|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day is the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima?
(a) August 16, 1945.
(b) August 26, 1945.
(c) August 6, 1945.
(d) August 1, 1945.
2. How many children does Mrs. Hasuyo Nakamura have?
(a) She has two sons and two daughters.
(b) She has a son and a daughter.
(c) She has one son and two daughters.
(d) She has two daughters and one son.
3. What is Father Wilhelm Kleinsorge doing when the bomb falls?
(a) He is writing a letter while lying on a cot.
(b) He is sleeping on a cot.
(c) He is praying while lying on a cot.
(d) He is lying on a cot reading a Jesuit magazine.
4. What nationality is Father Wilhelm Kleinsorge?
5. What does Mr. Tanimoto take from the five dead men in the river?
(a) He takes their food.
(b) He takes their boat.
(c) He takes their wallets.
(d) He takes their glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, after the bombing, why does Mr. Tanimoto run towards the city when everyone else is running out?
2. Why is Mrs. Nakamura's neighbor tearing down his house before the bombing?
3. What is one of the reasons that people pour into Asano Park?
4. In Chapter 2, why does Mr. Tanimoto run back to a hillock in the rayon man's garden?
5. What do the six survivors in Hiroshima, who John Hersey writes about, still wonder?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)