|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Anita travel with during her time she ran away?
2. Where did Anita move after she rejected her second marriage proposal?
(a) To her old house.
(b) To Kitty Davis.
(c) To a run down hotel.
(d) With her mother and Belle.
3. What was Anita faced with that made her runaway from home?
(a) Failing grades.
(b) A new school.
(d) A new step dad.
4. What does Anita note that her mother did not have in her life during her growing up years?
(a) A social life with people who care about her.
(b) Friends or a social life.
(c) Friends or a boyfriend.
(d) A boyfriend or a social life.
5. What happened during Anita's first sexual encounter?
(a) She was raped.
(b) She bled for 3 days.
(c) She became pregnant.
(d) She got really sick.
6. What did Anita attend a great deal during her summers?
(a) The river.
7. What did Gladys discover before she got married?
(a) She hates her life.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is in love.
(d) She hates her dad.
8. What did Anita long for during Chapter 2?
(c) A lifestyle more appropriate for adults.
(d) A lifestyle of freedom.
9. What did Anita drown her sorrows in while Don was away?
(a) Sleeping pills.
(b) A crazy social life.
(c) Cognac and marijuana.
10. How much could one earn in a dance marathon?
(a) A trophy.
(b) Gift certificates.
(c) A substantial amount for the times.
(d) The title.
11. Who was always around Anita and her first husband?
(a) Anita's mother.
(b) Anita's son.
(c) Don's mother.
(d) Don's daughter.
12. Who did Anita become infatuated with in Chapter 3?
(a) Carter Deems.
(b) Don Carter.
(c) Donny Cash.
(d) Donny Cartersville.
13. Who is Carl Hoff?
(a) A producer.
(b) A singer.
(c) Golf pro at the Biltmore Counrty Club.
(d) A dancer.
14. What did Anita do with the money she won in the dance contest?
(a) Gave it to her mother.
(b) Spent it on clothes.
(c) Spent it on food.
(d) Went to the movies and dinner with it.
15. What did James NOT do?
(a) Provide for his family.
(b) Was abusive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anita's idol use to convey the messages of her songs?
2. In Chapter 2, what did Gladys allow Anita to do?
3. Where did Anita's crush in Chapter 3 play the drums?
4. What was the result of James' behavior?
5. What did Gladys have to do to support herself and her daughter?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)