|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Anita begin to do to make money in Chapter 3?
(b) Waited tables.
(c) Worked a table dice game.
2. What were dance marathons called?
(d) Dance 'til you drop.
3. Where was Trilby or Betty playing by Chapter 3?
(a) Planet Venus.
(b) Outside in the streets.
(c) Kitty Davis.
(d) A bar.
4. Where did Anita's crush in Chapter 3 play the drums?
(a) The Virgin Record Store.
(b) The Venus.
(c) In the streets.
(d) The Vialago.
5. What does Anita note that her mother did not have in her life during her growing up years?
(a) Friends or a social life.
(b) A boyfriend or a social life.
(c) Friends or a boyfriend.
(d) A social life with people who care about her.
6. What did Anita's idol use to convey the messages of her songs?
(a) Her body movement.
(b) Audience members.
(c) Her facial expressions.
(d) Her eyes.
7. What ended the family's temporary happiness in Chapter 1?
(a) James took all of Gladys's money.
(b) They had to sell their house.
(c) James moved out again.
(d) James proved to be as irresponsible as before.
8. What type of music did Anita strictly sing in Chapter 4?
9. Who is Anita's idol in Chapter 3?
(a) Marta Reesen.
(b) Mary Rave.
(c) Martha Raye.
(d) Martha Rye.
10. Who were Anita's best friends during her time working in Chapter 3?
(a) Beatrice and Roberta.
(b) Betty Hall and Lea Roberts.
(c) Leah and Beatrice.
(d) Bea and Lea.
11. In what time period was Anita's adolescence?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) World War II.
12. What did Anita show her talent was, during her first performance at the Off-Beat?
(b) Her piano skills.
(c) Her guitar skills.
(d) Her voice.
13. What was Anita's first marriage built upon?
(c) Friendship where sex was frowned upon.
14. In Chapter 3, who heard Anita sing in the middle of her job shifts?
(a) Charles Connerly.
(b) Charlie Thornton.
(c) Charleston Cons.
(d) Carl Cons.
15. What happened to the person who stayed with Anita and her mom during Chapter 2?
(a) He was left by his wife.
(b) He was injured in the field.
(c) She was left by her husband.
(d) She was raped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anita drown her sorrows in while Don was away?
2. What did Anita long for during Chapter 2?
3. Who did Anita become infatuated with in Chapter 3?
4. Where did Anita move after she rejected her second marriage proposal?
5. Who did Anita spend her summers with?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)