|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chapter 3 find Anita?
(a) In school.
(b) At home.
(c) In church.
(d) At camp.
2. Why did Anita begin to use marijuana and alcohol regularly?
(a) The older crowd she hung out with did so.
(b) She needed a stress relief.
(c) To fit in.
(d) To be cool.
3. What did Anita begin to do to make money in Chapter 3?
(a) Waited tables.
(d) Worked a table dice game.
4. Where did Anita's crush in Chapter 3 play the drums?
(a) The Virgin Record Store.
(b) The Venus.
(c) The Vialago.
(d) In the streets.
5. What did Anita become at the age of 17?
(a) A famous singer.
(b) Don's wife.
(c) An actress.
(d) Don's mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who eventually proposed marriage to Anita while she was still married to Don?
2. In Chapter 3, what was Don offered at the same time Anita was receiving an offer as well?
3. Where did Anita spend her summers?
4. What did Anita show her talent was, during her first performance at the Off-Beat?
5. What was the result of James' behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Anita work when she was 16?
2. Why did Anita run away in Chapter 1?
3. How did Anita feel that her mother felt about her?
4. Describe Martha Raye.
5. Describe how Gladys and James became married.
6. Describe Anita's life at age 14.
7. What was Anita's other talent besides dancing?
8. Describe the people Anita says could not maintain a menial job, like "regular folks".
9. What did Anita demonstrate her first night at the Off-Beat?
10. Describe what the Off-Beat was.
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)