|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Noiseless Flash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Father Wilhelm Kleinsorge doing when the bomb falls?
(a) He is lying on a cot reading a Jesuit magazine.
(b) He is praying while lying on a cot.
(c) He is sleeping on a cot.
(d) He is writing a letter while lying on a cot.
2. What is Miss Toshinki doing when the bomb drops?
(a) She has just approached her boss to ask for a raise.
(b) She has just turned her head to chat with the girl at the next desk.
(c) She has just grabbed a cup of coffee and is heading towards her desk.
(d) She has just lifted some papers off her desk.
3. What is Dr. Terufumi Sasaki doing when the bomb drops?
(a) He is examining a blood specimen for a Wasserman test.
(b) He is collecting blood specimen for a Wasserman test.
(c) He is drawing a blood test from a patient for a Wasserman test.
(d) He is walking along a hospital corridor with a blood specimen for a Wasserman test.
4. Why is Mrs. Nakamura's neighbor tearing down his house before the bombing?
(a) It lies in the path of an air-raid-defense fire lane.
(b) He wants to build a small shelter instead.
(c) It lies in a dangerous spot.
(d) He wants to build a new home.
5. What do the six survivors in Hiroshima, who John Hersey writes about, still wonder?
(a) They wonder whether the atomic bomb will ever be used again.
(b) They wonder if their lives will ever be normal again.
(c) They wonder why the Americnas used such a bomb on them.
(d) They wonder why they lived while so many others died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Halsuyo Nakamura's profession?
2. Why does Dr. Fujii like to read the Osaka News?
3. What does Dr. Terufumi Sasaki do without a permit?
4. On what day is the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima?
5. Who does the prefecture order to help clear the fire lanes?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)