|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Anita find pleasure in during her adolescence?
(a) Music and her summers.
(b) Music and poetry.
(c) Movies and tv.
(d) Summer and dinnertime.
2. How does Chapter 1 describe Anita?
(a) Lonely but happy.
(b) Happy and joyful.
(c) Sad and miserable.
(d) Disruptive and emotionally bankrupt.
3. What did Anita grow up believing?
(a) She was a nuisance.
(b) She was ugly.
(c) She was adopted.
(d) She was unwanted and unloved.
4. What was the person building who heard Anita sing in the middle of her shifts?
(b) An amphitheatre.
(c) A new club, the Off- Beat.
(d) A new theatre.
5. What did James NOT do?
(a) Provide for his family.
(d) Was abusive.
6. What did Anita's idol use to convey the messages of her songs?
(a) Her facial expressions.
(b) Audience members.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her body movement.
7. What happened during Anita's first sexual encounter?
(a) She bled for 3 days.
(b) She was raped.
(c) She became pregnant.
(d) She got really sick.
8. Where did the newlywed couple move to?
9. In what time period was Anita's adolescence?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) World War II.
10. Where did Anita's crush in Chapter 3 play the drums?
(a) The Venus.
(b) The Vialago.
(c) In the streets.
(d) The Virgin Record Store.
11. How old is Anita in Chapter 3?
(a) It doesn't say.
(b) 17 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
12. Who did Anita spend her summers with?
(a) Her paternal grandparents.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her maternal grandparents.
13. Which of the following was NOT used to describe James in Chapter 1?
14. What did Anita's crush teach her to play?
(a) The bass guitar.
(b) The violin.
(c) The drums.
(d) The piano.
15. In Chapter 3, how much older was Anita's crush than she was?
(a) 11 months older.
(b) 11 years older.
(c) 12 years older.
(d) 7 years older.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anita begin to do to make money in Chapter 3?
2. Where did Anita stay when Don was away from her?
3. Who did Anita become infatuated with in Chapter 3?
4. Who came to live with Anita and her mom in Chapter 2?
5. Who was always around Anita and her first husband?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)