|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Anita diagnosed with?
(a) Sleep apnea.
(c) Anxiety neuroses.
2. How long did the person spend in jail who was arrested for possession and contributing to the delinquency of a 17 year old?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 180 days.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 90 days.
3. How much did Maynard Sloate guarantee Anita she would make at her new job?
(a) $ 550 a week.
(b) $ 650 a week.
(c) $ 750 a week.
(d) $ 1000 every 2 weeks.
4. What did Goodman not tolerate?
(a) Alcohol abuse.
(b) Drug abuse.
(c) Other performers upstaging him.
(d) Relationships in the band.
5. What does Anita feel life on the road leads to?
6. Who did Anita reconnect with in 1947?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father and his 10th wife.
7. Where did Carl and Anita buy a house when the war was almost over?
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) Los Angeles.
8. How long did Anita spend with the band she was offered a job with when she was in Hollywood?
(a) 10 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 12 weeks.
9. Where does Anita return to in Chapter 12?
(a) New York.
10. Whose band did Anita join in Chapter 7?
(b) Stan Kenton's.
(c) No one's.
11. What do Chapters 6 through 9 show the reader about Anita's life?
(a) The roller coaster existence of a musician's life.
(b) Failure and success.
12. Who raided Carl and Anita's home?
(b) Their landlord.
(c) Drug agents.
13. Who offered Anita the job as female vocalist at twice what Gene paid her?
(a) Woods Hersemen.
(b) Woody Herman.
(c) Woody Hermann.
(d) Herman Woods.
14. What increased for Anita on her traveling tour?
(a) Her love for performing.
(b) Heroine use.
(c) Extramarital affairs.
(d) Her use of alcohol and marijuana.
15. Who is John Poole?
(a) A manager.
(b) A guitarist.
(c) A drummer.
(d) A song writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Carl buy a piece of property with?
2. Who was arrested for possession and contributing to the delinquency of a 17 year old?
3. Where did the band begin to perform during Chapter 6?
4. What was Anita ready for when she was released from prison?
5. What type of songs did Anita choose to sing?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)