|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had fate deprived Jonas of?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) All of these.
(d) His son.
2. What had Lindsey learned about Jonas Nyebern?
(a) He was obsessive in his work.
(b) All of these.
(c) He was a local legend.
(d) He was a good man.
3. What hadn't been held in the storerooms?
(a) Burger packages.
(c) Packs of fertilizer.
(d) Paper cups.
4. At what minute did Hatch come back and gain a pulse?
(a) Eighty four minutes.
(b) Seventy-seven minutes.
(c) Ninety minutes.
(d) Seventy-four minutes.
5. Why couldn't Lindsey infuse her words with anger?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) She was too exhausted.
(d) She was too depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point did Hatch first regain consciousness?
2. What was the truck driver's guilt in the situation?
3. What drink did Vassago always like?
4. Why did the sexual needs of others enrage Vassago?
5. What did Lindsey manage to convince herself of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why couldn't Hatch and Lindsey simply try for another child?
2. Why was Lindsey not comforted by the arrival of the mysterious Dr. Nyeburn?
3. Why did Hatch and Lindsey like Regina?
4. Who was Margaret?
5. What effect did the river water have on Lindsey?
6. What is aphasia, and why is it a good thing that Hatch isn't aphasic?
7. Why was Nyebern apprehensive about reviving Hatch?
8. Why did Vassago frequent the Blue Skies Motel?
9. What was Lindsey reminded of when she was being talked to in soothing tones?
10. Why had Lindsey and Hatch gone to the lake?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)