|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Carl and Anita buy a house when the war was almost over?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Las Vegas.
2. What was the name of the club Musso had a long term engagement with?
(a) Starlight Cafe.
(b) Club Lights.
(c) Club Starlite.
(d) Club Stars.
3. What does Anita feel life on the road leads to?
4. Who was Vido Musso?
(a) A manager.
(b) A producer.
(c) A tenor saxophone player.
(d) A singer.
5. Who was arrested for possession and contributing to the delinquency of a 17 year old?
6. Where does Anita return to in Chapter 12?
(d) New York.
7. What did John give to Anita?
(a) A picture frame.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A hug.
8. What do Chapters 6 through 9 show the reader about Anita's life?
(b) The roller coaster existence of a musician's life.
(c) Failure and success.
9. Who is Joe Glaser?
(a) John's friend.
(b) Anita's son.
(c) Anita's brother.
(d) The person who arranged engagements for Anita.
10. Who moved in with Anita and John in Chapter 12?
(b) Anita's mom.
(d) No one.
11. What did Goodman not tolerate?
(a) Alcohol abuse.
(b) Relationships in the band.
(c) Drug abuse.
(d) Other performers upstaging him.
12. Where does Joe now currently reside?
(d) Palm Springs.
13. What did Anita love most about performing?
(a) The heat from the lights.
(b) The sound of the music.
(c) The lights and crowds.
(d) The sound of the crowd.
14. Where was John arrested?
(a) At home.
(b) In Anita's new car.
(c) In the club.
(d) On the streets.
15. What did Anita and John's life spiral into?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the people find who raided Carl and Anita's home?
2. What were Anita's physical conditions after she re-joined Gene's band?
3. What did Granz's company produce?
4. What was Anita diagnosed with?
5. What illness did John develop?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)