|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Anita do with the money she won in the dance contest?
(a) Gave it to her mother.
(b) Spent it on clothes.
(c) Spent it on food.
(d) Went to the movies and dinner with it.
2. Who came to live with Anita and her mom in Chapter 2?
(a) Aunt V.
(b) Aunt Belle.
(c) Uncle George.
(d) Uncle John.
3. Who eventually proposed marriage to Anita while she was still married to Don?
(c) No on.
4. What was Anita's first marriage built upon?
(b) Friendship where sex was frowned upon.
5. Who is Gladys?
(a) Anita's mother.
(b) Anita's teacher.
(c) Anita's grandmother.
(d) Anita's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Anita's crush in Chapter 3 play the drums?
2. Who did Anita spend her summers with?
3. What did Anita's crush teach her to play?
4. What did Anita show her talent was, during her first performance at the Off-Beat?
5. Where did the newlywed couple move to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the advertisement Anita saw in Chapter 2.
2. What was Anita's other talent besides dancing?
3. What did Gladys allow Anita to do in Chapter 2?
4. Describe the people Anita says could not maintain a menial job, like "regular folks".
5. Describe Martha Raye.
6. Where did Anita work when she was 16?
7. Describe Anita and Don's relationship.
8. How did Anita feel that her mother felt about her?
9. How does Chapter 2 end?
10. Describe Anita's life at age 14.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)