|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people attribute their sickness of nausea and vomiting to?
(a) The food they'd eaten.
(b) The terrible smell of the bomb.
(c) Gas the Americans dropped.
(d) The water they'd drank.
2. What is Miss Sasaki's neighbor at the factory mistaken about?
(a) She thinks her back is broken.
(b) She thinks no one will come save them.
(c) She thinks it's safer to stay put.
(d) She thinks she will bleed to death.
3. What do the six survivors in Hiroshima, who John Hersey writes about, still wonder?
(a) They wonder whether the atomic bomb will ever be used again.
(b) They wonder why the Americnas used such a bomb on them.
(c) They wonder why they lived while so many others died.
(d) They wonder if their lives will ever be normal again.
4. Where does Dr. Fujii work?
(a) He works at Hiroshima Hospital.
(b) He operates a family-owned clinic.
(c) He works at a local clinic.
(d) He operates a private hospital.
5. At what time does the atomic bomb flash above Hiroshima?
(a) 6:00 A.M.
(b) 11:15 A.M.
(c) 9:00 A.M.
(d) 8:15 A.M.
Short Answer Questions
1. When abnormally large drops of rain fall on the people at Asano Park, what does someone shout?
2. What is a Molotov flower basket?
3. Who does Dr. Terufimi Sasaki live with?
4. Why does the Jesuit's mission house remain standing after the bombing?
5. What is one of the reasons that people pour into Asano Park?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)