|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Anita go on tour with Benny Goodman?
(a) Sweden and Germany.
2. What does Anita feel life on the road leads to?
3. In Chapter 7, who replaced Anita in the band?
(a) Shirley Luster.
(b) Shirley Lukes.
(c) Shirley Lusk.
(d) Lusk Shurles.
4. What did Granz's company produce?
(a) Swing dancers.
(b) Jazz and beebop artists.
(c) Baked goods.
(d) Blues artists.
5. What was Anita NOT considered to be, Chapter 12?
(a) A financial success.
6. What did John give to Anita?
(a) A hug.
(b) A picture frame.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A harmonica.
7. What did Anita refuse to autograph of John's?
(a) His face.
(b) His snare drum.
(c) His chest.
(d) His guitar.
8. Who was arrested for possession and contributing to the delinquency of a 17 year old?
9. What were Anita's physical conditions after she re-joined Gene's band?
(a) Underpaid and underfed.
(b) Overworked and underpaid.
(c) Overworked but healthy.
(d) Overworked and not eating.
10. When did Anita get booked throughout the country?
11. Where was John arrested?
(a) In Anita's new car.
(b) On the streets.
(c) In the club.
(d) At home.
12. Who did Anita reconnect with in 1947?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her father and his 10th wife.
13. Who was Vido Musso?
(a) A producer.
(b) A singer.
(c) A tenor saxophone player.
(d) A manager.
14. How long did Anita ride her career crest?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 9 years.
15. What was Anita and John's relationship based on?
(a) Another music club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Anita and John permission to leave Club Starlite?
2. What did the band Anita played with in Chapter 7 do in their free time?
3. Whose band did Anita join in Chapter 7?
4. What does Anita say about her time spent in prison?
5. What was Anita diagnosed with?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)