|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What verse was Much-Afraid shouting from the causeway?
(a) Psalm 27:6
(b) Psalm 23
(c) Proverbs 21:19
(d) Psalm 47:1
2. What did Much-Afraid say when the Shepherd reminded her he had promised she would have hinds' feet?
(a) She asked him to just take her to the High Places and skip the hard part.
(b) She suggested an easier route be taken.
(c) She said she no longer wanted hinds' feet, if it meant going up a path like the one she was facing.
(d) She asked to go back to the Valley of Humiliation.
3. What happens when Much-Afraid begins to have doubts about the journey to the High Places?
(a) The thorn pricked her heart.
(b) All the answers are correct.
(c) Tears began to prick in her eyes.
(d) She said she would trust the Shepherd and do as He wants.
4. What did Much-Afraid realize about her climb to the High Places?
(a) She wanted to return home because it was too hard.
(b) It was a bumpy road.
(c) She had to ride a donkey to get up the hills.
(d) It was steeper than she anticipated.
5. Who raised the orphaned Much-Afraid?
(a) The Chief Shepherd.
(b) Mrs. Dismal Forebodings.
(c) Mrs. Charles Fearling.
(d) Miss Foreboding.
6. What did Much-Afraid find growing out of a tiny crevice in a rock where she and the twin sisters spent the night?
(a) Some moss.
(c) A golden flower.
(d) A blood-red flower.
7. What is the Seed of Love?
(a) A thorn.
(b) A seed from the Shepherd's heart.
(c) A rose seed.
(d) A flower seed.
8. What did Much-Afraid do when she found the Shepherd at the trysting place?
(a) She raced to his side.
(b) She gave him a big hug.
(c) She danced with joy.
(d) She fell at his feet crying.
9. How does the Shepherd refer to the journey through the desert?
(a) The burning coals of sand.
(b) The furnace of fire.
(c) The secret of fire and ice.
(d) The ring of fire.
10. What is The Water Song?
(a) It is words set to the sound of the water flowing down the hill.
(b) It is a song everyone sings when they go to the well for water.
(c) It is an ancient song sung for generations in the valley.
(d) It is the words they heard the water singing, so they made up music to go with it.
11. Who did Much-Afraid and the twin sisters see when they reached the top of the precipice?
(b) Craven Fear.
(c) The Shepherd.
(d) All five of the Fearlings.
12. What did Much-Afraid do when the Shepherd told her that she and the twins would be taking a detour through the desert?
(a) She fell to her knees at His feet in anguish.
(b) She decided to go back to the Valley.
(c) She started back toward the mountain.
(d) She accused the Shepherd of playing a joke on her.
13. Unable to fall back to sleep the night following her visit from the Fearlings, what did Much-Afraid do after she got out of bed?
(a) Went for a walk.
(b) Dressed and left her cottage in search of the Shepherd.
(c) Had some warm milk.
(d) Sat and read for a while.
14. Feeling her resolve to make the journey to the High Places weakened by Pride's words, who did Much-Afraid call upon for help?
(c) The Shepherd.
(d) Mrs. Valiant.
15. What did Much-Afraid do at the edge of the cliff?
(a) She thought about crying.
(b) She built her third altar.
(c) She thought about jumping over the edge.
(d) She thought about her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pride?
2. What does the Shepherd reply when Much-Afraid asks him to take her all the way to the High Place?
3. Why was Pride chosen for his designated task in the chapter, "Encounters with Pride"?
4. Who tried to prevent her from making the journey to the High Places?
5. Of what was Much-Afraid most frightened after she awoke?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)