|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephanie tell Ranger she needs?
2. To whom does Stephanie give the pictures she found in Fred's desk?
3. Who wants Stephanie to find out about Fred?
4. Why does Benchy spend the night in his car?
5. How does Briggs escape being taken in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Stephanie in the parking lot at the garbage company and do you think she should do anything about it?
2. Who is following Stephanie and what does she do about it?
3. What does Stephanie buy at the mall and do you think it is appropriate for the purpose for which she buys it?
4. What possible scenario does Stephanie come up with pertaining to her uncle's disappearance?
5. How does Stephanie seem to comfort herself when she is feeling off?
6. What is ironic about Fred taking his garbage bags out behind the butcher's?
7. What does Ranger ask of Stephanie and is her response justified?
8. What is the implication that Fred took pictures of the body with a disposable camera?
9. What is possibly foreshadowed in what Morelli tells Stephanie about Rameriz?
10. What are the photos Mabel show Stephanie and what do you think it might foreshadow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following:
1. How does the plot structure contribute to the success of the story? (Or Not)
2. Discuss the five times Evanovich uses foreshadowing and how it is fulfilled later in the story.
3. Discuss the use of slang/dialect and lingo in the story and how it does (or does not) make a more interesting read.
Essay Topic 2
Many times after reading a novel, a reader will think it is either a great story or not that good. Part of this evaluation is quite subjective, but part can be traced to some characteristics that exist in most successful or unsuccessful novels. Discuss the following:
1. Articulate and analyze three reasons you think High Five is either successful or not successful.
2. What are some of the things you look for in a novel that make you enjoy the novel? Explain with examples.
3. If you were having a chat with Evanovich and she asks you about your experience reading High Five, what would you tell her.
Essay Topic 3
Stephanie finds herself struggling with her desire to have a committed relationship with Morelli or a hot affair with Ranger. Stephanie's affection tends toward Morelli despite his past reputation as a womanizer. Discuss the following:
1. Do you think Morelli can stop being a womanizer if he marries Stephanie (or any woman)? Why or why not.
2. Why do you think Stephanie only thinks of Ranger in terms of an affair rather than marriage?
3. Who do you think wold make the better husband--Ranger or Joe Morelli?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)