|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Reverend Mr. Kiyoshi Tanimoto doing when the bomb drops?
(a) He is about to deliver a cart of food at an old man's home in the suburbs.
(b) He is about to take a long walk in the suburbs.
(c) He is about to knock on the door of a relative's home who lives in the suburbs.
(d) He is about to unload a cart of clothes at a rich man's home in the suburbs.
2. Mostly, what food is brought back from the shelter for the wounded?
3. Where does Dr. Fujii work?
(a) He works at a local clinic.
(b) He operates a family-owned clinic.
(c) He operates a private hospital.
(d) He works at Hiroshima Hospital.
4. With whom is Miss Sasaki laid on a large sheet under the rain?
(a) She is laid with two other wounded people, a man and a woman.
(b) She is laid with four other wounded, two men and two women.
(c) She is laid with three children.
(d) She is laid with one other person.
5. What does Mr. Tanimoto take from the five dead men in the river?
(a) He takes their glasses.
(b) He takes their food.
(c) He takes their wallets.
(d) He takes their boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Mrs. Nakamura free the children?
2. What it something Dr. Fujii feel despite the misery all around him?
3. What do the six survivors in Hiroshima, who John Hersey writes about, still wonder?
4. Where is the Reverend Mr. Tanimoto's wife and baby when the bomb falls?
5. What do people hear prior to the bomb dropping?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)