|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the circular Bunchy points out?
2. Who does Stephanie visit again?
3. Where was Fred supposed to go this morning?
4. Who else does Stephanie talk to about Fred?
5. Why do Lulu and Stephanie not want to get too rough?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Stephanie encounter at the funeral home and why is her response a little hypocritical?
2. What does Stephanie learn about Fred and how was one of these facts already hinted at in chapter one?
3. What does Stephanie buy at the mall and do you think it is appropriate for the purpose for which she buys it?
4. What is ironic about Fred taking his garbage bags out behind the butcher's?
5. What possible scenario does Stephanie come up with pertaining to her uncle's disappearance?
6. Why do you think Grandma Mazur wants Stephanie to find Fred?
7. Why is Stehanie's income uncertain and she must be good at what she does?
8. What happens when Stephanie and Ranger go running in the morning and why do you think it happens?
9. What is suspicious about what Shempsky tells Stephanie at the bank?
10. What is the reason Morelli says he wishes Stephanie would not work for Ranger any more and could there be any other reason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This novel belongs to the general literary category of fiction and the genre of detective fiction, although it has characteristics of other genres also. Discuss the following:
1. Define the term genre.
2. Why do you think books are categorized by genre? What are the advantages? The disadvantages?
3. Discuss in what ways you think High Five belongs to the detective fiction genre.
4. To what other genres could this book possibly belong?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Compare/contrast Joe Morelli to Ranger.
2. Compare/contrast the relationship of Joe to Stephanie to that of Ranger to Stephanie.
3. Compare/contrast the type of "community" in which Stephanie lives to your own.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Do you think being a bounty hunter is an appropriate occupation for a woman? Discuss fully.
2. Do you think Stephanie Plum could be considered a successful bounty hunter?
3. Compare/contrast the way Morelli views Stephanie's occupation versus the way Ranger views it.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)