|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the reasons that people pour into Asano Park?
(a) The park was too far away from Hiroshima to be affected by the bombings.
(b) They believe that if another bomb hits, they could hide behind the rocks and trees in the garden.
(c) They believe that if the Americans come back, they would bomb only buildings.
(d) They believe that they will have all the food and water they need there.
2. After the bombing, what happens to Dr. Fujii's hospital?
(a) It goes into the river.
(b) It remains standing.
(c) It is burned down by fire.
(d) It remains in the bank of the Kyo Rover.
3. What do Mr. Tanimoto and Father Kleinsorge eat from the garden on the way to the shelter?
(a) Roasted potatoes.
(b) Roasted peanuts.
(c) A roasted pumpkin.
(d) A roasted corn on the cob.
4. Prior to the bombing, what happens to Hiroshima's population?
(a) It becomes absent of many professionals who flee the city.
(b) It is increased to help clear the fire lanes.
(c) It is reduced due to several evacuation programs.
(d) It suffers poverty due to the war.
5. What is Miss Toshinki Sasaki's profession?
(a) She is a clerk.
(b) She is a librarian.
(c) She is a bookkeeper.
(d) She is a nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Toshinki doing when the bomb drops?
2. Mrs. Nakamura dresses her children in everything except for...
3. Why is Mrs. Nakamura's neighbor tearing down his house before the bombing?
4. Why are the wounded calling out to Mr. Tanimoto?
5. What falls on Miss Sasaki's legs after the bomb drops?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)