|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fred talk to at the bank the day he disappears?
2. What does Stephanie say she will do after talking to Larry at the garbage company?
3. What does Stephanie make?
4. Who does Stephanie talk to at the bank?
5. Why does Benchy spend the night in his car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is suspicious about what Shempsky tells Stephanie at the bank?
2. How does Stephanie get injured in the aftermath of the redecorating project and do you think she will not participate in any more such projects?
3. What happens when Stephanie and Ranger go running in the morning and why do you think it happens?
4. What does Stephanie buy at the mall and do you think it is appropriate for the purpose for which she buys it?
5. Why do you think Grandma Mazur wants Stephanie to find Fred?
6. What is possibly foreshadowed in what Morelli tells Stephanie about Rameriz?
7. What is the implication that Fred took pictures of the body with a disposable camera?
8. Why does Briggs say he cannot go with Stephanie and what does he do?
9. What possible scenario does Stephanie come up with pertaining to her uncle's disappearance?
10. Describe and briefly analyze Stephanie's experience chauffeuring the Arab teen.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following:
1. Do you think being a bounty hunter is an appropriate occupation for a woman? Discuss fully.
2. Do you think Stephanie Plum could be considered a successful bounty hunter?
3. Compare/contrast the way Morelli views Stephanie's occupation versus the way Ranger views it.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Compare/contrast Joe Morelli to Ranger.
2. Compare/contrast the relationship of Joe to Stephanie to that of Ranger to Stephanie.
3. Compare/contrast the type of "community" in which Stephanie lives to your own.
Essay Topic 3
A number of characters in High Five are people who are living on the wrong side of the law or at the very least at the edge of legality. Discuss the following:
1. Trace and analyze two characters who live in the "grey zone" between legal and illegal.
2. Compare/contrast Stephanie's attitudes towards lawbreakers versus that of Joe Morelli.
3. Compare/contrast Joe Morelli's attitudes towards lawbreakers versus that of Ranger.
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)