|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was in the man's wallet?
(a) Two hundred dollars.
(b) Eight hundred dollars.
(c) Four hundred dollars.
(d) Three hundred dollars.
2. What let Lindsey know that she was going to survive?
(a) When she tasted nausea.
(b) When she could hear the rescuers murmurs.
(c) When she could smell the exhaust from the rescue vehicles.
(d) When she slipped into sleep.
3. What was a weapon against life-threatening illnesses?
(a) Positive thinking.
(d) All of these.
4. How long would Vassago normally been sated after killing Margaret?
(a) Two months.
(b) A year.
(c) A week.
(d) A month.
5. What was Vassago's fascination with Margaret?
(a) She was already dying.
(b) She was completely wholesome.
(c) She had no desire in sex.
(d) She was so full of vitality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the child that Hatch and Lindsey are meeting?
2. What had started the truck driver drinking?
3. How long had Jimmy taken to die?
4. What was the name of the night club that Vassago went to?
5. Why did Hatch try and make himself so nice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Vassago like rats?
2. Why did Vassago look at the Satan in the fun house with scorn and admiration?
3. How did the car end up at the bottom of the ravine?
4. Why did Regina think of herself as such a screw up?
5. Why was Lindsey not comforted by the arrival of the mysterious Dr. Nyeburn?
6. What is aphasia, and why is it a good thing that Hatch isn't aphasic?
7. Why did Lindsey fear being blind?
8. What was Lindsey reminded of when she was being talked to in soothing tones?
9. Why couldn't Hatch and Lindsey simply try for another child?
10. Why did Vassago frequent the Blue Skies Motel?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)