|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was foreclosed of Anita and John's?
(a) John's house in Arizona.
(b) Their new car.
(c) Their condo in Miami.
(d) Their new house.
2. Where did Carl and Anita buy a house when the war was almost over?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) Los Angeles.
3. When did Anita get booked throughout the country?
4. What did Anita do after her bail?
(a) Filed for divorce.
(b) Went to her mom's.
(c) Moved to another country.
(d) Went shopping.
5. What was Anita ready for when she was released from prison?
(a) To sing.
(b) To see her mom.
(c) To rejoin the music world.
(d) To see Carl.
6. Where does Anita return to in Chapter 7?
(d) Las Vegas.
7. What was the Village Vanguard?
(a) A campground.
(b) A nice park.
(c) The oldest club in New York.
(d) The youngest club in New York.
8. Where does Anita return to in Chapter 12?
(a) New York.
9. Who offered Anita the job as female vocalist at twice what Gene paid her?
(a) Woody Herman.
(b) Woods Hersemen.
(c) Herman Woods.
(d) Woody Hermann.
10. What does Anita say about her time spent in prison?
(a) She cleaned the floors.
(b) She ate regularly, exercized and slept to pass the time.
(c) She made friends.
(d) She watched television.
11. In Chapter 7, who replaced Anita in the band?
(a) Shirley Lukes.
(b) Lusk Shurles.
(c) Shirley Luster.
(d) Shirley Lusk.
12. What illness did John develop?
(c) An eye infection.
13. What was a business that took advantage of drunk conventioneers called?
(a) "Clip joints".
(b) Dark spots.
(c) Juke joints.
(d) Nose dives.
14. What movie was Anita in?
(a) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(b) Cat on the Hot Tin Roof.
(c) Jazz on a Summer's Day.
(d) She was never in a movie.
15. What did Granz's company produce?
(a) Baked goods.
(b) Blues artists.
(c) Swing dancers.
(d) Jazz and beebop artists.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Maynard Sloate guarantee Anita she would make at her new job?
2. What year was The Newport Festival a key moment for Anita?
3. What was Anita and John's relationship based on?
4. Who was arrested for possession and contributing to the delinquency of a 17 year old?
5. Whose band did Anita join in Chapter 7?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)