|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephanie make?
2. Where does Stephanie encounter Ranger?
3. How does Lulu distract Stephanie's tail?
4. What is Ranger's response?
5. What does Mabel say about Fred and money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two clues does Stephanie learn as she studies the photos from Fred's desk and what may one or both foreshadow?
2. What happens when Stephanie and Ranger go running in the morning and why do you think it happens?
3. What is on Lula's car when Stephanie and Lula return to it from shopping and what is Stephanie's reaction?
4. What does Stephanie buy at the mall and do you think it is appropriate for the purpose for which she buys it?
5. Who is following Stephanie and what does she do about it?
6. What happens when Stephanie and Lula attempt to bring in Briggs again and what might this suggest about Stephanie's ultimate success as a bounty hunter?
7. Who does Stephanie encounter at the funeral home and why is her response a little hypocritical?
8. What is suspicious about what Shempsky tells Stephanie at the bank?
9. What is the reason Morelli says he wishes Stephanie would not work for Ranger any more and could there be any other reason?
10. What are the photos Mabel show Stephanie and what do you think it might foreshadow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In chapter 13, when Stephanies talks to Mabel's, she learns nothing new except that Mabel has gone on a spending spree and appears to be optimistic that Fred will never return. Discuss the following:
1. Do you think Mabel is in denial and is merely taking advantage of the situation until Fred's return? Why or why not.
2. What are some aspects of Fred's character that makes it believable that Mabel would be celebrating his demise?
3. How do you think Mabel would respond to Fred's returning to her alive and well?
4. Should Mabel welcome Fred back if she learns of his infidelity?
Essay Topic 2
Stephanie Plum is a bounty hunter. Discuss the following:
1. What is a bounty hunter as it is used in this novel?
2. Why do you think someone would choose the job of bounty hunter?
3. Would you be willing to be a bounty hunter?
Essay Topic 3
In any detective novel, there are clues that point both to the real criminal(s) versus those that are designed to mislead the readers in order to add suspense. Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze five clues that are designed to let the astute reader figure out who is the criminal(s).
2. Trace and analyze five clues that are designed to mislead even the astute reader in figuring out who is the criminal(s).
3. Do you enjoy being mislead in a mystery/suspense novel? Why or why not.
This section contains 1,248 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)