behind."
Short Answer Questions
1. What it something Dr. Fujii feel despite the misery all around him?
2. What does "hibakusha" mean?
3. On August 15, who publicly speaks for the first time in Japanese history over the radio?
4. What is Miss Toshinki Sasaki's profession?
5. What is Father Wilhelm Kleinsorge doing when the bomb falls?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)