|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of music did Anita strictly sing in Chapter 4?
2. Who was born after Gladys and her first husband moved?
3. What did Anita do with the money she won in the dance contest?
(a) Spent it on clothes.
(b) Went to the movies and dinner with it.
(c) Gave it to her mother.
(d) Spent it on food.
4. What happened to the entertainment group towards the end of Chapter 3?
(a) They begin to break up.
(b) They want to go on tour.
(c) They begin to hate their lives.
(d) They begin to fight.
5. What was the result of James' behavior?
(a) He went bankrupt.
(b) Gladys divorced him.
(c) He lost his job.
(d) He lost his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the newlywed couple move to?
2. What did Anita begin to do to make money in Chapter 3?
3. Where did Anita's crush in Chapter 3 play the drums?
4. What does Chapter 4 open with?
5. What happened during Anita's first sexual encounter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Anita give her mom her dance contest money?
2. Why did Anita run away in Chapter 1?
3. Describe Aunt Belle.
4. What did Gladys allow Anita to do in Chapter 2?
5. Describe the people Anita says could not maintain a menial job, like "regular folks".
6. Describe Martha Raye.
7. Describe what happened after Anita's first sexual encounter.
8. Describe James.
9. Who is Carl Hoff?
10. Describe Gladys.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)