|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Anita and John permission to leave Club Starlite?
(b) Their probation officer.
(d) No one.
2. What do Chapters 6 through 9 show the reader about Anita's life?
(b) The roller coaster existence of a musician's life.
(c) Failure and success.
3. Where did Anita follow Carl to?
(a) Airbases in California, Texas and Arizona.
(b) Airbases in Texas.
(c) Airbases in Arizona.
(d) No where.
4. What movie was Anita in?
(a) She was never in a movie.
(b) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(c) Jazz on a Summer's Day.
(d) Cat on the Hot Tin Roof.
5. What was the name of the club Musso had a long term engagement with?
(a) Club Stars.
(b) Club Starlite.
(c) Starlight Cafe.
(d) Club Lights.
6. Who moved in with Anita and John in Chapter 12?
(a) No one.
(b) Anita's mom.
7. What did Anita have to pass to obtain a permit to perform?
(a) A sobriety test.
(b) A music test.
(d) A drug test.
8. How long did the person spend in jail who was arrested for possession and contributing to the delinquency of a 17 year old?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 90 days.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 180 days.
9. What did the band Anita played with in Chapter 7 do in their free time?
(a) Cleaned the ship.
(b) Had jam sessions.
(c) Read and played bridge.
(d) Played poker.
10. Who introduced Anita to heroin?
11. How long did Anita remain with the band in Chapter 7?
(a) 11 weeks.
(b) 12 weeks.
(c) 11 months.
(d) 13 months.
12. What was Anita diagnosed with?
(a) Anxiety neuroses.
(d) Sleep apnea.
13. Who offered Anita the job as female vocalist at twice what Gene paid her?
(a) Herman Woods.
(b) Woods Hersemen.
(c) Woody Hermann.
(d) Woody Herman.
14. What did Anita see her constant travel as?
15. In Chapter 7, who replaced Anita in the band?
(a) Shirley Lusk.
(b) Lusk Shurles.
(c) Shirley Lukes.
(d) Shirley Luster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Carl buy a piece of property with?
2. Where does Anita return to in Chapter 12?
3. What did Anita and Carl do before he shipped out for war?
4. What was the Village Vanguard?
5. What does Anita say about her time spent in prison?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)