|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Goodman not tolerate?
(a) Drug abuse.
(b) Relationships in the band.
(c) Other performers upstaging him.
(d) Alcohol abuse.
2. Where was John arrested?
(a) In Anita's new car.
(b) At home.
(c) On the streets.
(d) In the club.
3. Where did Anita and John go first after leaving Club Starlite?
4. What were Anita's physical conditions after she re-joined Gene's band?
(a) Overworked and not eating.
(b) Overworked but healthy.
(c) Overworked and underpaid.
(d) Underpaid and underfed.
5. Where did the band begin to perform during Chapter 6?
(a) On the road.
(b) Military bases.
(c) Univeristy campus's.
6. What was the Village Vanguard?
(a) A nice park.
(b) The oldest club in New York.
(c) The youngest club in New York.
(d) A campground.
7. Who moved in with Anita and John in Chapter 12?
(b) No one.
(d) Anita's mom.
8. Whose band did Anita join in Chapter 7?
(c) Stan Kenton's.
(d) No one's.
9. What does Anita feel life on the road leads to?
10. What did Anita and John's life spiral into?
11. Who was arrested for possession and contributing to the delinquency of a 17 year old?
12. What did Carl do during the war?
(a) Trained marines.
(b) Trained war pilots.
(c) Flew combat missions in airplanes.
(d) Fought with the army on the ground.
13. Where did Anita go on tour with Benny Goodman?
(a) Sweden and Germany.
14. Who did Carl buy a piece of property with?
(a) Rayson Fromm.
(b) Forman Rays.
(c) Ramond For.
(d) Ray Forman.
15. Who was Musso's top recording artist?
(a) Otis Redding.
(b) Aretha Franklin.
(c) Eartha Kitt.
(d) Ella Fitzgerald.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anita do after her bail?
2. What did Anita and Carl do before he shipped out for war?
3. Who was Vido Musso?
4. How long was John's probation for?
5. Who introduced Anita to heroin?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)