|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Anita NOT considered to be, Chapter 12?
(d) A financial success.
2. What was Anita's reason for leaving the band and what was she determined to do?
(a) Pursue her husband's career.
(b) Pursue her single career.
(c) Move to another state.
(d) Pursue her mother's career.
3. Where did Carl and Anita buy a house when the war was almost over?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Las Vegas.
4. What did Anita refuse to autograph of John's?
(a) His chest.
(b) His snare drum.
(c) His face.
(d) His guitar.
5. Who moved in with Anita and John in Chapter 12?
(a) No one.
(c) Anita's mom.
6. What illness did John develop?
(c) An eye infection.
7. What does Anita say about her time spent in prison?
(a) She ate regularly, exercized and slept to pass the time.
(b) She cleaned the floors.
(c) She made friends.
(d) She watched television.
8. Where does Anita return to in Chapter 7?
(a) Las Vegas.
9. What did Anita have to pass to obtain a permit to perform?
(b) A sobriety test.
(c) A music test.
(d) A drug test.
10. When did Anita get booked throughout the country?
11. What does Anita feel life on the road leads to?
12. What increased for Anita on her traveling tour?
(a) Extramarital affairs.
(b) Her love for performing.
(c) Heroine use.
(d) Her use of alcohol and marijuana.
13. Who did Anita reconnect with in 1947?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her father and his 10th wife.
14. What did Granz's company produce?
(a) Blues artists.
(b) Jazz and beebop artists.
(c) Swing dancers.
(d) Baked goods.
15. What did Anita see her constant travel as?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Maynard Sloate guarantee Anita she would make at her new job?
2. How long did the person spend in jail who was arrested for possession and contributing to the delinquency of a 17 year old?
3. Where was John arrested?
4. What did Norman Granz own?
5. Who loaned Anita and John money?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)