|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Granz's company produce?
(a) Blues artists.
(b) Swing dancers.
(c) Baked goods.
(d) Jazz and beebop artists.
2. What type of songs did Anita choose to sing?
(a) Popular ones.
(b) Emotional heavy ones.
(c) One's she could "feel".
(d) Sexy ones.
3. What did Goodman not tolerate?
(a) Relationships in the band.
(b) Drug abuse.
(c) Other performers upstaging him.
(d) Alcohol abuse.
4. What did Anita love most about performing?
(a) The heat from the lights.
(b) The sound of the music.
(c) The sound of the crowd.
(d) The lights and crowds.
5. What did Anita do after her bail?
(a) Went to her mom's.
(b) Moved to another country.
(c) Filed for divorce.
(d) Went shopping.
6. How long did the person spend in jail who was arrested for possession and contributing to the delinquency of a 17 year old?
(a) 90 days.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 180 days.
(d) 4 months.
7. Whose band did Anita join in Chapter 7?
(c) Stan Kenton's.
(d) No one's.
8. What did the band Anita played with in Chapter 7 do in their free time?
(a) Read and played bridge.
(b) Cleaned the ship.
(c) Had jam sessions.
(d) Played poker.
9. Where does Anita return to in Chapter 7?
(d) Las Vegas.
10. How long did Anita manage a leave of absence for from her tour?
(a) 1 weekend.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 3 days.
11. What increased for Anita on her traveling tour?
(a) Her use of alcohol and marijuana.
(b) Her love for performing.
(c) Extramarital affairs.
(d) Heroine use.
12. How long was John's probation for?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 6 years.
13. How long did Anita and John have a relationship?
(a) Half a decade.
(b) 8 years.
(c) A full decade.
(d) 9 years.
14. What was the Village Vanguard?
(a) A campground.
(b) The oldest club in New York.
(c) A nice park.
(d) The youngest club in New York.
15. What was Anita NOT considered to be, Chapter 12?
(b) A financial success.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anita see her constant travel as?
2. What did Carl do during the war?
3. What was Anita ready for when she was released from prison?
4. Where did Anita reunite with Carl after traveling on the road?
5. What did Anita and John's life spiral into?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)