A Noiseless Flash
• On August 6, 1945, at 8:15 A.M., an atomic bomb detonates over the city of Hiroshima, Japan.
• The six people whose experiences are the focus of the book are introduced here.
• Reverend Tanimoto is pastor of the Hiroshima Methodist Church.
• When the bomb drops, Reverend Tanimoto is about to unload a cart of clothes at a rich man's home in the suburbs.
• Mrs. Hatsuyo Nakamura, the widow of a tailor, has three children.
• She provides for her family by using her husband's sewing machine.
• When the bomb drops, her children are sleeping and she is watching a neighbor from her kitchen window.
• Dr. Masakazu Fujii is prosperous and hedonistic.
• His small, privately-owned and operated hospital is located on the bank of the Kyo River.
• When the bomb drops, he has just sat down to read the paper on the porch.
• Father Wilhelm Kleinsorge of the Society of...
This section contains 1,783 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)