|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the person spend in jail who was arrested for possession and contributing to the delinquency of a 17 year old?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 180 days.
(d) 90 days.
2. What did the band Anita played with in Chapter 7 do in their free time?
(a) Played poker.
(b) Read and played bridge.
(c) Had jam sessions.
(d) Cleaned the ship.
3. What did John give to Anita?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) A picture frame.
(d) A hug.
4. Who gave Anita and John permission to leave Club Starlite?
(a) No one.
(d) Their probation officer.
5. Who introduced Anita to heroin?
6. What did Anita and John's life spiral into?
7. What did Anita love most about performing?
(a) The sound of the music.
(b) The sound of the crowd.
(c) The lights and crowds.
(d) The heat from the lights.
8. What did Anita refuse to autograph of John's?
(a) His guitar.
(b) His snare drum.
(c) His face.
(d) His chest.
9. Where did Anita go on tour with Benny Goodman?
(d) Sweden and Germany.
10. Who was Vido Musso?
(a) A singer.
(b) A tenor saxophone player.
(c) A producer.
(d) A manager.
11. What did Goodman not tolerate?
(a) Other performers upstaging him.
(b) Relationships in the band.
(c) Drug abuse.
(d) Alcohol abuse.
12. How long did Anita remain with the band in Chapter 7?
(a) 13 months.
(b) 11 months.
(c) 11 weeks.
(d) 12 weeks.
13. What year was The Newport Festival a key moment for Anita?
14. What were Anita's physical conditions after she re-joined Gene's band?
(a) Overworked and not eating.
(b) Overworked but healthy.
(c) Overworked and underpaid.
(d) Underpaid and underfed.
15. Who offered Anita the job as female vocalist at twice what Gene paid her?
(a) Woody Hermann.
(b) Woody Herman.
(c) Herman Woods.
(d) Woods Hersemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Chapters 6 through 9 show the reader about Anita's life?
2. What was Anita's reason for leaving the band and what was she determined to do?
3. What illness did John develop?
4. What was Anita ready for when she was released from prison?
5. What did Norman Granz own?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)