|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the newlywed couple move to?
2. Who did Gladys marry first?
(a) Jimmy Cotton.
(b) James Colton.
(c) James Cotton.
(d) Jim Colton.
3. What did Anita drown her sorrows in while Don was away?
(b) Sleeping pills.
(c) A crazy social life.
(d) Cognac and marijuana.
4. What did Anita attend a great deal during her summers?
(c) The river.
5. In Chapter 3, what was Don offered at the same time Anita was receiving an offer as well?
(a) A job in Europe.
(b) A new car as a bonus to his job.
(c) A new house.
(d) A job in New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anita long for during Chapter 2?
2. How long did Anita play for her first set at Off-Beat?
3. What did Anita's crush teach her to play?
4. What did Anita do with the money she won in the dance contest?
5. Who did Anita travel with during her time she ran away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chapter 2 end?
2. What did Anita demonstrate her first night at the Off-Beat?
3. Describe Aunt Belle.
4. Describe the advertisement Anita saw in Chapter 2.
5. Describe Martha Raye.
6. Who is Carl Hoff?
7. Describe how Gladys and James became married.
8. Describe Anita's life at age 14.
9. Describe what happened after Anita's first sexual encounter.
10. Why did Anita give her mom her dance contest money?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)