|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Anita have to pass to obtain a permit to perform?
(a) A sobriety test.
(c) A drug test.
(d) A music test.
2. What year was The Newport Festival a key moment for Anita?
3. What did Granz's company produce?
(a) Blues artists.
(b) Swing dancers.
(c) Baked goods.
(d) Jazz and beebop artists.
4. What did Anita settle in as before Carl went to war?
(a) A single girl.
(b) A military wife.
(c) A waitress at a club.
(d) A night singer.
5. How much did Maynard Sloate guarantee Anita she would make at her new job?
(a) $ 650 a week.
(b) $ 1000 every 2 weeks.
(c) $ 750 a week.
(d) $ 550 a week.
6. Who was Vido Musso?
(a) A singer.
(b) A producer.
(c) A tenor saxophone player.
(d) A manager.
7. What was Anita and John's relationship based on?
(c) Another music club.
8. What did Anita and John's life spiral into?
9. Who was Musso's top recording artist?
(a) Eartha Kitt.
(b) Ella Fitzgerald.
(c) Otis Redding.
(d) Aretha Franklin.
10. Who moved in with Anita and John in Chapter 12?
(c) Anita's mom.
(d) No one.
11. What was Anita's reason for leaving the band and what was she determined to do?
(a) Pursue her mother's career.
(b) Pursue her single career.
(c) Move to another state.
(d) Pursue her husband's career.
12. Where was the club located that Musso had an agreement with?
(a) New Mexico.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Las Vegas.
13. What was the Village Vanguard?
(a) The youngest club in New York.
(b) A nice park.
(c) The oldest club in New York.
(d) A campground.
14. Where does Joe now currently reside?
(b) Palm Springs.
15. Where did Anita and John go first after leaving Club Starlite?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita say about her time spent in prison?
2. What did Anita do after her bail?
3. What did Anita admit about her lifestyle when she worked with Musso?
4. What were Anita's physical conditions after she re-joined Gene's band?
5. What did the people find who raided Carl and Anita's home?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)